Member For 4 Years
tumblr_oibbb92vOL1qboy26o1_500.gif

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh Hell yea! :bliss:
I'm happy with it. happy enough to turn down a home daily tanker job. (there's more reasons but it's mostly transportation related)

I live barely 10min from the yard and due to my transportation difficulties that they would put me up in a local hotel. there also gunna feed me. (they might regret that one after they see the bill lol) but I really liked the recruiter I liked everyone I met and I feel it will be a good fit for me. it's also a fairly substantial raise from what I was making at swift (also a ggood deal more then what Werner was going to offer me) there trucks are mostly manuals with an odd automatic in there fleet (he told me the autos are really only for the older guys that are close to retiring that WANT to be in an auto) I might get stuck with another proshit but they have a good rep for maintaining their fleet and the oldest truck that isn't a school truck (they run a very nice school completely separate from the company) is a 14. they have apus on ALL sleeper trucks and a very competitive benefits package.

Also they do occasionally get out to Houston.

All in all, I think I'll be happy with this company. did I mention a substantial sign on bonus? I'll probably use that to pay off the swift leaches.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's funny too, the guy I did my check ride with was praising my driving (he was saying things like I'd just put him in a truck and send him down the road)

And all I could think was I'm trying to be humble here lol

He said I could use a little work on my backing but I knew that one lol

According to there safety guy they don't normally take people under a year experiance so I'll admit. it inflated my ego a little bit

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sucks. At least you are on top of it. Denial, is not just a river in Africa...
I'm being treated by one of the top Ophthalmologists in Richmond, the surgery is called Radiopthology, I think, most likely misspelled, but I have 8 months to go, if the deterioration subsides, could only be stronger glasses. I'll cross that bridge next August.

LOveWerks

Music Poet; Prose Addict; Team Supporter; Vapester
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That sucks. At least you are on top of it. Denial, is not just a river in Africa...

Like, 'Tipping' isn't a province in China. After Liz's doctor appointment yesterday, we went to a restaurant with the best 'sloppers' in town (an open-faced 1/3 or 1/2 lb. hamburger - non-GMO, antibiotic-free, grass-fed beef from local CO farms) - smothered in the hottest green chili sauce, with "Spanish Fries" (insert pun here).

A fellow one table over with six people did nothing but b**** and moan to this waitress, who also took care of Liz and I.

Merciless. His conversation was everything banal, and Liz had to grab me - because I wanted to clean this guy's clock, with my cane.

The guy said, "You got a problem?" I stood up, and he shut up. Needless to say, the guy paid a monstrous bill - and left our waitress a tip of three dollars. He was quiet when he left, anyway. :xD:

The waitress brought us our bill and to-go boxes, and she apologized for this @$$hat.

I took out my Mad Money, and tipped her $20. I said:

"Liz allowed me to do this. Have a very Happy Christmas." She teared up and said, "You have saved my day. Now, I can get my kid his Christmas present. Thank you so very much."

She gave Liz and I a hug, as we were leaving. Liz looked at me, and said:

"You holdout... but, you know I love you."

I said, "Age and treachery can overcome anything." I handed her a $50, and smiled.

Her response was, "Why, you -"

I stopped her with a kiss. Her eyes shone in the setting sun. She said, "You never cease to amaze me. Merry Christmas, baby."

Isn't that what this time of the year really means? We are just fleeting moments in the time and space continuum. We must perform good works in our lives, and remember that we are all brothers and sisters in the cosmos.

With love,
LW & Liz :hug:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Like, 'Tipping' isn't a province in China. After Liz's doctor appointment yesterday, we went to a restaurant with the best 'sloppers' in town (an open-faced 1/3 or 1/2 lb. hamburger - non-GMO, antibiotic-free, grass-fed beef from local CO farms) - smothered in the hottest green chili sauce, with "Spanish Fries" (insert pun here).

A fellow one table over with six people did nothing but b**** and moan to this waitress, who also took care of Liz and I.

Merciless. His conversation was everything banal, and Liz had to grab me - because I wanted to clean this guy's clock, with my cane.

The guy said, "You got a problem?" I stood up, and he shut up. Needless to say, the guy paid a monstrous bill - and left our waitress a tip of three dollars. He was quiet when he left, anyway. :xD:

The waitress brought us our bill and to-go boxes, and she apologized for this @$$hat.

I took out my Mad Money, and tipped her $20. I said:

"Liz allowed me to do this. Have a very Happy Christmas." She teared up and said, "You have saved my day. Now, I can get my kid his Christmas present. Thank you so very much."

She gave Liz and I a hug, as we were leaving. Liz looked at me, and said:

"You holdout... but, you know I love you."

I said, "Age and treachery can overcome anything." I handed her a $50, and smiled.

Her response was, "Why, you -"

I stopped her with a kiss. Her eyes shone in the setting sun. She said, "You never cease to amaze me. Merry Christmas, baby."

Isn't that what this time of the year really means? We are just fleeting moments in the time and space continuum. We must perform good works in our lives, and remember that we are all brothers and sisters in the cosmos.

With love,
LW & Liz :hug:
Ya people who stiff wait staff should never go back, ever.
After mom's surgery we went some place for chow, the neighboring table was seriously a gaggle of trash that should never have been let out of the basement.
They dined and dashed.
The manager found out that mom was back out of surgery, he comped the meal.
So I ducked out to hit the ATM and noticed the car the dine and ditchers got into with plate number.

Handed that to the manager and tipped the waitress a 50 to make up for what she lost out on.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evening everyone ! Been a rough week so I'm in and out lol. Kid's been doing good again for a few weeks. Hope it stays that way. Anyway I noticed he seems to be heading in the other direction. Even though he screws up here and there his clean time is getting longer than his using time and he hasn't given up yet. On that note have a good night everyone and see ya in the am.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ive been up an hour short of a full 24. I'm ping to sleep. mabey my nocturnal streak can be broken......

Watch me wake up at like noon and start the process over again lol cya

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors