Become a Patron!

To Date which US Presidential candidate will you be voting for & why?

Which US Presidential candidate will you be voting for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was free to attend or not attend any church I wanted to from the age of 6...I choose not to attend because playing was more fun....I avoided the visceral bigotry that those forced to attend churches have..it allowed me to study different religons with more nuetrality when I became an adult and I didn't bring a bunch of childhood baggage to the table,,,actually this has been a pretty good incarnation for me.

...The Captain went around the Wheelhouse once...then he went around the wheelhouse twice..
and on the third time 'round the Wheelhouse..

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
According to some Catholic teaching, over 3/4 of the populus are going to hell

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
¾, 2/3, give or take. I used to know the catechism..maybe Arthur knows.
Hell is a swinging party place. They have bacon.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
¾, 2/3, give or take. I used to know the catechism..maybe Arthur knows.
Hell is a swinging party place. They have bacon.
LMAO!!!
I grew up in a strict Catholic household.

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If China hits NK nuke site, all is well. If the US does, it's round two of the Korean war. NK will immediately shell SK.

They may strike China, SK, & US carrier group in first strike scenario since Lil Kim is convinced using Nukes is only thing that can keep him in power. Scorched earth policy. That is the rumor at least.

Agree China needs to do the strike on launch facilities & nuclear production facility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They may strike China, SK, & US carrier group in first strike scenario since Lil Kim is convinced using Nukes is only thing that can keep him in power. Scorched earth policy. That is the rumor at least.

I don't think they'll touch China.

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bulletin:
NOBODY'S GONNA FIRE ANY #*%#ING GUNS OF ANY SORT.

that is all...
1437570175476-conspiracy_2.jpg

1425_3.jpg

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He has already issued the threats to China, SK, & US.

Almost daily, for a very long time. He'll shoot back at SK and US troops in SK if'n we shoot at them. But he won't touch China. Even if China takes out his nukes. If he does, half of NK will run to China to defect or surrender.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LMAO!!!
I grew up in a strict Catholic household.

Mine wasn't all that strict but I hablo Catholic fluently.
Brother Ricky my 9th grade religion teacher said if the Pope ever heard of me he'd excommunicate me,
and Sister Marie Therese had to ask me to withdraw from Immaculata LaSalle
'cause of what I did to...
"Forgive me Father for I have sinned.." ;)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mine wasn't all that strict but I hablo Catholic fluently.
Brother Ricky my 9th grade religion teacher said if the Pope ever heard of me he'd excommunicate me,
and Sister Marie Therese had to ask me to withdraw from Immaculata LaSalle
'cause of what I did to...
"Forgive me Father for I have sinned.." ;)
Haha!
I was kicked out of my church permanently my junior year of high school for asking to many questions about the faith.
The preist hated being asked questions that he couldn't answer. He hated me even more when he saw reading the koran. I don't see anything wrong with exploring philosophical curiosities.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha!
I was kicked out of my church permanently my junior year of high school for asking to many questions about the faith.
The preist hated being asked questions that he couldn't answer. He hated me even more when he saw reading the koran. I don't see anything wrong with exploring philosophical curiosities.

My 9th grade religion class was 'Comparative religion' so I compared...
especially after meeting Lucy...
I had already developed a ton of "but" questions at 12 years of age after talking with an itinerant
Baptist preacher by the nick "Holy Joe"..at South Beach.

I stopped going to Sunday Mass and instead listened to Simon & Garfunkel's Sounds of Silence album, religiously.

But I went to Catholic school...

I was asked to withdraw (expelled) in the middle of 11th
'cause I popped a cherry by the football field... after school
(it seems some players saw me during practice)
and I beat some dude up in the library bathroom
'cause he said Hitler should have killed all the Jews.
My best friends at the time were two Jewish chicks...sisters

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My 9th grade religion class was 'Comparative religion' so I compared...
especially after meeting Lucy...
I had already developed a ton of "but" questions at 12 years of age after talking with an itinerant
Baptist preacher by the nick "Holy Joe"..at South Beach.

I stopped going to Sunday Mass and instead listened to Simon & Garfunkel's Sounds of Silence album, religiously.

But I went to Catholic school...

I was asked to withdraw (expelled) in the middle of 11th
'cause I popped a cherry by the football field... after school
(it seems some players saw me during practice)
and I beat some dude up in the library bathroom
'cause he said Hitler should have killed all the Jews.
My best friends at the time were two Jewish chicks...sisters
Damnitman!
I didn't have issues with the school. I was the band need that graduated with honors. I didn't get in touch with my asshole side until I got older.

I grew up with 2 Jewish guys, one was a member of the rehab team when I got hurt. The other is now a Catholic, he didn't want to be circumcized so he converted after his brothers bar mitzvah. -a whole different story.
When we were in high school we went to a WW2 exhibit at the museum, and were absolutely terrified at the reality of what we saw. I heard the stories from my grandfather's time through the European front, but I don't think anything could have prepared me for what we saw and heard.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damnitman!
I didn't have issues with the school. I was the band need that graduated with honors. I didn't get in touch with my asshole side until I got older.

I grew up with 2 Jewish guys, one was a member of the rehab team when I got hurt. The other is now a Catholic, he didn't want to be circumcized so he converted after his brothers bar mitzvah. -a whole different story.
When we were in high school we went to a WW2 exhibit at the museum, and were absolutely terrified at the reality of what we saw. I heard the stories from my grandfather's time through the European front, but I don't think anything could have prepared me for what we saw and heard.

Oh I wasn't a troublemaker per se. My journalism teacher got a bit peeved
when he found out I'd taken part in the creation of an underground rag, 'The Frequent Flush'
but I was an A student, one Sister hated to have to let go.

She actually apologized to me for having to kick me out.
Said, "Now you've gone and done it, handsome...I'm sorry to have to ask you to withdraw."
She was nice about it so as to not ruin my record.

Yea, I'd been to Holocaust presentations...knew old retired folks with prison tats on Miami Beach..
and those two sisters and their parents were supercool,
they let all the neighborhood kids hang out...So I didn't appreciate the idiot running his mouth.
What can I say? I used to have an Underdog or Mighty Mouse complex.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh I wasn't a troublemaker per se. My journalism teacher got a bit peeved
when he found out I'd taken part in the creation of an underground rag, 'The Frequent Flush'
but I was an A student, one Sister hated to have to let go.

She actually apologized to me for having to kick me out.
Said, "Now you've gone and done it, handsome...I'm sorry to have to ask you to withdraw."
She was nice about it so as to not ruin my record.

Yea, I'd been to Holocaust presentations...knew old retired folks with prison tats on Miami Beach..
and those two sisters and their parents were supercool,
they let all the neighborhood kids hang out...So I didn't appreciate the idiot running his mouth.
What can I say? I used to have an Underdog or Mighty Mouse complex.
Lol, I only got in one fight when I was in highschool; but it was enough to make an impression. Freshman year a senior thought it would be funny to smack a freshman. He stopped laughing when his head went through the locker. The brothers have us some gloves and told us to "work it out."
It was a private Catholic school, so to expell anyone was pretty rare.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, I only got in one fight when I was in highschool; but it was enough to make an impression. Freshman year a senior thought it would be funny to smack a freshman. He stopped laughing when his head went through the locker. The brothers have us some gloves and told us to "work it out."
It was a private Catholic school, so to expell anyone was pretty rare.

Yea, it was rare to get expelled at my school also.
I only got into one fight at that HS. I really wouldn't call the incident in the library bathroom a fight..
That one fight was a gang of 5 guys from another school who didn't know me
or that I studied martial arts back then. I got shit knocked out of me but I did good enough for them to never mess with me again.
But I do recall seniors giving freshman grief. When I went to a public HS after being dismissed by God's girlfriend
I only got into one fight too..By my senior year I looked freaky
what with not having to contend with the silly dress code in Catholic school.

One day we were having a moratorium 'cause of Kent State
and all the freaks were wearing black arm bands,
one idiot jock made the mistake of demanding I take it off.

My reply pissed him off and he attacked the hippie, tried to rip it off...LOL
He didn't appreciate the flight over my head or landing on the hard school hall floor.
"I told you I'm a fucking pacifist, motherfucker. Don't mess with my arm band!" said Hazy...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yea, it was rare to get expelled at my school also.
I only got into one fight at that HS. I really wouldn't call the incident in the library bathroom a fight..
That one fight was a gang of 5 guys from another school who didn't know me
or that I studied martial arts back then. I got shit knocked out of me but I did good enough for them to never mess with me again.
But I do recall seniors giving freshman grief. When I went to a public HS after being dismissed by God's girlfriend
I only got into one fight too..By my senior year I looked freaky
what with not having to contend with the silly dress code in Catholic school.

One day we were having a moratorium 'cause of Kent State
and all the freaks were wearing black arm bands,
one idiot jock made the mistake of demanding I take it off.

My reply pissed him off and he attacked the hippie, tried to rip it off...LOL
He didn't appreciate the flight over my head or landing on the hard school hall floor.
"I told you I'm a fucking pacifist, motherfucker. Don't mess with my arm band!" said Hazy...
Gotta love the tough guys...
It's usually that reality check they need to figure shit out. Assuming they have the brainspace to process the reality check.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gotta love the tough guys...
It's usually that reality check they need to figure shit out. Assuming they have the brainspace to process the reality check.

Agreed. The jock never messed with me nor did his buddies. Word spreads quickly.
The first thing my teacher(s) taught me was to try to walk away from a fight or talk my way out of it.
I'm not tough..I just wanna be left alone to do my thing. I live by the Golden Rule, even back then.
Peace & Love...Motherfucker. :)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha!

Funny I grew up in a family of Babtist preachers....... I was given a Koran a tora? and bible one christmas.. I couldn't get myself kicked out of church.. I just stopped going......

Still every time I saw Grandpa the mister and missionary. In North Africa and ME. All he ever said was are you going to church? I say no.. he ask where my bible was. I point to the shelf of books on religion. He would then ask if I have a girl friend. I answer yes.. He ask about her..

Imo the problem with religions is religious people. The worst being the newly religious.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Funny I grew up in a family of Babtist preachers....... I was given a Koran a tora? and bible one christmas.. I couldn't get myself kicked out of church.. I just stopped going......

Still every time I saw Grandpa the mister and missionary. In North Africa and ME. All he ever said was are you going to church? I say no.. he ask where my bible was. I point to the shelf of books on religion. He would then ask if I have a girl friend. I answer yes.. He ask about her..

Imo the problem with religions is religious people. The worst being the newly religious.

I wonder how much of it was THAT priest in particular.
By that point I had read all three major books (TORAH KORAN and BIBLE) along with some other philosophy's, the way I grew up made them of particular interest.
Father Tom, was pretty abrupt and a bit of an ass to have a normal conversation with, when I started pressing him for answers he got all twisted up and told me to just leave the church and never go back, so I didn't for the better part of 20 years.
I went to some smaller Christian churches here and there since, but my belief system never really changed . After my accident a priest had come talk to me. After i told him the story i didn't think he would stop laughing.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
By that point I had read all three major books (TORAH KORAN and BIBLE) along with some other philosophy's, the way I grew up made them of particular interest.
Father Tom, was pretty abrupt and a bit of an ass to have a normal conversation with, when I started pressing him for answers he got all twisted up and told me to just leave the church and never go back, so I didn't for the better part of 20 years.
I went to some smaller Christian churches here and there since, but my belief system never really changed . After my accident a priest had come talk to me. After i told him the story i didn't think he would stop laughing.
Comes down to the people.. religion and religions are not bad...... Fact us almost all of them teach the same basics..... but when you add religious people into the equation is when things go bad.

People of faith are great... religious people tend to be ASSHOLES.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Comes down to the people.. religion and religions are not bad...... Fact us almost all of them teach the same basics..... but when you add religious people into the equation is when things go bad.

People of faith are great... religious people tend to be ASSHOLES.

COULDNT AGREE MORE ...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In my Comparative Religion class, we had to read the Bhagvad Gita, the un abridged version first. Brother Charles was a good teacher, but a fucking sadist with that. Read the entire thing. Brother Charles studied that stuff for a living LOL. After that, the Koran and Talmud were easy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors