TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
e09e34b7abefff3ddd0d21173f0df2f7.jpg

Sent from my Apple Newton using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'll look at that. Can you see them now?

Yes! Love Blanca's mismatched eyes! :) And it really is a cool cat tree. We wouldn't buy anything like that for Tuxie, because she'd ignore it and have a blast with the fucking box it came in. :giggle:

Andria

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We did spoil our little kitteh with a big tree.
And it wasn't the box - it was the STRAPPING around the box - CLEARLY a cat toy, or a deadly snake, or something to go after...
16680299.jpg

And MAN, he scare's me - he goes shooting up and down that thing during his crazy-time, rattles the door it's next to, leaps off the high shelves like he's SUPER-KITTEH and can fly...

vader tree 1a.jpg

Yes! Love Blanca's mismatched eyes! :) And it really is a cool cat tree. We wouldn't buy anything like that for Tuxie, because she'd ignore it and have a blast with the fucking box it came in. :giggle:

Andria

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We did spoil our little kitteh with a big tree.
And it wasn't the box - it was the STRAPPING around the box - CLEARLY a cat toy, or a deadly snake, or something to go after...
16680299.jpg

And MAN, he scare's me - he goes shooting up and down that thing during his crazy-time, rattles the door it's next to, leaps off the high shelves like he's SUPER-KITTEH and can fly...

View attachment 88256
That's a cool tree.
Yeah, these 2 fruit loops go ripping up and down it already, at 12 weeks old.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Before Tuxie was a full-time housecat, she was a "garage and outdoor" kitty; so even though she has the run of the house other than my bedroom, she still enjoys hanging out in the garage, and it's so full of toolboxes and cabinets and my husband's various whatnot and this and that, it's like the entire garage is a 3-D cat tree -- nooks and crannies and vantage points; she has a nice spot from which she can view the driveway and street in front of our house, and be our Watch Cat. :D

She also loves lurking just inside the 6" raised garage door, and if some small critter happens by (bird, lizard, chipmunk, etc), she darts out to catch and/or play with it. The squirrels know better than to get anywhere near our driveway, at this point. :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
BTW -- this has nothing to do with cats, but with the image-hosting we were discussing on the last page, and also this entire forum, but this is the last thing I posted on my own Tumblr page, so I could post it all around. :D

tumblr_otmoklrdBS1vga2mio1_540.jpg

I :inlove::ejuice::cloud:
Andria

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Before Tuxie was a full-time housecat, she was a "garage and outdoor" kitty; so even though she has the run of the house other than my bedroom, she still enjoys hanging out in the garage, and it's so full of toolboxes and cabinets and my husband's various whatnot and this and that, it's like the entire garage is a 3-D cat tree -- nooks and crannies and vantage points; she has a nice spot from which she can view the driveway and street in front of our house, and be our Watch Cat. :D

She also loves lurking just inside the 6" raised garage door, and if some small critter happens by (bird, lizard, chipmunk, etc), she darts out to catch and/or play with it. The squirrels know better than to get anywhere near our driveway, at this point. :giggle:

Andria
I have a garage cat too, who showed up 4yrs ago, and never left. Never considered her as being owned by us, but we feed her, and make sure she has a warm bed during cold spells. Every once in a while she'll slip inside the house, and you would never know she's been an outside cat all her life the way she acts. She lays at the end of the drive at night, and loves the attention folks walking by give her, as dogs don't intimidate her one bit.

Piper, after a break in..
i-gpDnKDn-M.jpg

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
BTW -- this has nothing to do with cats, but with the image-hosting we were discussing on the last page, and also this entire forum, but this is the last thing I posted on my own Tumblr page, so I could post it all around. :D

tumblr_otmoklrdBS1vga2mio1_540.jpg

I :inlove::ejuice::cloud:
Andria

I'm approaching my 4th year smoke free. Its truly miraculous how many people across the world have successfully quit smoking since vaping, many after several previous failed attempts using "approved" medications like gum etc.

Sent from my Apple Newton using Tapatalk

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Update on the garage kittens: I told you folks before that the feral female we have been calling Cali had four babies, oh, about three months ago... Wifey and I have been working on gaining their trust, feeding and taking care of them (they ALL got very sick a month ago and we pulled them through it with special food and herbal meds). We had originally assumed there were three girls and one boy (the runt of the litter) because he was the only one who wasn't multi-colored (calico being a 99+% female coloration) and we had been calling him Little Brother, but we actually got to hold him last week and discovered he was a she, so now her name is Lil'Sis. She is also starting to show a tad bit of orange under-fur too... Anyway, here's a group pic:

35 LilSis Misty Tabitha.jpg
And here's Smokie and Lil' Sis posing for the camera:
30 Smokie and LilSis.jpg

And Smokie by herself doing a portrait pose:
34 Smokie.jpg

Last edited:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And even though I do love our four little garage kittens, my best buddy is still my beautiful little girl, Xena, who wants more lap time than any of our other cats and follows me to the barn every morning to play barn kitty (and get even more lap time while we're vaping after the milking is done).
20 Xena.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

That's amazing, training a cat to do that! Ours mostly just looks at us like "You talkin' to ME?!?" Last night I even told her I had some treats for her... she ignored me. Ok fine, no treats for YOU! :giggle:

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's amazing, training a cat to do that! Ours mostly just looks at us like "You talkin' to ME?!?" Last night I even told her I had some treats for her... she ignored me. Ok fine, no treats for YOU! :giggle:

Andria

Yeah, my bulldog is pretty much the same as trying to teach a cat tricks. :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, my bulldog is pretty much the same as trying to teach a cat tricks. :D

I think the apathy about treats is my husband's fault; he gives her cat treats everyday when he gets home from work, and now she seems to react to the promise of treats with a resounding "Meh."

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think the apathy about treats is my husband's fault; he gives her cat treats everyday when he gets home from work, and now she seems to react to the promise of treats with a resounding "Meh."

Andria

I've had dogs that are very treat motivated and others who couldn't give less of a shit. My bulldog likes treats but it depends on what he has to do to get one. If it's too much bother for him or something he really doesn't feel like doing, no amount of steak will get him to do it. :giggle: For instance, when he's gotten ahold of contraband (which for him is anything he knows he's not supposed to have, anything from a used Kleenex to someone's jacket or shoe), poking steak or cheese directly into his mouth will NOT result in him dropping said contraband. Bitter apple usually does the trick, once we lasso him. Not something I can do by myself, though. Also, trying to lure him into his crate when it's time and he doesn't feel like going in will result in being completely ignored. :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've had dogs that are very treat motivated and others who couldn't give less of a shit. My bulldog likes treats but it depends on what he has to do to get one. If it's too much bother for him or something he really doesn't feel like doing, no amount of steak will get him to do it. :giggle: For instance, when he's gotten ahold of contraband (which for him is anything he knows he's not supposed to have, anything from a used Kleenex to someone's jacket or shoe), poking steak or cheese directly into his mouth will NOT result in him dropping said contraband. Bitter apple usually does the trick, once we lasso him. Not something I can do by myself, though. Also, trying to lure him into his crate when it's time and he doesn't feel like going in will result in being completely ignored. :giggle:

I hate to think of trying to lasso or wrestle a bulldog -- it was fucking difficult enough with a dachshund! :giggle:

Since our son moved back home, he keeps blathering about getting a dog, or another kitten; we've told him, we'll get a dog ONLY when we can afford to fence in the backyard, because none of us are interested in going on walkies everytime the damn dog needs to pee, especially not in cold or rainy weather, and not in the hottest part of the day in the summer, either. The kitten, we probably will do, but it needs to wait a bit; Tuxie JUST got to the point of accepting our son's presence and even offering him headbutts of affection, but it was very stressful for our little fraidycat, having a new person in the house; having another cat would be more stress, and she needs to settle down and get comfy again before we do that to her.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I hate to think of trying to lasso or wrestle a bulldog -- it was fucking difficult enough with a dachshund! :giggle:

Since our son moved back home, he keeps blathering about getting a dog, or another kitten; we've told him, we'll get a dog ONLY when we can afford to fence in the backyard, because none of us are interested in going on walkies everytime the damn dog needs to pee, especially not in cold or rainy weather, and not in the hottest part of the day in the summer, either. The kitten, we probably will do, but it needs to wait a bit; Tuxie JUST got to the point of accepting our son's presence and even offering him headbutts of affection, but it was very stressful for our little fraidycat, having a new person in the house; having another cat would be more stress, and she needs to settle down and get comfy again before we do that to her.

Andria

You could get an underground fence. I'm told they work pretty well for non-bulldog types. :)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Actually, it is not all that expensive. I had one going around our 13 acres to train a Great Pyrenees to stay inside existing fencing (she dug under). The most money spent is for the dog collar (receiver) and the transmitter (in the house). You then bury a single insulated wire all the way around your property and set the field intensity for how far away from that wire the dog will get a buzz and how far before a jolt. Less than $200 for everything required. There is no unsightly visual (e.g., ugly fencing) and it will not affect any person or pet not wearing that collar.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And what happens if the dog gets the collar off? Dogs aren't as good at that as cats are, but they can still manage, if they're persistent.

Andria

ETA: also, it wouldn't be possible here; though our property is only .26 acre, we have a drainage culvert in the backyard; there would be no way to get anything under it. The only option would be to bury the wire in front of the ditch, and if we had to dig a new ditch just to put the wire in, I suspect we'd get a lot of flooding; our backyard is very flat.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, you don't have to bury the wire. That's only for those people who do not want it visible. I put mine up about 3-feet above ground on the existing field fencing.

The dog never got the collar off, no matter how much she tried. It has two steel prongs pointing inward. You adjust the tightness of the collar so those touch the skin (they provide the shock when she got too close to the fence) but not so tight as to put any undue pressure on or any irritation to the skin.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors