Become a Patron!

To Date which US Presidential candidate will you be voting for & why?

Which US Presidential candidate will you be voting for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, everyone that files BK is immoral. Gotcha.

When the landowner sold sold the commercial building my grandmother leased for her restaurant out from under her and she had to file BK, she was immoral.

All the people caught in the subprime housing crash and had to file BK are immoral.

Business is business is business. Whether you are rich or poor, the rules are the same. If your business fails, you file BK. Unless you're fucking stupid.
You so wrong bro....
BK WHEN UR RICH LIKE TRUMP
IS VERY DIFFERENT
FROM THE REST OF US POOR PEOPLE If WE FILE BK...
RULES ARE VERY DIFFERENT!!
Chapter
Go check ur shit!!

VAPE ON

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
democracy sucks. especially in a country that is more obssessed with sports leauges, and Kardashian's butt than the presidential race.
It does suck. But democratically elected representatives in a republic in which the government's power is strictly limited by a Constitution does seem to suck less than any other form of government that's been tried by mankind. But it still sucks, which may explain why I'm a philosophical anarchist. :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_anarchism

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
There are a number of examples of Trump being morally corrupt but the one that stands out to me is multiple bankruptcies. Fail at your business, leave the ones that loaned money to you holding the bag.
Then you take a few years off to give that BK some seasoning and you do it again.
All while you pocketed millions of dollars from the business that went bankrupt. Wouldn't it make sense that a moral person would have returned those profits to the debt holders to make the sting a little less painful?
I'm a bit torn on this. Debt are generally incurred using a written contract, with lots of fine print and details, and the lender is fully aware that there are bankruptcy laws that may be used to shield some of the borrower's assets.

Thing is with the number 1 global economy... you cant just file for bankruptcy and start over.
Why not? Plenty of other countries have defaulted on their debts and started over. Yes, yes, the USA doing that would trigger a massive, world-wide depression. But we're going to get that no matter what -- it's already baked in. Do you know why?

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to hear about grandma, she should have planned better though. Savings would have allowed her to move her restaurant equipment and start somewhere else. I don't say that to be mean but not spending every penny of income would have helped her avoid that BK.

Subprime loans were made to people that shouldn't have been borrowing in the first place. If they could afford the loan payment when the value was higher than the loan balance then they should have still been able to afford the payment regardless of value. They had to file BK because their home value dropped? I don't see how someones business income is affected by home value. If they lost their job or if their business income was drastically affected by the recession, that's a different story but their home loan has nothing to do with them filing for bankruptcy.

I have the feeling you have filed for BK in the past and I'm sorry I struck a nerve but again, it is my opinion that people should pay their debt... especially someone that wants to run the worlds largest economy.
I agree you should do your best to pay your debt but sometimes people get under with high interest rates.sometimes its the only option thats why they have the laws . I dont think its a question of your morality . Hell cities have gone bankrupt,countries have gone bankrupt . I dont think its a something to be proud of but it happens . Like anything else people abuse the law too . Telling him his grandma should of saved without knowing the whole story is a harsh statement .

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Donald J. Trump is going to win in November. This wretched, ignorant, dangerous part-time clown and full time sociopath is going to be our next president. President Trump. Go ahead and say the words, ‘cause you’ll be saying them for the next four years: “PRESIDENT TRUMP.”
Well, in the end, it seems like we're either going to have Trump or Clinton. I can't possibly bring myself to vote for either one of them. But I know which one I'd prefer to end up as POTUS, and it ain't the one who all the powers-that-be are supporting.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Debt is debt to me. If I borrowed from a friend when I was in need and didn't pay him back then got a fat job and avoided his calls, that's not cool.
If trump promised to pay, took millions out of the company and then told them to fuck off after he ran the company into the ground, that's not cool.

Maybe past presidents have filed for BK before? Possibly but not to the gross level trump has.

Yeah, the central banks racking up sovereign debt is most likely not going to play out well when it needs to unwind.

Thanx for the civil banter

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear ya but unfortunately in the business he is in especially in NY its standard operating procedure .many contractors do it . Dog eat dog ...

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah but let's put this bankruptcy nonsense into perspective. Trump had 514 businesses. 4 of them filed for bankruptcy. When Trump makes a mistake people don't get paid. When Hillary makes a mistake people die. Big difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Telling him his grandma should of saved without knowing the whole story is a harsh statement .

I could be much harsher which is the general theme of this thread... after I typed it I had to delete it because I think it would be salt in a wound.

Again though, not to be mean to grandma, everybody loves a grandma but fact still remains regardless of who owned the restaurant if they saved profits instead of spending or giving it away, her restaurant could have relocated and survived.

And I didn't bring grandma into it, I just replied to the poor grandma post.

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Back to the "Why Not Hillary" part of this discussion:

It is important to keep in mind what the Clinton Foundation mainly does: It does precious little in the way of actual philanthropy ($9 million worth out of $140 million in revenue for 2013) but instead spends almost all of its money on salaries and travel expenses for various Clintons (including Chelsea Clinton, now its vice chairman), Democratic allies, toadies, flunkies, hangers-on, and assorted minions. It is a full-employment sinecure program for friends and family of the Clinton political operation, and very little more.

Full story here: http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...bling-questions-influence-peddling-corruption

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Totally agree not hillary but I can't vote for trump either. As I said pages ago, my vote will be a wasted vote... I won't support either of those two with my vote.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Debt is debt to me. If I borrowed from a friend when I was in need and didn't pay him back then got a fat job and avoided his calls, that's not cool.
Agreed, that's VERY uncool. But that's a PERSONAL debt, and probably didn't have a whole lot of fine print in the contract.

If trump promised to pay, took millions out of the company and then told them to fuck off after he ran the company into the ground, that's not cool.
Did Trump PERSONALLY guarantee that debt? Or was it incurred by a business entity that he had part ownership in? If you own a small business, banks generally demand that the owners provide PERSONAL guarantees, so they can go after those people's personal assets in case of a default. But as businesses get bigger, that's generally not the case, and the lenders know IN ADVANCE that they can't go after the owners' personal assets.

So no, all debts are not created equal.

Maybe past presidents have filed for BK before? Possibly but not to the gross level trump has.
I don't think Trump has ever declared bankruptcy. Sure, a few businesses that he's had some level of ownership in have, but that's not the same thing at all.

Yeah, the central banks racking up sovereign debt is most likely not going to play out well when it needs to unwind.
Correct, it's not. In fact, that's a major shit-storm brewing.

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True, trump hasn't filed chapter 13 but still, debt is debt in my eyes. When you take massive "income" that you decided the corporation should pay you and hide behind a corporate veil, that's not cool either.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to hear about grandma, she should have planned better though. Savings would have allowed her to move her restaurant equipment and start somewhere else. I don't say that to be mean but not spending every penny of income would have helped her avoid that BK.

You don't know what your talking about. I'd like to see you start a business with cash on hand. Were you born with a silver spoon in your ass? Having personal finances is not the same as business finances.That's why you use llc. So if your business has problems your not living in a box. Your personal finances are separate. Damn your dumb. Grandma is dead now, but as per BK laws, she did move and start somewhere else.

Subprime loans were made to people that shouldn't have been borrowing in the first place. If they could afford the loan payment when the value was higher than the loan balance then they should have still been able to afford the payment regardless of value. They had to file BK because their home value dropped? I don't see how someones business income is affected by home value. If they lost their job or if their business income was drastically affected by the recession, that's a different story but their home loan has nothing to do with them filing for bankruptcy.

Again, you're dumb. They could afford the payments until the economy collapsed. Many had lost their jobs. They had to file BK because they could not simply sell their homes because values dropped. They had no job and could not sell for less than they owed. All that is left is BK. Those that were underwater and could make the payments, did. The rest filed.

I have the feeling you have filed for BK in the past and I'm sorry I struck a nerve but again, it is my opinion that people should pay their debt... especially someone that wants to run the worlds largest economy.

I have. As a disabled vet, I could not work. It took twelve years to go through the VA process. I had to file BK. Not at all ashamed of it neither.

I think it's funny that you'd paint every person that has filed for BK as immoral, just so you can try to demonize one person.

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why not? Plenty of other countries have defaulted on their debts and started over. Yes, yes, the USA doing that would trigger a massive, world-wide depression.

The last time the US defaulted on debt was 1972. Not that long ago.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True, trump hasn't filed chapter 13 but still, debt is debt in my eyes. When you take massive "income" that you decided the corporation should pay you and hide behind a corporate veil, that's not cool either.

come on get real....do you seriously think the U.S. is going to get a night job and pay off 19 trillion dollars of debt?........The assholes who borrowed the money KNOW we can't pay it back...

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could be much harsher which is the general theme of this thread... after I typed it I had to delete it because I think it would be salt in a wound.

Again though, not to be mean to grandma, everybody loves a grandma but fact still remains regardless of who owned the restaurant if they saved profits instead of spending or giving it away, her restaurant could have relocated and survived.

Be as harsh as you like. It's not personal. Grandma's business failed because she moved to a new location. A better location. She tried to buy the place but the owners did not want to sell. So, she leased it. It did well there. Was very popular. Then the owners decided to sell. She was financially committed. Could not buy now because she had planned(financed) for the lease. They sold. It left her out and she had to file BK.

Your lack of knowing details, but thinking that you know what your talking about, is funny. It's not salt in any wound. Grandma had very little. An old house she owned for my entire life and an old car. Her life, at home and at work(her kitchen table was always full with business paperwork), was her business. It was what she did for fun. It's all she did. She loved it.

Circumstance got her. She gambled and lost. She filed bankruptcy and moved on.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find your argumnets really weak,especailly as in how they ignore the reality of present day bussiness,what I will say is that Trump has created far more wealth for the common working man and his family than Hilary has selling our uranium mines to Putin.or skimming 90% off the Hati relief efforts.I think you are making a great effort to find disengnious excuses to bug out of the hand we all have been dealt and which none of us is crazy about,but realize bugging out is not an option we can take without dire consequences to our families.

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't know what your talking about. I'd like to see you start a business with cash on hand. Were you born with a silver spoon in your ass? Having personal finances is not the same as business finances.That's why you use llc. So if your business has problems your not living in a box. Your personal finances are separate. Damn your dumb. Grandma is dead now, but as per BK laws, she did move and start somewhere else.

Again, you're dumb. They could afford the payments until the economy collapsed. Many had lost their jobs. They had to file BK because they could not simply sell their homes because values dropped. They had no job and could not sell for less than they owed. All that is left is BK. Those that were underwater and could make the payments, did. The rest filed.

I have. As a disabled vet, I could not work. It took twelve years to go through the VA process. I had to file BK. Not at all ashamed of it neither.

I think it's funny that you'd paint every person that has filed for BK as immoral, just so you can try to demonize one person.

So grandma flaked on a debt to someone and went on to prosper? Do you feel like a bigger man calling someone dumb?

As it turns out filing for BK recently does not absolve you of the debt and that change was because of the shisters that filed for BK because their house was worth less than the principal balance on their loan. Not sure how they could afford the house payment and all of a sudden when the value was lower then their loan balance they could not afford it. But a couple years later they went and bought another home for 30% less due to the recession while leaving a lender holding the bag (and regular joes bought those loans so it wasn't just the mean old banks money). Sure there were some that lost their jobs and shit happens but there was also a lot of dishonest people that took advantage and suck as humans.

Disabled vet doesn't add value to me in this discussion. Thank you for your service but we are talking finance so your debt is your debt.

I think people should pay what they borrow, you think you shouldn't have to. We can disagree on that.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a few hispanic friends in Florida from my Army days(they served with me). They absolutely hate Hitlery over that. They are voting for Trump.
I think it's a sentiment shared by most people who have a shred of human compassion.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Be as harsh as you like. It's not personal. Grandma's business failed because she moved to a new location. A better location. She tried to buy the place but the owners did not want to sell. So, she leased it. It did well there. Was very popular. Then the owners decided to sell. She was financially committed. Could not buy now because she had planned(financed) for the lease. They sold. It left her out and she had to file BK.

Your lack of knowing details, but thinking that you know what your talking about, is funny. It's not salt in any wound. Grandma had very little. An old house she owned for my entire life and an old car. Her life, at home and at work(her kitchen table was always full with business paperwork), was her business. It was what she did for fun. It's all she did. She loved it.

Circumstance got her. She gambled and lost. She filed bankruptcy and moved on.

What, did she take out a loan to cover a 10 year lease and paid it upfront? Then when the property sold the landlord did not refund the remaing amount?

No. How did she take out a loan to cover a lease and get so fucked up the ass? Somethings not right in your account of what happened

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
come on get real....do you seriously think the U.S. is going to get a night job and pay off 19 trillion dollars of debt?........The assholes who borrowed the money KNOW we can't pay it back...

What the hell does the post you quoted have to do with US debt??

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you have to lose by trying something new like Trump? What do you have to lose? You’re living in poverty; your schools are no good; you have no jobs; 58 percent of your youth is unemployed. What the hell do you have to lose?" –Donald Trump, making a pitch to win over African American voters, adding, "At the end of four years, I guarantee you that I will get 95 percent of the African-American vote."
LOL

VAPE ON

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Totally agree not hillary but I can't vote for trump either. As I said pages ago, my vote will be a wasted vote... I won't support either of those two with my vote.

Part of the problem today, and why we have to deal with these candidates. You have to look at it as voting for the least evil and who would do the least damage to the country till you can get someone in the position you can feel good voting for!

You let that bitch in and let her set up the courts even worse than they are it’s going to take forever to fix it…. If we ever can.

Not trying to be a dink but I’m serious when I say this is getting very real. These nut bags are wanting to govern every aspect of your existence because they are the smart ones and you just don’t know what is good for you…. From EPA, FDA local courts, you name any other regulatory of the fed and look how bat shit crazy it’s gotten in the last 20 years.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might lie to you like Hillary does all the time, but I'll never lie to Giacomo, okay?" –Donald Trump, admitting to lying to voters while speaking at a rally in Connecticut, but saying he would not lie to an 18-year-old cancer patient in the audience, Giacomo Brancado (August 13, 2016)
Lol

VAPE ON

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might lie to you like Hillary does all the time, but I'll never lie to Giacomo, okay?" –Donald Trump, admitting to lying to voters while speaking at a rally in Connecticut, but saying he would not lie to an 18-year-old cancer patient in the audience, Giacomo Brancado (August 13, 2016)
Lol

VAPE ON

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"If Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America." –Donald Trump
I like this one! #idiot

VAPE ON

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her." –Donald Trump, when asked how he would react if Ivanka posed for Playboy

"Yeah, she's really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren't happily married and, ya know, her father . . . Wow
This is the guy you bet ur tomorrow?!
Really?! #idiot

VAPE ON

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So grandma flaked on a debt to someone and went on to prosper? Do you feel like a bigger man calling someone dumb?

As it turns out filing for BK recently does not absolve you of the debt and that change was because of the shisters that filed for BK because their house was worth less than the principal balance on their loan. Not sure how they could afford the house payment and all of a sudden when the value was lower then their loan balance they could not afford it. But a couple years later they went and bought another home for 30% due to the recession. Sure there were some that lost their jobs and shit happens but there was also a lot of dishonest people that took advantage and suck as humans.

Disabled vet doesn't add value to me in this discussion. Thank you for your service but we are talking finance so your debt is your debt.

I think people should pay what they borrow, you think you shouldn't have to. We can disagree on that.
I have no idea where you live...but I live in the SF bay area of california, and we took a massive hit during the burst....it's really very simple...when there's a recession people lose their jobs and they can't make the mortage...when you have no paycheck....20 bucks is 20 bucks more than you have..I know a half dozen people who lost their homes....the reality is this isn't the Ozarks....if a family wants to build their wealth instead of giving their money to a landlord,they try and buy a home..it means you have to work like a dog and hope and pray that some little wrinkel in the economy is not going to throw you off a very percarious perch....for a working class family it is that or leave the Bay Area, and move to the Ozarks or Arizona or Nevada....so the people try and buy because they are praying the value will go up,becuase if it goes down they are fucked...they are betting that the prices rise because they always have risen in the Bay Area,but it's that little wrinkle that can cause them to be forced into bankrupcy. the margin of error is very slim.....hell even our tech companies are laying people off still. The aren't bad people they are good people who just took a gamble and lost and declared BK.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuck this guy
He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured." –Donald Trump on John McCain
#idiot

VAPE ON

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"If I were running 'The View,' I'd fire Rosie [O'Donnell]. I mean, I'd look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I'd say, "Rosie, you're fired." –Donald Trump

"I don’t even know some of those statements. I don’t even know what they are. Nobody respects women more than I do." –Donald Trump, when asked in a CNN interview about his degrading remarks about women, March 21, 2016

“I like kids. I mean, I won’t do anything to take care of them. I’ll supply funds, and she’ll take care of the kids." –Donald Trump
I hope you guys think about the FEMALES in your family...
Really!

VAPE ON

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Part of the problem today, and why we have to deal with these candidates. You have to look at it as voting for the least evil and who would do the least damage to the country till you can get someone in the position you can feel good voting for!

You let that bitch in and let her set up the courts even worse than they are it’s going to take forever to fix it…. If we ever can.

Not trying to be a dink but I’m serious when I say this is getting very real. These nut bags are wanting to govern every aspect of your existence because they are the smart ones and you just don’t know what is good for you…. From EPA, FDA local courts, you name any other regulatory of the fed and look how bat shit crazy it’s gotten in the last 20 years.

True and I haven't thrown away a vote since I was 18 till this election.
I just can't do it though.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no idea where you live...but I live in the SF bay area of california, and we took a massive hit during the burst....it's really very simple...when there's a recession people lose their jobs and they can't make the mortage...when you have no paycheck....20 bucks is 20 bucks more than you have..I know a half dozen people who lost their homes....the reality is this isn't the Ozarks....if a family wants to build their wealth instead of giving their money to a landlord,they try and buy a home..it means you have to work like a dog and hope and pray that some little wrinkel in the economy is not going to throw you off a very percarious perch....for a working class family it is that or leave the Bay Area, and move to the Ozarks or Arizona or Nevada....so the people try and buy because they are praying the value will go up,becuase if it goes down they are fucked...they are betting that the prices rise because they always have risen in the Bay Area,but it's that little wrinkle that can cause them to be forced into bankrupcy. the margin of error is very slim.....hell even our tech companies are laying people off still. The aren't bad people they are good people who just took a gamble and lost and declared BK.

Where that started was a post about Subprime loans.

Subprime is for borrowers that have shit credit and have proven again and again that they are not willing to pay back their debt.

So that is not in reference to people that were upstanding and honnored their debt but came on hard times and had to forclose.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Fair enough , i was just pointing out you didnt know the full circumstance. But point taken we are all big boys and girls

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

As it turns out filing for BK recently does not absolve you of the debt and that change was because of the shisters that filed for BK because their house was worth less than the principal balance on their loan. Not sure how they could afford the house payment and all of a sudden when the value was lower then their loan balance they could not afford it. But a couple years later they went and bought another home for 30% due to the recession. Sure there were some that lost their jobs and shit happens but there was also a lot of dishonest people that took advantage and suck as humans.

Rewriting what I say to change it does not make you seem any less dumb. It just makes you dumb and dishonest. I'm not saying you are dumb to call you a name. I'm stating an observation.

What you think is irrelevant. You continue to add or subtract unrelated and mostly false information with your own narrative to fit your argument.

That you stick so completely to a generalization and go so far as to add a false narrative shows that you are dumb and have to add and subtract fictional accounts in order to prove your point.

Grandma didn't flake. She was unable to pay at the time of payment due to circumstance. She never did prosper. She just got by. The BK helped with that. Nothing immoral about it.

You're still the one painting millions of people as immoral just so you can demonize one person. That's what happens when you are dumb. You say something stupid and then you have to keep going with it.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
d2b64a35a6767c4dfed6137d29e4fff9.jpg

VAPE ON

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're talking about me, yeah, ignore me and keep the trump circle jerk going
you know you are being a sort of an asshole....if you're not going to vote and opt out of an attempt at a political solution..then stay out of political discussions..if on the other hand you are offering a non political solution I haven't heard it yet, so please feel free to share it with us.because I'm more than interested in non political solutions....But for the life of me I can't understand why you are still on this thread if you have no dog in the race....kinda like showing up at a circle jerk without a dick.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, you can call me dumb but I do very well in life, love and money.

You think flaking on debt in general is ok, I don't. That's one of the differences between us.

Knowing this I would never lend a cent to you because there's a good chance that you would flake on the debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors