Become a Patron!

Who has an Atlantis and actually likes it?!

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Going to suck having to use them for work after spending my weekend with the Atlantis.

lol, so much for that comment. I love this thing so much I haven't even touched my Nautilus tanks since getting it. Even been taking it to work with me. Goes threw juice fast though so also have to fill it 2-3 times a day, but it's worth it. 5 days so far and the coil is still working perfectly. So much airflow, so much vapor, and it's a lot warmer then the Nautilus provided plus has great flavor. Even coworkers can smell it and ask about it. Have used a different flavor every day and trying to decide what flavor I want to experience next has become a hard choice. Cotton Candy from MBV was today's choice, it was great. Tomorrow will be a Vanilla Custard from a local shop.

Running it around 30 watts on an Sigelei 100watt box with 2x 35amp 2500 mah efast purples and the batteries last 2 days.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Finally filled mine up last night, and cranked it to 35 watts. All i can say is WOW.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow that is a good deal for not being a china site, if FT hadn't got the cloned ones in today, I would of jumped on that deal, bookmarked for future use though :)
Yea, I also got another Atlantis for the wife and another iStick for my brother's xmas present. Good thing he doesn't know my alias:D

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nice whooshy airflow, eh?
More airflow than most of my drippers; save the Mutation X.. I'm not kidding, and the flavor is superb.

Anyone who tries to say this doesn't give rba flavor is kidding himself; because he still wants to justify the hobby of building.

It's so good it pissed me off for that reason alone quite frankly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got a feeling that the larger manufacturers are going for the RDA market with these great fill n vape clearo's. Kanger is going all the way with a rebuild-able head, they will capture a good portion of the market if it's is any good. Even Joyetech is getting into the game with a RTA head for the eGrip. The manufacturers finally figured out that there is a sizable market for cloud chasing. Last week I gave my brother an old copper nemi clone I had with a clone cryptex and showed him how to build it. He loves it, boy is he going to be stoked with his Christmas present!

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Zamazam

My buddy just did his follow up review on the Kangertech Subtank this morning

Seems like they made a huge improvement to the coil head design.

Neither of these would replace the hobby aspect of rebuilding for me, but it's very nice to have reliable fill up and go options, that produce a truly satisfying vape

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This does give me RBA flavor compared to my kayfun and squape, but not my billow.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This does give me RBA flavor compared to my kayfun and squape, but not my billow.
It's good enough; that I won't mind taking only it, a pack of heads, a VW device, and some juice for my next long distance road trip, or vacation. My g/f can keep the tank full while I drive lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's good enough; that I won't mind taking only it, a pack of heads, a VW device, and some juice for my next long distance road trip, or vacation.

My thought exactly @ButtKickers. Gonna get one for traveling to avoid bringing any RBA gear. Otherwise don't need it. :D

Last edited:

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, I also got another Atlantis for the wife and another iStick for my brother's xmas present. Good thing he doesn't know my alias:D
Shit man the jokes on you !!! Their gonna recognize your picture.

Cori

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOVE it. Doubt i'll be doing any rebuilding for a while. Toss it on my Sig100 and set it to 45w, use the 2nd smallest hole and vape all day. I also bought the CF Sub Ohm "Mod" from aspire and love it as well. I use it rather than my Sigelei100 when i'm out and about. Great tank and aspire really has changed the game with this one.

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've had a Nautilus for quite some time and loved it from the beginning. However, what I don't like about Aspire products is their exclusiveness. You can't use any coils but theirs. When I found out about the Silo and the Davide I decided to step out of the much advertised Aspire Empire box and try something different. I use the Silo more than the Nautilus and I'm waiting for the Davide to arrive. The Silo is built like a brick shit house! Yes, it's a juice beast but that's because of it's enormous airflow options. Except for the .05 coils, the Atlantis design is a copycat of the Silo. It behooves me as to why I don't hear more people talking about this; except for the fact that Aspire must spend tons more money on advertising.

Both Silo and Davide take a list of multiple coils from different manufacturers including Aspire. And I still don't have a definitive price on the Atlantis replacement heads. Anyone know? If anyone has something to add to this, I'd love to hear it. I'm all for learning more about these products.

hey sweetvapes.com has them for 14.99.waiting for them to get here but good price.these will be easy to rebuild soon as I have some used ones to redo.im fixin to try to just change the cotton out of the stock one.with the heavy gauge wire its easier to tear apart then put back together cuz the wire doesn't bend so easy on the way back together.just have to get the gunk off the original coil from what the vid said.ill find out soon...sorry for being rude and not introducing myself.just tryin to pass on a good deal.my names Rick anyways and happy vaping and Merry Christmas all!

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hey sweetvapes.com has them for 14.99.waiting for them to get here but good price.these will be easy to rebuild soon as I have some used ones to redo.im fixin to try to just change the cotton out of the stock one.with the heavy gauge wire its easier to tear apart then put back together cuz the wire doesn't bend so easy on the way back together...ya know what I mean.sorry for being rude and not introducing myself.just tryin to pass on a good deal.my names Rick anyways and happy vaping and Merry Christmas all!
Thanks dog! nice of you, I'm gonna check it out

MadderMartigan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol, so much for that comment. I love this thing so much I haven't even touched my Nautilus tanks since getting it. Even been taking it to work with me. Goes threw juice fast though so also have to fill it 2-3 times a day, but it's worth it. 5 days so far and the coil is still working perfectly. So much airflow, so much vapor, and it's a lot warmer then the Nautilus provided plus has great flavor. Even coworkers can smell it and ask about it. Have used a different flavor every day and trying to decide what flavor I want to experience next has become a hard choice. Cotton Candy from MBV was today's choice, it was great. Tomorrow will be a Vanilla Custard from a local shop.

Running it around 30 watts on an Sigelei 100watt box with 2x 35amp 2500 mah efast purples and the batteries last 2 days.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is your experience with sub ohming? Reduced resistance in many cases can really amp up the flavour, especially at higher wattage settings. I have one and truly feel that it is an excellent way for people to experience sub ohm vaping without having to fanny about with rebuilding. I like my Atlantis quite a bit.
My sister got her first 18650 mech for her birthday..she's brand new at dripping and thinks its sorta messy.. Do you think the Atlantis would be a good switch for her? How long do the coils last before needing changing? Thanks in advance!

from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes, I think she would like it. It is not as good as a dripper, but it is as close as you can get without building. If she vapes on the go much, I think this would be nice. If she vapes mostly at home where dripping is not a problem, I don't know how often she would switch them out.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, I think she would like it. It is not as good as a dripper, but it is as close as you can get without building. If she vapes on the go much, I think this would be nice. If she vapes mostly at home where dripping is not a problem, I don't know how often she would switch them out.
Based on your advise I just ordered her one from Discount Vapers for $39..didn't order any extra coils as I thought she should see if she likes it first. I hope it can handle the thicker VG juices we use
for dripping without getting a dry hit..anyway, thanks for your reply

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use 80/20 VG/PG in mine. Make sure the holes line up with the gaps. I found if I screw in my coil then fill it to allow adding more juice the holes don't line up and the vape suffers. But screw it in the base, add juice, screw on the base and make sure the holes line up and I have used 100%vg with no issues.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use 80/20 VG/PG in mine. Make sure the holes line up with the gaps. I found if I screw in my coil then fill it to allow adding more juice the holes don't line up and the vape suffers. But screw it in the base, add juice, screw on the base and make sure the holes line up and I have used 100%vg with no issues.
Could you post a pic of how the holes should line up? Thx!

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My problem is I'm getting little to NO flavor whatsoever. Should've gotten the Kanger SubTank.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My problem is I'm getting little to NO flavor whatsoever. Should've gotten the Kanger SubTank.
Don't know about that as my brother got one and hates it..oddball size and issues with dry hits.. he hates it

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't know about that as my brother got one and hates it..oddball size and issues with dry hits.. he hates it

Have you tried it set to the smallest airflow setting?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried it set to the smallest airflow setting?
Well I don't have the Kanger sub tank, but my brother does and hates it..I believe he's tried all the airhole settings and gets dry hits running 50/50 juice.
He's gone back to using his zenith RDA dripping..given up on the Kanger...was a mistake to buy it according to him..oh well..I'll tell him about the Atlantis when we get it...

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try the 2nd smallest air hole and remove that big horking tip and use a small hole tip like the nautilus for example. At 30 to 35 watts the flavor is very good IMHO

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Try the 2nd smallest air hole and remove that big horking tip and use a small hole tip like the nautilus for example. At 30 to 35 watts the flavor is very good IMHO
I've tried both together. Still nothing. I'm baffled.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've tried both together. Still nothing. I'm baffled.
Go back to dripping maybe..works great 100% of the time with the right build..
Got a Atlantis on the way..and indeed if it isn't up to snuff we will go back to dripping as well...

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Different people have different flavor needs so no one way for all thats for sure. For me I get lots of flavor from the Atlantis but its not really to my liking. The same juice at 35 watts and .5 ohms compared in my orchid is hugely better for flavor. In my Taifun GT or GS same juice at 15 watts 1.8 ohms is likewise better flavor. I find myself using the orchid and taifun all the time and the Atlantis just sits there. Istick with Nautilus goes with me just incase.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was hoping the Atlantis will work good for my sister as she just got her first mech mod for her birthday..she drips now but thinks it's messy. Lol
I drip mostly myself but I also like RTA's like the kayfun, seen here on the Provari's ..they're great for flavor but air is a little tight for me to lung hit it..be anxious to see what the Atlantis can do for us when it gets here
833ad315ad462f2db957bc05a61f5e92.jpg

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The flavor has more to do with the juice and personal preference then being an Atlantis issue.
I like most of my juices more in my Atlantis, but I have found a few that I thought were better when used in the Nautilus.

I've had a Nautilus for quite some time and loved it from the beginning. However, what I don't like about Aspire products is their exclusiveness. You can't use any coils but theirs. When I found out about the Silo and the Davide I decided to step out of the much advertised Aspire Empire box and try something different. I use the Silo more than the Nautilus and I'm waiting for the Davide to arrive. The Silo is built like a brick shit house! Yes, it's a juice beast but that's because of it's enormous airflow options. Except for the .05 coils, the Atlantis design is a copycat of the Silo. It behooves me as to why I don't hear more people talking about this; except for the fact that Aspire must spend tons more money on advertising.

Both Silo and Davide take a list of multiple coils from different manufacturers including Aspire. And I still don't have a definitive price on the Atlantis replacement heads. Anyone know? If anyone has something to add to this, I'd love to hear it. I'm all for learning more about these products.
Fast tech lists atlantis coils for $5.88 for a 5 pk. but they are out of stock right now.

Have you tried leaving the coil screwed in when filling it? Then you can fill it all the way up. If the coil comes out with the bottom, take it out of the bottom and tighten it into the tank.

Last edited:

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Could you post a pic of how the holes should line up? Thx!

Keeping in mind, this is more important with thicker juice:

Lined up correctly
upload_2014-12-18_16-19-5.png

Lined up poorly
upload_2014-12-18_16-18-38.png

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fast tech lists atlantis coils for $5.88 for a 5 pk. but they are out of stock right now.
Take note of the date of this post:)kinda old! Yeah, I saw the FT coils, they're not the authentic, but FT has those, as well, for around $14.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Keeping in mind, this is more important with thicker juice:

Lined up correctly
View attachment 10754

Lined up poorly
View attachment 10753
that makes a lot of sense, but i have also heard that the grooves were not for juice flow control, but to add some surface tension so that a bit more juice could fit in the tank. If you look from the side, there is quite a bit of room between the tabs and the wicking holes. Not sure if its enough for flow, but i do keep my holes lined up...just in case 8)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does the Atlantis have a protruding pin long enough to work on a hybrid top cap?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that makes a lot of sense, but i have also heard that the grooves were not for juice flow control, but to add some surface tension so that a bit more juice could fit in the tank. If you look from the side, there is quite a bit of room between the tabs and the wicking holes. Not sure if its enough for flow, but i do keep my holes lined up...just in case 8)

Lining up the holes has no effect on juice migration to the coil. I've done a lot of testing on this and even with max VG there is plenty of space between the chimney crown and coil for juice to keep the coil saturated. If it makes some feel better about it then fine, but there is no real reason to be concerned with the hole indexing the open spaces of the crown.

Reactions: Jah

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
23061c29258da924fe5c59a369ea5ff6.jpg

I just got mine in the mail.. So far I'm not too impressed..supplied coil is .6..not the .5 ohms its advertised at..hits are airy and weak.. Hard to fill it all the way up also..
Like I said, I'm not too impressed with it at all...

Last edited:

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When I first used mine, the hits were drying out faster than I would expect and the vape was suffering. This was with 100vg. When I changed it to line up by screwing the coil on the base instead of the chimney it helped. Maybe it was a coincidence though.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does the Atlantis have a protruding pin long enough to work on a hybrid top cap?

Edit
To make the pin protrude for use in my hybrid top cap I found that if I screw the the coil down into the base TIGHT first it protrudes just enough to work...my thick VG juice may have something to do with the lame airy hits...or something else haven't figured out yet, but I'm working on it

Last edited:

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I first used mine, the hits were drying out faster than I would expect and the vape was suffering. This was with 100vg. When I changed it to line up by screwing the coil on the base instead of the chimney it helped. Maybe it was a coincidence though.

These coils have a lot of wicking material I've noticed and can take a bit to get fully saturated. Some folks say to start vaping a new coil at a lower wattage to break it in, which is a very good idea but the reason is not to break the coil in. In my experience they don't need any break in period, but wicking will happen very quickly if you heat up the coil since it thins the juice and makes it saturate quickly. So by starting at around 11watts until you get good vapor coming out it will fully saturate the wick without burning any of the wicking material. And don't take really long puffs even at 11 watts until the coil is saturated. Of course at 11watts it won't be blowing clouds, but this is just to get the coil full of juice. After the head is fully saturated it will keep up with juice flow great (and the heat of the coil is a big reason this happens). This happens quickly, so you shouldn't have to take more than 5 to 10 puffs at low wattage to get the coil working well, and these puffs should be done fairly quickly with a short rest between puffs so some heat remains in the coil (but not hot). I'm making this sound difficult, but it really isn't and only takes a minute or two.

I have found that just letting cool juice sit in the tank can really take a long time to saturate the coil, and this is especially true with high VG juices. And if you don't fully saturate the wick before putting 30watts or above to it, there is a very good chance of burning the wicking material. And burned wicks never unburn, so that will be a nasty coil the rest of it's life.

Anyway, this has been my experience... YMMV, but it has worked for me to quickly get a new coil vaping great with the atlantis.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I read on another forum this wicking material is ceramic fibre and won't burn..in a video on YouTube (I think),a guy pulled the wicking material and put a propane torch to it..it glowed white hot but did not burn..I just put a new coil in and filled it with the thick 100% VG juice I use dripping.. Taking a hit without firing the coil I could see little bubbles coming up from the four juice slots..gonna let it stand for an hour and take my first hit...hope its better than the first time. BTW, this second coil ohmed a little closer to specs at .54...the first coil I tried was .61...will see how it goes

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The wicking material will certainly burn, it just doesn't burn as easily as cotton. But if the wick is dry enough and enough heat is applied by the coil it will absolutely burn. I hope someday there is a wicking material that can be used for vaping that doesn't burn, that would be great.

You can also put a couple of drops on the coil before putting the tank together and that will help the initial wicking process.

VU Sponsors