Become a Patron!

1:1 ZNA 30 clone by Robbot Tech

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you have skype then contact her directly after 10pm our time .. I know that the ZNA's arrived at the warehouse because I got a shipping notification.

ETA: I don't know your real name but I did just send Doris a skype to describe your situation and asked her kindly to move her ass and get your ZNA out. From all that you said you have been more than patient with this whole thing and I would be flaming pissed by now.
Wow that was super cool of you, and yea I would be fuckin heated

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I think it worked. Shortly after you updated your post I received an email saying they received my return and will get the Robbot 50 out asap. Lol
That is awesome! I can't wait to hear someone's opinion on the 50. Not that I need a 50 watt mod, but it couldn't hurt to have it ... just in case ... ;)

Steve.h

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I bite the bullet n order a zna50 frm FC... Waiting for it to be delivered. Supposed to send out last week.. Apparently Doris/fc did a check.. Some problem with the screen.. Send it back to robbot for check or exchange so my delivery was delay but thumbs up for the service though. Appreciate the effort.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I think it worked. Shortly after you updated your post I received an email saying they received my return and will get the Robbot 50 out asap. Lol

Glad to hear it hun :) I only followed up with Doris to make sure that she got my message, happy that she quickly handled the rest.

I did receive the Robbot ZNA 50 and there are some changes .. it is a little heavier than my ZNA 30 by 5 of 6 grams, the 510 pin is different (gold plated and larger), the chip has a Zen ZNA boot up screen with serial # now, lol. And it looks to be about 2mm taller too .. my up/down buttons are also smaller and more flush. Oh the the most noticeable change is the feel of the switch which is now a little firmer, and way more clicky.

Not sure how I feel about the change of the switch because I love my first one so much .. and I mean I love that switch! This one feels more like the Wotofo ZNA switch, which is not bad, just different. Thats all that I have for now because I am focused on getting this IPV Mini review done .. but so far it is certainly not less than the ZNA 30.

I will post a few pics when I get a chance, but it essentially looks identical, with a few minor tweaks.

osrix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow Nik, You got that fast!! Mine didn't even ship till the 5th :( still its on its way now so its all good. :D

Just hope it arrives alive after reading though the last few posts.
Keen to see your review, and the review of the IPV mini

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Wow Nik, You got that fast!! Mine didn't even ship till the 5th :( still its on its way now so its all good. :D

Just hope it arrives alive after reading though the last few posts.
Keen to see your review, and the review of the IPV mini

Mine also shipped on the 5th hun, but it usually only takes 2 days to get from North Carolina to New York, sometimes 3 days. The IPV mini review is going up on Monday, so you will get that to see that one soon. Not sure about the ZNA 50 though ... I have too much stuff in que *cue tears* I want to get some of these atty reviews done because I feel like I am going regulated APV crazy. :p

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 50 will be here Thursday. Same day as my new guitar. Its gonna be a great mail day. :)

Now what to put on it... Hmm

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
My 50 will be here Thursday. Same day as my new guitar. Its gonna be a great mail day. :)

Now what to put on it... Hmm

You have no idea how perfectly timed that last statement is because I just spoke to my boo Sylvia Robbot and look at what they are cooking up!

9KFAZjq.jpg

Tell me that Kayfun V4 doesn't look slick as hell on the Robbot ZNA :cool: Seriously, they just made me love this new ZNA 50 even more, lol ... can't wait. She said they expect to complete first batch production next week. I know there are several manufacturers cloning this, but the one thing that I trust Robbot with is machining. I know they are gonna murder this 1:1, and its a top to bottom 1:1 down to the box :D

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have no idea how perfectly timed that last statement is because I just spoke to my boo Sylvia Robbot and look at what they are cooking up!

9KFAZjq.jpg

Tell me that Kayfun V4 doesn't look slick as hell on the Robbot ZNA :cool: Seriously, they just made me love this new ZNA 50 even more, lol ... can't wait. She said they expect to complete first batch production next week. I know there are several manufacturers cloning this, but the one thing that I trust Robbot with is machining. I know they are gonna murder this 1:1, and its a top to bottom 1:1 down to the box :D
Omg I want that so bad. Literally just finished watching pbusardos review of the kayfun v4 too. Haha your gonna have to keep me posted on that.

Strings and a guitar strap of course... :D

Cheeky bastard. :p

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Omg I want that so bad. Literally just finished watching pbusardos review of the kayfun v4 too. Haha your gonna have to keep me posted on that.

Cheeky bastard. :p

Oh I will for sure .. I am busting right now because I trust Robbot to nail this. I sent FC the lead and told them they are nuts if they don't jump on it so we'll see if they take my good advice. But damn, its looks so sexy on Robbot ZNA *insert drool* lol

Now I have to go watch Phil's video :D

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After what they did with the ZNA, I expect Robbot to knock this one out of the park aswell. As popular as the kayfuns were/still are (using my lite in an acrylic bell right now) FC would be fools not to carry it.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@Nikkita6 ... Is there any chance your friend Robbot Sylvia could see if they have any interest in making a Z2 threaded base for the new Kayfun? It would be AWESOME to have one that fits like a hybrid on the ZNA!

I see another expen$ive order coming up soon! Can anyone tell me if the ZNA 50 is Z2 threaded? I am assuming it is, since the 30 already is, it wouldn't make sense in my mind to change, but who knows? I think I need a ZNA 50 and a couple Kayfuns ...

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Nikkita6 ... Is there any chance your friend Robbot Sylvia could see if they have any interest in making a Z2 threaded base for the new Kayfun? It would be AWESOME to have one that fits like a hybrid on the ZNA!

I see another expen$ive order coming up soon! Can anyone tell me if the ZNA 50 is Z2 threaded? I am assuming it is, since the 30 already is, it wouldn't make sense in my mind to change, but who knows? I think I need a ZNA 50 and a couple Kayfuns ...
http://www.shop.fusionsmods.com/product.sc?productId=11&categoryId=1

510-Z2 hybrid adapters. ;-)

I sure hope the Robbot ZBA 50 is Z2 threaded else I'm going to be really disappointed. Don't see why they wouldn't have made it Z2 threaded like their original clone tho.

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
After what they did with the ZNA, I expect Robbot to knock this one out of the park aswell. As popular as the kayfuns were/still are (using my lite in an acrylic bell right now) FC would be fools not to carry it.

Agreed .. the body of the ZNA is probably the most complex APV body styles out there, and Robbot nailed that part even as the conceded that it was much harder to do than they had expected. Doris left me a message and said they contacted Robbot and its a done deal ... SCORE!

Robbot is sending me one directly as soon as they are ready *insert happy dance* :D

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Oh what brilliant idea! Oh that would be awesome, so yes, I will certainly run that idea by them .. Ugh that would be to die!

Yes, the ZNA 50 is Z2 threaded as well :) It had better be after they added the Zen ZNA boot up screen o_O .. I have serial # 1207:D

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks @msgnyc ... yet another item for me to spend money on! :p
Not a problem. I've used them for awhile for my Zenesis tubes. :)

Well lookie lookie what came a day early... :) No extra tube like I was told I would receive tho.
Don't have too much time to tinker with it as it came in just before I was to start getting ready for work, but a quick first impression.

Fit and finish is emaculate. There is 1 high spot that had the housing not been dirty when it arrived (n it was filthy mind you. Whole thing had this black soot all over it) I probably would have over looked it. The tolorances for the fitting of the tube is tight and I mean TIGHT. No way will I be able to use my copper patina tube. It would just scrap of the patina off. :-(

Didn't fit my 18500 flat top out of the box this time. Had to remove the screw and take out one of the plastic/delrin spacers. When you do this, have fun getting the threading lined up again. The tolerances are so tight it literally took me about 15 minutes to get it to where I could screw the tube back on. Not 100% smoothly but was starting to get crunch time n had to get ready for work. I'll have to play with it a bit more. That alignment issue as side all the threading is like butter. Smoother then my original Robbot 30.

The 510 pin is AWESOME. Loving the new spring loaded 510 pin!! Not loving the new feel of the fire button tho. Maybe after a cleaning it'll feel better. XD

1 issue that however did arise was that almost immediately after inserting the battery the board housing (not the tube nor battery) began getting really warm to the touch... This worried me a bit. I don't know if this was an issue with the board or if its because me removing that spacer allowing the screw to go deeper into the threading is the issue. I pulled the battery and will clean out the whole device and tinker with it more tonight and over the coming days.

Oh what brilliant idea! Oh that would be awesome, so yes, I will certainly run that idea by them .. Ugh that would be to die!

Yes, the ZNA 50 is Z2 threaded as well :) It had better be after they added the Zen ZNA boot up screen o_O .. I have serial # 1207:D

I have serial number 1207 aswell. o_O?
Lol
That great news about the Kayfun. Guess I found me another Xmas present for myself. XD

Last edited:

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, this unit is prob being sent back. Its slow at work so stripped it down, cleaned it all up and put it all back together as it came and used a nipple top this time. Board starts getting hot and if I tap the side of the housing with my finger it resets.

If the chip is just a crappy chip its one thing and Ill just swap it out. If its faulty thats a whole nother story. Id like to receive a working device for my $100. :-(

This whole thing is beginning to be more trouble then its worth. Maybe I should just say screw it n rip the board out. XD

Last edited:

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, this unit is prob being sent back. Its slow at work so stripped it down, cleaned it all up and put it all back together as it came and used a nipple top this time. Board starts getting hot and if I tap the side of the housing with my finger it resets.

If the chip is just a crappy chip its one thing and Ill just swap it out. If its faulty thats a whole nother story. Id like to receive a working device for my $100. :-(

This whole thing is beginning to be more trouble then its worth. Maybe I should just say screw it n rip the board out. XD
thats exactly what you should do. i wasn't happy to hear that robbot is making the dna 50 chip themselves. not a good idea just look at yosan and their shitty chip. they should of used a tried and true board that is known to work.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Well lookie lookie what came a day early... :) No extra tube like I was told I would receive tho.
Don't have too much time to tinker with it as it came in just before I was to start getting ready for work, but a quick first impression.

Fit and finish is emaculate. There is 1 high spot that had the housing not been dirty when it arrived (n it was filthy mind you. Whole thing had this black soot all over it) I probably would have over looked it. The tolorances for the fitting of the tube is tight and I mean TIGHT. No way will I be able to use my copper patina tube. It would just scrap of the patina off. :-(

Didn't fit my 18500 flat top out of the box this time. Had to remove the screw and take out one of the plastic/delrin spacers. When you do this, have fun getting the threading lined up again. The tolerances are so tight it literally took me about 15 minutes to get it to where I could screw the tube back on. Not 100% smoothly but was starting to get crunch time n had to get ready for work. I'll have to play with it a bit more. That alignment issue as side all the threading is like butter. Smoother then my original Robbot 30.

The 510 pin is AWESOME. Loving the new spring loaded 510 pin!! Not loving the new feel of the fire button tho. Maybe after a cleaning it'll feel better. XD

1 issue that however did arise was that almost immediately after inserting the battery the board housing (not the tube nor battery) began getting really warm to the touch... This worried me a bit. I don't know if this was an issue with the board or if its because me removing that spacer allowing the screw to go deeper into the threading is the issue. I pulled the battery and will clean out the whole device and tinker with it more tonight and over the coming days.

Lol
That great news about the Kayfun. Guess I found me another Xmas present for myself. XD

My tolerances were tight as well, but in a good way. I was thrown off a bit because I thought they have nixed the extra delrin spacer on later batches of the 30W version. I had a few tell me that their 500's fit without modification. But mine is clearly only 490 unless I mod it like my first one.

I think you will get used to the firmer switch, I had the same reaction at first .. two days later I have warmed up to up to it. And hell yes, when you remove that center hex screw from the threads, you will need time and patience to get it all aligned again ... I nearly had a breakdown the first time that I did it, no joke.

Can't believe FC screwed up on the extra free tube ... I would be emailing them about that. Keep us updated on that warm board housing. Oh and mine was dirty as hell too when I got it. Sad to know that I am not special #1207 :p

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

NOOOO, WTF? I am so utterly disappointed to hear that. Mine is perfectly fine, not a single issue with it, but I am starting to get a complex because I feel like I am always the one with no issues, then I hear that its not the same for other people .. and I am like WTF man?

Sorry, I answered your earlier post before reading this one .. this makes me sad. :( I wonder what would make the housing itself get warm? The board has to be faulty, I am using it right now, 1.2 ohms and 13.5W since I got it and no weird or quirky behaviors.

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NOOOO, WTF? I am so utterly disappointed to hear that. Mine is perfectly fine, not a single issue with it, but I am starting to get a complex because I feel like I am always the one with no issues, then I hear that its not the same for other people .. and I am like WTF man?

Sorry, I answered your earlier post before reading this one .. this makes me sad. :( I wonder what would make the housing itself get warm? The board has to be faulty, I am using it right now, 1.2 ohms and 13.5W since I got it and no weird or quirky behaviors.
It could be that since they know you will be reviewing the device they purposely pick one out with the least/no issues to send for review. Im not saying that's what they do/did, but they wouldn't be the first company to do so. ;-) lol

Yeah, it has to be a faulty board as I see no reason why the housing should be heating up when I'm not even using it.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
It could be that since they know you will be reviewing the device they purposely pick one out with the least/no issues to send for review. Im not saying that's what they do/did, but they wouldn't be the first company to do so. ;-) lol

Yeah, it has to be a faulty board as I see no reason why the housing should be heating up when I'm not even using it.

Oh that is for sure true .. if a manufacturer is going to send a product for review it makes sense the they will QC 10x over to make sure that it is good, as it was with the ZNA 30 which did come direct from Robbot. But I got this ZNA 50 from FC like you did .. I wasn't going to get it at all but since I was being asked for the review I asked FC to send me one when the arrived in the US :(

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh that is for sure true .. if a manufacturer is going to send a product for review it makes sense the they will QC 10x over to make sure that it is good, as it was with the ZNA 30 which did come direct from Robbot. But I got this ZNA 50 from FC like you did .. I wasn't going to get it at all but since I was being asked for the review I asked FC to send me one when the arrived in the US :(

I think I'm just unlucky. My girl just texted me that her Robbot ZNA 30 is now acting up. Weve had that one for awhile now. Wtf..
:'(

I guess my DNA40 board is going into hers. XD

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I think I'm just unlucky. My girl just texted me that her Robbot ZNA 30 is now acting up. Weve had that one for awhile now. Wtf..
:'(

I guess my DNA40 board is going into hers. XD

fugg .. what is wrong with hers?

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dunno yet. Not till I see her after work. :-(
(Edit) False alarm. It was nothing. She just didn't have the grub screws screwed down securely so her ohm were fluctuating all over the place causing issues.

Last edited:

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media

Lol

@msgnyc , It sounds like the board is coming into contact with the housing somewhere and shorting out. I had this problem with my authentic HoH ZNA LDE, it heated up so badly that it blistered my fingers when I picked it up. I sent it back to HoH, and they replaced the board, ended up going to a MUCH higher serial number as a result. I wasn't happy, but the ZNA was working properly afterwards, so I couldn't really complain. I guess my point is, things happen, it may just be the unit you got, and not a problem with the overall product.

I'm really glad to hear that fit and finish are nice. I really want to pick one of these up and add it to my "collection". What batteries are you using in these? I have nothing but authentic 18490 AW batteries, but I am not sure I am very happy with them, they don't seem to perform all that well, so I am interested in looking at 18500s to maybe get a little better life/performance from them (and reduce the number I carry with me daily).

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sounds like a probable cause to the issue I'm experiencing.

I have authentic AW 18490s (but Ive only have a few good ones left) but been using efest and awt 18500s as of late.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media

I have authentic AW 18490s (but Ive only have a few good ones left) but been using efest and awt 18500s as of late.

I have tried the efest, but they don't seem to last quite as long as my original AW batteries. I just replaced my old AWs with 6 of the new ones (1200 mah, 20 amp), but even these, although better than the originals, don't last very long. I was hoping that an 18500 *might* add a little longer life and better performance, but I am concerned about buying a bunch of batteries that may not be any better than the ones I already have.

Steve.h

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Hi msgnyc,

I might be receiving my zna50 soon, to my understanding if you want to use 18500 batt.. Still have to do some modification as in taking out the plastic thingy at the connector in order to use 18500?

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Hi msgnyc,

I might be receiving my zna50 soon, to my understanding if you want to use 18500 batt.. Still have to do some modification as in taking out the plastic thingy at the connector in order to use 18500?
Hey @Steve.h ,

If it is a true 1:1 clone then definitely. @msgnyc said the tolerances were very tight, and that removal of the plastic piece was absolutely necessary to put an 18500 in it. I assume that will hold true across the production run.

I assume that @msgnyc will chime in here if I have misunderstood something.

Enjoy the 50, I am really jealous!

osrix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My 50's just left HK this morning so fingers crossed for next week delivery. I dont know what to expect now, could go either way by the sounds of it :/

Nik how is the chip for you? was it buck and boost in the end or just boost??

Steve.h

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey @Steve.h ,

If it is a true 1:1 clone then definitely. @msgnyc said the tolerances were very tight, and that removal of the plastic piece was absolutely necessary to put an 18500 in it. I assume that will hold true across the production run.

I assume that @msgnyc will chime in here if I have misunderstood something.

Enjoy the 50, I am really jealous!

Hi DevAuto,

Basically I suck at taking stuff apart n most likely I will mess up something, that's why I m asking.. Lol. I hope I will enjoy my zna50 when I receive it. It has been delay for a week since I placed my order with FC, as they discover something is not right with my unit, n they send it to robbot for replacement, a good thing for me as in rather late than receiving some broken zna which can't be use. By the way, don't be jealous, u have the real zna!

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
18500 nipple tops may work out of the box, but all of my 500s are flat tops. You will need to remove one of the spacers to use any flat top batteries.

Steve.h

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
18500 nipple tops may work out of the box, but all of my 500s are flat tops. You will need to remove one of the spacers to use any flat top batteries.

Noted, thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DevAuto, I'm not a real heavy vapor. I can get thru a day with 2 18490/500 or a single 18650 without a hitch unless something is really stressing me out. My efest 500s last me about as long as my AWs do off of a charge. Maaaybe a little longer, but they've been cycled less times. The AWs however do appear to last longer lifetime wise compared to the efests. I haven't been using the AWTs very long, but so far I'm liking them very much. About the same lifespan off a charge, maybe a little longer then the efests, but once again they've been cyvled the least. They're all about the same honestly. No idea about how they holding up over time as of yet.
Hi DevAuto,

Basically I suck at taking stuff apart n most likely I will mess up something, that's why I m asking.. Lol. I hope I will enjoy my zna50 when I receive it. It has been delay for a week since I placed my order with FC, as they discover something is not right with my unit, n they send it to robbot for replacement, a good thing for me as in rather late than receiving some broken zna which can't be use. By the way, don't be jealous, u have the real zna!
Its not overly difficult. Remove 1 screw pop off the top spacer n put the screw back but don't tighten it down all the way. Screw your tube on and align it best you can. If you've a long Allenhead just slide it down the tube and tighten. Easy as pie. If you don't like me, you have to uncrew the tube, tighten the screw a bit more, put the tube back on adjust, remove and tighten repeat till you've got it seated. XD

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Dunno yet. Not till I see her after work. :-(
(Edit) False alarm. It was nothing. She just didn't have the grub screws screwed down securely so her ohm were fluctuating all over the place causing issues.

Oh, wew, that is good to hear. Any more issues might have put you over the edge :p

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

You guys might be onto something here .. I heard from Robbot that since their boards are not glued or taped into place that they have seen some of the boards being shifted during transit. To which I advised that they make some changes to how they package their shipments if this has proven to be an occasional issue.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hi msgnyc,

Yes, you will have to modify it as I showed in my review to accept 500 batteries. Make sure you meditate before you begin because it will require some time and patience to get everything aligned properly after the modification.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
My 50's just left HK this morning so fingers crossed for next week delivery. I dont know what to expect now, could go either way by the sounds of it :/

Nik how is the chip for you? was it buck and boost in the end or just boost??

This chip bucks and boost dear, I have fired it as low as 2.5v .. my chip is performing just fine, using it right now next to the IPV Mini. Oh, and I must add that due to the Zen ZNA boot up screen that they added, there is now a 1sec delay to fire from sleep mode .. wasn't that happy about this one aspect. I loved that the ZNA 30 fired from sleep mode.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got the A-mod ZNA 30w clone... it also sports the delay from sleep mode but it also has a work-around of sorts... click the button to wake it up, release and click it again to fire. Of course, I'm uncertain if that will also work here, but it is worth a shot.

Unfortunately.... that doesn't work on myself... it still takes about two cups of coffee before I become responsive. :D

bsoplinger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You guys might be onto something here .. I heard from Robbot that since their boards are not glued or taped into place that they have seen some of the boards being shifted during transit. To which I advised that they make some changes to how they package their shipments if this has proven to be an occasional issue.
That would sure explain the issue I had with my first robbot. It would work fine except when it didn't. Just suddenly stop working for no apparent reason. Then I'd come back to it later and it'd be fine. Very frustrating until the one time I heard a little pop and saw the black magic smoke escaping from the body. Made it extremely easy to return though because I knew it wasn't ever going to fire again.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, wew, that is good to hear. Any more issues might have put you over the edge :p

No kidding. Like what else could've gone wrong that day? XD

Gave it another shot before returning it. Board still heats up n resets when tapping the side of the housing. OMW to USPS.

(Edit) sent.
They should get it Monday then inspect it and send out my replacement Tuesday/Wednesday wish. /sigh... Another weeks worth of waiting now...

Last edited:

VU Sponsors