Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good Saturday Afternoon Family :wave:
Gonna be a hot one here, I hope everyone is stayin cool;)
Still not done in the garden for the day but had to come in and have a break:rolleyes:
I hope the day is treatin everyone well.:)

Happy 84 birthday to the legendary Jefferson Airplane and Starship vocalist Grace Slick!

May be an image of 1 person and smiling

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

On this day in history - music

August 3rd Born on this Day in History of Music Tony Bennett (1926), Gordon Stoker - The Jordanaires (1935), Beverly Lee - The Shirelles (1941), John York - The Byrds (1946), B.B. Dickerson - War (1949), John Graham - Earth Wind and Fire (1951), Ian Bairnson - Alan Parsons Project, Pilot (1953), Kirk Brandon - Spear of Destiny (1956), Lee Rocker - Stray Cats (1961), James Hetfield - Metallica (1963), Kyoko Chan Cox (1963), Ed Roland - Collective Soul (1963), Dean Sams - Lonestar(1966), Skin - Skunk Anansie (1967), DJ Spinderella - Salt'n'Pepa (1971), Stephen Carpenter - Deftones (1973), Holly Blake-Arnstein - Dream (1985)
Chart News
1961 Eden Kane at No.1 on the UK chart with Well I Ask You.
1963 The Tymes at No.1 on the US chart with 'So Much in Love'
1968 The Doors at No.1 on the US chart with 'Hello I Love You'
1968 The Irish Rovers at No.1 in Australia with ‘The Orange and the Green / Whiskey on a Sunday’
1974 Bad Company at No.1 on the US album chart with 'Bad Company'
1985 Madonna at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Into The Groove'.
1985 Tears For Fears at No.1 on the US chart with 'Shout'
1996 Los Del Rio at No.1 on the US chart with 'Macarena'
1997 Puff Daddy and Faith Evans featuring 112 at No.1 in Australia with ‘I’ll Be Missing You’
2003 The Coral at No.1 on the UK album chart with ‘Magic and Medicine.’
2008 Kid Rock at No.1 on the UK chart with 'All Summer Long'.
2017 Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee featuring Justin Bieber at No.1 on the UK chart with ‘Despacito’
Gig News
1963 The Beatles played their last ever performance at the Cavern Club in Liverpool. 1967 The Jimi Hendrix Experience played the first of five nights at the Salvation Club in New York City.
1968 The two day Newport Pop Festival took place in Costa Mesa, California with Alice Cooper, Canned Heat, Chambers Brothers, Charles Lloyd Quartet, Country Joe and the Fish, Electric Flag, James Cotton Blues Band, Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Sonny &Cher, Steppenwolf and Tiny Tim.
1991 Metallic held a playback party to launch their self-titled album at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
Music News
1971, Paul McCartney announced the formation of his new group Wings with his wife Linda and former Moody Blues guitarist and singer Denny Laine.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yesterdays good thing....Went and shot some pool with bro, nephew, and hubs. I had my first foofoo drink, it was cherry limeade with vodka. I couldn't taste the liquor which was good, but bad also, lol. Only drank a little over half of it through the tiny straw it came with, lol. Midway through it I asked for some ice water with lemon, but never got it. So, I just drank my nephews water, lol.
But, I can definitely see why a person would order another and another of those drinks, it was soooo good. Next time, I'll just order a dry cherry limeade, and drink all of it and order another and another and another :teehee:
Had fun shooting pool and eating some good food, mum was with us, but she didn't shot any pool.
And oh, everyone was shocked I had liquor, lol.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
The Grand Vizier's Garden Party - Pink Floyd

That Pink Floyd Ummagumma album is my number 1 the worst album I have ever heard in my life. I loved Pink Floyd but this album was the worst. I wasted my money on that piece of garbage and my parents thought I was on drugs when I listened to it, that album ended up in the garbage never to be heard from again until now when you posted another song off that album, lol!

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That Pink Floyd Ummagumma album is my number 1 the worst album I have ever heard in my life. I loved Pink Floyd but this album was the worst. I wasted my money on that piece of garbage and my parents thought I was on drugs when I listened to it, that album ended up in the garbage never to be heard from again until now when you posted another song off that album, lol!
It's...interesting. (My mom always told me if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all, so interesting is the nicest word I can think of for that album :teehee: )

I suspect it is much better if you are actually high. It was an experiment, each member writing a song solo. Roger Waters himself later said it was a disaster.

VU Sponsors