Vaporflask Stout

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

leaferikson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Love the stout. Replaced two broken Hana Modz with it. Feels sturdier and better made at far less than half the price.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That deal I posted is done.

Here is another deal though and they have the Stainless Steel version. I now have a black and stainless on the way, should be here tomorrow. One is for my brother though, it's his birthday.

http://www.shop12south.com/collecti...stout-100w-low-price-sale?variant=11482462145

I have to say the customer service and delivery time is awesome from shop12south.com , there getting repeat business from me for sure.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That deal I posted is done.

Here is another deal though and they have the Stainless Steel version. I now have a black and stainless on the way, should be here tomorrow. One is for my brother though, it's his birthday.

http://www.shop12south.com/collecti...stout-100w-low-price-sale?variant=11482462145

I have to say the customer service and delivery time is awesome from shop12south.com , there getting repeat business from me for sure.

I'll second that. Expecting my Black Classic from them today. Matt is a kool dude with great customer service.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hand check!

10c4417b886bf99c44cd73d9b0552d00.jpg

b1cfd3fb42b28e1b9f26b3499ba95f4f.jpg

b922790091666a24607d9466c3efc3f3.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What Efest Battery are you using? The green or the purple ones? Some say the green fits and the purple doesnt, I ordered the 4200mah purples.
Right now I have a sony VTC4 in there since the purple 26650 the deal came with is in the charger. Will update with how it fits soon.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang, I have 1 green efest and 2 purple 4200 mahs and the purple is a little taller. I will update tomorrow when I get my stout if the purple fits.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have seen a couple reviews with the purple efest and they seem to work. But, MikeVapes suggests the MXJO 4200mah. Just picked up a couple of them from VaporBeast with a coupon for under $20.

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mooch actually made a table with the best 26650s to use in the stout, you can fit the purples but getting them out is another story :D
"Here are my recommendations...
- Basen Black 4500mAh
- Brillipower Green 80A 4500mAh
- Efest Green 20A 4200mAh
- MXJO Yellow 35A 3500mAh

All of the above batteries appear to use the same cell under the wrap so you can buy any of them. The MXJO has a lower capacity than the others though. I do not know why."

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang, I have 1 green efest and 2 purple 4200 mahs and the purple is a little taller. I will update tomorrow when I get my stout if the purple fits.
The purple efest does look a tad longer next to a 25r. Broke the pic up in two to get a better angle
3602797bc4ca52ecc7717666acff776f.jpg

84a67ef01bf898e87733fe86c66ce696.jpg

7a1691a6c158e11ddc0e457a64e71dac.jpg

Hope it fits.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got a stainless one on the way....

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am thinking the 3500 mah Purple efest would be shorter than the 4200 purple but don't know. I will update tomorrow when I get the 3500 mah and compare the size to the 4200 mah. Crossing my fingers......

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice! Can you remove the battery without hassle too?
Yes battery slides in and out no problem, even with the authenticity sticker on it. I'm careful about sliding the door open though since it seems to want to catch the battery wrap...time will tell if it rips or not.

Last edited:

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
looks bloody nice! I definetly wait for the silver version to arrive in germany, Im already waiting for 3 weeks but this is much nicer than the black one imo :rolleyes:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
looks bloody nice! I definetly wait for the silver version to arrive in germany, Im already waiting for 3 weeks but this is much nicer than the black one imo :rolleyes:

Your going to love it, the best looking mod I have.

Here is a comparison pic with the IPV5:

9gkRTuGzHkqukhxzP3zBePNTIcEX-jP3Gyd8bsTavV6iJChO2cqsHBs5fKn5691Ob2lEPuSg75eBh-oS1xSZjrqa0_VKikoStOpbP4USr2hDJYK5YorBgcxyE8uegNnBzkZU6SCo1iaL5c1IXtbA8NnG7T1U0qdgpBKvKciq3uFr-ICJ5xaeKbeK9GBI-OWPFBevMlY1FkViJ3ggeOq2raNUfTcFeZ_z9r2zuN6hYVxt93PjiLNmRkw8YAaA8AVKu-nYJTvQqo8bUManImOfZySLrHannmLM39WKpeNxWKxxp2nneoep1gCNnbK1FRofBvGeAG-PFyE5iaxD3xCd6WD8155dx2DROdWyDx97WQ2q7awyFbbCFvmif2ke0BuSf6qcPsP8WhTDTdg3FEDPo2R246Sfz1ercD3WsnM1C_Ca71vzYVvafYuEdZRSmjBL6khpnpXxHFd1iAWZMXBU9SFxxha3iIPrBOc4igapLLfNMYjGLPAsXY6itpa-Lwc8cMqsK8R12BY3Y68H1EehnAN8YIvZSH1XnSliNIPLUO39LZJAZlUM09rW1JNtGcmdJrEi=w436-h775-no

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really am tempted to get a Vapor Flask Classic in silver now, must resist............:D

Chongo666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love my stout . I use the yellow mxjo 26650 and works great . Fits great , no scratching when removing . Same with the green efest .
The mnke Orange and purple efest gave me problems .
Just ordered a white classic so I'll be waiting for that .
Also sillynilly on etsy just produced a leather case for the stout , I'll post pics when I get it.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my Stout Thursday and vaped it @ 29 watts on a .4ohm Triton coil Thursday (5pm to 9pm), Friday (1pm to 10pm), Saturday (6am to 5pm) and Sunday (2am to just now 9:15am) before the battery bar started flashing. By my estimation, I spent over 31 waking hours vaping only the Stout. The purple Efest 3500mah 26650 isn't as sucky as I thought it would be. The Stout's battery bar started flashing at exactly 3.33V. Overall very happy.

Question of mine from the mods of the month thread I guess that's better suited here.
Is there a delay in the ramp up of the Stout? I'm used to my Reuleaux DNA 200 ramping up instantly. I burnt my fingers with a pocketable Mod, the Smok Micro R80 which even with the ramp up setting on max, took like 1.5 to 2 sec to reach the desired temp of 250 with the 0.25 ss coils. Not for me and I sold the pos within 2 days. The micro TFV4 ss coils had a horrible spit back as well, although I did like the tank otherwise. The VF Stout is in my cart for $75 and I'll hit the checkout button if the ramp up is nice and responsive.

I'm also wondering how often they'll release updates, and out of curiosity whether RX200 firmware will be compatible with the Stout.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my Stout Thursday and vaped it @ 29 watts on a .4ohm Triton coil Thursday (5pm to 9pm), Friday (1pm to 10pm), Saturday (6am to 5pm) and Sunday (2am to just now 9:15am) before the battery bar started flashing. By my estimation, I spent over 31 waking hours vaping only the Stout. The purple Efest 3500mah 26650 isn't as sucky as I thought it would be. The Stout's battery bar started flashing at exactly 3.33V. Overall very happy.
This is the extent of my battery testing skills.
When I put the purple Efest 3500mah battery on the charger it read 3.5v0131160924-1[1].jpg
and charging at 1amp a few hours later this is what I see.
0131161447-1[1].jpg So is the battery mislabeled or what is going on here? Are these results surprising to you @Jon@LiionWholesale ? Or pretty standard? Thanks.
I know this question probably should go in the battery junkie section but it also pertains to the Stout (and included battery) which I know some here took advantage of the deal from Totally Wicked like I did.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Question of mine from the mods of the month thread I guess that's better suited here.
Is there a delay in the ramp up of the Stout? I'm used to my Reuleaux DNA 200 ramping up instantly. I burnt my fingers with a pocketable Mod, the Smok Micro R80 which even with the ramp up setting on max, took like 1.5 to 2 sec to reach the desired temp of 250 with the 0.25 ss coils. Not for me and I sold the pos within 2 days. The micro TFV4 ss coils had a horrible spit back as well, although I did like the tank otherwise. The VF Stout is in my cart for $75 and I'll hit the checkout button if the ramp up is nice and responsive.

I'm also wondering how often they'll release updates, and out of curiosity whether RX200 firmware will be compatible with the Stout.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk
I have not noticed any delay but I am not using a .25ohm coil, I am at 29 watts on a stainless steel Triton coil not using Temp Control. What type of coil are you using what kind of wire and what wattage or temperature are you wanting to vape at? Maybe someone here knows. The update is a different update than the RX200 but the features are similar.

Thanks. Will be using triton ss coils in TC mode, at 40w to 60w and 250C/480F. Also triton Ni coils in the same ranges.

I found the R80 to be sluggish in W mode as well.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I put the purple Efest 3500mah battery on the charger it read 3.5vView attachment 39915
View attachment 39916 So is the battery mislabeled or what is going on here? Are these results surprising to you @Jon@LiionWholesale ? Or pretty standard? Thanks.
I know this question probably should go in the battery junkie section but it also pertains to the Stout (and included battery) which I know some here took advantage of the deal from Totally Wicked like I did.

Hmmmm, I have the same charger so will have to try that out with the 3500 mah efest I got as well. I initially charged it on my LUC Blu6 charger as it does 2 amp charging on 26650's so they get done fast. I can check the Mah if the battery if I use the app on my phone but didn't look when I did my initial charge. I have been using the 4200 mah purple efest all day today and if fits fine and I still have about 85% of the battery left, freakin bad ass battery life.

nangka1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
7843a63af81ed53562b9985b9ec3c8b6.jpg

Can I use this battery for the stout?
Thanks in advance for all advice

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was really pumped to buy one till I learned it was a 22mm curve:( I wish the 22mm form factor would die a cold hard death. I know there are still many 22 mm attys but it always looks bettter with a slightly wider mod than with the atty hanging over. Plus you get more juice.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I was really pumped to buy one till I learned it was a 22mm curve:( I wish the 22mm form factor would die a cold hard death. I know there are still many 22 mm attys ...
"Still many?" I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings: But the vast majority of attys are 22mm diameter or there-abouts. Personally: I have not a single tank, RTA or RDA that's more than 22mm diameter, save my Billow V2 Nano, where the tank, itself is, I think, 23mm. The base is still 22mm.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got mine in Stainless, I am surprised at how small it is, even with the 26650. I've got a a bunch of Sony VTC 26650's (yes, they made them!). I'm rocking my Doge on it with twisted stainless 316L dual coils at .17 at 90 watts. This mod just rocks. The TC is accurate too.

Updated to version 2.00 firmware for the VF Stout via the wismec site. Works fine. Also adds 3 memory settings for temp control settings.

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I put the purple Efest 3500mah battery on the charger it read 3.5vView attachment 39915
View attachment 39916 So is the battery mislabeled or what is going on here? Are these results surprising to you @Jon@LiionWholesale ? Or pretty standard? Thanks.

I just charged my efest 3500 mah on my VC4 and got 3991 mah fully charged. I know my 4200 mah reads a little higher when done as well but not that much more. It's a good battery and lasted awhile, love 26650 mods for the road, vape time is awesome.

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hope in vapekind is restored, my silver stout will arrive tomorrow, I only had to wait 5 weeks :D
The word is that wismec forgot to put the CE and the trashcan symbols somewhere or didnt provide the resellers with the needed paperwork,
whatever I dont care, so stoked to finally get this bitch here.
Hows the battery life on the 4200 purple efest going?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your going to love it and the battery life. Got a lot of wooo, that looks nice at the superbowl party this weekend with my silver stout and steam engine tank, great looking combo:

20160129_092622.jpg

I ordered a black steam engine and still have the black stout I was planning on selling since my brother wanted a bottle of $$ whiskey instead for his birthday. Must resist just paring the 2 black's together for another sexy combo.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your going to love it and the battery life. Got a lot of wooo, that looks nice at the superbowl party this weekend with my silver stout and steam engine tank, great looking combo:

20160129_092622.jpg

I ordered a black steam engine and still have the black stout I was planning on selling since my brother wanted a bottle of $$ whiskey instead for his birthday. Must resist just paring the 2 black's together for another sexy combo.
Keep it! Black is beautiful.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hope in vapekind is restored, my silver stout will arrive tomorrow, I only had to wait 5 weeks :D
The word is that wismec forgot to put the CE and the trashcan symbols somewhere or didnt provide the resellers with the needed paperwork,
whatever I dont care, so stoked to finally get this bitch here.
Hows the battery life on the 4200 purple efest going?

The purple efest are slightly too long for the stout, you may get them to fit, but going be tight, and might mess up the battery door or rip the battery cover, I got the green efest in mine and they fit fine and working really well.

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The purple efest are slightly too long for the stout, you may get them to fit, but going be tight, and might mess up the battery door or rip the battery cover, I got the green efest in mine and they fit fine and working really well.
Yeah I know that now, but I already bought them so I try to deal with it :/

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've go a bunch of SONY SE US26650VT T C11h 50 amp batteries that I used on my 26650 Mech's, plus a shitload of Orange MNKE's. Both fit and work extremely well. I've got one green Efest and it fits just fine.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far I haven't had any problems with my purple 4200 mah efest's working, there the same size as the 3500mah purples as well. The 4200 mah green is a little shorter but all fit fine and don't give me any pause about using them. I wonder if the worry about 26650 sizes started with the Mikevapes video? I worried about it after seeing that video but installing and removing the little longer ones have been easy peasy, maybe he had an early production sample?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did a 10 hour shift at work today, and I vape at work, end of the shift still had 25% battery using the green efest, loving the run time with the size factor of this mod :)

Only thing is, every so often, when I 1st press the fire button when it has been sat for a while, I get 'device too hot' message, strange as never happens when I'm actually vaping, contacted vape-forward and see what they say.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you can still find them, the Orange MNKE's work well.

VU Sponsors