Become a Patron!

WTF is up with these rogue cops??

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
73 year old retired cop, reserve officer shot his gun,and killed a guy because he thought he was using his tazer. Didn't know the difference?????????????????????????
This happend here in oakland as well. Shot the kid in the back while he was on the ground.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This was on camera, the dude was on the ground with a cop on top and several others close by, the dude was caught he didn't need to be hit with a stun gun or anything. How stupid do you have to be to not know the difference between your gun and your stun gun. And once face down on the ground with a cop on top of you, WHY do you even need to be tazed? They just charged the shooter with 2nd degree manslaughter.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This happend here in oakland as well. Shot the kid in the back while he was on the ground.
The one at the Fruitvale Bart station? That was captured by multiple people using mobile phones. I think the transportation cop only got a year or so after he was convicted.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to have to stop reading this thread, I have borderline Blood Pressure problems and reading this $#1t is pushing it too far.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In my experience, where I live it's hit or miss. You don't have to comply with everything an officer asks you to do, for example if you're parked in a car without the engine running and no illegal substances are visible, you don't have to roll down your window and speak to them. Hell, you don't have to speak to them at all, ever. Whatever you say will be used against you, even "I didn't do it". If there's nothing in open view and no one is in distress, cops are like vampires, you have to invite them in. Cops can be as cool as the nicest guy you ever met or the biggest prick you've ever met. It's just like any normal civilian. I've had cops tell me to just go home when I was obviously intoxicated in public and one tell me he was going to kick me in the chest as soon as he got out of the car because "I looked like a young punk".
Don't resist and don't speak, if something goes down its on them. As far as criminal characters? I don't know ONE person who has ever not broken the law, minimal as speeding or going out to eat after you had one too many. That's bullshit, every person runs the risk of officer involvement.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The one at the Fruitvale Bart station? That was captured by multiple people using mobile phones. I think the transportation cop only got a year or so after he was convicted.
Yup, actually he got time served. So as soon as the trial was over, he was released.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Maybe there are other lines of work where on might expect this:

Quote:
More than half of the 114 deaths were due to some form of assault and were non-accidental. They include two police officers who died as a result of assault, 46 killed by gunfire, including NYPD Officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu; and 10 killed in vehicular assaults, which totals to 58 of the 114, or 50.87 percent.

Source:
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/114-police-killed-duty-2014-46-were-shot-death

We ask them to protect us, and they need to protect themselves.

Again, there are OBVIOUSLY some bad cops who do terrible crimes. But it is a pretty dangerous job.
Perhaps you should look at some REAL statistics. Cops dying isn't at the top of the death list.
http://www.bls.gov/iif/oshwc/cfoi/cftb0277.pdf

Looks like several other sectors have a lot more death. Even restaurant workers have a high death rate.

Maybe cops are cops, because fast food is too dangerous for them..... o_O

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Seen this before. The guy is absolutely right.

Lets be real here. The cops you are not friends with, ARE NOT your friends. They are employed to arrest citizens and issue tickets. If you have ANY contact with them outside a REAL friendship, you ARE a suspect for something. You are smart if you just lawyer up and shut up. Doesn't matter how innocent you are either.

It's none of their business where I came from, where I am going, or what I have in my trunk. Fuck them. Just like it's none of my business, if they were jacking off in the shower that morning.

pcrdude

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All these posts have merit. If you're not doing anything wrong, obey lawful commands, and most likely things will work out well.

If you are breaking the law in some way, it gets into a gray area.

I have had encounters with good poiice and bad police, while doing wrong, and not doing wrong. All in all, there is only one incident of impropriety by the police in my experience. And that situation was quite bad. In the end, the legal system tends to work out the bad behavior in a numer of was. As it was in mine.

I agree with Chis rock. Don't do crimes, and obey lawful commands. Work it all out later in the judicial system.

I even won where a bad cop had his hooks in me, and he was later forced to leave.

IMHO, most cops are good, but like any other "group" of people there are some bad ones. Unfortunately, a bad cop can put a world of hurt on ANYONE...

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My experience with cops: ride a bike slickback, no problems...ride same bike while flying a club patch, get fucked with...fuck cops...

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
by the way i googled it and 607 were killed by police in 2012 while there were
133 police deaths that year so its still way in favor of the citizen
What a bizarre way to rationalize the murder of 600 people by the police.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do have friends and family in law enforcement, but I fear being hurt or killed by cops more than I fear being hurt or killed by criminals.
Lmao. Well, I'm a helpful guy so here's a solution to your predicament. Commit a crime and get locked up so you can live in there with the criminals that make you feel safe instead of out here around these cops you live in fear of.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do live around the criminals, the ones that live on the outside, the ones smart enough to not get caught or have enough money to buy their way out of trouble.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do live around the criminals, the ones that live on the outside, the ones smart enough to not get caught or have enough money to buy their way out of trouble.
True, but who's worried about them? There's a clear and present danger tight there in your neighborhood. Cops. I'm trying to protect you from them.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
True, but who's worried about them? There's a clear and present danger tight there in your neighborhood. Cops. I'm trying to protect you from them.
With your lack of ability to actually solve a problem, I am quite surprised you are not incarcerated yourself.....

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
? I don't understand what you said.
You are trying to protect me from
a: Criminals
b: Cops
C: myself

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty good with the local OKC cops, I know a lot of them and they keep a pretty good eye on my shop. I'm only 9 blocks away from Moore, Ok and Moore pigs usually pull me over about 20% of the time I go to Moore. Five of them killed a guy because the guy was yelling at his wife in a parking lot.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Moore Oklahoma? I always pictured it as a peaceful little town. It always seems so calm and serene in the aftermath videos on the news every couple of years. I never would have guessed that the poor residents were living in such fear of... cops. They seem so carefree when they emerge from the funnel clouds. But, I guess we all have our own crosses to bear, huh?
TT

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
why is texas so windy? cause oklahoma sucks and mexico blows.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
why is texas so windy? cause oklahoma sucks and mexico blows.
You from Texas. I will use small words so you know what I say to you.
Just kidding. It's windy in Texas because you don't have enough trees to block the wind.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lmao. Well, I'm a helpful guy so here's a solution to your predicament. Commit a crime and get locked up so you can live in there with the criminals that make you feel safe instead of out here around these cops you live in fear of.

Well, there's an experiment in problem solving. In an equation with criminals, criminal cops and Marcus, your solution is for the only non criminal to become a criminal. Seems reasonable.:rolleyes:

I would have come to a different conclusion. In an equation containing two groups of criminals and a non criminal, I would solve the problem by putting both the criminal groups in prison(criminal cops, criminals) and leaving the non criminal(Marcus) to go about his business undisturbed.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, there's an experiment in problem solving. In an equation with criminals, criminal cops and Marcus, your solution is for the only non criminal to become a criminal. Seems reasonable.:rolleyes:

I would have come to a different conclusion. In an equation containing two groups of criminals and a non criminal, I would solve the problem by putting both the criminal groups in prison(criminal cops, criminals) and leaving the non criminal(Marcus) to go about his business undisturbed.
But we don't really have two groups of criminals. We have a group of convicted criminals, a group of accused criminals based on their occupation, and an assumed non criminal (Marcus). He could already be a criminal, I wouldn't know that and I didn't want to make that assumption just because I disagree with him. I assume he is a good guy who just sees things differently than I do.

To clear things up in case I was misunderstood, I was exercising sarcasm. I don't really want him to commit crimes or go to jail. I simply wanted him to consider the nature of the people he views as less threatening.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I quote the words of Richard Nixion
"I am not a crook"

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do remember that particular episode of the guy at the movie theater who the cops killed Marcus. Maybe because I work in the place where the cops send the criminals I'm a little jaded or biased, but I will say this. The amt of violence on the streets in this country (and the world really) is completely out of hand, u never know anymore if that 14 yr old kid is armed or not, and dealing with convicted felons on a daily basis ain't none of em too bright, and some very violent. I believe law enforcement is a very tough job, and as a cop u face the risk of being shot at every day. That said, when officer tackle berry pulls his gun on someone because they crossed the center line on the hwy that's a bad thing. Tackling a criminal who's running, someone who's drunk and stupid, those types of things are necessary. Some of these little shits have no problems hurting anyone, and some of these drugs that are floating around now are seriously screwing these people up, to the point that they're seeing things and are completely out of control. Think someone cant get high in prison? Believe that little lie and you're the one who's smoking crack. Are there rogue crazy cops? Absolutely, we've had a few cases here if I recall of the old I've got a badge so I'm gonna have sex with u whether u like it or not. These things do happen, cops shoot 10 yr olds. All that said tho, dealing with the little immature bastards they lock up gives me a great deal of respect for them & their jobs. Just wish some they would give a water pistol and one of those big plastic bats to, let em use that instead of the tools at their disposal.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know it's not going to happen, But if everyone got along and quit fighting and stealing and doing bad things to each other we could save a TON of money on law enforcement. SO much money that we could all be driving new cars, wearing nice suits, eating the best of foods and living in the nicest houses. With enough money to pay off this country's debts. Even plants some trees over in the middle east (If I lived in a brown dessert I'd be pissed and suicidal also)
But until then,,, thanks for baby sitting our (stupid, bad, violator, rude ,lazy ,dishonest ,etc.) Joshua Iles.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your cops are on edge because you have too many guns on the streets.
You don't see cops shooting people in other countries, well at least not that often.

There are no stupid batteries, just stupid people.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not going to read the whole thread to see if it has been brought up yet or not, so I'm goign to say here the same thing I told one of my coworkers who obsesses over being against the gov and posts things about cops beating people daily on facebook.

The news only shows us the outcome, we only hear one side of the situation. The news may report on the beatings and shootings, but, do you know what happened before that? No? Then why assume that what you see in the news is all that happened? The news might show cops tackling, beating, and tazing somebody on horseback and everybody cries police brutality. The guy being assaulted by the police could have been high on drugs and already been tackled several times, but got up and ran thus requiring extra force. Hell, for all we know he could have SHOT several cops before the police beat him or shot him. We just don't know. the media is only showing us what they think will earn them ratings. The media is nothing but a business, they show stories to get people to watch so their ratings go up and they can sell advertising space for higher profits to earn money for the company. That is all. Why do you think celebrity deaths are everywhere on news when they happen? Ratings. Why do you think the snow in the NE last winter was all over the news? Ratings. They show what they think will bring in more viewers. The only way to know what actually happened is to have been there from start to finish, otherwise you can't pass judgement on the situation. What is the rule here in america? "Innocent until proven guilty" That goes for the cops being accused of assault as well.

Jumping to conclusions about the situation without any consideration about what else may have happened is just like people jumping to the assumption that vaping is dangerous simply because they don't know about it.

Last edited:

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you get tackled 10 times, and you fight a cop, that doesnt mean he can shoot you in the back and kill you.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A cop has no right to use deadly force unless his or someone elses life is in jeopardy.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
gonna go with ratings sell and some people are stupid.
im not saying all cops are innocent, obviously the South Carolina Thing and the Illegal Cigarette guy are both examples of Cops that forgot where the 'off' button was. but even in those cases the victims have to share a part of the blame.
Last time I checked when a PO-PO says, "Stop." you're supposed to stop.
I know when I get pulled over or approached by a big scary dude with gun and badge I go from miscreant to polite in 0.065 nano seconds.

in the case of the old, rich dude in Oklahoma.... stupid is everywhere and all over that one. But I really don't think we have Rougue cops, I think its getting airplay so that we don't notice the real problems , like a country in debt, China buying more of our debt, deals being made with bad countries........ or the FEMA camp just opened by another forum.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just like any other profession, you find a few jerks in the mix.

And now with the introduction of mandatory mobile body cams for the police, I believe that the officers wearing them will be forced to be on their best behaviour and top of their professional game when dealing with the public and how they deal with offenders.

And also, when these "Innocent" young men who have never committed a crime in their life are shot while committing a crime or attacking an officer that is performing his or her duty, we will have a recorded record of the actual events and not just rumors of what may or may not have happened and will prevent the usual rabble rousers from fanning the flames and promoting civil unrest as there is an actual record of the event and no room for rumor or speculation.

And by the way, IMHO, we need to get some body cam's on clergy members as well.
A few?..I posted this some time ago...Certain jobs draw more sociopaths then others... being a cop is one of them...In fact it comes in 7th...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyclay/2013/01/05/the-top-10-jobs-that-attract-psychopaths/

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The media's attention happens to be on one specific story line right now and has been for a long time and fuels the fire of racism in America.
Nobody see's the big picture...that a lot more than just one specific range of beings are being brutalized by those with power, that wouldn't make a good story.

pcrdude

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Perhaps you should look at some REAL statistics. Cops dying isn't at the top of the death list.
http://www.bls.gov/iif/oshwc/cfoi/cftb0277.pdf

Looks like several other sectors have a lot more death. Even restaurant workers have a high death rate.

Maybe cops are cops, because fast food is too dangerous for them..... o_O

I don't understand what point you are trying to make. Maybe fast food workers should be armed because that old burger in the corner may get possessed and pull a gun???

;)

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. On the streets, the police have absolute power over the people. In the court room, they have the full backing of the US govt, regardless of whether they are accusing, or being accused. They have a supreme advantage in all situations, because thats how the system is designed. When an officer commits a crime, there must be mountains of rock solid evidence and public outcry to boot, for him to ever see a punishment. Conversely, to be charged with a crime, we only need to be in the area where the crime took place, when it took place, and they will fill in the incriminating evidence for us.

The individual officer (in general) has been brainwashed, just like many of us, to believe that the US govt is the ultimate in moral authority. The idea that violence is acceptable (and even preferable) when dealing with govt interests, has been around since the beginning of time and is still strong today. Every single violation of state, federal, or local laws is backed up by violence. Since the police are in charge of enforcing the laws, they are in charge of the use of violence too. So when a cop brutalizes, kidnaps, or murders someone, its for the greater good of the people. If we did the same, even in the name of law or justice, we would be branded vigilante maniacs and hunted down like dogs.

The entire system is based upon protecting the interests of those in power by having leveraged advantage over those who are not. The police act at the pen strokes of politicians, regardless of right or wrong.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. On the streets, the police have absolute power over the people. In the court room, they have the full backing of the US govt, regardless of whether they are accusing, or being accused. They have a supreme advantage in all situations, because thats how the system is designed. When an officer commits a crime, there must be mountains of rock solid evidence and public outcry to boot, for him to ever see a punishment. Conversely, to be charged with a crime, we only need to be in the area where the crime took place, when it took place, and they will fill in the incriminating evidence for us.

The individual officer (in general) has been brainwashed, just like many of us, to believe that the US govt is the ultimate in moral authority. The idea that violence is acceptable (and even preferable) when dealing with govt interests, has been around since the beginning of time and is still strong today. Every single violation of state, federal, or local laws is backed up by violence. Since the police are in charge of enforcing the laws, they are in charge of the use of violence too. So when a cop brutalizes, kidnaps, or murders someone, its for the greater good of the people. If we did the same, even in the name of law or justice, we would be branded vigilante maniacs and hunted down like dogs.

The entire system is based upon protecting the interests of those in power by having leveraged advantage over those who are not. The police act at the pen strokes of politicians, regardless of right or wrong.

I agree with everything except the red sentence. The system was not designed to be that way. It has been degraded over time to become that way, IMO.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree with everything except the red sentence. The system was not designed to be that way. It has been degraded over time to become that way, IMO.
Your right. 'Designed' was the wrong word.

angel breath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm an x criminal now all I here is bad cop this bad cop that, now I understand that some do take it to far,but on the other hand if you are committing a crime what do you expect, for a cop to grab you by the hand and say come with me yea right. Look 99.99% of people get mad when a cop just pulls you over hell you can be just minding your business and out of no where red and blue lights and what do you say f*#k what now not even giving the cop a chance. What I think happens is most people buy into all this news crap and on top of that you have instigators that make it worse. As an ex gang member I feel the cop has it worse than any gang out there they get a job which comes with a lot o pressure and try to help the people but they get dirty looks from everybody. Now again there are some that take it to far but that doesn't count for all the rest. Now remember this who is the first people you call in case of emergency if you or a family member is in trouble 911 give them the respect they deserve and for all the rest that take there job as an.advantage to hurt the innocent burn baby burn. ;)

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents into this convo. As I've stated many times in other groups etc... There are good cops, there are bad cops. The bad cops, make em ALL look bad! I have a fuckton of family in Military/Law Enforcement! So yeah there's good & bad in every one of em! 1 Bad Apple Spoils the Whole Pie! :cool:

What brings ratings? "Bad cops etc..etc.." POINT made

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Now if you want to get SUPER technical :D

Ferguson Incident, the guy attacked officer & grabbed gun. Officer did his job!
Cleveland, the kid had a gun *doesn't matter if plastic/bb or real* it was a "gun"! The kid reached for it, was warned 3x before being shot! Officer did what was needed!
etc...etc...etc... Just a few more cents!

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I really should not get involved in this as my opinion won't be popular based on the comments in thread.

I am retired Law Enforcement (local, state, or federal is not really important) so away I go dipping my toes into the boiling hot water against my better judgement.. :p

Sure there are bad people in Law Enforcement at all levels but they are few and far in-between. Most are hard working and only want to do their job and go home at the end of the day.

Every profession has bad apples. Accountants, judges, politicians, doctors, lawyers, ect, ect, ect. Name a profession and there are people who should not be doing what they are doing. In the instance of Law Enforcement it's magnified, and rightfully so because they are carrying a weapon and are authorized to use deadly force.

The incidents in the news recently are over blown in my opinion.

The incident in Ferguson where the city was burned to ground was because ONE person said the suspect had his hands in the air. All the protests and city torching were over ONE person telling what was later proven to be a lie. From what I know of that situation, the officer was more than justified in the shooting.

The incident in Cleveland. Reports from citizens were there was a person with a gun. I doubt many, if anyone at all, could tell the difference between a real gun and the toy guns that are out there now. If what you think is a real gun is pointed at you, you have 2 choices. 1) Save your life or 2) Die. Which would you choose? Are you willing to roll the dice that it's a fake gun? By the time you realize it was not you are either already dead or on the ground bleeding to death.

Which is real and which is fake in this photo? Now before you answer you must decide in a split second and at a distance.

417787_1280x720.jpg

The incident in Baltimore. Something went wrong but what? Have you ever watched that TV show COPS? Yes it's a dumb show BUT how many times have you seen a person thrusting, kicking, banging their head after they are placed inside of a police car?

Now the incident where I agree was 100% wrong was where the officer shot the person in the back as he was running away. From what I can tell, that person had nothing in their hands and was just trying to get away.

That's my, what's sure to be unpopular, two cents.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors