Become a Patron!

"5.1 Now inactive"

Would you like to participate in PIF 5.0

• Total voters
T

Taver13

I don't know if your reviewer gig is paid, but if they have their own line, do they have issues with you coming out with a line of juices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nah its not paid, i considder the free shit i will get to review as payment, i mean hey, a lemo is 40 bucks plus shipping so, technically im getting 50 bucks to do it if you look at it that way. i would probobly spend the money on vape gear anyway so this cuts out wait time

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking of reviews. I looked for your channel on youtube, but couldn't find it. Guess you haven't set it up yet.

T

Taver13

thementalmechanic is what its under im going to be shooting some video today, but this webcam sucks, my new one should be here monday then i can get some quality video. gonna do a lemo2 wicking tutorial, so i can link that in my review video. and some other turtorials. @Lighty269 is gonna help me with editing and what not, and that is so very much appreciated since im clueless with that shit.

T

Taver13

Ok. Toro mower with a honda engine. Self propel stopped working the other day. Is there one simple thing to look at, that might be an easy fix?

does it turn over when you pull, try to start or anything or just plain old dead

D

Donald Bickers

Everything works fine. But the self-propel just stopped working while I was mowing. Didn't run over anything, and didn't hear any unusual sounds.

you want to check the obvious first,,,,,did the belt come off,if not is the pully that engages it turning,if not that,when you engage the handle or lever is the cable pulling it far enough to engage,the cable may have stretched or may need lubricating,,,,there is so many things that can go wrong,its just a process of elimination

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you want to check the obvious first,,,,,did the belt come off,if not is the pully that engages it turning,if not that,when you engage the handle or lever is the cable pulling it far enough to engage,the cable may have stretched or may need lubricating,,,,there is so many things that can go wrong,its just a process of elimination
I will look at those things shortly. Thanks for the help, it gives me something to look at.

T

Taver13

well said

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning Rob, Jim, Don, and Jon! I'm here...actually been here, but had a hell of a lot of reading to do before I got to the end and made a post.
Morning RZAwora.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry about your mower Jim. I'm actually having trouble with my damn riding mower. I think it might be time to pull out the old Lowes or Home Depot credit card and get a new one. Sucks because I don't really have the money for it. However usually I can get it for 0 interest as long as I pay it off within a year. That should be doable. The one I have isn't even that old. I had been paying someone to cut my grass for the past 3 years because I was unable to do myself. Now I'm able to so at least that's exciting.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry about your mower Jim. I'm actually having trouble with my damn riding mower. I think it might be time to pull out the old Lowes or Home Depot credit card and get a new one. Sucks because I don't really have the money for it. However usually I can get it for 0 interest as long as I pay it off within a year. That should be doable. The one I have isn't even that old. I had been paying someone to cut my grass for the past 3 years because I was unable to do myself. Now I'm able to so at least that's exciting.
If it's not that old, I wouldn't buy a new one. When I had issues with my JD, they would pick it up, fix it, and return.

L

Lighty269

My damn riding mower is out as well, time for a new one. I will be out shopping for one today, ya I have some kids who can use the push mower but that is a lot of work.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it's not that old, I wouldn't buy a new one. When I had issues with my JD, they would pick it up, fix it, and return.

Well thing is when I bought that one it was literally the cheapest I could find. It's a Murray. I really hate the thing, and it's hard to get parts for. It's losing compression because the piston rings aren't good any more. I had to install a shutoff on the fuel because it leaked gas into the oil from sitting. Besides that it needs two new tires, a battery, a carb, fuel line/filter replacement, belt, and probably more. Sitting for awhile didn't help the situation even though it was in my shed. By the time I add all of that up and pay someone to do it, it makes more sense to invest in a new one. I have about 1/3-1/2 acre to cut between front sides and back as well.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well thing is when I bought that one it was literally the cheapest I could find. It's a Murray. I really hate the thing, and it's hard to get parts for. It's losing compression because the piston rings aren't good any more. I had to install a shutoff on the fuel because it leaked gas into the oil from sitting. Besides that it needs two new tires, a battery, a carb, fuel line/filter replacement, belt, and probably more. Sitting for awhile didn't help the situation even though it was in my shed. By the time I add all of that up and pay someone to do it, it makes more sense to invest in a new one. I have about 1/3-1/2 acre to cut between front sides and back as well.
Hmm. If it's more to fix than replace, just think about how proud you'll be, that first time on that shiny new mower.

L

Lighty269

I have been dumping 200 to 300 every year for the last 10 years into an old Toro wheel horse. I told the wife I am not doing it anymore.

L

Lighty269

The wheel horse was great 20 years ago when I got it, but now every year it seems to be a headache. They come pick it up have it for about a week then return it and by the end of the summer seems to have issues again. Last year they said they would replace the carb this year. It has had 3 new carbs now.

D

Donald Bickers

The wheel horse was great 20 years ago when I got it, but now every year it seems to be a headache. They come pick it up have it for about a week then return it and by the end of the summer seems to have issues again. Last year they said they would replace the carb this year. It has had 3 new carbs now.
They do get old and wore out,,,thats just the way it is sometimes,,,John Deere makes a good machine also

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They do get old and wore out,,,thats just the way it is sometimes,,,John Deere makes a good machine also
A little JD is likely what I'll be getting probably from Lowes. They are the one I recently got a mailer for offering the special financing, plus it's closer to my house. I think I should be able to get a nice one for $1200-$1400 I hope. That Murray was like $699 I think if I remember correctly...it rode and worked like it too. Haha.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
whats wrong with her?
nice man, mine is a greek marginated, still young, 3 years old. the weather is getting nice enough that i can build an enclosure for him outside
Stupid phone won't let me upload any pictures but she was in a bad home for the first few years of her life. Kept in a 10 gal tank on straw with no uvb and iceberg lettuce to eat so her shell never grew right.

VU Sponsors