Become a Patron!

5 Dollar Vape Box -- a subscription box for vapers from vapers

5dollarvapebox

Unlisted Vendor
Happy holidays! I'm from a startup called 5 Dollar Vape Box, an e-juice subscription box that offers premium products delivered right to your door at a fraction of what the big boxes do. We are also home to -- you guessed it -- a box that only costs $5.

With the average entry box of the big guys costing $20-$25, we wanted to give people an alternative -- better prices and getting people the e-juices that they want without asking them to pay for a bunch of stuff that they don't.

If you go to our site http://get.5dollarvapeclub.com, you can preorder, and you're subject to all sorts of awesome discounts.

I just wanted to introduce the company, and we hope that you enjoy what we're doing!

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
While what little you describe about your company sounds good, you aren't showing enough information.

You are still over a month from your launch.

Come back when you can actually tell us about your company and what you can offer. At this point, I see the preorders as silly. I don't even know how they are, but I wouldn't have.

P.S. you put this post in the wrong section. @Whiskey @UncleRJ

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
@5dollarvapebox hiw do you have a customer review when you haven't launched yet. Lying to the vape community isn't ideal for a startup. Also price point junps from 5 to 35 something is missing. Just my two cents

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yep, I noticed the same thing.

Perhaps you have a few test members going now.

But for a company that is not yet shipping to the vaping public at large yet, having a review does seem suspicious at best.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi freemind, I get the skepticism. If you have any questions for us, I'm happy to answer any questions you have.
I have many questions. But I am not going to go through the page long list of asking questions your site should answer.

Maybe you have a test group, and maybe they know what is what. I however, was just introduced to your company by you. I don't know anything about it. I cant even get much info from your website. You should have most common questions answered on your site, by the time you go around introducing it.

Maybe this is your first business. But a month from now, much can happen. A month in the vape world is like 1-2 years in other businesses. Don't waste your efforts introducing at this point. Instead work on getting everything ready for launch time. Two weeks before launch, and when you are ready to roll, put your business on blast.

5dollarvapebox

Unlisted Vendor
@5dollarvapebox hiw do you have a customer review when you haven't launched yet. Lying to the vape community isn't ideal for a startup. Also price point junps from 5 to 35 something is missing. Just my two cents

Hi, we've been testing with a small group and liked that feedback, so we shared it. I can see how it looks sketchy since from your point-of-view we haven't launched wide yet. I hadn't thought of it that way.

Price wise, plans start at $5 (1 or 2 e-juices), and there is a $25/mo. plan (5 e-juices and a bonus mystery goodie each month) as well as a $55/mo. plan (8 premium e-juices, 1 accessory or hardware like an atomizer, coil replacement or battery plus a bonus mystery goodie). We're working with some great brands like California Vaping Company and Cosmic Fog.

Hope that begins to answer some of your questions. I appreciate all the feedback and respect the skepticism. As we roll our business out, we hope to show you that we're a viable alternative to what's currently out there on the market.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
From the sound of it, you currently don't have many juice companies that you are working with. I don't really know.

Don't even know if you have a flavor profile people can choose from, because that will be important to most.

Well I decided to give this a try and so far I am out $26 and no new news about when or if I will get what I paid for. Seems like he is having more fun running a Cicis pizza than fulfilling orders for his fake vape box company.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I decided to give this a try and so far I am out $26 and no new news about when or if I will get what I paid for. Seems like he is having more fun running a Cicis pizza than fulfilling orders for his fake vape box company.
How long ago did you order your box?

@5dollarvapebox Got an explanation of what's going on?

I paid for it on December 29th. Most likely he wont reply, The last email I got from him was on the 3rd of this month when I was asking when the boxes would be shipped and he told me the next couple of days. I asked if we would be getting tracking numbers and I have heard nothing since. At this point it looks like its become a lost $26 with what looks like no fulfillment in the future.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Keep us updated.

This is why I was leery of pre-ordering.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This doesn't look good ... website isn't even coming up.

Jack if you have any means to dispute the charge, I'd definitely recommend doing so at this point.

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea this is a total loss and was a scam. Hopefully his Cicis Pizza in Austin is ran better that this fake company was.
Jack,

Have you heard anything. If not i suggest disputing the charges and calling the police. The company that has the domain registered network solutions llc might have his information. He also mentioned in a post that he dealt with cosmic fog maybe they have more contact info and can help you.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometimes........ If it looks too good to be true......just sayin
Buyer beware.
tumblr_na32zvZs9w1th84mlo1_500_zpsabab3sru.gif

VU Sponsors