Become a Patron!

"5.1 Now inactive"

Would you like to participate in PIF 5.0

• Total voters

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Taver13 I just read somewhere that sweetener will gunk up a coil quicker than anything else... Do you think it would be possible to get close to the Vapor Lock flavor without the sweetener? Especially with me using high VG and VG being sweeter than PG? I know VG is a flavor killer but I'm just thinking out loud here since you had already stated the Cool Breeze gunks up a coil quickly lol. Also, there's the fact that I know nothing about DIY...

T

Taver13

@Taver13 I just read somewhere that sweetener will gunk up a coil quicker than anything else... Do you think it would be possible to get close to the Vapor Lock flavor without the sweetener? Especially with me using high VG and VG being sweeter than PG? I know VG is a flavor killer but I'm just thinking out loud here since you had already stated the Cool Breeze gunks up a coil quickly lol. Also, there's the fact that I know nothing about DIY...
unfortunatly, to get that exact flavor, you need the sweetner, there is no way to get that without it, i could us ethyl malto instead of sweetner but it will be nowhere close to what the original is

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
unfortunatly, to get that exact flavor, you need the sweetner, there is no way to get that without it, i could us ethyl malto instead of sweetner but it will be nowhere close to what the original is
I didn't figure it would be exact... Just simply wondering what you thought about how close... I'm not asking you to try, was just thinking out loud like I said lol. I'm not necessarily stuck on that flavor and that flavor alone, I just haven't found another juice that I could ADV. Having said that, I might be stuck on that flavor alone LOL

T

Taver13

I didn't figure it would be exact... Just simply wondering what you thought about how close... I'm not asking you to try, was just thinking out loud like I said lol. I'm not necessarily stuck on that flavor and that flavor alone, I just haven't found another juice that I could ADV. Having said that, I might be stuck on that flavor alone LOL
well, i can use that flavor as a baseline to start with and try adding other things too it, if you like, ill make you like 4 or 5 variations, send you samples and you tell me which ones you like

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well, i can use that flavor as a baseline to start with and try adding other things too it, if you like, ill make you like 4 or 5 variations, send you samples and you tell me which ones you like
Lol I'm not asking you to do that... Let's get the flavor ratio on the original clone working with low ohms first, then one day when you're bored you can mess around with the flavoring if you'd like lol. That way, I can always order up more juice quickly and you have something to send me that will be short and simple to make :p

D

Donald Bickers

Morning Rotation
3sVDfNa.jpg

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Honestly yeah it Gunk's up coils but all that means is you have to clean your coils but its not a big deal I vape surfs up which Gunk's up my coils a good bit but all I do is once a week I re wick with rayon and when I do I make the coils red hot and drop a few drops of vinegar on the coils bam shiny like new gunk gone works great ... Just burn off the vinegar before you add wicks

Sent from my LabRatory

T

Taver13

Honestly yeah it Gunk's up coils but all that means is you have to clean your coils but its not a big deal I vape surfs up which Gunk's up my coils a good bit but all I do is once a week I re wick with rayon and when I do I make the coils red hot and drop a few drops of vinegar on the coils bam shiny like new gunk gone works great ... Just burn off the vinegar before you add wicks

Sent from my LabRatory
What he said

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning everyone... @Vaperjim is doing okay, I talked to him yesterday via text. He's in recovery mode... I'm sure he'll be back on here soon.
Good to hear, I was gonna try to get the box set up and on it's way to him today after work but it's looking like I won't be able to till tomorrow....just found out I'm stuck working till 4 today and my post office closes at 4 sorry guys :/

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sent from my LabRatory
Yeah man I understand I don't have to recoil every time, but I built that new .84 coil and freshly wicked it yesterday about 3pm and already this morning on the way to work I could tell in the flavor that the coils are pretty gunked up... that's less than 24 hours and I was sleeping for 8 hours of that lol. On the other hand, cutting the flavors would probably help a lot in itself so I guess we'll see what Rob comes up with as far as how much flavoring he has to use...

T

Taver13

holy shit did i just just tear my arms apart workin out. driving in a little bit to go fix the mother in laws car thats fucked up at her job is gonna suck

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
she said it overheated and the coolant is gone, hopefulkly just a hose

Gonna do you one better ... here's hoping it is an easy to find, remove and replace hose that is short, straight and does not pass through the firewall, bulkhead or any goofy plastic bits. Yes, I drive a 30 year old car for a reason.

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hoot ... my vape mail is pretty boring/utilitarian too. 4 VTC4s, 4 VTC3s, 2 Samsung 25Rs & 5 2 battery cases. Got to use all 4 bays in my new Xtar charger, so ... some fun was had.

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hand check 'cause I'm lov'n this Billow V2.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432848060.112264.jpg

@Taver13 ... TY for inspiring me to skip past the 2.5mm straight to the 2mm test build. I'm actually wondering how the hell I even managed to fire the 3mm coils w/o shorting them on the chimney. Funny that the premade coils it came with are on 3mm centers. Anyway, she's blasting the flavor through a pair of 24g Kanthal at .27 ohms. I might try a few more wraps eventually, but the vape is cool enough.

As y'all can see, I was right. That goofy logo popped right out of the Delrin on the Osmium Clone.

@Taver13, Angel Cigs has a Black Oak Style Mod for $22.68. It's slightly different; looks like black delrin instead of wood and it's aluminum instead of SS, but neither would matter to me.

T

Taver13

p

View attachment 21237

@Taver13 ... TY for inspiring me to skip past the 2.5mm straight to the 2mm test build. I'm actually wondering how the hell I even managed to fire the 3mm coils w/o shorting them on the chimney. Funny that the premade coils it came with are on 3mm centers. Anyway, she's blasting the flavor through a pair of 24g Kanthal at .27 ohms. I might try a few more wraps eventually, but the vape is cool enough.

As y'all can see, I was right. That goofy logo popped right out of the Delrin on the Osmium Clone.

@Taver13, Angel Cigs has a Black Oak Style Mod for $22.68. It's slightly different; looks like black delrin instead of wood and it's aluminum instead of SS, but neither would matter to me.
so I'm finally learning with these crazy rtas that I need to get away from the orchids mindframe of high big coils. In my silverplay I did seven wrap two mm of 24 almost touching the deck with just enough wick to the channels. Such a small wick run is making it wick faster than hell. It's letting e get into 75 watt range and the flavor is some of the best I have ever gotten out of a tank

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
p

so I'm finally learning with these crazy rtas that I need to get away from the orchids mindframe of high big coils. In my silverplay I did seven wrap two mm of 24 almost touching the deck with just enough wick to the channels. Such a small wick run is making it wick faster than hell. It's letting e get into 75 watt range and the flavor is some of the best I have ever gotten out of a tank

You just convinced me to do the math. I'm chain vaping in 60+ watt land with the Billow on the Osmium. That's say'n sumth'n since I'm the 15 to 20 watt guy on my Kanger Subtanks. And, it's helping me understand where my juice is go'n. Thanks again for sharing that learning.

@Donald Bickers, are you interested in the V1 Billow? I really don't see myself using the V1 and it's gonna be awhile b4 the box gets back 'round this way.

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so my 26g kanthal came in today and I finally had a chance to see what y'all are talking about with the flavor of twisted wire... did a dual coil .46 ohm and juiced it up with some Cool Breeze... no throat hit at all and the flavor is amazing! I might try and throw in a .25ohm twisted build later and see if the twisted helps with the TH at all...

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so my 26g kanthal came in today and I finally had a chance to see what y'all are talking about with the flavor of twisted wire... did a dual coil .46 ohm and juiced it up with some Cool Breeze... no throat hit at all and the flavor is amazing! I might try and throw in a .25ohm twisted build later and see if the twisted helps with the TH at all...

I been stuck on the twisted 26g for my mech mods, flavor has been awesome, I have the dark horse and the mutation x running that setup.

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

View attachment 21237

d346a670893b1d9b103aaa66b20c79d9.jpg

Sent from my LabRatory

VU Sponsors