Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have no scale :(
Heres how I measure. With every flavorings bottle that has a drip top, I first measure my drops in a syringe, a syringe that has tenths of a ml marked (3ml syringe or smaller). I find out how many drops are in a tenth of a ml, multiply by ten, and bingo! I write it on a piece of masking tape and stick it to my bottle. Now I know how many drops are in a ml, for each bottle, for each flavor.
I measure my pg, vg, and nic in the syringes themselves.
Its not perfect, but measuring by weight is also subject to the size of the drop.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cruel, the scales I use are the American Weigh LB-501 scales available at Amazon. I like them because they come with an AC adapter and calibration weights, and they do not auto-shutoff for a long time if using the AC adapter. They are perfect for my mixing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Rob, for the price is defiantly something to consider for me, "I don't like having the needle all over the house, I am to messy and forgetful when I put stuff away, might try this

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cruel, the scales I use are the American Weigh LB-501 scales available at Amazon. I like them because they come with an AC adapter and calibration weights, and they do not auto-shutoff for a long time if using the AC adapter. They are perfect for my mixing.

Have you had any experience with those pipette pumps? I guess scales would be the most accurate may have to think about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Donald Bickers

thats what kids are for
aint no kids gettin behind the wheel of that tractor,,,,i got another one I let the grandkids drive
heres the one the grandkids drive
0weXGHx.jpg

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just mixed a 20ml of Smurfberry I found on the forums somewhere 30/70
That's stuff is really good :)
Awesome!!! It's like when you start you make it harder than it really is. And then when you have that first e juice that really tastes like something right out the gate, you are like.... Wait I can do this...wait til it steeps a bit and your going to be printing labels from your computer and making up names for them... Lol

D

Donald Bickers

Awesome!!! It's like when you start you make it harder than it really is. And then when you have that first e juice that really tastes like something right out the gate, you are like.... Wait I can do this...wait til it steeps a bit and your going to be printing labels from your computer and making up names for them... Lol

this is my lable maker ,handy as hell
ScXxA8g.jpg

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Bottles with handwriting and scotch tape lol looks Great! I may have not consider a few things when I bought stuff :confused:

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey there Dred you still vaping that atomic fireball stuff?

Well, yes, but I went dry yesterday. @Tawni filled my carry for me, but I'll be vaping flavors that don't do it for me till I get some bucks I haven't already spent on bike junk. I'm really going to have to order some frick'n flavorings this time. I keep ordering short on juice 'cause I'm gonna DIY, but I ain't gonna DIY without flavorings. Wow ... upon reflection ... this has been an exceptionally long affirmative response.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay folks...I'm home sweet home from vacation. We had an awesome time, and a much needed break. Time for me to start participating in conversation again. +1 for using a scale to mix like @-=Rob=- said. Once you go scale you never go back! It makes things so much easier, and clean up that much more simple. If anyone is getting into DIY for the first time and they ask me for advice, it would be to not worry about getting syringes, pipettes, etc...just get a decent little scale. There is a slight learning curve to it, but it's not that hard.

T

Taver13

Well, yes, but I went dry yesterday. @Tawni filled my carry for me, but I'll be vaping flavors that don't do it for me till I get some bucks I haven't already spent on bike junk. I'm really going to have to order some frick'n flavorings this time. I keep ordering short on juice 'cause I'm gonna DIY, but I ain't gonna DIY without flavorings. Wow ... upon reflection ... this has been an exceptionally long affirmative response.
got lost for a second, then i figured it out, lol

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Have you had any experience with those pipette pumps? I guess scales would be the most accurate may have to think about that

No, Moma. The pump pipettes I saw were pretty expensive, and I only use the pipette to draw up my Nicotine and sometimes to transfer my mix from my beakers to the bottles. I think I paid 10 cents for the 3ml pipettes I have now.

I got hooked on mixing by weight immediately the first time I tried it. Way better than using all those syringes, needles and cylinders, and I think it's much more accurate. My mixes keep me away from store bought juice and are very cheap so I can dig that.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, I resemble that remark ... even if I'm not entirely "reformed."

But, I don't use a scale recycled from questionable intentions. Rather, my scales for loading (ammunition) are much more precise than any scale I ever dedicated to illicit measurements.
I used mine for weighing snakes and geckos more than anything illicit lol

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't even need a beaker when measuring by weight. You can mix in the bottle very easily. Place bottle on scale, hit tare button (zeroes out scale), and NIC, hit tare, and PG, hit tare, and each flavor, hitting tare between each one, add VG last. Put on cap and shake like hell, or tape it to a sawzall blade (thanks @Taver13 ), or if you're lucky like @Donald Bickers you can place in your fancy ultrasonic cleaner for awhile. Simple as can be.

D

Donald Bickers

You don't even need a beaker when measuring by weight. You can mix in the bottle very easily. Place bottle on scale, hit tare button (zeroes out scale), and NIC, hit tare, and PG, hit tare, and each flavor, hitting tare between each one, add VG last. Put on cap and shake like hell, or tape it to a sawzall blade (thanks @Taver13 ), or if you're lucky like @Donald Bickers you can place in your fancy ultrasonic cleaner for awhile. Simple as can be.

the sawzall is classic though

T

Taver13

i love the ultrasonic steeping, but A. my ultrasonic cleaner is in my shop, usually with parts being cleaned in it and B. the sawzall is much more fun, and annoying to the wife

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I am going to try the scale next few weeks...I am already messing up my syringes and the numbers came off :( must have had flavors on my fingers or something

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Me and RZAwora got that shit figgered out I'm telling ya!

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay folks...I'm home sweet home from vacation. We had an awesome time, and a much needed break. Time for me to start participating in conversation again. +1 for using a scale to mix like @-=Rob=- said. Once you go scale you never go back! It makes things so much easier, and clean up that much more simple. If anyone is getting into DIY for the first time and they ask me for advice, it would be to not worry about getting syringes, pipettes, etc...just get a decent little scale. There is a slight learning curve to it, but it's not that hard.

Welcome back...

VU Sponsors