Become a Patron!

Vapor Shark DNA 133

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Man you're in for a treat with the hex v 3. What color did you get?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I got the white one. It was a hard decision between the white and black but went with the white. Vaporshark sells them for 189.99 and with there 20% off sale it came out to 152.99. Couldn't pass up that price. I spent over $450 this weekend. When I was telling myself I wasn't going to buy anything..lol. yeah I'm really looking forward to getting it. Heard nothing but good things about it. I got the email today that it's shipped.:shades:

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got the white one. It was a hard decision between the white and black but went with the white. Vaporshark sells them for 189.99 and with there 20% off sale it came out to 152.99. Couldn't pass up that price. I spent over $450 this weekend. When I was telling myself I wasn't going to buy anything..lol. yeah I'm really looking forward to getting it. Heard nothing but good things about it. I got the email today that it's shipped.:shades:

Nice. I have the black and think it needs a brother and sister lol. You've prolly seen my pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wouldn't be impressed either, I mean after a busy holiday weekend it took them 3 days to get the mod shipped out.
I would have canceled the order, and berated the company publically.

jackmormon

Member For 4 Years
Kind of funny reading about the shipping. I remember a year ago when I ordered a VS DNA200 during their Labor Day sale. Took 3 weeks to ship. A year before that I purchased a DNA40 during a Black Friday sale. That took 6 weeks to ship.

Totally worth the wait in both cases.

I ordered a Flask 133 on Monday and it shipped shipped yesterday (Wednesday.) I look at it as a nice surprise as I expected a bit of a wait.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guys, I'm just staying facts of my order. I'm not berating them. If someone takes my factual account of this order's progress negatively, then it's their own fault. Sorry, I'm just used to dealing with peers within their industry that are more aggressive to say the least.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Kind of funny reading about the shipping. I remember a year ago when I ordered a VS DNA200 during their Labor Day sale. Took 3 weeks to ship. A year before that I purchased a DNA40 during a Black Friday sale. That took 6 weeks to ship.

Totally worth the wait in both cases.

I ordered a Flask 133 on Monday and it shipped shipped yesterday (Wednesday.) I look at it as a nice surprise as I expected a bit of a wait.
oh I remember those .. that dna40 preorder was god damn greak tragedy. The dna200 release was hilarious. on Saturday of the sale they had people lighting them up on facebook. all I could think was, what the hell, its a Saturday, on a holiday weekend, heaven forbid the crew in the warehouse want to spend some family time on national barbq day.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Guys, I'm just staying facts of my order. I'm not berating them. If someone takes my factual account of this order's progress negatively, then it's their own fault. Sorry, I'm just used to dealing with peers within their industry that are more aggressive to say the least.
we know... and we have dealt with the same. everyone in this thread has been vaping for probably as long as you have. I'm also looking at the companies you've named, and in three years ive never heard of "fuggin vapor"
I'm also trying to think of order to staff ratio. youre free to do what you want and complain or what not; as are we.

the whole thing makes me glad I'm not a chef anymore though.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't see what all the fuss is about. I ordered mine at 10PM on Saturday night. It was shipped on Tuesday (first business day it could be shipped). It was supposed to be here today but USPS dropped the ball. Not VS's fault, once they ship it (which they did in a timely manner) it's up to USPS after that. Hopefully it comes tomorrow, if not then Saturday. If I look hard, I might be able to find something to use until it arrives :teehee:.

upload_2016-9-8_20-49-26.png

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
http://vaporjoe.blogspot.com/2016/09/24-hours-fuggin-vapor-15-great-deals.html?m=1

Not the best, but well worth the money. I've been buying from them for 2 months now and all 12 flavors I've tried have been vapeable. Some are very good.
I was just making the comparison for you. you are comparing a small juice vendor, that by your own words is "not the best" with probably as many employees handeling the shipping as a mod company with a well regarded profuct line, that sells internationally.

besides that if it is unacceptable, at any time you could have made call and gotten your money back, zero questions asked.

again, I'm glad I'm not a chef anymore.

Chris Peltz

Member For 4 Years
we know... and we have dealt with the same. everyone in this thread has been vaping for probably as long as you have. I'm also looking at the companies you've named, and in three years ive never heard of "fuggin vapor"
I'm also trying to think of order to staff ratio. youre free to do what you want and complain or what not; as are we.

the whole thing makes me glad I'm not a chef anymore though.

@Rhyno636 - I think @Wingsfan0310 made the comment because what you posted wasn't 100% factual, i.e. the "Still not impressed" is your viewpoint based on a fact that they didn't include the shipping number. But honestly, who cares? Once you get the device, you will love it (or you won't!). Vaporsharks customer service and "efficiency" has always been in question, but as someone who owns about four of their devices, I am willing to deal with some delays that might come up, or some customer service issues. But that's just me, and I would only say this when dealing with truly superior products as once I get them, I don't really need to worry about their customer service. But not everyone has had that same experience.

As for Fuggin Vapor - I haven't purchased juices from there but have bought mods like one of my Herakles Plus. They offer great prices and ship fast, so I definitely would recommend them. And @f1r3b1rd - whether you have vaped for years or months, we all know that online vaping companies pop up weekly if not daily. Many are bad, but a few like Fuggin are worth ordering from. Just my 2 cents.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Rhyno636 - I think @Wingsfan0310 made the comment because what you posted wasn't 100% factual, i.e. the "Still not impressed" is your viewpoint based on a fact that they didn't include the shipping number. But honestly, who cares? Once you get the device, you will love it (or you won't!). Vaporsharks customer service and "efficiency" has always been in question, but as someone who owns about four of their devices, I am willing to deal with some delays that might come up, or some customer service issues. But that's just me, and I would only say this when dealing with truly superior products as once I get them, I don't really need to worry about their customer service. But not everyone has had that same experience.

As for Fuggin Vapor - I haven't purchased juices from there but have bought mods like one of my Herakles Plus. They offer you great prices and ship fast, so I definitely would recommend them. And @f1r3b1rd - whether you have vaped for years or months, we all know that online vaping companies pop up weekly if not daily. Many are bad, but a few like Fuggin are worth ordering from. Just my 2 cents.

You completely missed the point I was making

I am well aware of the overnight sensation that is the internet world of vaping.
I have also been a vs customer since the dna30 release.
they have only a hhandful of people people filling and shipping internet orders. based on what I have seen o f the fuggin vapor people they probably have a few less but stil--. I was making the point that one company using 2-3 people to fill a few dozen to maybe 100 orders from a weekend versus another company filling a few hundred but expecting the same result from both is rather unrealistic.

as to the VS customer service ... they has a manager come in after the dna40 debacle who really straightened out. he has since left but so far it is my understanding that cs is still superb despite his departure. let alone. CS may be different for on versus another. I know everyone raves about provape s CS, yet I have never had a good experience with them. - probably my attitude when I talk to them.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My point is: I ordered on a Holiday weekend and they shipped it the first day the Post Office was open (not replying to you @f1r3b1rd we are in agreement), what more can you ask of a company. Were they supposed to ship it when the PO was closed?

As to what time, it doesn't matter. I had to ship two packages to members here on Tuesday. I went right when the PO opened (only time I could get there). Guess what, it wouldn't have mattered if I went at 9AM or 5:30PM. It leaves the PO at the end of their business day. This is just ridiculous imo.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My point is: I ordered on a Holiday weekend and they shipped it the first day the Post Office was open (not replying to you @f1r3b1rd we are in agreement), what more can you ask of a company. Were they supposed to ship it when the PO was closed?

As to what time, it doesn't matter. I had to ship two packages to members here on Tuesday. I went right when the PO opened (only time I could get there). Guess what, it wouldn't have mattered if I went at 9AM or 5:30PM. It leaves the PO at the end of their business day. This is just ridiculous imo.

roger that... and like I was saying with prorape... same thing exactly. it shipped out yesterday, and I ordered it on Friday.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're right Wings, it is ridiculous. I also expected a more prompt shipment from a premium vendor.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm out for the night fellas.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
tumblr_mjv66et7Fv1r0ptf1o1_500.gif

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nice. I have the black and think it needs a brother and sister lol. You've prolly seen my pics.

Yeah hopefully I like it as much as everyone has hyped it up. I have a feeking I will. I have seen all your pics you've been posting. One of the reasons I ordered mine. VS shipped it out wensday.

I ordered my dna133 flask on Sunday and received it yesterday. I got mine pretty quick. Only 2 business days. But my hexohm I ordered Monday just shipped out wensday. They definitely got swamped with orders this weekend.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just walked in and had a nice surprise waiting for me. The packaging is really quite nice. A black bubble wrap mailer with a round hard plastic case. Definitely different than anything I've seen on a mod. Here's a not so great quick picture I took: :cheers:

IMG_20160909_175641.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just walked in and had a nice surprise waiting for me. The packaging is really quite nice. A black bubble wrap mailer with a round hard plastic case. Definitely different than anything I've seen on a mod. Here's a not so great quick picture I took: :cheers:

View attachment 61119

Woohoo congrats!!! I hope you felt impressed when you saw it.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
One thing I noticed on the vs vapor flask dna133 is the down button is on the right and up bottom is on the left. It's backwards from all my other mods.. something I gotta get use to.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was and I still am. Like I said I just got home, I haven't fired it up yet but the first words out of my mouth when I opened the package was this is really nice. It's pretty small as well. Very good first impression! :slowclap:

Cheers,
Steve

Certainly a top notch job! as a long running vs customer, this is the best mod they have put out yet.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thing I noticed on the vs vapor flask dna133 is the down button is on the right and up bottom is on the left. It's backwards from all my other mods.. something I gotta get use to.
I already changed mine. I noticed that right away. Go into the Mod Tab in Escribe (with the mod hooked up) and in the Mechanical section select "Swapped". Don't forget to click on "Upload Settings to Device" when you are done to save the change.
upload_2016-9-9_20-47-27.png

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, I have a question. I noticed the Mod Resistance is set at .02 ohms. Most of my other DNA's are .003-.007. Is that right (.02)? Seems a little high. Has anyone tested it with a Copper plug?

Cheers,
Steve

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I already changed mine. I noticed that right away. Go into the mod tab in Escribe (with the mod hooked up) and in the Mechanical section select "Swapped". Don't forget to click on "Upload Settings to Device" when you are done to save the change.
View attachment 61139
Thanks, that was gonna be my next question. I'm gonna get right on that.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OK, I have a question. I noticed the Mod Resistance is set at .02 ohms. Most of my other DNA's are .003-.007. Is that right (.02)? Seems a little high. Has anyone tested it with a Copper plug?

Cheers,
Steve
I haven't but being that its an aluminum box, I figured it was Ok

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still messing around with it in Escribe. I'm going too get around setting it up like I have the VT133 set up this weekend (with the different wire types and curves, custom theme and screens, etc). When I'm done, I'll post the Ecig file if anyone is interested (probably where I have the other ones posted). I like it a lot so far but I'm sort of particular when it comes to setting up my DNA's (I'm sure that will come as a big surprise to everyone :giggle:). :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Edit: Before I made any changes I saved the Ecig file and labeled it VF Factory Settings. I'm not telling anyone what to do, but I always do that when I get a new mod. That way I can always go back if something doesn't work out the way I planned.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm still messing around with it in Escribe. I'm going too get around setting it up like I have the VT133 set up this weekend (with the different wire types and curves, custom theme and screens, etc). When I'm done, I'll post the Ecig file if anyone is interested (probably where I have the other ones posted). I like it a lot so far but I'm sort of particular when it comes to setting up my DNA's (I'm sure that will come as a big surprise to everyone :giggle:). :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve
not really,. I'm the same way about my flasks.
- nothing but single malt!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a couple of more pictures with the Aromamizer Supreme Lite on it. It's a 23mm RDTA and a few people, including me were wondering how it would look. I'll stop bombing this thread now with posts. :D

Without Flash
IMG_20160909_210757.jpg
With Flash. A better angle to show it looks pretty good with the Lite
IMG_20160909_210834.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a wild guess, Steve likes the flask...
If you're wondering, the VF Classic is not as nice, heavier but the one I bought from VaporBeast does try to approximate the Sharks finish, they sorta, almost got it too:confused:
It makes for a nice beater mod, the dna133s are being pampered.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried the Lite that I just rebuilt on a few of my other DNA's plugged into Escribe. I noticed with the VS's mod resistance set to .02 I was getting about a hundredth of an ohm lower reading on the VF vs my other DNA's (.29 vs .30 cold ohms - after sitting for awhile with refinement).

I'm lowering my VF's mod resistance to .1 ohms because I noticed the SS430 was limiting out a little too quick. It's just an experiment. I wish I had a copper plug. I have a 510 to ego adapter around here somewhere that I need to fill with solder to test and see for sure. Either that or just order the Copper plug.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I tried the Lite that I just rebuilt on a few of my other DNA's plugged into Escribe. I noticed with the VS's mod resistance set to .02 I was getting about a hundredth of an ohm lower reading on the VF vs my other DNA's (.29 vs .30 cold ohms - after sitting for awhile with refinement).

I'm lowering my VF's mod resistance to .1 ohms because I noticed the SS430 was limiting out a little too quick. It's just an experiment. I wish I had a copper plug. I have a 510 to ego adapter around here somewhere that I need to fill with solder to test and see for sure. Either that or just order the Copper plug.

Cheers,
Steve
my vote is we take up a collection for a copper plug for steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Duuuhhhh.....what''s a copper plug? I know the copper plugs used in plumbing, but in vaping??
This is what I'm talking about. It's a Copper plug you screw into your DNA 510 connector. You go into Escribe and set your mod resistance at 0 (and upload settings to device). You then click on the Atomizer Analyzer to see what resistance you have. That's the mods internal resistance.
http://smokefreemods.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/6619269

PS The copper plug shorts the 510 so all that's left is the mods internal resistance.

Cheers,
Steve

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I'm not mistaken, the 510s are 7.5x0.5 mm threads, in which case it should be pretty easy to make a plug, copper or any other metal.... if I could find my tap and die sets.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I'm not mistaken, the 510s are 7.5x0.5 mm threads, in which case it should be pretty easy to make a plug, copper or any other metal.... if I could find my tap and die sets.
I'd be interested in one. It would be helpful since I post the Ecig files. If you decide to make them, please let me know (via PM).

Cheers,
Steve

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll start looking for the set but honestly, it's a crap shoot after we moved. I will try but they will not look as nice as the one you linked too.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, I'm not even gonna attempt looking for the die, the jewelry tools are????, your guess is as good as mine. I just ordered a die on fleebay, shoud have it by next Saturday.....when I'm out of town. I will make the plug as soon as I can Steve, just make believe you ordered it from FT:(.

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is what I'm talking about. It's a Copper plug you screw into your DNA 510 connector. You go into Escribe and set your mod resistance at 0 (and upload settings to device). You then click on the Atomizer Analyzer to see what resistance you have. That's the mods internal resistance.
http://smokefreemods.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/6619269

PS The copper plug shorts the 510 so all that's left is the mods internal resistance.

Cheers,
Steve

Maybe a dumb question, but if it shorts the 510 could a deck that reads as a short be used for the test?

VU Sponsors