Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Todays good thing have killer of kitties. I worry though, if I hadn't been awake would one them been bitten.
Tangee spotted something on the floor, I didn't see it, and he was chasing it, but it went underneath the tv cabinet, he was still on it, and thing came back out.
Chased it behind this
1000012550.jpg

So had to move this and finally saw what he was after. It was a HUGE Wolf Spidie :eek: yes it freaked me out it was so H U G E YIKES. Like four inches in diameter, too me that is huge. I found something to kill it with. I know they are not poisonous, but that spidie would have definitely bitten Tangee and it would have left a big ass welt on him and he would have been in pain, so this is my good thing....Tangee nor Tigglee was hurt by Mr spidie.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good mornin Family :wave:
Thank You All:hug: again for the wonderful time last night, I had so much fun:bliss:
Took Jean to a dr. appt, why is it when you go to a so called Dr. that you always haveta wait much later than the appt.? Her appt was for 9 we got called in at 1105:facepalm:. so I had to go ask the little gal receptionist why that was, cause it's always been that way when we go there. So she says "oh it's always that way here" I had to reply "well that's just pretty shabby scheduling and very inconsiderate of the customers here" "we been here for over 2 hours" (we are always 15 min. early so it was closer to 3) at first she didn't know what to say then this come out in a kinda broken voice, "well there's always a chance that it wont take that long". I just shook my head and went back and sat down. I had my fun and gave everyone something to think about.:rolleyes:
Jean hates it when I do that but it just isn't right.
I hope everyone is havin a great day;)

May be an image of text

May be an image of text

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
August 12th Born on this Day in History of Music
Percy Mayfield (1920), Joe Jones (1926), Porter Wagoner (1927); Buck Owens Jr(1929), Craig Douglas (1941), Mark Knopfler - Dire Straits (1949), Ronald David Mael - Sparks (1945), August Darnell - Kid Creole and The Coconuts (1951), Jerry Speiser - Men at Work (1953), Pat Metheny (1954), Jurgen Dehmel - Nena (1958), Roy Hay - Culture Club (1961), Bragi Ólafsson - The Supercubes (1962), Sir Mix-A-Lot (1963), Paul Tucker - Lighthouse Family (1968), Tanita Tikaram (1969) James Morrison (1987)
Chart News
1972 Alice Cooper at No.1 on the UK chart with 'School's Out'
1974 Stevie Wright at No.1 in Australia with ‘Evie’
1978 The Commodores at No.1 on the US chart with 'Three Times A Lady'
1989 Richard Marx at No.1 on the US chart with 'Right Here Waiting'
1989 New Kids on the Block at No.1 in Australia with ‘You Got It (The Right Stuff)’
1991 Bryan Adams still at No.1 on the UK chart with '(Everything I Do), I Do It For You'.
1996 The Spice Girls at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Wannabe
2001 Alicia Keys at No.1 on the US chart with 'Fallin'.
2001 Atomic Kitten at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Right Now'
2001 So Solid Crew at No.1 on the UK chart with'21 Seconds.'
2006 LeToya at No.1 on the US album chart with ‘LeToya.’
2007 Kate Nash at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Made Of Bricks.'
Gig News
1966 The Beatles played at the International Amphitheatre in Chicago, Illinois.
1967 The Jimi Hendrix Experience played at The Ambassador Theatre, Washington
1970 Derek and the Dominoes played at the Speakeasy, London.
1971 Queen played at the Tregye Hotel in Truro, England.
1986 Prince played at Wembley Arena, London
1988 Kiss played at The Ritz in New York City
1983 Albert Hall reunion concert for the Everly Brothers took place
Music News
1992 John Cage died
2009 Les Paul died

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So had to move this and finally saw what he was after. It was a HUGE Wolf Spidie :eek: yes it freaked me out it was so H U G E YIKES. Like four inches in diameter, too me that is huge. I found something to kill it with. I know they are not poisonous, but that spidie would have definitely bitten Tangee and it would have left a big ass welt on him and he would have been in pain, so this is my good thing....Tangee nor Tigglee was hurt by Mr spidie.

That's a beautiful tea cart.

The funny thing is, around here these tiny spiders that fit on your fingernail are called wolf spiders. Some years you see tons of them all around, and other years you won't see even one. They're not considered dangerous, but one time one of them came in with me from outside, and he jumped up under my skirt and bit me on the thigh. I wasn't aware of it when it happened, but I started itching that night, looked at what was itching, and it was a huge purple spot covering half my thigh. I rubbed it down with Listerine (my go-to antiseptic), then went in the kitchen to get my dinner, and that little beast was sitting on the pizza box.

They're cute. They love to play games, and one of them will hang out on your desk for weeks. You blow it off to the back of your desk, and he parachutes on his silk, then climbs back up and over. "Whee! Let's do that again". I won't kill one until it climbs up on my phone, and then I say that's it for you buddy. One time I banged one with rolled up papers, but he just limped away. I could swear he looked back at me and said "I thought we were friends". I banged him again to kill him.

Other than those tiny wolfies, I'm terrified of spiders and will not let one live if I see it inside my apartment.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't think I have had that unless my password doesn't work. Then I have to go through all that to get my password and reset it.

I was trying to get into an email account I hardly ever use anymore. I couldn't remember my password or find it on my list of passwords, so I clicked "forgot my password". It said "we have sent a verification code to your email address". To the email address I couldn't get into. Digital idiocy.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's a beautiful tea cart.

The funny thing is, around here these tiny spiders that fit on your fingernail are called wolf spiders. Some years you see tons of them all around, and other years you won't see even one. They're not considered dangerous, but one time one of them came in with me from outside, and he jumped up under my skirt and bit me on the thigh. I wasn't aware of it when it happened, but I started itching that night, looked at what was itching, and it was a huge purple spot covering half my thigh. I rubbed it down with Listerine (my go-to antiseptic), then went in the kitchen to get my dinner, and that little beast was sitting on the pizza box.

They're cute. They love to play games, and one of them will hang out on your desk for weeks. You blow it off to the back of your desk, and he parachutes on his silk, then climbs back up and over. "Whee! Let's do that again". I won't kill one until it climbs up on my phone, and then I say that's it for you buddy. One time I banged one with rolled up papers, but he just limped away. I could swear he looked back at me and said "I thought we were friends". I banged him again to kill him.

Other than those tiny wolfies, I'm terrified of spiders and will not let one live if I see it inside my apartment.
You-all would have a hard time here, the spiders are big enough to throw a saddle on, I ignore them but Jean gets a little squimish sometimes.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We don't have many bad spiders here, a few black widows but our bad azz spider is the brown recluse, small and nasty little buggers they are.

The brown recluse is our bad azz spider in this region too. My dad was once bitten by one, and was afraid he would have to have his foot amputated. If the venom gets into the muscle, that's when you're really in danger.

I have never actually seen a brown recluse myself, at least not that I was aware was one, but I don't examine spiders before killing them, as Goph says, "with a vengeance".

But sometimes when they're in their own territory, and I'm walking there, they can be enchanting. One time, walking home I passed a property with a stucco fence, a narrow trench of dirt in front of it. In that trench I noticed a spider walking right alongside me. It was a big one, maybe half as big as my hand, black, with a cross on its back, a beautiful beige gothic cross, like something you might see on a biker t-shirt. I've never before seen one like that. I watched and watched, hoping spider would start up the white wall so I could get a better look at her and the portable art on her back. She never changed course, and continued alongside me. I believe she knew she was being watched. I believe she knew she was safe.

But that was her territory. If I saw her in my apartment she wouldn't have long to live, beautiful or not.

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes brown recluse bites can be really nasty lookin, even after they heal can leave a nasty scar. I see them around here every now and then they are very aggressive if provoked.

VU Sponsors