Become a Patron!

Vapor Shark DNA 133

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sorta got that, does the code stand for LowDown?
My prayers have been answered, Steve got a VF, now he can set it all up and let us know how it's done :stars2::vino:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Steve, I was just about to PM you about the Vapor Shark discount, I just ordered another VF DNA133. I was going to get another VF Classic from Vapor Beast but when I put the 2 next to each other, it was much easier to decide. The Shark won.
You know I've always wanted a VF but never got around to getting one. For me the choice was easy. I'll tell you a little secret if you promise not to tell anyone ----> I really like the DNA200 chip. :teehee::giggle:

Seriously, I can't in my mind compare a Joyetech chip and their construction to a DNA200 chip and VapoFlask construction. If I was finally going to get one, I was going for the real deal.

PS No offense meant to anyone that likes Joyetech or has the VF Classic. It's just my personal opinion.

Cheers,
Steve

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No offense taken, I have 2 Classics. One from Avail, the other from Vapor Beast. The one from Avail is the typical Chinese shiny black, the one from Vapor Beast is better. I took apart the shiny (shitty ) black one, eventually I'll try to fit a FSK chip in it. I was shocked to see how crappy thin are the wires used.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I sorta got that, does the code stand for LowDown?
My prayers have been answered, Steve got a VF, now he can set it all up and let us know how it's done :stars2::vino:

LOVE A NEW MEMBER OF TEAM FLASK

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a member in good standing, I started with the DNA40, now I bought a second DNA133. One will stay in the box, the other will be used only holidays and the Classic will be the one to drag around and not really care if I drop. I already ordered a Dotmods rta (gold) for the VF DNA.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ive been a DNA user since the 30; but, these are my first flasks

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Damn it with the 20% off coupon code I couldn't resist ordering the flask 133. I knew I would eventually buy something thus weekend no matter how hard I tried to resist.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One more thing to mention, the Classic is heavier than the VF DNA133
Well, two more, the buttons on the DNA133 are much more comfortable, not as obtrusive as the Classic.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I took "beloved" Alleria off the G2 and put it on the VF DNA133. I had to bump temp from 400 to 450 deg.F and wattage from 52 to 58 watts. I am getting the dreaded "TEMPERATURE PROTECTED" message after the second pull. Other stats: SS fused claptons, 3mmID at 0.15 ohms. I'm using factory settings. Am I doing something wrong?

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes. You are not using the FSK chip set ... screw Evolv. I am now in love with the FSK and my second choice is still Yihi.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Shouldn't be. The mod comes completely setup out the box... the only thing I do is put in Steve's 316 profile.
I don't have any of augvapes products so can't speak to it or any thing there.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@PaulS, I already have 3 G2s and a Slice, the FSK chip has got to be one over the best available. I love the flask format vs the box and that's why I own 2 VF DNA133s.
@f1r3b1rd, maybe using Steve's 316 profile did make the difference. Right now, with factory settings, I can feel when it throttles down and ramps up during a pull.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@PaulS, I already have 3 G2s and a Slice, the FSK chip has got to be one over the best available. I love the flask format vs the box and that's why I own 2 VF DNA133s.
@f1r3b1rd, maybe using Steve's 316 profile did make the difference. Right now, with factory settings, I can feel when it throttles down and ramps up during a pull.
Perhaps.
I couldn't tell you, as soon as a DNA mod comes in, the firs thing I do is upload my profiles and set them for the batteries

ive become set in my ways. Same builds same attys for everything

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@f1r3b1rd, after almost 2 years vaping (away from a 2 pack/day ) I'm still searching for the perfect setup. I narrowed it down some, but the new toys (attys and mods) keep me entranced.

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Shouldn't be. The mod comes completely setup out the box... the only thing I do is put in Steve's 316 profile.
I don't have any of augvapes products so can't speak to it or any thing there.
Can't be completely setup, they have no idea what batteries you will put in it. Sometimes you can dial the temp protected message out by just reducing the preheat wattage.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@f1r3b1rd, after almost 2 years vaping (away from a 2 pack/day ) I'm still searching for the perfect setup. I narrowed it down some, but the new toys (attys and mods) keep me entranced.

I went through that for most of of the time since I've been vaping.
I finally got to a point that Ive settled with what I like and rotate them around.
Kind of nice that I don't have to fiddle much don't get me wrong I still like trying new shit .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I couldn't resist and I bought a flask. Woohoo.
I didn't even see the non flask 133 on VS website.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I took "beloved" Alleria off the G2 and put it on the VF DNA133. I had to bump temp from 400 to 450 deg.F and wattage from 52 to 58 watts. I am getting the dreaded "TEMPERATURE PROTECTED" message after the second pull. Other stats: SS fused claptons, 3mmID at 0.15 ohms. I'm using factory settings. Am I doing something wrong?
I have a couple of suggestions you may have already tried so don't take offense:
1. Make sure the post screws are tight.
2. If I'm ever having TC issues, I clean the 510 connection on the mod and atty with a Q-Tip dipped in Rubbing Alcohol (not dripping wet - it never hurts to make sure they are clean). I also make sure the spring loaded pin is moving up and down freely.
3. I make sure the atty is at room Temperature before screwing it on the mod. I usually hit the fire button first but that really isn't necessary - just habit. If the coils are not room temperature, the mod will lock in too high of resistance. That would make it fire hot though.
4. I use the SS316 curve I downloaded from Steam-Engine.org.

I just got done from about 4 hours of mowing the lawn so that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I thought of one other thing though. What is the mods resistance set too? It should be right since VS configures the mod. Have you ever used it before for SS316TC? If so did it work good?

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's a big ass lawn

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a big ass lawn
It's 2.5 acres. It's been raining a lot here lately so it was thick and moist/wet (think marsh like). Took way longer than usual. I had to practically crawl or the mower was bogging down. The joys of living in the Great Lakes State.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's 2.5 acres. It's been raining a lot here lately so it was thick and moist/wet (think marsh like). Took way longer than usual. I had to practically crawl or the mower was bogging down. The joys of living in the Great Lakes State.

Cheers,
Steve
Don't scare me, until after I've moved.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't scare me, until after I've moved.
On the plus side, I saw 2 Deer in the backyard the last two nights. It's been a strange summer here. It's been hot and dry for the most part (but we still had high humidity, it wouldn't be Michigan without that lol). It finally started raining the last 2 weeks or so. Before that it was like AZ with humidity - gotta love it :facepalm:. You scared yet :teehee::giggle::devil:

PS Did I mention to be sure and have a good snow shovel for the winter :D

Cheers,
Steve

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
On the plus side, I saw 2 Deer in the backyard the last two nights. It's been a strange summer here. It's been hot and dry for the most part (but we still had high humidity, it wouldn't be Michigan without that lol). It finally started raining the last 2 weeks or so. Before that it was like AZ with humidity - gotta love it :facepalm:. You scared yet :teehee::giggle::devil:

Cheers,
Steve

Or snow blower. Or better yet both. You'll need it when you get here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Cheers,
Steve
More like I'm gonna need this

Yes I'm a little nervous. coming from sunny subtropical new Orleans to the arctic tundra.
I lived inTucson for a few years but I've never been north of the Mason Dixon line

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd say the guy in the wheelchair should've thought about putting an electric motor on that contraption.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the suggestions Steve, I did do all the things you mentioned except the Steam Engine 316 curve file. The only other time I used the VF was in power mode, about 5 min. I guess I need to start playing with Escribe but time is at a premium.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'd say the guy in the wheelchair should've thought about putting an electric motor on that contraption.
Haha!!!! That's an all terrain manual chair. probably a fraction of the cost, in comparison to motorized all terrain chairs. it would be fun in a trakchair though,

To bad insurance wont cover these

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I loaded the VT 133 files one my VF133 but now I can not change profiles, it keeps showing SS 317 after I chose DNA200_316L. WHAT am I doing wrong?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went and loaded each profile separately btw. It vapes OK but not what I had hoped for.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I loaded the VT 133 files one my VF133 but now I can not change profiles, it keeps showing SS 317 after I chose DNA200_316L. WHAT am I doing wrong?
OK, let me try to help. You can only have 8 wires in the material tab. If you already have 8 you can't add more. What I did was go into Escribe and selected Ni200 for all my profiles (If a wire is being used in a profile you can't remove it from the material tab) I clicked on profile 1 then selected Ni200, then 2, etc.here in the general tab.
upload_2016-9-5_19-59-7.png

Then I went into the material tab and removed everything but Ni200 and watts in this box
upload_2016-9-5_20-1-2.png

I then loaded all my material curves and loaded my profiles. This is what I do when I starting from scratch to get it exactly how I like it. If you want, shoot me your Email addy in a PM and I'll send you my curves and profiles (with custom screens). I should get mine by the end of the week if you want to hold off. I'll set mine up the way I set all my DNA's up and I could shoot you the Ecig file - no muss no fuss. Or you can try and add what you want with the instructions above. One thing after making changes, don't forget to click on Upload Settings to Device at the top of Escribe. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask here or by PM.

Cheers,
Steve
I

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mr. Steve, you are the gold standard for ultimate cool. I thank you in advance, I will try to dabble with escribe for a while and see where I get, then wait for you to set up yours:vino: The several glasses of mead I had should make the set-up much more interesting.
I could definitely wait and go thru the escribe tutorial in the mean time. For now tho, I'll just have another glass of orange mead.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I bought my VF from Vaporshark on Sunday and it hasn't shipped yet. I'm not impressed so far.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
they were closed yesterday for the holiday

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm aware of the postal schedule. I know many companies that would have shipped out this morning. I'm not concerned at all, just not impressed.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well, I guess the proper response should have been that i hope they live up to your expectations in the future.
LOL. A company has a big sale over a Holiday Weekend. They come in this morning to a slew of orders. They would need to package and label all the orders. The PO probably picks up the packages from them at the end of the business day. They then have to get them to a PO to have them scanned. If mine actually gets to the PO today after a big Holiday sale, I'll be impressed. If it doesn't get there until tomorrow, I'll understand considering the circumstance.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
LOL. A company has a big sale over a Holiday Weekend. They come in this morning to a slew of orders. They would need to package and label all the orders. The PO probably picks up the packages from them at the end of the business day. They then have to get them to a PO to have them scanned. If mine actually gets to the PO today after a big Holiday sale, I'll be impressed. If it doesn't get there until tomorrow, I'll understand considering the circumstance.

Cheers,
Steve
i ordered a radius Thursday and figured it would ship Wednesday. different company; but. still the same scenario.
as of right now, it still hasn't shipped.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered from Fuggin Vapor after I ordered from VS. Fuggin Vapor sent me a "shipped" email this morning. I don't feel that my expectations aren't realistic. I will praise these guys forever if they earn it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
never heard of fuggin vapor"
not that it has anything to do with it, and nothing anyone says here will change your mind.

I'm sorry that you're not happy with them though; as it is your perogitive. i still cant help but think that perhaps.... just perhaps, a lot of people took advantage of the sale and maybe they needed more than a few hours to catch up. it is possible.

either way, best of luck with it :cheers:

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I placed 2 orders with VS this past weekend. I ordered a flask 133 on Sunday and a Hexohm v3 on Monday. I received the email that the flask is shipped but no word on the Hexohm yet. I'm betting they have a lot of order's to get out. Hoping for a shipped email on the Hexohm tomorrow. VS is an awesome company and I have no doubt they are doing the best they can.

VU Sponsors