Tobeco Super Tank

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Heh, I meant the super tank mini. China has the ipv d2 pre-order for $40 if you don't mind a wait.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine came in today, but it gurgles! I've checked the coil is tight. Thoughts? Am I not running it with enough watts (40)? I switched to the 0.5 ohm coil - the 0.2 was too hot!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine came in today, but it gurgles! I've checked the coil is tight. Thoughts? Am I not running it with enough watts (40)? I switched to the 0.5 ohm coil - the 0.2 was too hot!
I have so many Tanks There trying to force me back into the Army. Those O rings on most are Ok. Some not. Air in the tank will cause the gurgles. Too much or not enough juice will do it too. Or your trying to pull on it too hard. I have sucked juice into my mouth before. Drippers are made for hitting, Tanks for Vapin', from what I can tell.:cool: I'm life long Cloud Chaser;)

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Tighten the tank more. Mine was letting juice in air after I took it apart to clean when I got it. You really have to crank tank down. Works great now. Only thing I don't like is coil break in is over a tank of juice. I don't think they are using Jap organic cotton.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tighten the tank more. Mine was letting juice in air after I took it apart to clean when I got it. You really have to crank tank down. Works great now. Only thing I don't like is coil break in is over a tank of juice. I don't think they are using Jap organic cotton.
I still use Cellu Cotton. Don't last as long, but it makes for great flavor for me. I sucked cigarette filter crap into my lungs for 43 years. I doubt this will hurt me.

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not worried about if it's safe. It just has a taste to it. As a dripper I know organic cotton on my builds has basicly no after taste while reg cotton balls taste similar to these coils

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am amazed at my powers after not smoking for a year. I can taste different spices in a food. To Me, that's fuckin' Awesome! I bathe my dog every week. I can smell her fur as she sleeps by my feet. I can smell a restaurant from a mile away. I can name the place, & can identify what people are eating. That Sir is Cool. :cool:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That fixed it - thanks! But it's a real bitch to get this tank apart:cool: On the other hand, the top fill is fantastic - this tank might be The One!

Oh, and the anyvape RBA (V2) does work well in it - I have that in there now. But the flavor is actually better with the stock coils, so I need to rebuild this RBA.

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That fixed it - thanks! But it's a real bitch to get this tank apart:cool: On the other hand, the top fill is fantastic - this tank might be The One!

Oh, and the anyvape RBA (V2) does work well in it - I have that in there now. But the flavor is actually better with the stock coils, so I need to rebuild this RBA.
Sweet going to have to grab a rba. Thanks for the info. Glad tightening it worked for you.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's good to see you in the Super Tank club @AmandaD !!! Glad you got your gurgle issue worked out. I love this tank, I hope you do too. PM me when you find a mix that you super love in it? I've only tried one so far, my Strawberry Custard.

Not trying to derail but wondering if anyone has tried Super Tank coils in an Atlantis yet. I tried it yesterday and it flooded the tank's base. I felt like I tightened the coil all the way down but the pyrex didn't quite go all the way down to the bottom of the seal (on the outside when I put the tank together). Should I have taken off the coil's o-ring? Cranked it down harder? Prayed?

I want this to work sooo bad. TIA for any advice!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was using the anyvape RBA that I use in the Atlantis in the Super Tank, but a) it leaked, and b) the flavor was actually better in the stock coils (weird, huh?). I'm amazed that out of all the tanks I have this gives me the best flavor, even with the stock coils. However, you cannot mtl it - I had to quickly turn into a lung hitter (it gurgles and leaks otherwise). So now I can't use my Kayfuns, because the airflow seems too small LOL

Oh, yeah, and I've got HIC's gooey coconut cookies from the gumroad site in this - I'm totally addicted:p

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now that I'm seeing 0.1 Ni coils for this, I think I need to pick one up... the mini looks sweet.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Now that I'm seeing 0.1 Ni coils for this, I think I need to pick one up... the mini looks sweet.
An IPV D2 and another super tank will be my next purchases. Just can't decide between the mini or full size super tank. Plus it's been out for over a month so v2 will probably be out in a week or two. :rolleyes:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guess it depends on how much capacity you need. I work in an office so I dont mind bringing a bottle with me for the day if I am running a tank that's around 3ml. I like a short topper also, always tradeoffs I guess.

V2 lately just seems to mean a ml or two more than v1 :(

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Guess it depends on how much capacity you need. I work in an office so I dont mind bringing a bottle with me for the day if I am running a tank that's around 3ml. I like a short topper also, always tradeoffs I guess.

V2 lately just seems to mean a ml or two more than v1 :(
I started to realize that the super tank's capacity lasts me a good while so I just ordered the mini in black to go with the IPVD2 that I also just ordered. Of course had to snag some ni200 coils to put in it too. :)

Hurry up mailman!

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://i62.tinypic.com/259d4sj.jpg[/IMG

I love my new super tank mini. It will work great on my D2 coming in Monday.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
259d4sj.jpg

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nice looking tank..just a bust for me as i dont care to spend money every month for coils...too bad its not a dual coil rba design.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to drive myself nuts rebuilding coils and rewicking all the time. I spend $15 and a 5 pack of coils last me at least a month and a half. Sold!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I may have missed it but, will kanger subtank coils work with the tobeco?..if so i may give it a shot..i rebuild those coils in like 5 minutes easily.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh well...ill stick to my newly found love for the orchid hybrid variations.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh well...ill stick to my newly found love for the orchid hybrid variations.
You can have my Orchid and all the parts I bought for it for $10 shipped. I wicked it too tight right about the time I got my Super Tank and it's just sat there ever since. They are great but I'm with @Rhyno636. At this point in my life, after starting a 3rd job, the cost of Super Tank coils is far outweighed by the convenience. Also, I can lay my tank on it's side. :p

I love my new super tank mini. It will work great on my D2 coming in Monday.

You lucky dog. All my stuff "shipped" Friday (the D2 from Wake and Vape shipped at 7:45pm) so hopefully Wednesday or Thursday I'll be all good. I'll need pics on Monday or that shit didn't happen! I'm betting the black mini on a D2 will look and perform beautifully. Thanks for the side by side pic btw. My only worry about the mini is that the wick holes go halfway up the tank. In my full size I don't run the juice down very far past the top of the taller wick holes. Am I worrying too much? How far down do you run the mini? I know that with TC that won't be as big of an issue which is why I'm completely convinced that the D2/TST Mini combo will be the ultimate vape setup forever (1-2 months).

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I put the black drip tip on the blue TST. I only use plastic drip tips so I don't smash my teeth, although the stock aluminum drip tip is very nice.

I hear ya on the juice level and the wick holes. All I can say is that I refill more often with the mini, but in a pinch you can certainly run the juice much lower. It's a trade off of pros and cons like everything in vaping.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I hear ya on the juice level and the wick holes. All I can say is that I refill more often with the mini, but in a pinch you can certainly run the juice much lower. It's a trade off of pros and cons like everything in vaping.
Oh absolutely. I don't care if I have to refill 5 times a day this rig is going to be awesome.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just in case it's unclear, the Super Tank mini has a permanent drip tip that can not be swapped out. That's fine by me though!

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just in case it's unclear, the Super Tank mini has a permanent drip tip that can not be swapped out. That's fine by me though!
Yeah I had seen that. Does it have a large bore like the full size TST drip tip?

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looks sweet! How are the Ni coils?

Thanks!

Don't know yet. Slammed at work today. Just barely had time to unpack the mod and tank and snap a pic. Will definitely post an update once I spend a minute vaping on em.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Where did you get the coils?
Kanvape.

Can't make the D2 work yet in Joule mode at all but I'm sure it's just a noob mistake. Will have to look into that when I get home.

I did try the D2 in wattage mode with the big super tank and that little dude hits like a truck.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Why can't I has temp controlz!?!?
Make sure you lock in the resistance first when in joule mode. I had that problem at first too. Once I read the manual I locked it in and off to the races

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Make sure you lock in the resistance first when in joule mode. I had that problem at first too. Once I read the manual I locked it in and off to the races

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone
Thanks for the tip. I did actually read the manual before just screwing around (for once). When I first went to set the resistance it read 0.00. I took the coil out and retightened it then got a reading of 0.21 (on a 0.15 coil). Figured that was close enough but still not getting anything out of it. I had trouble getting the coil into the base so maybe it's just not seated properly? The resistance steadily goes up as I (try to) fire it. That's normal right?

I set the temp at 400ish and 30J. Figured halfway up on both should do something. Obviously have some more research to do. Thanks again for the help!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Thanks for the tip. I did actually read the manual before just screwing around (for once). When I first went to set the resistance it read 0.00. I took the coil out and retightened it then got a reading of 0.21 (on a 0.15 coil). Figured that was close enough but still not getting anything out of it. I had trouble getting the coil into the base so maybe it's just not seated properly? The resistance steadily goes up as I (try to) fire it. That's normal right?

I set the temp at 400ish and 30J. Figured halfway up on both should do something. Obviously have some more research to do. Thanks again for the help!
sorry that didnt work. I missed that part entirely in the manual. i was sure it had to be locked in but during my first read through i missed it. Pretty sure it was the excitement lolol It does sound like a connection issue. I hope you get it figured out my friend.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Correct, the resistance will rise when you fire it. Thats how it calculates a temp is from the starting resistance that you lock in and the rise equates to a temp.

Maybe try another coil and put the aty on the mod, let it sit for a few minutes.
Then lock the resistance in.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks so much for the help guys. I figured it out. The o-ring on the coil was in the wrong spot. Moved it down to below the insulator instead of up at the top of the threads and it started reading. Vaped with TC for the first time today! It sucked. Can't tell if I messed up this coil, just haven't figured out the settings or what but it's no pinche bueno. Tried everything from 250-450 F and 20-40J. It vapes but there's little to no flavor and what flavor there is is bad. Dunno. Gonna try another coil tomorrow hopefully, time permitting.

The D2 however kicks ass.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've noticed on quite a few of the standard coils that the orings are not seated properly. It causes problems from not reading, to leaking tanks. Its an easy fix though. Good luck with the TC tomorrow, I'm still hopeful.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know the coils in my arctic tank take a tank or so to start tasting good, not sure if it's the same deal with tobeco coils or not.

Think of the joules as speed to get up to temp and think of the temp as just that, the ceiling that it will run up to. So higher joules for a coil that gets to temp quick, or more like traditional watts creeping up to temp through the pull, lower joules.

Single coil rda I run about 35-40 joules ~400°, dual coil rda and arctic tank I run 40-45 joules ~430°.

It's just something you have to play around with to figure out how you like it. But temp control shouldn't make anything taste like shit, if it tastes like shit, it would in power or joules mode.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, if you set that coil at 0.2 because it was messing up and fired the 0.15 coil that could have scorched it.
Kind of like running watt mode at 70w with a 0.2 coil and swapping in a 0.5 coil without changing watts down to 40. You would have a super hot vape and possibly a scorched wick.

junhaoisme

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How should the o ring sit in the coil? Can take a pic? And my liquid is always leaking frm the airhole

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've noticed on quite a few of the standard coils that the orings are not seated properly. It causes problems from not reading, to leaking tanks. Its an easy fix though. Good luck with the TC tomorrow, I'm still hopeful.
Thanks! I bet fq06 is right. I probably scorched the wick when I was trying to lock it in w a coil that wasn't seated and reading too high. That sucks but you bet your ass I won't do it a second time.
Also, if you set that coil at 0.2 because it was messing up and fired the 0.15 coil that could have scorched it.
Kind of like running watt mode at 70w with a 0.2 coil and swapping in a 0.5 coil without changing watts down to 40. You would have a super hot vape and possibly a scorched wick.
Thank you for the clarification and help fq! I'll wash her out and try a fresh coil and refill with a mix I know very well. I'll also wait to pass judgement until after a tank or more. I bet it'll be awesome once I do it right.

Thanks again everyone.

VU Sponsors