Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doesn't this look good

Candy Cane Brownie Trifle

I can't have this kinda stuff but my eyes sure can :giggle:

I have two favorite Christmas candies, and one of them is peppermint bark, the layers of dark chocolate, white chocolate, then crushed peppermint hard candy on top. One square is a way for me to have two bites without doing damage.

The other best one is clove flavored ribbon candy, which is almost impossible to find in stores, so you have to mail order it, so I hardly ever have it. I'm not gonna pay shipping for what is basically pure sugar candy. It does turn up in the foofoo grocery store some years.

Self denial is HARD during the winter holidays, when you feel like you owe yourself gingerbread, peppermint mocha, fudge, and somebody is always walking in the door with homemade pumpkin bread or some other thing you don't dare touch. :(

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have two favorite Christmas candies, and one of them is peppermint bark, the layers of dark chocolate, white chocolate, then crushed peppermint hard candy on top. One square is a way for me to have two bites without doing damage.

The other best one is clove flavored ribbon candy, which is almost impossible to find in stores, so you have to mail order it, so I hardly ever have it. I'm not gonna pay shipping for what is basically pure sugar candy. It does turn up in the foofoo grocery store some years.

Self denial is HARD during the winter holidays, when you feel like you owe yourself gingerbread, peppermint mocha, fudge, and somebody is always walking in the door with homemade pumpkin bread or some other thing you don't dare touch. :(
It sure looks good though

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Back from dinner. We went to the arab food place again to give some sweetness to people getting lip over the hostilities in Israel, as if legal immigrants trying to run a good restaurant would have anything to do with that stuff.

Anyway I shouldn't keep calling it arab food. That's a wide net, and an ignorant reduction. We went back to the same Syrian restaurant as last time. The food is so good, service great, prices good.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My good thing for today is I made progress getting the kitchen better organized, though every time I complete part of the job it seems to lead to more work and more decisions to get it the way I want it, to know where everything is and get rid of things I never use.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
75d556ec87cdfec9f5a3b1c3d53c1452.gif

..:)...................................................

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This morning was really nice....I was able to sleep a little bit longer and enjoy being under the toasty blankets and had a little cheat treat for breakfast a slice of apple pie along with some fruit YUMMY :) :yes: it was a very good couple of things :)

VU Sponsors