Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Head Like A Hole - Nine Inch Nails
Watching like angels
-Michael Ruff (his wife doing the singing just days before she delivered their baby)

This song has always touched me. It seems to be about homelessness and hope.

All alone
Unfamiliar
This is the time of day to have a home
Hungry now
Where is my home
Oh how I need someone to just believe in me

Watching like angels
White clouds go passing by
Hovering, cover me
Watching like angels

Life is strange
Where is my soul
Can I be invisible to everyone
Hold me now
Imagination
My dreams will comfort me while I am lost

Something has changed, feeling better
My face is warm and love is watching
Watching like angels
Warm sun and endless sky
Hovering, cover me
Watching like angels

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's it for me for today. I enjoyed playing. Wishing everybody a lovely Sunday nite.

My positives for today are that I got things cleaned up, made some plans for organizing the kitchen better, and got a little work done at my desk to make Monday morning more gentle.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I think today I found the setup that's going to finally help me over the hump of my dual use. Some 12mg RY4 from a local shop in the VV Pulse AIO that I got in the mail yesterday, with the VV prebuilt coils, since I set that up this morning I have hardly felt a need to go outside and smoke. I should have bumped my nic level back up awhile ago. So that's my good thing today.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VV Pulse AIO that I got in the mail yesterday
I love my VV Pulse AIO .5 I use the Pulse Vessel RBA boro tank. I use it as my all day vape along with Jungle King juice and it is a great set up. My 1st non .5 Pulse AIO cracked along the top after a year of daily use. The .5 is an upgraded version to fix all the problems that the 1st on had. Good luck to you and I hope you are finally able to get over that cigarette hump.
20230119_174752.jpg

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
giphy.gif

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I think today I found the setup that's going to finally help me over the hump of my dual use. Some 12mg RY4 from a local shop in the VV Pulse AIO that I got in the mail yesterday, with the VV prebuilt coils, since I set that up this morning I have hardly felt a need to go outside and smoke. I should have bumped my nic level back up awhile ago. So that's my good thing today.

Intention is everything. I wish you success my friend.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Usually the artists "topic" channels are closed to comments, but in the comments under one of the fan uploads on YT, someone said this piece has a Satie vibe to it. Agree.
I am honestly not familiar enough with his work to comment on any influences on the musical style, but Satie did have some odd and unconventional titles, "True Flabby Preludes (for a Dog)" and "Sketches and Exasperations of a Big Wooden Man" for example, so I suppose "Sorry for Not Answering the Phone I'm Too Busy Trying to Fly Away" fits the bill of strange titles.

Now I'm gonna have to check out Satie.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am honestly not familiar enough with his work to comment on any influences on the musical style, but Satie did have some odd and unconventional titles, "True Flabby Preludes (for a Dog)" and "Sketches and Exasperations of a Big Wooden Man" for example, so I suppose "Sorry for Not Answering the Phone I'm Too Busy Trying to Fly Away" fits the bill of strange titles.

Interesting take! I hear the Satie influence (whether or not intended) more in the sound and style than in the title.

If you like it you may really like Erik Satie (1986-1925). His work has been endlessly covered, especially the "Gnossiennes", usually by pianists, but here is a broken link to beautiful guitar version of his Gnossienne #1:

om/watch?v=5Yk_ZNh3FkQ

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I should have bumped my nic level back up awhile ago. So that's my good thing today.

I meant to add, and have said it often in this forum, I definitely agree with bumping up your nic level. People think they'll gradually reduce their nic level and then quit vaping, and be free of vaping, smoking, all of it, but when their nic gets reduced so much, one day, like a zombie they'll stop somewhere and buy a pack of cigarettes, and so they're off the wagon.

Cigarette nicotine is a different addiction than vape liquid nic, but a sufficient nic level in the vape is support in breaking the cig addiction. I did reduce from 18 mg. to 12 at 3-4 weeks after my final cigarette, only because I felt wired all the time, waking up in the middle of the night. I have kept at 12 mg. since then, without ever suffering cigarette cravings.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Who Are You - The Who

Huh, as many times as I have listened to this song, somehow until I saw this under the vid on YT, I never once noticed....

Parental warning Explicit lyrics​

I saw that and was like "What?" Then listened a little harder than normal. What d'ya know, sure enough.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I put it there once before, been a couple months but mighta called it Mexican soup or something, who knows with me

Found it, November 4, and you put it on the cooking thread and on my Diet Tips & Tricks thread too.

I only recently discovered how well search words work on the VU search engine. Came right up, and yes, you called it "Mexican Soup".

Looks like something to make a vat of and eat it through the week.

VU Sponsors