Become a Patron!

Who has an Atlantis and actually likes it?!

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have one but so far I hate it. I have tried 3 different juices and they have all tasted so sweet I couldn't even vape them. It tasted like I was vaping a tank full of EM. And these juice makers don't even add sweetener to their mixes. The sweetness really took over the other flavors of the juice. I've tried varying the wattage from 20-50 on my Sigelei and it never made a difference.

Anyone else experiencing this?? Could it be bad coils??

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What is your experience with sub ohming? Reduced resistance in many cases can really amp up the flavour, especially at higher wattage settings. I have one and truly feel that it is an excellent way for people to experience sub ohm vaping without having to fanny about with rebuilding. I like my Atlantis quite a bit.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What franciscan said. I have juices that I loved on my other clearos, but when using in RBAs or RDAs I tasted flavors I did not previously notice and cant use them in most of my attys.

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I run all my genesis tanks around .2-.3ohms and I just redid the coils in my Stillare and its sitting around .15ohms. So I have plenty that is much lower than my Atlantis coil.

And its not even that its amping up the flavor, the sweet/sugary, taste/feeling completely overpowers the flavor of the juice. So I'm left with not much flavor at all. Its not completely gone but its not like in my genesis.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That is what I ran into when dripping. I still tasted the old flavors, but I found new ones. For me my jolly rancher juice had new menthol flavors that I can't stand.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I run all my genesis tanks around .2-.3ohms and I just redid the coils in my Stillare and its sitting around .15ohms. So I have plenty that is much lower than my Atlantis coil.

And its not even that its amping up the flavor, the sweet/sugary, taste/feeling completely overpowers the flavor of the juice. So I'm left with not much flavor at all. Its not completely gone but its not like in my genesis.
You have got some impressive grapes to run a genny at those numbers! Hats off to ye. I run my gennys at .7 on tubular mechs.

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You have got some impressive grapes to run a genny at those numbers! Hats off to ye. I run my gennys at .7 on tubular mechs.

With a stainless steel wick and ekowool sleeve they have no problem keeping up either. Plus, I like my vape on the warmer side of things. Running them that low is what allowed me to go down to 6mg nic and actually enjoy it. :) The RSST's are only ~3ml so they do burn through some juice.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
With a stainless steel wick and ekowool sleeve they have no problem keeping up either. Plus, I like my vape on the warmer side of things. Running them that low is what allowed me to go down to 6mg nic and actually enjoy it. :) The RSST's are only ~3ml so they do burn through some juice.
Nice. I run basic 24g micros at .7....wicked with Japanese Cotton. I would prefer to coil with 22g but the Sat22 does not give up a lot of space underneath the cap.

I like the atlantis, but I'm new to this vape thing, got a kanger mini, a kanger turbo and the atlantis
seems pretty legit for a tank

have not really tried rebuildables yet, but for tanks good stuff I think

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have an Aspire Nautilus Mini (which I think uses to same coils. Please tell me if I'm wrong) and I get great flavor from it. If I want to taste my eLiquid pure and flavorful, I put it in my Aspire Nautilus Mini.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They are the same basic style Laurel, but the Atlantis coils are much bigger and use heavier gauge wire to lower the resistance of the coil.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They are the same basic style Laurel, but the Atlantis coils are much bigger and use heavier gauge wire to lower the resistance of the coil.
Ah, okay. Thanks.

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, it must have been the juice that I was using. I have switch juices for a 4th time and this time I got something that works. I threw in some Key Lime Cookie from Ripe Vapes and it tastes awesome in the Atlantis.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What is your experience with sub ohming? Reduced resistance in many cases can really amp up the flavour, especially at higher wattage settings. I have one and truly feel that it is an excellent way for people to experience sub ohm vaping without having to fanny about with rebuilding. I like my Atlantis quite a bit.
Why didn't you tell me you got one? You know I copy everything you do, except buggering young boys:p!

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have an Aspire Nautilus Mini (which I think uses to same coils. Please tell me if I'm wrong) and I get great flavor from it. If I want to taste my eLiquid pure and flavorful, I put it in my Aspire Nautilus Mini.
Hi, Laurel! I don't believe we've met. My name is muth and welcome to the forum. When I'm done being serious about vaping education I usually take a break in the Alternate Universe thread for some fun and laughs. Pay a visit; most of us don't bite:D

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi, Laurel! I don't believe we've met. My name is muth and welcome to the forum. When I'm done being serious about vaping education I usually take a break in the Alternate Universe thread for some fun and laughs. Pay a visit; most of us don't bite:D
Thanks for the welcome. I'll definitely check out the Alternate Universe!

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had a Nautilus for quite some time and loved it from the beginning. However, what I don't like about Aspire products is their exclusiveness. You can't use any coils but theirs. When I found out about the Silo and the Davide I decided to step out of the much advertised Aspire Empire box and try something different. I use the Silo more than the Nautilus and I'm waiting for the Davide to arrive. The Silo is built like a brick shit house! Yes, it's a juice beast but that's because of it's enormous airflow options. Except for the .05 coils, the Atlantis design is a copycat of the Silo. It behooves me as to why I don't hear more people talking about this; except for the fact that Aspire must spend tons more money on advertising.

Both Silo and Davide take a list of multiple coils from different manufacturers including Aspire. And I still don't have a definitive price on the Atlantis replacement heads. Anyone know? If anyone has something to add to this, I'd love to hear it. I'm all for learning more about these products.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think there is a definitive price yet. A quick google nets $13.95 to $22.99 for a 5pk.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't think there is a definitive price yet. A quick google nets $13.95 to $22.99 for a 5pk.

I snagged 2 5pks for $30 shipped from the black friday sales from vaporcompany, normal price is $18.95 for a 5 pack, I'll be ok with the price, as long as they last and no duds.

Joeyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi, new to the forum. Thinking of buying an Atlantis. Aspire sells a sub ohm battery and a regulated mod that goes with it. Any thoughts or suggestions on something better to power that device?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i dont have mine yet, but here is a re wicking vid for it :)

vapedick

Member For 4 Years
Both Silo and Davide take a list of multiple coils from different manufacturers including Aspire. And I still don't have a definitive price on the Atlantis replacement heads. Anyone know? If anyone has something to add to this, I'd love to hear it. I'm all for learning more about these products.

Actually the Silo only takes aspire BDC or BVC coils. The beyond vape silo coils are aspire coils. Exactly the same.
Also, the Atlantis is not at all like the silo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Actually the Silo only takes aspire BDC or BVC coils. The beyond vape silo coils are aspire coils. Exactly the same.
Also, the Atlantis is not at all like the silo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
Ok ok, I stand corrected. I got lazy in my writing. The Davide takes the Aspire and several Kanger types. I don't remember saying that the Silo and Atlantis were synonymous; but I do remember saying that the exterior design of the Atlantis is a replica of the Silo's exterior design (with the exception of the Silo's ss top extending further down the pyrex tank). And, of course, the cyclops airflow is larger on the Atlantis because it is sub-ohming and cloud chucking.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like the atlantis, but I'm new to this vape thing, got a kanger mini, a kanger turbo and the atlantis
seems pretty legit for a tank

have not really tried rebuildables yet, but for tanks good stuff I think
Yes, it's a great way to dip your toes into the world of sub-ohming w/o having to do your own builds.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, it's a great way to dip your toes into the world of sub-ohming w/o having to do your own builds.

and they can be rebuilt, if you want to take the time to learn :p

haha!! :D <3 it!! :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have one but so far I hate it. I have tried 3 different juices and they have all tasted so sweet I couldn't even vape them. It tasted like I was vaping a tank full of EM. And these juice makers don't even add sweetener to their mixes. The sweetness really took over the other flavors of the juice. I've tried varying the wattage from 20-50 on my Sigelei and it never made a difference.

Anyone else experiencing this?? Could it be bad coils??
I have tried one the other day have not purchased one but will soon you are experiencing what @franciscan said sub ohm more flavor more everything
if you do not want it I will buy it from you send me a message

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have tried one the other day have not purchased one but will soon you are experiencing what @franciscan said sub ohm more flavor more everything
if you do not want it I will buy it from you send me a message

That's not it though. I subohm on my drippers and my genny tanks. The coils in those are well below the .5ohm in the Atlantis. I put some Key Lime Cookie in the Atlantis and I think its great now. Apparently I just won't like custards in the Atlantis.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's not it though. I subohm on my drippers and my genny tanks. The coils in those are well below the .5ohm in the Atlantis. I put some Key Lime Cookie in the Atlantis and I think its great now. Apparently I just won't like custards in the Atlantis.

I think custards are muted in anything but a dripper, personally. A year ago when I was first vaping custards I couldn't understand why a cartotank muted them so badly. I had the same problem with the Nautilus!

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think custards are muted in anything but a dripper, personally. A year ago when I was first vaping custards I couldn't understand why a cartotank muted them so badly. I had the same problem with the Nautilus!
Agreed!

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, the one thing that bugs me about it the "25mm wide" bit. Wont look right on any mod I own.
Yeah, that is an odd size, isn't it? It would have to go on a 26650 tube or a box built for "big boy" RDAs:D

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, that is an odd size, isn't it? It would have to go on a 26650 tube or a box built for "big boy" RDAs:D
Ive seen it on the RDNA, it looks pretty decent on that. I just dont think it holds a candle to the Atlantis.

I got my Atlantis online and I love it.
It's low maintenance like a cartomizer, but hits IMO like a RDA/RTA combined. Nothing as powerful of course, but it still holds its own.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You've tried it?
No, I havnt, so i may just blowin wind, but the airflow sure doesnt compare, and the chimney on the rebuildable attachment is pretty small, going to restrict airflow even further. Plus, i kinda like the look of the Atlantis vs the kanger, even without the 25mm thing

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, I havnt, so i may just blowin wind, but the airflow sure doesnt compare, and the chimney on the rebuildable attachment is pretty small, going to restrict airflow even further. Plus, i kinda like the look of the Atlantis vs the kanger, even without the 25mm thing
I keep saying how much the Atlantis looks like the 5ml Silo tank by Beyond Vape but people just want to yell at me! Have you seen it?

Reactions: Jah

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one shot of the Atlantis coil (left) told me pretty much all I need to know. That's the replaceable I would go for.

img_8415.jpg

Reactions: Jah

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I keep saying how much the Atlantis looks like the 5ml Silo tank by Beyond Vape but people just want to yell at me! Have you seen it?
I agree. They are very similar, although i do think that the silo edges it out a bit in the looks department. The atlantis is still a huge leap in the right direction stylistically, beats a nauti by a country mile. Who knows, maybe beyond vape will bring out a 3.5 ml remix of the atlantis and call it "The Mill"

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got my Atlantis yesterday and I'm loving it. Such strong flavor and amazing airflow. Makes the Nautilus tanks feel like I'm sucking on a tiny straw.
Going to suck having to use them for work after spending my weekend with the Atlantis. Maybe I'll finally get around to taking a drill and widening the air holes in it..

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I received mine the other day, and although it doesn't quite belt out the flavor like my modded fogger, or a dripper; its damn good for what it is. Certainly in a whole other league, and it just feels 'wrong', and insulting to even call it a clearo. Reminds me of the Lemo tank, but with a hair less flavor

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got my Atlantis yesterday and I'm loving it. Such strong flavor and amazing airflow. Makes the Nautilus tanks feel like I'm sucking on a tiny straw.
Going to suck having to use them for work after spending my weekend with the Atlantis. Maybe I'll finally get around to taking a drill and widening the air holes in it..
That's what I did. It helps

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So my 1st coil started tasting burnt after 6 days, so didn't last as long as expected, and was using a fruit flavor, so not a coil clogger, but it did give me the chance to try and rebuild one.

1st time I copied the diameter and amount of wraps using 24 gauge kanthal and it came out at 1.0ohm, not what I was aiming for, so tried a 2nd time, still used 24 gauge, but did a smaller diameter and only 6 wraps and came out to 0.56ohms, so close to what the stock coils are.

Will say even though I did match the resistance of the stock coil, it is not quite as good as the stock coil, and compared to kanger heads I do for my wife, these are a pain to do, you can't just re-wick them easily, so hoping the price come down pretty fast on the stock coils, because I don't think it is worth the trouble to rebuild them.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So my 1st coil started tasting burnt after 6 days, so didn't last as long as expected, and was using a fruit flavor, so not a coil clogger, but it did give me the chance to try and rebuild one.

1st time I copied the diameter and amount of wraps using 24 gauge kanthal and it came out at 1.0ohm, not what I was aiming for, so tried a 2nd time, still used 24 gauge, but did a smaller diameter and only 6 wraps and came out to 0.56ohms, so close to what the stock coils are.

Will say even though I did match the resistance of the stock coil, it is not quite as good as the stock coil, and compared to kanger heads I do for my wife, these are a pain to do, you can't just re-wick them easily, so hoping the price come down pretty fast on the stock coils, because I don't think it is worth the trouble to rebuild them.
Thanks for the info. Do u think, by any chance that you were running it to high? I've actually forgot to adjust my wattage on my DNA box when switching from an RDA to a tank and almost popped a coil! But I'm a dodo brain:p

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the info. Do u think, by any chance that you were running it to high? I've actually forgot to adjust my wattage on my DNA box when switching from an RDA to a tank and almost popped a coil! But I'm a dodo brain:p

Well it is meant to be vaped between 20 and 30 watts, and I have been vaping mine at 25 watts, so been in the middle of what is recommended.

It didn't look really bad when took it apart, bit of blackness in the middle, probably could of made it last a day or 2 more, but thought I would take the advantage of trying to rebuild it while had the time.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm curious @Nailz whether you boiled the coil when it started to taste burnt. Helps greatly with cleaning out the ceramic wick in the BVC and extending coil life. Wondering if it does the same with the Atlantis coils.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm curious @Nailz whether you boiled the coil when it started to taste burnt. Helps greatly with cleaning out the ceramic wick in the BVC and extending coil life. Wondering if it does the same with the Atlantis coils.

No I didn't, but will give that a try when I use my next stock coil, thanks for the idea :)

VU Sponsors