Become a Patron!

Vaporflask Stout

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey everyone,

I cant wait till my stout is here so I was wondering if anyone here has one already and may share his first impressions with it? I ordered the silver version but it takes one more week till it arrives in germany I think.
Hows the battery life going and which batteries are you using?

stout-1_grande.jpg

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have one but have been mulling it over. The silver is what I would get too, looks real slick.

Can't wait to hear how people like these.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't have one, but I'm interested in it. Let us know what you think once you get your hands on it.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
it's the Wismec Reuleaux's little brother :D

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ill write a small review once I have it, its really weird that there are no reviews out yet since the new vaporflask line is out there for a while now.
I read somewhere it is a zinc-alloy and no real
solid steel, I just hope the battery life is good with the efest 4200. A guy on another forum said he was vaping it for 2 days straight using one of these ominous brillipower 26650s...

Jim-

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey everyone,

I cant wait till my stout is here so I was wondering if anyone here has one already and may share his first impressions with it? I ordered the silver version but it takes one more week till it arrives in germany I think.
Hows the battery life going and which batteries are you using?

stout-1_grande.jpg
I wrote this for another forum but i'll be happy to share it here...

As promised, a brief review. Nicely boxed complete with printed owner’s manual and a decent quality micro USB cable. My first impression holding the device? Solid with great ergonomics. Appears well constructed with a fire button that provides good feedback and an easy to read (long as you don’t need glasses) display. The power up and down buttons had good tactile feedback as well but could have been better fit as they did not sit quite as snug in their respective slots as the fire button did. Tested the 18650 adapter and it worked flawlessly (good thing too – see below). The black finish work is excellent though it does feel a bit slippery to me. No chips, scratches, or dents were noted. I would have preferred a stainless finish but black was all they were offering at the time of my order. A walk through of the various TC modes worked as advertised. Time will tell regarding the finish durability and the devices ability to take some punishment. Oh, the battery bay, I really liked it. A lot. Since I bought this as a work rig I will be doing just that, beating the fecal matter out of it. I do, however, want to offer one VERY important piece of advice. The 26650 battery. Do NOT buy this on the cheap! The Efest 4200 mah/40 amp (yea right) I had purchased for this device had been wrapped and re-wrapped so many times I could not close the battery gate on it. As a result, I threw it in the garbage because I refused to try and force the door closed on it. In summary, great little 100w device out of the box and Efest batteries will never see another penny from me.

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The 26650 battery. Do NOT buy this on the cheap! The Efest 4200 mah/40 amp (yea right) I had purchased for this device had been wrapped and re-wrapped so many times I could not close the battery gate on it. As a result, I threw it in the garbage because I refused to try and force the door closed on it. In summary, great little 100w device out of the box and Efest batteries will never see another penny from me.
Was that a green or a purple one? I already bought 2 of the purples because I read surprisingly good reviews... not cheap either :/

Jim-

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Purple. But I seriously doubt they were authentic. Was just angry when I wrote it. . I'm sure yours will be fine unless you get some from my batch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like the fact it's a 26650. I'll wait to see some more reviews before getting one.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's cool looking.....

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Watching this as well. Really interested in how long the 26650 lasts vaping all day.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, 4200-4500 Mah will last a while. My Evic VT with the LiPO last me all day at 50 watts....

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only negative I see is a 26650 has a touch more than double the volume/weight of an 18650, but the battery recommended in the video is 3500mah. Normal 18650 are say 2500mah (LG's and Samsung 30Q now as high as 3000mah for a 20amp 18650). What I'm getting at is for a bit more than 100% increase in volume/weight of the battery, you are only going to see 40% increase in mah vs a 2500mah 18650 (only 17% more in the case of a 3000mah 18650). That tells me there are better options for 18650's than 26650's. I'm guessing it's because there is more demand for 18650's so more/better options are available. Other than that I like the look and idea of the Stout.

The MXJO 26650 is rated at 35amps constant current vs 20 amps for the 18650 batteries. The main advantage I see is actually being able to run it at 100 watts compared to 75 (at best) for an 18650. However you will only see a 17-40% increase in run-time (depending on if you use 2500 or 3000mah 18650's) if like me you use TC and are in the 25-50 watt range. Now for me if there is such a beast as a 5000-6000mah 26650 rated at 20amps, I would see a 100% increase in run-time (provided it's not to tall to fit in the mod ;)).

Cheers,
Steve

PS My brain hurts after typing that :D

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The only negative I see is a 26650 has a touch more than double the volume/weight of an 18650, but the battery recommended in the video is 3500mah. Normal 18650 are say 2500mah (LG's and Samsung 30Q now as high as 3000mah for a 20amp 18650). What I'm getting at is for a bit more than 100% increase in volume/weight of the battery, you are only going to see 40% increase in mah vs a 2500mah 18650 (only 17% more in the case of a 3000mah 18650). That tells me there are better options for 18650's than 26650's. I'm guessing it's because there is more demand for 18650's so more/better options are available. Other than that I like the look and idea of the Stout.

The MXJO 26650 is rated at 35amps constant current vs 20 amps for the 18650 batteries. The main advantage I see is actually being able to run it at 100 watts compared to 75 (at best) for an 18650. However you will only see a 17-40% increase in run-time (depending on if you use 2500 or 3000mah 18650's) if like me you use TC and are in the 25-50 watt range. Now for me if there is such a beast as a 5000-6000mah 26650 rated at 20amps, I would see a 100% increase in run-time (provided it's not to tall to fit in the mod ;)).

Cheers,
Steve

PS My brain hurts after typing that :D
on that same token though, I would run the 0.4 triton coil in a silo beast as my travel atty at 40-43w, a 3500mah 26650, would be the differemce between swapping vtc5 18650's and running all day on one battery.
that little bit has its advantage. not to mention, beig able to alternate between 18650 and 26650 is different and quite appealing.

not kate upton appealing, but, more like Kaley Cuoco appealing-before the haircut

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow the one I looked at, at the vape store looked so small I would not of thought it could take a 26650 (amazing).

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Purple. But I seriously doubt they were authentic. Was just angry when I wrote it. . I'm sure yours will be fine unless you get some from my batch...

Well mine have a silver authenticity sticker and stuff like that on them and I payd 25€ for 2 of them from a trusted shop, I really hope they are alright now. How much was yours?

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If it's an efest, check the real ratings.

Reactions: Jah

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The real ratings should be around 30 amps, I will not use more than 50 watts so thats fine for me, but the size issue really bothers me now, isnt the positive battery pin spring loaded on the stout? Mike has to push his 26650 down to close the lid aswell. I just hate when things like batteries which "should" be all the same size, turn out to be different :S

edit: I just measured mine and they are 65-66mm

Last edited:

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow the one I looked at, at the vape store looked so small I would not of thought it could take a 26650 (amazing).
Yeah it's very small.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Looks interesting. I like the form factor. Bit disappointed that double the battery volume gets you less than a 50% gain in energy reserve. Did I read somewhere the Stout uses Joyetech's firmware?

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looks interesting. I like the form factor. Bit disappointed that double the battery volume gets you less than a 50% gain in energy reserve. Did I read somewhere the Stout uses Joyetech's firmware?
Its the same as in the Reuleaux RX with minor changes. So yes its Joyetech/Wismec software.
From what ive read the 26650s have in general less battery sag and less internal resistance than 18650s, with more 26650 regulated devices coming out now, lets hope LG and Samsung will make some decent 26650s soon.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its the same as in the Reuleaux RX with minor changes. So yes its Joyetech/Wismec software.
From what ive read the 26650s have in general less battery sag and less internal resistance than 18650s, with more 26650 regulated devices coming out now, lets hope LG and Samsung will make some decent 26650s soon.
Agreed because I will need to pick up a couple 26650's in the near future

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The thing is that 18650s are widely popular, not only in the vaping industry but also in batteries for laptops and other battery packs, even cars.
Thats why we dont have the 6000mah 60A 26650s but shitloads of 18650s...
The Vappower are just rewrapped Keeppower

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I almost pulled the trigger on the silver Stout last night but since I already have a RX200 and VTC mini thought I might wait instead to get a device with a Yihi chip to try. I still might go with the Stout, already have (3) 26650 efest 4200 mah bats I use in my Encom TNT80 and love the battery life and performance. I wound up pre-ordering a IPV5 from breazy instead to replace my sig 150TC, at $54 shipped with the Yihi SX330 chip and SS TC seamed like a no brainer.

I really do love the look and form factor of the Stout but $95 shipped is not a impulse buy for me, gonna have to wait a bit.

For those on the fence about the efest batts they have been great for the 2 or 3 months I have had them and use them everyday. The efest 26650 bats are actually the first efest bats I have ever bought, all my 18650's are from LG, Sony, Samsung and MXJO. I would say just order them from a reputable source, I got mine from vaporworld.biz

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I almost pulled the trigger on the silver Stout last night but since I already have a RX200 and VTC mini thought I might wait instead to get a device with a Yihi chip to try. I still might go with the Stout, already have (3) 26650 efest 4200 mah bats I use in my Encom TNT80 and love the battery life and performance. I wound up pre-ordering a IPV5 from breazy instead to replace my sig 150TC, at $54 shipped with the Yihi SX330 chip and SS TC seamed like a no brainer.

I really do love the look and form factor of the Stout but $95 shipped is not a impulse buy for me, gonna have to wait a bit.

For those on the fence about the efest batts they have been great for the 2 or 3 months I have had them and use them everyday. The efest 26650 bats are actually the first efest bats I have ever bought, all my 18650's are from LG, Sony, Samsung and MXJO. I would say just order them from a reputable source, I got mine from vaporworld.biz
How long do they last you at around 30 watts?
I have a DNA 200 selfmade hammond mod and a totally beat up IPV mini 2, the DNA200 is just too big (and expensive) as a mod to take out on the street/partys and work in my opinion. The battery life on the IPV is a joke, even with a HG2 and the usb is broken (and no TC of course). I have to admit I bought it mainly because of the aesthetics and because I always wanted a vaporflask but couldnt afford one. If the efest 4200 lasts me a day and the chip is not too bad compared to the DNA200 ill be happ af :)

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The TNT80 with the OBS T-VCT is my road gear because it will last me all day vaping around 25 to 30 watts even if I leave the house at 7AM and return at 8PM. The battery life has been great and I am more than happy I got this set-up.

I would say if you chain vape at 30 watts you should be able to go all day on a single charge, 2 days if your not constantly puffing away.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
The Stout looks pretty sweet, I especially like the 18650 adapter, so that I don't actually have to run right out and buy more batteries. The VF Lite looks pretty cool too, very much like the Kangxin KX-50D that I own, but I bet it's much higher quality construction.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yeah, that price seems very high, to me, when comparable mods with both more and less power are selling for less than half the price. I am going to be buying another mod, soon, but not at that kind of price point.

Hazzmattman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like the looks of it but not in particular hurry to invest in new battery type, and I think the pricepoint is tad high.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I bet the price is gonna come down a bit in a few weeks to a month

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I bet the price is gonna come down a bit in a few weeks to a month
I would be very surprised if it didn't ... that seems to be the trend these days. Pre-sale a mod for 25-35% off MSRP, then sell it for a week, maybe two, at MSRP, then drop pricing below pre-sale discounts to try and grab as many dollars as you can before the mod loses it's popularity and associated market share. Oh, and throughout the whole process, pray that something more revolutionary doesn't get released to screw up the sales projections.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Well, if the price drops to something "reasonable" before the end of the month: Perhaps I'll get one. Otherwise I'll probably just buy another eVic-VTC Mini. (Which I may do, anyway.)

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, if the price drops to something "reasonable" before the end of the month: Perhaps I'll get one. Otherwise I'll probably just buy another eVic-VTC Mini. (Which I may do, anyway.)
What's reasonable? $70?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would be very surprised if it didn't ... that seems to be the trend these days. Pre-sale a mod for 25-35% off MSRP, then sell it for a week, maybe two, at MSRP, then drop pricing below pre-sale discounts to try and grab as many dollars as you can before the mod loses it's popularity and associated market share. Oh, and throughout the whole process, pray that something more revolutionary doesn't get released to screw up the sales projections.
That's about it. The speed that shit comes out is blinding.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evic-VTC is okay but I think the D3 is way better. My D3 battery lasts about 20% longer than my Evic with the same battery. I don't vape TC much as I prefer power with RTAs. It is also a bit smaller than the EVic. I would also get the decima or cuboid before I popped for a stout much as I appreciate the design of it. With two evics, one D2 and one D3 I cannot justify the purchase.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't know. I probably wouldn't pay $70, either. Not when I can get an eVic-VTC Mini for under $45 and a Cuboid for less than $50. Maybe, though.

I love my VTC Mini but when I am using a tank that like 50+ watts it always goes on either the RX200 or Encom TNT80 (26650 mod) for the battery life. Above 50 watts the VTC Mini goes through batts too quick for my liking. This is were the the extra money for the Stout would make sense but at it's current price not worth it for me, at $70 though it is a buy.

Chongo666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love this stout . I have evic, d3 and they're collecting dust . With the possibility of using an 18650 or 26650 is awesome . It's sturdy and feels very solid . The price point for me works when I compare them to my other mods that are about $50 or so. I can feel the difference . But to each their own .
The battery latch is cool and sturdy , not wobbly like some I've used with latches kind of like this . It's just a sturdy peice.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    718.9 KB · Views: 60

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love this stout . I have evic, d3 and they're collecting dust . With the possibility of using an 18650 or 26650 is awesome . It's sturdy and feels very solid . The price point for me works when I compare them to my other mods that are about $50 or so. I can feel the difference . But to each their own .
The battery latch is cool and sturdy , not wobbly like some I've used with latches kind of like this . It's just a sturdy peice.
Damn that looks sexy. I have one on the way n im looking forward to it :D

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Does aynone have the silver version yet? I still have to wait for mine to arrive in germany :(
Would be amazing to see some real pictures of the finish.
Bloody VapeForward suppliers, hurry up!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't think, just click on the link below! Stout for $67.49 shipped with a free 26650 and free 10ml of juice!

http://vape.deals/vaporflask-lite-stout-classic-59-99-67-49-89-99/

The only way this deal would be any better is if they had the Silver but for that price the Black will be mine......muhahahahaha

EDIT:

That deal is done but there is another vendor who has them for $74.99 shipped and as of this edit they have the stainless steel version in stock: http://www.shop12south.com/collecti...stout-100w-low-price-sale?variant=11482462145

I picked up the SS from them and will have it tomorrow, great customer service and fast delivery.

Thanks to @Deucesjack for posting this vendor.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hmmmmm, but they have the stainless in stock.....soooooo tempted
Yeah I picked up a black Classic but I really wanted the SS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Just picked up this deal. Haven't seen anything better. They did have the silver when I purchased a couple of hours ago.

***UPDATE: I may have misspoke. They have the Black and "White". I assumed the white meant silver.

Don't think, just click on the link below! Stout for $67.49 shipped with a free 26650 and free 10ml of juice!

http://vape.deals/vaporflask-lite-stout-classic-59-99-67-49-89-99/

The only way this deal would be any better is if they had the Silver but for that price the Black will be mine......muhahahahaha[/QUOTE

VU Sponsors