Become a Patron!

The Pay It Forward Box - LIST CLOSED

xanadu0324

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I kinda look at it like, by taking some stuff out of the PIF, you're getting MUCH more $ worth than the shipping cost, and that's less you have to go buy. So If you take $17.90 worth of stuff out of the box, that's $17.90 worth of stuff you don't have to buy...so it evens out...if that makes sense. My logic is sometimes skewed ;)

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
xanadu0324
Lucky for us, we are the last 2 on Box 1..... You will get to have the fun of stuffing the box, I will just stand back when I open it and hope.... laughs........

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are you sure? :p LOL

Double, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

got enough animals here, dogs cats, chickens, Finches, fish and turtles.... I mean I would not notice another cat but a kitten. They are just so cute then grow up. Kind of like kids, they start out cute then become teenagers....

xanadu0324

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
True story for sure...I definitely know I have a turtle...he steals tomatoes from my garden...want him?

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
True story for sure...I definitely know I have a turtle...he steals tomatoes from my garden...want him?

laughs, no, please no more pets or wildlife. I beg you, Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks and please no neighbor kids, your own or pets to be packed by mistake or thinking of PIFing.........

Don't laugh, had a friend who wanted to ship his kid to Hawaii, he thought it would be cheaper to ship the kid. FED EX said NO!!!!!

My kid is way too big to fit into that box, he's certainly about 190lbs over the weight limit, lol.. now my cat on the other hand, she'd fit perfectly. Thanks for the suggestion! ;) @VapedCrusader I hope that you're not allergic!

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
MoFo, You never know, crate him.......

My friend wanted to crate his kid for the trip. It would have cost him half the airfare to do it until the Fed Ex guy heard the kid inside. yes, he had the crate at the Fed Ex office turning it in.... Ok this happened in the early 90s.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
damn. a silent .............................................................. smiles.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
no, the box is what you are getting. laughs. Juice is too easy to pass through the body. The box will stick to you better...
Damned you Tick I thought I would sly my way out of the box ok so I have to eat this box when its done send back to me I will eat th box Im serious

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Damned you Tick I thought I would sly my way out of the box ok so I have to eat this box when its done send back to me I will eat th box Im serious

Oh I plan to and as I said, i will pack some seasonings and maybe sauces to help flavor it better for you...laughs

and oh yes, a video as well....

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That would be awesome!!!!

I know something can be done where it would be Highlighted and BOLD!!!!

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@moro has it now, Box 1 and then it has to go to xanadu0324 then me.
When xanadu gets it, I will PM you for your address...

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm okay with it being $17.90. I had estimated $20 for shipping. You MIGHT get lucky and be able to get it in a non-flat rate box for less than flat rate. It mostly depends on weight + destination at that point.

I really need to do a tutorial on regional rate shipping. (example large, awkward, yet not overly heavy - 20lb object from my mom in NY to my cousin in WA - was around $11 regional rate to ship. I have a huge assortment of boxes and ordering boxes from USPS.com usually only takes a couple days to get them if there's that option.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Frawg, for the info. Glad to know we have someone here with shipping experience. sheesh, I forgot you run a business as well. dumbie me....

Ok, @MoFo we are getting some more options here.

people of Box 2, laughs. more options, let us know. The more input, the better off everyone is.

I guess we have til @MoFo gets the box, next week to check in. a couple are ok, with the bigger box and price...

I guess if any questions, we now have Frawg we can check with as well..

xanadu0324

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If someone has a scale, they can weigh the box and type it into USPS and see what the cost would be for a non flat-rate box.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, folks, I am hitting it. Just checked the clock, damn it's after 2.

A last property check then bed.

Everyone have a good Sunday if I do check in early..

and thanks for the help, suggestions and everyone involved in both Boxes. You all have made it possible to happen.

and a special good night to Xanadu... smiles

xanadu0324

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@tick22 Are you trying to butter me up so I don't send you a kitten? ;) Flattery will get you everywhere, you know.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
me??? no, I would never sink so low to try that????? :rolleyes: Never....

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it is?????? would would have thought????? :D

bgaulding

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When I had Box 2 it was 10 lbs.. That's a heavy box!

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh man, I don't think there is room for one.

But so far I have been wrong on most things today... or answered wrong. sheesh

xanadu0324

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will take out enough juice and accessories to make room for a kitty. *meow*

(I've REALLY thought about getting one of those voice recorder things, with a meow on a loop...but figured the Post Office would freak out and open the box.)

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
laughs, I know they might but then, I have had baby chicks mailed to me, so as long as they know it will not explored, I think you may be ok as long as there are air holes. laughs....

mmm, did I just agree to something???????? :confused:

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks moro for the update. I hope you had a fun weekend with the box. Now how much fun was it packing it and what should xanadu0324 expect when she opens it? and please tell me there is no room for a small kitten.

Box 1 is on the final leg to the end, . xanadu then me.

Box 2 people , please check in with if you want the Box split or a larger box.

Here is where we are at with Box 2.

@MoFo is waiting for Box 2 then next up is

37 / 12) @VapedCrusader
38 / 13) @biglenny1211
39 / 14) @Damwow
40 / 15) @sac
41 / 16) @CurlyxCracker
42 / 17) @GargoyleK1
43 / 18) @ceejkay
44 / 19) @Frawg
45 / 20) @Cloud79
46 / 21) @BugOut Machine

If we split the box then it would be.

Box 2A
37 / 12) @VapedCrusader
38 / 13) @biglenny1211
39 / 14) @Damwow
40 / 15) @sac
41 / 16) @CurlyxCracker

Box 2B
2 / 17) @GargoyleK1
43 / 18) @ceejkay
44 / 19) @Frawg
45 / 20) @Cloud79
46 / 21) @BugOut Machine

So we really need people to check in to see who is still interested in being part of the boxes, PM the person after them and if they want to split or go bigger....

I figure but hope that the list does not get smaller.

@MoFo you may want to PM @GargoyleK1 in case we split the boxes..

Sorry if this is becoming a pain in the ass to some of you.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I dont care if we split.. or people just need to take more out of it lol.

I have a lot of stuff to put in there.. I planned around 20$ for shipping but if it gets any more than that I think splitting might be a good idea... but i think both boxes should still go to each person.. just makes it easier for pack up/ship out

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, now that a new idea. send both boxes to the same person. To Those that have shipped the boxes before, what is the cost of the Medium boxes now...
I thought about $12 or so...

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Huckleberried.

So 2 boxes to the same person puts in up there at about $25 plus. may be too much for some folks.

Feedback on any of the ideas????

xanadu0324

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No worries @tick22 there is too much red tape to send you a kitten...plus I'd feel terrible if he ate the eliquid and died or some such. No pussy for you (sorry, had to, couldn't help it, my fingers have a mind of their own!!)

xanadu0324

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Keep the box the way it is, next person in line needs to take extra out, even maybe stuff they can PIF to someone else NOT on the list. I think people feel bad for "taking too much" so they barely take anything and then shove a whole bunch of stuff in the box. TAKE STUFF! Don't feel bad! That is what the box is FOR!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No worries @tick22 there is too much red tape to send you a kitten...plus I'd feel terrible if he ate the eliquid and died or some such. No pussy for you (sorry, had to, couldn't help it, my fingers have a mind of their own!!)

Exactly... take more stuff.. and maybe we can PIF to the people at the beginning of the box who didn't get something they wanted - or didn't get as much as some of us towards the end.. i dunno.. either way I will make sure I put plenty of stuff in there for what I take - got a lot of stuff ready to toss people!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Huckleberried.

So 2 boxes to the same person puts in up there at about $25 plus. may be too much for some folks.

Feedback on any of the ideas????

It's all subjective anyways.. you are paying 20-30$ for shipping.. but you are getting say 50-75$ worth of gear .. maybe even more depending on what you grab.. so it ends up working out either way imo

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok guys and gals I've received the box, appears that nothing has leaked. I'll have more time to inspect when I get home from work.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great news, awesome packing from @builderbob.

let us know if it has room for you to add your stuff or if it has to be split or get a bigger box, please. So far getting a bigger box has the votes , that soon may have to be split. I know the box will have to have something done with it...

moro

Member For 4 Years
uploadfromtaptalk1415662356875.jpg box 1 as I got it.

uploadfromtaptalk1415662430918.jpg what i took. (Thanks to whoever put the mech and carto in. Both things I've been wanting to try.)

uploadfromtaptalk1415662543407.jpg what I put in. Not much to add :(

Sadly i was in such a hurry getting to the post office i forgot to get a pic pif me with the box. :oops:

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

VU Sponsors