Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just saw on Facebook a post I made 8 years ago. Don't know if I should be sad or angry or just disappointed that the FDA has basically won, that there weren't enough voices to stop their madness. Here is what I posted on 8/8/2016.

Someone please call the FDA. I need them to explain to me some things about my health, and the problems that vaping has caused for me, and why they aren't doing anything to protect me from such terrible health effects.

For example, a year ago I couldn't mow half my yard before I was extremely out of breath. Now I can finish the whole yard, no problem, no shortness of breath. Man, vaping caused that, something has to be done about that! I also got stung by two (yes, not one, but two!) bees while mowing today. I bet vaping caused that too. If I was still smoking the bees wouldn't have come near me because of the stink.

For a few years in a row now, any time my blood pressure has been checked it has been "borderline" and "need to keep an eye on it." Had it checked twice this year so far, family doc and eye doc, and both times it was good, actually one time was "Wow, that's really good." I think there was an unspoken "for your age and weight" in that comment, but hey. The point is, this is intolerable and I want to know what the FDA is doing to make sure my blood pressure goes back up to pre-vaping levels.

And don't even get me started on how my smoker's cough has improved, or more like pretty much disappeared. Totally unacceptable! Why, the entire industry should be shut down for improving my health.

Oh, my mistake, the FDA has already done so, handing the keys to the kingdom back to Big Tobacco, ignoring the science in the name of profits. The death warrants have been signed...

8/8/2016 - FDA Kills

:( :mad:😔😢

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just saw on Facebook a post I made 8 years ago. Don't know if I should be sad or angry or just disappointed that the FDA has basically won, that there weren't enough voices to stop their madness. Here is what I posted on 8/8/2016.

Someone please call the FDA. I need them to explain to me some things about my health, and the problems that vaping has caused for me, and why they aren't doing anything to protect me from such terrible health effects.

For example, a year ago I couldn't mow half my yard before I was extremely out of breath. Now I can finish the whole yard, no problem, no shortness of breath. Man, vaping caused that, something has to be done about that! I also got stung by two (yes, not one, but two!) bees while mowing today. I bet vaping caused that too. If I was still smoking the bees wouldn't have come near me because of the stink.

For a few years in a row now, any time my blood pressure has been checked it has been "borderline" and "need to keep an eye on it." Had it checked twice this year so far, family doc and eye doc, and both times it was good, actually one time was "Wow, that's really good." I think there was an unspoken "for your age and weight" in that comment, but hey. The point is, this is intolerable and I want to know what the FDA is doing to make sure my blood pressure goes back up to pre-vaping levels.

And don't even get me started on how my smoker's cough has improved, or more like pretty much disappeared. Totally unacceptable! Why, the entire industry should be shut down for improving my health.

Oh, my mistake, the FDA has already done so, handing the keys to the kingdom back to Big Tobacco, ignoring the science in the name of profits. The death warrants have been signed...

8/8/2016 - FDA Kills

:( :mad:😔😢

That's really funny, and reflects the experience of recovered health described by so many of us in this forum.

But you know, some political monkey or bureaucratic grunt read the first few words of that and said "I've gotta get back on the soapbox and get this damn vaping banned".

Yes, agree: :(😡😔😢

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
Picked more maters today, gonna haveta cann tomorrow:bliss:good day to do it gonna be 52 in the AM;)
I hope the day is bein kind to everyone:)

May be an image of text

No photo description available.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of text

May be an image of 2 people, flute and street

East London's "knocker-uppers" were paid to shoot peas at windows to wake up over sleepers so they didn't lose their jobs.
Mary Smith, a famous knocker-upper in London's East End, shot dried peas out of a pea shooter instead of a pole. She charged a sixpence a week for her pea-shooting service.
Some knocker-uppers simply banged on doors to wake up their customers, but they found that by doing this they were also waking up their customer's neighbours for free.
Mary Smith's pea shooting method solved this problem, as they tap of peas on the window was loud enough to wake up the clients without disturbing anyone else on the street.
She became one of the most beloved characters in the East End in the 1930s, with her nearest competition being a knocker-upper three miles away who used a fishing rod to tap on the windows.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Satelite of love

The paths of love
-Hot Club of San Francisco

This is from their CD Bohemian Maestro, Django Reinhardt and the Impressionists, which explored Django's music compositions in light of the era of French impressionist art in which he lived and worked. This song I posted, "Les Chemins de l'Amour" is based on a Poulenc piece.

Review from Allmusic.com :

The Hot Club of San Francisco has made its mark by interpreting the music of Django Reinhardt, though they don't limit their repertoire exclusively to the works of the gypsy jazz guitar legend. Leader and lead guitarist Paul Mehling and violinist Evan Price each contributed originals that are in the style of gypsy swing, with the leader even making a new composition out of fragments of Django's compositions and improvisations, then resequencing them. Mehling switches to banjo for a gypsy swing treatment of Jelly Roll Morton's "The Pearls," while there are also thoughtful arrangements of works by Brazilian classical composer Heitor Villa-Lobos as well as French Impressionists Claude Debussy and Francis Poulenc. The Reinhardt compositions arranged for this release are among those less frequently recorded, two of which add the Aeros Quintet, while pianist Jeffrey Kahane is an added guest on three other selections. The spirit of Django Reinhardt is very much alive over a half century after his death, thanks in part to the Hot Club of San Francisco.

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On August 9th

August 9th Born on this Day in History of Music Billy Henderson - The Detroit Spinners (1939), Willie Henderson (1941), Wanda Young - The Marvelettes (1943),Viv Prince - Pretty Things (1944), John Parry - Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band (1946), Marinus Gerritsen - Golden Earring (1946), Barbara Mason (1947), Brie Howard Darling of Fanny (1949), Diblo Dibala (1954), Sylvia Stripling (1954), Pete Thomas - Elvis Costello and the Attractions, Squeeze (1954), Kurtis Blow (1959), Whitney Houston (1963), Arion Salazar - Third Eye Blind (1972), Luke Concannon - Nizlopi (1978)
Chart News
1953 Mantovani and his Orchestra at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Song From The Moulin Rouge'
1967 Scott McKenzie at No.1 on the UK chart with 'San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair).'
1969 Elvis Presley at No.1 in Australia with ‘In the Ghetto’
1975 The Bee Gees at No.1 on the US chart with 'Jive Talkin'
1975 Typically Tropical at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Barbados'
1976 Fox at No.1 in Australia with "S-S-S Single Bed"
1980 Abba at No.1 on the UK chart with 'The Winner Takes It All'
1980 AC/DC at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Back In Black'
Gig News
1964 The Rolling Stones played at the New Elizabeth Ballroom in Belle Vue, Manchester
1968 James Brown &the Famous Flames played at Balboa Stadium, San Diego, California.
1969 Led Zeppelin played at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California.
1986 Queen gave what would be their last ever live performance when they appeared at Knebworth Park in England.
Music News
1963 The first ever edition of 'Ready Steady Go! was shown on UK TV
1995 Jerry Garcia died

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good thing for the day. I just went for a walk, mapped it out after I got back home, 1.2 miles, took about half an hour. And for the first time in what seems like forever I actually feel motivated to do something other than sit on my big fat duff. Guess this exercise thing really does alter your brain. So I'm going to be away for awhile, try to accomplish something before my motivation disappears.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Let's see if this works with a broken link.

This morning I was listening to a podcast about Phrygian history, and how everything bad we are experiencing now can be traced to it. The Phrygian cap was a symbol of the French Revolution, and I'm always trying to point out that what's being done now is the breakdown of our society, institutions, religions and so forth, which is always the groundwork of revolution. The Phrygian cap appears on several US state seals, including Iowa and North Carolina, and it appears on the seal of the US Senate. Lately you may have been hearing about the better effects on the brain of listening to music at 432 hz. vs. the almost universal 440 hz. tuning. This podcast also touched on the "Phrygian scale", which I'd never heard of. This song uses a Phrygian scale. It's kind of scary:

Set the Controls to the Heart of the Sun
-Pink Floyd

com/watch?v=JcfgJrHo9XA

This is the podcast. I want to listen to it again. Love Dr. Ardis, and his guest is Dr. Lee Merritt:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today we convene for a victory celebration. Nine years ago a man was given a death sentence: Cancer, stage 4. There is no cure, he was told. The method of execution would be a combination of chemotherapy and radiation, under the pretense of extending life, but known to result in slow suffering and death. That man was Jimi. Jimi commuted his own sentence, choosing instead to embrace healing through prayer, a careful approach to diet and exercise, and continuous research.

Organized medicine was wrong, is still wrong, and Jimi was right. We celebrate his nine years of victory, long life and health, with much love and joy to have our friend with us, still thriving, sharing his research with us.

@Jimi, you are summoned by @2WhiteWolves, @gopher_byrd, @SnapDragon NY, @SirKadly, Bliss Doubt and the Ninja, to take a day to look back on your journey and celebrate the path forward. We have assembled food, drink, music, and cards to convey our congratulations and best wishes. Right here right now, let the festivities begin, with a mini concert to entertain you while you open your cards:

Right here right now
-Jesus Jones

Cloud 9
-George Harrison
Jimi the real cloud 9.JPG

This cat has 9 lives
-Louis Armstrong

9 inches
-Tonio Armani
Oops emoji cutout.png

Beethoven's 9th in Samba
-Ed Hartman

Cards from your friends:

Wolfie Jimi anniv card.JPG
Jimi rebirthday.JPG
Jimi balloon and dragon cake card.jpg
Kad Jimi champion.JPG
Jimi researching.JPG

We will now proceed to the refreshments table.

Jimi 9th balloons cutout.png

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With the food brought by Goph (homemade salsa) and Wolfie (homemade cheese dip), we appear to have a "dips" theme, so I added some freshly made guacamole. Wolfie knows you usually eat vegan, but she knows you enjoy her cheese dip, so it's a little cheat treat for today.

Jimi party dips.JPG
Jimi party snacks.JPG

I made tons of extra crispy hand cut organic wedge fries for dipping, skin on, oven roasted with avocado oil. There are plenty more in the fridge, to keep us dipping all day, because when you reheat this cut they get even more crispy. For added freshness, Goph picked that peck of peppers from his pepper patch.

Jimi party fries.jpg

More freshness for the table:

Veg n berries for bear.JPG

Kad is pouring the coffee and tea:

Kad coffee tea svc.JPG

We all have opinions about the effects of champagne and wine on health, so for this party we'll do what has brought Jimi the success we are celebrating. Here's our refreshing organic juice bar:

Juice bar.JPG

:stars2::stars2:And for the grand dessert:stars2::stars2:

Jimi 9 years bear cake final.jpg

To your health Jimi! From all of us, @2WhiteWolves, @gopher_byrd, @SnapDragon NY, @SirKadly, me, and Ninja.

Ninja bear.JPG
:stars2::stars:😻:hearts:newyear2😊:stars::stars2:

More music for all day snacking:

9 Ball
-Zach Bryan

Safe in my garden
-The Mamas & the Papas
Jimi.JPG

Wonderful World
-Louis Armstrong

Baby keep smilin'
-Compay Segundo, Lou Bega