Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Make America bitter again?

No silly buns.

back.jpg

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sounds delicious! You could even put them in a taco shell mold and either oven bake them with a light coating of oil and seasoning of choice or good old fashioned deep fry them in the mold to make hard shell tacos with them.
I really miss flank steak! Havent used it since I ran this little tex-mex place in town. I used to marinade it in oil, garlic, lime juice, and a very little bit of worcestershire and soya. Was delicious for fajitas!
Jup ya could. I think I'd just like the bit of crunch folding them like a soft taco. Love flank steak. and it used to be cheap, til folks started figuring out that you could make it good and tender if you cooked and cut it right. Then it got more expensive. :gaah:

That's the beast I had back in Orygun that ran no matter how badly I abused it ... ... until it came to South Dakota...
hmmmmmm maybe if y'all move all yur stuff will work again :D

but we don't have a jicama store about here.
now that just aint right! Everyone should have a jicama store. But since ya don't, look for sumpthin like this in yur regular store if the sign says jicama, it just might work in a pinch :D

upload_2017-5-1_16-58-35.jpeg

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
now that just aint right! Everyone should have a jicama store. But since ya don't, look for sumpthin like this in yur regular store if the sign says jicama, it just might work in a pinch

I am gonner check the next time we go shopping. Or local chain has a great produce department, but I wouldn't call it "culturally diverse" either.

Last edited:

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yum! I love pork carnitas! I used to make them in a sizzling skillet with orange salsa. Probably not the proper way but damn they wuz good!
<hangs head> well these came from a quicky mart, but they really do have some pretty decent tacos there. I'm certain yours were much better. I'd love to have some done the right way some time.

Now on food network they are doin yet another place that is making mofongo. That is another thing I would love to try! It looks sooooooooo good.

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have some wonderful news. Y'all prolly don't know, but my son has suffered from a blocked urethra for about 8 years. He's had either 6 or 7 surgeries to correct it, and of course, each surgery causes more scar tissue. Always within a month or two it would begin to block up again.

Well, neither of us can remember exactly when the last surgery was, but we're within a month or two of it being a year or just past a year. praise God that it appears finally, that this last surgery has worked!! It hasn't even begun to block up again!! I am so grateful! Just goes to show........whatever you're going through........or how impossible it seems....... don't give up!!

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
<hangs head> well these came from a quicky mart, but they really do have some pretty decent tacos there. I'm certain yours were much better. I'd love to have some done the right way some time.

Now on food network they are doin yet another place that is making mofongo. That is another thing I would love to try! It looks sooooooooo good.

Never heard of Mofongo but looks interesting, though Im not much for plantains.

To be honest I dont exactly know the traditional way to make carnitas but I do know that the word "carnita" literally means little meat, so there may not even be a "right way".

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have some wonderful news. Y'all prolly don't know, but my son has suffered from a blocked urethra for about 8 years. He's had either 6 or 7 surgeries to correct it, and of course, each surgery causes more scar tissue. Always within a month or two it would begin to block up again.

Well, neither of us can remember exactly when the last surgery was, but we're within a month or two of it being a year or just past a year. praise God that it appears finally, that this last surgery has worked!! It hasn't even begun to block up again!! I am so grateful! Just goes to show........whatever you're going through........or how impossible it seems....... don't give up!!

Thats great news! Congratulations!!!!!!

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To be honest I dont exactly know the traditional way to make carnitas but I do know that the word "carnita" literally means little meat, so there may not even be a "right way".
Most of the time when I've seen it done by mexicans (on food network not in person) it's cooked in lard in a huge kettle, and basically boiled/braised in the fat. They add orange juice, spices, sweetened condensed milk and some other stuff, don't recall it all. But cook it til it gets good and crispy

Thats great news! Congratulations!!!!!!
Thanks! I think about it a lot, but was almost afraid to say anything. We've dealt with this so long it still seems unreal....... but it's real!!

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of the time when I've seen it done by mexicans (on food network not in person) it's cooked in lard in a huge kettle, and basically boiled/braised in the fat. They add orange juice, spices, sweetened condensed milk and some other stuff, don't recall it all. But cook it til it gets good and crispy
at least I think this is carnitas, I might be confusing it with another dish

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Thanks! I think about it a lot, but was almost afraid to say anything. We've dealt with this so long it still seems unreal....... but it's real!!
Well I got the orange part right....I just made salsa with it lol

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, sorry Deb! I went to bed pretty much right after my last message. I was watchhing a movie and didnt realize how late it was. The little lady slept here last night so I was able to sleep in a bit while she watched cartoons this morning.
oh no biggie, the green thingy was on your avatar, so thought you were still on. Glad you got to sleep in a bit. I remember those days, my son would watch cartoons, and if I got to sleep in real good, I'd wake up and he'd be watching golf. He was fascinated by it when he was like 4 or 5. I don't know if it was the golf itself, or the soothing announcer voice or what.

Making a big party platter for work?
I don't mind missin that party :teehee:

Mornin y'all

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
ROTF!!!
Funny thing is, I never smelled Tabitha's farts until I quit smoking. :D:cloud:
I'm not cutting any cheese today anyway. Been working on this stupid stored procedure for almost a week now! ugh................so many tables. My brain. My poor, poor brain.:confused:

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Howdy y'al!

uhmmmmmm Darth, I just realized what the time stamp was....... 5:12 am here, I think that's what 7:12 yur time? That is NOT sleepin in!!
HAHAHA yup 7 IS sleeping in for me when Ive got her with me. The way our schedule works we have daily access which means Im up no later than 6am every day. An extra hour of sleep is always welcome! Usually I only have the opportunity to sleep any later than 6am twice every 2 weeks.

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Howdy y'al!

HAHAHA yup 7 IS sleeping in for me when Ive got her with me. The way our schedule works we have daily access which means Im up no later than 6am every day. An extra hour of sleep is always welcome! Usually I only have the opportunity to sleep any later than 6am twice every 2 weeks.
Howdy darlin! I do not miss the 6 am wake up call at all. But for me it was 6:30 when I was workin. Don't really remember what time my son would get up when he was her age.

I'm gonna poke Ozzy in the nose if he don't quit runnin in and out.......worse than any kid. Geeze, he's wearin me out. lol I wanna just leave him out there, but then he looks at me through the window with those.....uhmmm yeah.... puppy dog eyes, and I can't do it. :facepalm:

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL! Deb, you think puppy dog eyes are bad, you should see "sad eyes" on a cow. With the pastures coming in now, the cows have been at best picking through their hay, and then leaving most of it, and as much as it costs, we get tired of them wasting it, so now they only get some in the evening, but none in the morning anymore. Cricket's OK with the new plan, but Helen... Helen is shall we say, in "extremely good condition" (that means FAT) and she's not happy with just grass. She goes out in the morning after she has her (very small) treat of alfalfa pellets, then comes right back in the barn to tell me that Daddy forgot to put her hay out for her. Very sad face and all. :( We just sit there, doing nothing, and she turns up the volume on the sad face. Oh, the EYES! It's so hard to resist her, but truthfully, she could lose 3 or 4 HUNDRED pounds, so we've had to be tough. Sometimes we just have to leave the barn before she breaks down our resolve. She is such a spoiled diva...

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL! Deb, you think puppy dog eyes are bad, you should see "sad eyes" on a cow. With the pastures coming in now, the cows have been at best picking through their hay, and then leaving most of it, and as much as it costs, we get tired of them wasting it, so now they only get some in the evening, but none in the morning anymore. Cricket's OK with the new plan, but Helen... Helen is shall we say, in "extremely good condition" (that means FAT) and she's not happy with just grass. She goes out in the morning after she has her (very small) treat of alfalfa pellets, then comes right back in the barn to tell me that Daddy forgot to put her hay out for her. Very sad face and all. :( We just sit there, doing nothing, and she turns up the volume on the sad face. Oh, the EYES! It's so hard to resist her, but truthfully, she could lose 3 or 4 HUNDRED pounds, so we've had to be tough. Sometimes we just have to leave the barn before she breaks down our resolve. She is such a spoiled diva...
lol I can imagine! Cows have such gorgeous eyes.

speakin of eyes.......can't keep mine open. would love to go lay down but Ozzy is already asleep on the couch, and I'm too much of a softy to crate him. :rolleyes: so couch nap it is. heck I've slept on it since Sat, have only gotten in my bed once this am from 6:30 to 9 am when the lawn man came knockin on the front door. Thought it was my son knockin on my bedroom door, and kept yellin for him to come in :facepalm:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Deb this is fantastic news!!!!! Yeah! Praise God!!!! Yippie!!!!

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:rolleyes:

No accidents, no injuries, wow, that has to be a first, I did however come close to smashing my whole face into a tree at very high speeds down the pro slope, for pro's, I ain't one of them and Emmy was flapping about me going down it, boy was it fast, probably best not to think about what would of happened if I had hit that tree, :bomb:.

It was only for a lump of soft snow that bounced my ski's off course and that's how I avoided it, pure adrenaline rush and I made it to the bottom just fine.

Had a really nice time, nice food and of course where ever I go, it's always the best company with Emmy x

Nope, you must be wondering, any vape gear ? Not bought a single thing, still no need too, still have the perfect setup.

I did get a few things from China to review though, some RDA from augvape, as you know, I don't really do RDA's and a Cleito 120 tank that I tried today that wasn't half bad, really nice flavor from it actually.

Kids back at school now and we have to clean this place up again, ever single window has seagull shit on it, they must of watched us leave and then let loose.

I left the air vents on the top of the bedroom window open so all the sand has blown in (I'll get Emmy to do that) but apart from that we are going to have a chilling out day, I cleaned the hot tub yesterday and now it's fully heated up so when the little one is at nursery we'll dive in their with a few drinks and watch the people walk down the beach in their coats lol

How your all well n dandy

(No Pro Slope jokes please :p)

VU Sponsors