Would you like to participate in PIF 5.0

• Total voters

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My brother is quite a bit younger than me (10 years), well he has a girlfriend who isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. She too is taking math in college (she has been going like 10 years and won't be a doctor when she is done, for a 4 year degree). She too must be doing the funky math because asked how we broke down fractions without showing our work. Our answer in our heads! Because we know it.
ef5a59c20ff43bdbb01e41cf8b341ac9.jpg

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think I did like 3%. I just thought it sounded good and must have ordered it twice. Oops.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
its not to bad,the screws are tiny,i have my extra cloupor magnets on one of my micro screwdrivers,,,,per your suggestion,,,,and it helps a lot
edit:thats how I store the screwdriver not use it

Jumping in here ... 'cause I'm also an egripper. The deck is tiny. The chamber is tiny. The flavor and clouds are immense. Definitely worth dealing with the quirkiness as the builds seem to last me a very long time. I've had my RBA base on it since early January and I've only scratch built once. That build was good for a couple new gray hairs 'cause I'm cursed with big hands and short 1 finger.

I did accidentally withdraw one of the screws completely. And, I slapped a rare earth magnet on the screwdriver shaft to help while I willed it back into place. Yes, I "used" the screwdriver with the magnet attached. I've rewicked a few times ... African cotton ... and I find ignoring all sense and reason while stuffing cotton like a chipmunk stuffing its cheeks is working best (I do leave an air path - chipmunks gotta breath).

I find the Egrip is sensitive to temperature changes and I've had it vomit its juice a few times. I love it. @Tawni has a pair and she's loving them with Aspire BVC coils.

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just remember use drops per ml don't just eyeball all ways use drops vs measurement marks

Actually, measurement marks are more accurate than counting drops ... the size of a drop varies according to the dropper and the various properties of the liquid being dropped. E.g. a drop of pg will have a different volume than a drop of vg.

D

Donald Bickers

Jumping in here ... 'cause I'm also an egripper. The deck is tiny. The chamber is tiny. The flavor and clouds are immense. Definitely worth dealing with the quirkiness as the builds seem to last me a very long time. I've had my RBA base on it since early January and I've only scratch built once. That build was good for a couple new gray hairs 'cause I'm cursed with big hands and short 1 finger.

I did accidentally withdraw one of the screws completely. And, I slapped a rare earth magnet on the screwdriver shaft to help while I willed it back into place. Yes, I "used" the screwdriver with the magnet attached. I've rewicked a few times ... African cotton ... and I find ignoring all sense and reason while stuffing cotton like a chipmunk stuffing its cheeks is working best (I do leave an air path - chipmunks gotta breath).

I find the Egrip is sensitive to temperature changes and I've had it vomit its juice a few times. I love it. @Tawni has a pair and she's loving them with Aspire BVC coils.
@dred the aspire bvc works,or do you have to modify it

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Taver13

2015-04-08 19.41.56.jpg
@dred here they are, just needs a good wax on it and to wire wheel out the back parts to remove the patina from the insides. be honest if you dont like it, ill go another round with em. ill get some more pics of the other sides of em too

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Actually, measurement marks are more accurate than counting drops ... the size of a drop varies according to the dropper and the various properties of the liquid being dropped. E.g. a drop of pg will have a different volume than a drop of vg.
Actually , counting drops can be more accurate when calibrated properly. With some flavors a mark can change the flavor from a 4% to 4.8% which CAN be kinda harsh or give a slight difference in flavor

But 99% of all glass droppers work of the medical science of being .05 ml per drop for accurate dosage delivery so what you would do is measure out 5-10ml and count 100-200 drops then add to your syringes with the each tip count the drops and ÷by the ml to get your drop per ml on each one you use

Think about it you wouldn't just screw an Atty on a vv/vw and vape it and say it sucks with out calibrating your power first

The most accurate is weight but honestly its all subjective

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's kinda confusing. I'll probably have a better grasp after trying it a little more. I haven't done any with nicotine yet, I figure I have to be more exact when using that.

D

Donald Bickers

It's kinda confusing. I'll probably have a better grasp after trying it a little more. I haven't done any with nicotine yet, I figure I have to be more exact when using that.
pm me in a few

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry no I just have a confusing way of saying things but the run down of what dred is saying is correct under his premise 20 drops using a 18g syringe needle is a totally different amount then 20 drops from a 10g syringe needle so one may be 1ml where the other is almost 2ml which is very unreliable so he is saying the marks on the syringe are mor reliable

Which in that situation yes it is

But what I was explaing ing was you can't just take any old needle and count 20 drops and say that's 1ml it doesn't work so what you do is get an accurate device like an eye dropper (glass kind only) because it was designed around convection to deliver .05ml per droplet so 20 of those droplets makes 1.0ml so 100 would make 5ml 200 would make 10ml... What ever you choose put it in your syringe with the needle you use and count till its empty.

Example you put 20 drops in and started counting but because you used a smaller needle it was 40 drops so now you know that syringe is 40drops per ml

And on a side note this is assuming its all room temp stuff blah blah blah

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey you all! I haven't posted here in a while, and I didn't find this thread in time to get in on your box, but I have been following this thread for awhile, and I really enjoy your conversations and following your adventures. There are some very knowledgable vapers in this group and it's awesome how you all help each other out all the time.

For those of you new to mixing, I mixed for quite awhile using syringes and graduated cylinders before I decided to simplify things and stated mixing by weight. I'll never go back. It is so much easier and leaves very little to clean up. All I vape is my DIY juice and I only mix every two weeks or so. When I'm done mixing 8-10 bottles of juice for myself and to share with a friend, all I have to clean is 1 50ml beaker I use and a pipette I use. I only use the pipette to draw my Nic out of the 120 ml bottle I store Nic in. Everything else, including my PG and VG, is in dripper bottles, so I just drip in enough of it and my flavoring until I reach the weight I need for the quantity of each liquid I need. It is so much faster and easier. Those of you new to mixing should really consider mixing that way. You'll love it.

Carry on, and my apologies for barging into your conversation. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey you all! I haven't posted here in a while, and I didn't find this thread in time to get in on your box, but I have been following this thread for awhile, and I really enjoy your conversations and following your adventures. There are some very knowledgable vapers in this group and it's awesome how you all help each other out all the time.

For those of you new to mixing, I mixed for quite awhile using syringes and graduated cylinders before I decided to simplify things and stated mixing by weight. I'll never go back. It is so much easier and leaves very little to clean up. All I vape is my DIY juice and I only mix every two weeks or so. When I'm done mixing 8-10 bottles of juice for myself and to share with a friend, all I have to clean is 1 50ml beaker I use and a pipette I use. I only use the pipette to draw my Nic out of the 120 ml bottle I store Nic in. Everything else, including my PG and VG, is in dripper bottles, so I just drip in enough of it and my flavoring until I reach the weight I need for the quantity of each liquid I need. It is so much faster and easier. Those of you new to mixing should really consider mixing that way. You'll love it.

Using a scale? Or just by how many drops come out of the dripper?

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just want something that I can vape. I have been paying $22 for 30 ml. for the last couple weeks.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Same question...what type of scale is used? Right now my batches are so small I am sure I am good for now :)

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Heather, I use a scale. Example, if I need 5 ml of VG, it weighs 6.3 grams (VG weighs 1.26 grams/ml). So I tare my scales, drip in 6.3 grams of VG, tare my scales again, and move on to the next liquid. If I need .20 ml of flavoring, I then drip in 0.20 grams of that flavor, tare the scales again, and move on to the next flavor. All I have to clean at that point is the beaker I'm mixing in. Easy as pie. LOL

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Same question...what type of scale is used? Right now my batches are so small I am sure I am good for now :)
Cruel, the scales I use are the American Weigh LB-501 scales available at Amazon. I like them because they come with an AC adapter and calibration weights, and they do not auto-shutoff for a long time if using the AC adapter. They are perfect for my mixing.

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@dred the aspire bvc works,or do you have to modify it

Don,

Pull the pin from the Aspire, pull the pin from the Joytech, insert Joytech pin (fits loosely, but works), install, enjoy. So easy @Tawni can do it (I can already feel the pain that comment'l generate). It does keep the base from screwing in all the way flush ... it protrudes by a fraction of a mm with the Aspire atomizer, but it's sealed up perfectly and it is not noticeable inside the silicone skin.

Note: Aspire BVC ... not Aspire Nautilus BVC.

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
By the way, there are cheaper scales out there that weigh to 1/100th of a gram than the LB-501, so you can definitely get them for 1/2 of what the LB-501 scales cost, but most of those don't have the AC adapter and weights, and many of them auto-shutoff pretty quick, which can be a hassle.

D

Donald Bickers

Don,

Pull the pin from the Aspire, pull the pin from the Joytech, insert Joytech pin (fits loosely, but works), install, enjoy. So easy @Tawni can do it (I can already feel the pain that comment'l generate). It does keep the base from screwing in all the way flush ... it protrudes by a fraction of a mm with the Aspire atomizer, but it's sealed up perfectly and it is not noticeable inside the silicone skin.

cool,I get aspire coils for under 2 bucks,egrip coils over 4 bucks,thanks brother

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
all of us reformed drug addicts have really nice scales

Hey, I resemble that remark ... even if I'm not entirely "reformed."

But, I don't use a scale recycled from questionable intentions. Rather, my scales for loading (ammunition) are much more precise than any scale I ever dedicated to illicit measurements.

Tawni

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Don,

It's ok Babe...you know I could care less about building anything. I want to change the wick and go. Fill the juice and go. It is easy but it is small. I am always afraid I will break something. There are many things I can do you cannot Dred...just sayin. lol

D

Donald Bickers

Don,

It's ok Babe...you know I could care less about building anything. I want to change the wick and go. Fill the juice and go. It is easy but it is small. I am always afraid I will break something. There are many things I can do you cannot Dred...just sayin. lol
what she said @dred

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Hunni keep that boy in check now... Lmbo.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors