Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trimming my bush.....
f3494d0df608e2ba2bd7803cf4491fe6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Gotta Mannyscape. Lol

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Couldn't resist 40% off pretty much all wire at Lightning Vapes to fill in the (HUGE) gaps in my wire supply. Like Family Dollar for resistance wire. Even going to try Titanium for a buck.

1x Coil Master MEA Measuring Tool for $2.89 each (lead length)

1x Titanium Wire (Surgical Grade 1) - 26 AWG / 25' for $1.05 each

1x Nichrome Series 80 Resistance Wire (Even Gauges) - 26GA 100' for $3.00 each
1x Nichrome Series 80 Resistance Wire (Even Gauges) - 28GA100' for $2.99 each
1x Nichrome Series 80 Resistance Wire (Even Gauges) - 30GA 100' for $2.88 each
1x Nichrome Series 80 Resistance Wire (Even Gauges) - 36GA 250' for $2.88 each
1x Nichrome Series 80 Resistance Wire (Even Gauges) - 34GA 250' for $3.12 each

1x Kanthal A1 Resistance Wire (Even Gauges) - 26GA 100' for $2.55 each
1x Kanthal A1 Resistance Wire (Even Gauges) - 28GA 100' for $2.39 each
1x Kanthal A1 Resistance Wire (Even Gauges) - 30GA 100' for $2.27 each
1x Kanthal A1 Resistance Wire (Even Gauges) - 32GA 250' for $3.27 each
1x Kanthal A1 Resistance Wire (Even Gauges) - 34GA 250' for $3.63 each
1x Kanthal A1 Resistance Wire (Even Gauges) - 36GA 250' for $2.85 each

1x Stainless Steel 316L Round Wire - 38 AWG / 250' for $5.85 each
1x Stainless Steel 316L Round Wire - 36 AWG / 250' for $2.67 each
1x Stainless Steel 316L Round Wire - 34 AWG / 250' for $2.79 each
1x Stainless Steel 316L Round Wire - 32 AWG / 250' for $2.40 each
1x Stainless Steel 316L Round Wire - 28 AWG / 100' for $2.88 each
1x Stainless Steel 316L Round Wire - 26 AWG / 100' for $2.85 each
1x Stainless Steel Flat Wire 316L - 0.4x0.1mm / 25' for $2.99 each
1x Stainless Steel Flat Wire 316L - 0.3x0.1mm / 25' for $2.99 each
Just jumped on this one too. 1000 ft of wire for 13 bucks. Can't beat that

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Seriously. Kidney Puncher has done me righteous, but these prices just overcame my will.

I've heard some stories about occasional dirty Kanthal from LV, but I've also seen where they are listening to the complaints and taking steps. Also, unless it's uncleanable and unusable, at these prices I'd be willing to put up with a bit of hassle.

They already shipped my order too. Not that KP isn't also very fast though.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
8 100ft spools of core sizes, 9 250ft spools of wrap sizes, 2 25ft spools of ribbon, a 25 footer of titanium and a coil leg tool for 68 bucks including shipping.

Maybe I'll be able to take at least a few more risks now. I was so afraid of wasting wire. Not that I can now be careless either.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
8 100ft spools of core sizes, 9 250ft spools of wrap sizes, 2 25ft spools of ribbon, a 25 footer titanium and a coil leg tool for 68 bucks including shipping.

Maybe I'll be able to take at least a few more risks now. I was so afraid of wasting wire. Not that I can now be careless either.
I learned aliens. But I realized doing decores how much you actually use. 18 inch claptons is about 15 feet or more of wrap wire.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I learned aliens. But I realized doing decores how much you actually use. 18 inch claptons is about 15 feet or more of wrap wire.

Yeah, I wish I could have gotten more, but that's why I went for the longer spools of the higher gauges. I really want to learn aliens and even regular Claptons can chew through a spool in no time.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
image.jpeg
I went from this......

To this in 24hrs.
image.jpeg
fucking GS and their crappy product (cap always had a problem with screwing it on tight cuz that's also the air filter, see the thin gap).

What piss me off is I lost my long mouth piece tip, I really love that. I was also going to put the thing up for sale but fuck, that's going to be fucking impossible now.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Placed my order late Thursday night, they shipped it Friday morning and it'll be here Monday, for the least expensive dirt cheap shipping option.

During the Black Friday crush.

Unless I get terrible wire, they deserve some props for this kind of treatment of their customers.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought a Geekvape Nova kit and a Alpha tank durring a sale a couple of days ago for my brother. I got a good price but was thinking of keeping them for myself lol. Both are getting great reviews. I logged on here today to see a bunch of alerts with my name being mentioned. Guess what I won in a contest? A Geekvape Nova & Alpha tank!!! I also get a Drop solo RDA. I've been blessed all year with great prizes. I'm pretty happy and excited.

I really needed a bit of good news. My car has been messing up. I took it to a mechanic and its been a nightmare ever since. They fix simething and all of a sudden something else is wrong. This is too much to be coincidental.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I figured out why I've been feeling sick the last few days, posts from one of my new clone Goons... bad bad bad

posts.jpg

some kind of dull metal coated in something thin and shiny, not ss :< this is after putting One pair of coils in it...

Oh...but I also thoroughly washed every RDA that I'd been using in the last week, so that's nice. Was fun putting 5 barely-different decks back together, was a puzzle haha

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought a Geekvape Nova kit and a Alpha tank durring a sale a couple of days ago for my brother. I got a good price but was thinking of keeping them for myself lol. Both are getting great reviews. I logged on here today to see a bunch of alerts with my name being mentioned. Guess what I won in a contest? A Geekvape Nova & Alpha tank!!! I also get a Drop solo RDA. I've been blessed all year with great prizes. I'm pretty happy and excited.

I really needed a bit of good news. My car has been messing up. I took it to a mechanic and its been a nightmare ever since. They fix simething and all of a sudden something else is wrong. This is too much to be coincidental.
Sometimes it's the mechanic. Keep ya coming back

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah come visit us, we are in Arizona..

I figured out why I've been feeling sick the last few days, posts from one of my new clone Goons... bad bad bad

View attachment 124935

some kind of dull metal coated in something thin and shiny, not ss :< this is after putting One pair of coils in it...

Oh...but I also thoroughly washed every RDA that I'd been using in the last week, so that's nice. Was fun putting 5 barely-different decks back together, was a puzzle haha

Scary shit, that is. :mad:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Scary shit, that is. :mad:
Yeah most clones use simple steel and they coat them with microns of stainless steel to make them look original but it wears off ...

I saw this about 2 years ago when I purchased an original Modfather RTA... I also purchased a Modfather clone...... What a difference in build quality and materials.

People fall for the 1:1 clone and they think they are getting an exact copy.

Don't fall for the clone bullshit.....

I bought a 528 goon in Titanium and spent $80 bucks...... But I know that it will not corrode, change appeareance and in 3 to 5 years I can sell it for $60 to $80 bucks.....

If you are a broke vaper with limited funding, save your money and purchase the good merchandise when the budget allows.....

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today sitting on the sofa and Vaping The Minikin......
5a7d699f81be10ecb50edfbf12153422.jpg
and installed the bubble glass tank on the reload..... So I can live with a 5ml capacity....

4c0e9ed3fff3369425df61851811aa3e.jpg
7db7f1e8e8e23fcd64227b636e7f63e9.jpg

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Disected my first dual mesh coil today. These babys last for such a long time and give off great flavor. Its from a Baby V2 coil.
1124181754a-1.jpg

I bet everyone copied Freemax's innovations and put their spin on it. But you never know I guess.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a Purge Mod in vapemail today that came with a Carnage RDA and I also had a Drop RDA that came in because in the pictures the Carnage didn’t seem to match the right tone of gold, but now I’m stuck with which one I should use for primary and which is secondary. Performance wise, with a bit of different tweaking, they’re practically identical...just can’t seem to settle on which one looks best...comments or suggestions?
b0515011f81d4e6dfc1481b06dca2082.jpg
b4200bc390f0b2b6cdf29d69076f2fbd.jpg
eb2d1e912923e7b178dca3a1a8fcb066.jpg

A shot of all 3 products in the first, then the Carnage, then the Drop.
So, what I did vape related today was create a conundrum that I could use a little input on from the community.

Edit: I guess it might be easier to show an uncapped version of each, if that could play into the decision as well...
9398c5327be792aefacad4a8eeb1be04.jpg

Drop RDA
d57ad866ffdac0ac9d5558b3cdf8e025.jpg
Carnage RDA
Do things by the book...just be sure that you are the author

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a Purge Mod in vapemail today that came with a Carnage RDA and I also had a Drop RDA that came in because in the pictures the Carnage didn’t seem to match the right tone of gold, but now I’m stuck with which one I should use for primary and which is secondary. Performance wise, with a bit of different tweaking, they’re practically identical...just can’t seem to settle on which one looks best...comments or suggestions?

So, what I did vape related today was create a conundrum that I could use a little input on from the community.

It's not about looks only bra..... Wick the Rda's and see which one hits the best and bam.....magic !!!!!

They both look nice..... I myself like the Carnage because it has an old school feel.......

The drop shines like the mod..... So it's also a good one....

So the final decision should be which one Vapes best.......

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Edit: I guess it might be easier to show an uncapped version of each, if that could play into the decision as well...
9398c5327be792aefacad4a8eeb1be04.jpg

Drop RDA
d57ad866ffdac0ac9d5558b3cdf8e025.jpg
Carnage RDA

Drop is closer in color and shine
Carnage has better flavor I bet

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not about looks only bra..... Wick the Rda's and see which one hits the best and bam.....magic !!!!!

They both look nice..... I myself like the Carnage because it has an old school feel.......

The drop shines like the mod..... So it's also a good one....

So the final decision should be which one Vapes best.......

Yeah, I wicked and vaped on both for a few hours each, and I can get the same vape production and cloud plumes and flavor (pretty well) from both after having to adjust the airflow...Drop wide open and Carnage about one-third closed gives pretty much the same type of hit.
The wider options for adjusting the air hands hands down goes to the Carnage...you can tighten it down enough to use as MTL, but wide open is kind of like the cap is there for looks, because it is completely unobstructed and has the same feeling as taking a just a regular swift inhale when breathing while not vaping.
That wide open is not my cup of tea, but easily fixable with closing off a third of the airflow. So it’s a matter of aesthetics that I’m talking about at the moment, whether it be how it sits on the mod or the differing tones of gold being used in each one, which matches up best

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think I’m leaning towards the Drop. I’ve been on a squonking kick lately and haven’t been dripping much and the Drop at least appears to have a deeper juice well than the Carnage, which means fewer stops between dripping

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hahaha.. I went out and bought a nice[r] switch, drilled some holes and mounted 510 & switch; mounted the sled with CA, threw in some cells and...

PWM is "dead". Um.... wtf - voltage here, voltage there, voltage.... Continuity here, there, .... wtf...

The potentiometer died - no continuity, no resistance readings - poot!

So, the PWM mod is going to sit gathering dust, as I grumble and mutter and try to remember if I even have some 10K pots hidden away, (digging into the storage area itself is a pain).

On the upside, a half-dozen newer, more expensive/reliable(?) 510's are due on friday from varitube.

Buddha222

Chainvaping through the fog ....
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Got some more samples from D-Town Vapes for $5 ea.

Going to be trying these out over the next couple weeks.

IMG_20181127_200820345.jpg

IMG_20181127_201036817.jpg

Last edited:

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Tried a dual coil 3 wrap 3.5mm alien in my KALI V2 thinking the flavour might be similar to my 5 wrap. It was not. Twas weak and rubbish. You live, you learn.

Sent from Star Destroyer Executor

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made a pit stop, coming home - picked up a new potentiometer, albeit 1/2 the range (5Kohm).

Decided to really, really test the old pot first.. Well, the pot was fine - somehow, (no idea how), the solder connections were not. So, I reattached the wires w/o heatshrink to hide things - still no joy.

Being really irritated by now, I started probing everything... Somehow a drop of CA had gotten to and covered one of the battery leaf-springs. Suddenly, I start getting results. (None of this explains the pot suddenly not registering on the damned DMM, though - yes, it might be time to invest in a new DMM)

Sitting here testing this PWM boxmod on occasion. using the Elfy 22mm tank. I've get it turned waaaaaaaaaaaaay down.. It'd be mobetta if it was functional with 2P 18650, but for a test - or an emergency - it sure seems to work OK.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I stopped vaping for a week or so after I lost my invader and just did the occasional cigarette from socializing. Seriously I still do smoke but it fell so lame smoking a cigarette and I kinda wanna get back to vaping. (I use to be ok cuz I know I had a vape with me).

So I decided to get some China brand battery for now for my v200. Gonna save up for mech mod.

Ya I lost my invader as well as all my battery (even the spares lol)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just registered my new flavors at ELR. Creme de menthe, and White Chocolate peppermint smell great. Hopefully I get to mix em up tommorow. I ordered the wrong brand of toasted marshmallows. Maybe it's not so bad but I wasn't paying attention :D.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ordered a Maxo Zenith for $15. I've never tried one out. I've been reading about it. Seems like it's an either love it or hate it mod.

I mixed up some new recipes to try out as well. It sucks that awesome mixes get played out so quick with me.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made a coil or two
a700281311ddf408f21f1c27f6e1175b.jpg

And then after seeing this, looks like I’m going to have to learn to build a mod, because the inner-geek in me screamed in joy when I saw this...
afd179450b5f177d37a35bc7293b4989.jpg
afaca75ae5e1838405d9c8c0fb24a8b1.jpg

And to turn it on, make it a combination lock type of deal where you have to input “Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, B. A, Start”
Non-gamers or newer gamers may not understand, but those of us that grew up with this old school equipment should get it right away :)

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Saw this video on Vaping In Jail ......

Very interesting, Manny. I think it's wonderful. Have had family members in similar circumstances in the past, and I bet both of them would have said they would have been thankful for anything that would have made their experiences a bit more comfortable. I doubt they'd have felt exploited.

Understand that most people are not concerned about inmates having a more comfortable experience. All I would say to that is that your viewpoint might change if someone you love was in that situation, due to drug addiction or mental illness.

And. as the officer said, inmates who are less agitated are less dangerous to staff. Reduction in stress benefits everyone.

Thank you for sharing that video.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made a coil or two
a700281311ddf408f21f1c27f6e1175b.jpg

And then after seeing this, looks like I’m going to have to learn to build a mod, because the inner-geek in me screamed in joy when I saw this...
afd179450b5f177d37a35bc7293b4989.jpg
afaca75ae5e1838405d9c8c0fb24a8b1.jpg

And to turn it on, make it a combination lock type of deal where you have to input “Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, B. A, Start”
Non-gamers or newer gamers may not understand, but those of us that grew up with this old school equipment should get it right away :)

That is soooo awesome. If you make one, make two. I'd definitely buy one. Lol

VU Sponsors