A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is this my good thing for the day? :huh:

1702913118801.png

I am very tempted to call of work today. The snow has started sometime in the past hour, road is covered already. And the worst will happen while I'm at work from what the NWS says. Of course once the evening commute is over the plows will stop plowing until sometime around 4 or 5 am, meaning whatever falls after that will be on the roads for my drive home.

For anybody wondering, no this is not a big snowstorm covering a large area, this is the result of a steady wind blowing across Lake Michigan, and I live right in the center of the lake effect snow band.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good thing - I've never cooked with turmeric but needed it for a recipe. I looked at a little dinky bottle for $5 (less than an ounce) and a 2.5 oz bottlefor $8. Debating getting the small one since I didn't know what I would use it for, but my brain refuses to pay more per ounce so I got the bigger one. Now that I have cooked with turmeric I'm glad I got the big bottle, I'll definitely be finding other dishes to use this seasoning in.
Turmeric is so good for you, I put it in everything, even mashed taders, all soups, it goes good in just everything IMHO. I even take capsules of it every day, everyone should it helps keeps you from gettin cancer.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good mornin Family :wave:
Gettin a slow start to the today, but on my way to get the best of it, I hope anyway:rolleyes:
Why are Mondays so hard, I thought that would end with retirement:facepalm:
I hope everyone is well and havin a great day:)

May be a doodle of 1 person and text that says 'Peate begins with a smile'

May be an image of 1 person and text

May be a doodle of text that says 'Magic is all around you just have to'believe! * kn'

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Using "The"

The Yule Fiddler (Christmas Time Is Coming 'Round Today) - Patty Gurdy feat. Fiddler's Green

I think I'm falling in love. A red haired lass who can sing and play a medieval instrument most people have never heard of? Wonder if her mother is talented and single. :giggle:
That's called a hurdy-gurdy that she's playing.

I at first assumed she was Irish, but having watched a couple of her non-music videos, I'm not sure. I can't place her speaking accent but it doesn't seem Irish.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Where is this survey you speak of? Just checked their website and don't see it nor am I seeing anything posted here on VU?

I was going to post the link in my reply to Jimi, but I went to the CASAA site, saw only the 2022 one, and I've already deleted the email.

If anybody subscribes to Casaa.org I'm sure they'll get the survey email. It doesn't cost anything to join.

But the email subject line said "Casaa needs your help", and the survey was pretty straightforward, so I don't think it was any sort of spam. Wish I'd not deleted it though.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
God Only Knows - Pentatonix

God is black
-Juliette Greco

Written by Leo Ferre (1916-1993) as a tribute to the vast genius of American black artists at a time when they suffered from a lack of civil and human rights.

Then it was recorded by Juliette Greco, who fell in love with Miles Davis when he visited Paris for the first time in 1949. They lived together while he was there, but he wouldn't marry her, knowing she would move to the US when he went home, and be treated like a whore for being the white wife of a black man.

Davis (age 22 at the time) was quoted as saying "Juliette was probably the first woman that I loved as an equal human being".

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Where is this survey you speak of? Just checked their website and don't see it nor am I seeing anything posted here on VU?
Here you go
Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your web browser
CASAA

Hey Jim,
Since 2016 CASAA has been working cooperatively with ECigIntelligence, an independent information service focused on tracking regulatory change and market intelligence for the vape sector. CASAA assists them with their annual U.S. survey of adults who vape by helping them develop survey questions that aid us in our advocacy efforts and help take the pulse of the vaping community.
As we do every year, CASAA is asking our members to participate in this year’s survey!
WHY SHOULD YOU PARTICIPATE?
The data collected from this survey will help inform regulators, advocates, and commentators as we all work to build policies that benefit consumers. The FDA in particular subscribes to this dataset and it can therefore serve as direct feedback on how their policies benefit or harm people who vape.
WHAT KIND OF QUESTIONS WILL YOU BE ASKED?
The survey takes about 10-15 minutes to complete, and will ask you a range of questions starting with general demographic information like your age, gender, race, what state you live in, and your household income. Only a few of these demographic questions are required, however, so you can skip any you’d prefer not to disclose. After that you’ll answer a range of questions about your history of tobacco and vapor product use. The survey is anonymous, and none of the information provided can or will be used to personally identify you. You have the option of supplying your email at the end of the survey if you’d like to receive a summary of the results.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE SURVEY?
Adults over the age of 21 living in the United States who currently use or previously used vapor and tobacco products are encouraged to participate.
HOW ELSE CAN YOU HELP?
After you’ve completed the survey, or if you are disqualified from participating but still want to help, please encourage your friends and family to participate! The goal of the survey is 5,000 respondents minimum, so every person helps!
Thank you for standing up for tobacco harm reduction,
Alex Clark
CEO, CASAA

OOOPs should scrolled down first

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thinking about putting my tree away already. Totally undecorated anyway because, y'know, cats. Heard a crash a few minutes ago, went downstairs, and found this...
1702932379306.png

He wasn't even trying to get out from under it. I picked it up off him, but it still took about 3 minutes before he actually got up and moved. Seems to be walking OK so I don't think he's hurt, but it scared me a little when he didn't run off right away. Better safe than sorry I think.

VU Sponsors