Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
August 13 in music
August 13th Born on this Day in History of Music
Jimmy McCracklin (1921), Roy Haynes (1925), Don Ho (1930), Richard “Pistol” Allen-The Funk Brothers (1932), Dave 'Baby' Cortez (1938), Howard Tate (1939), John Stokes - The Bachelors (1940), Cliff Fish -Paper Lace (1949), Dan Fogelberg (1951), Hughie" Thomasson - Outlaws (1952), Feargal Sharkey - The Undertones (1958), Mark Nevin - Fairground Attraction (1959), Michael Bradley - The Undertones (1959), Danny Bonaduce -The Partridge Family (1959), Ian Haugland - Europe (1964), Diamond Blue Smith - Pretty Ricky (1984), James Morrison (1984)
Chart News
1964 Manfred Mann at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Do Wah Diddy Diddy'
1966 Lovin Spoonful at No.1 on the US with 'Summer In The City'
1966 B.J. Thomas at No.1 in Australia with ‘Mama’
1966 The Beatles at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Revolver'
1973 Helen Reddy at No.1 in Australia with ‘Delta Dawn’
1977 Yes at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Going For The One'.
1983 KC and the Sunshine Band at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Give It Up'
1994 All-4-One at No.1 in Australia with ‘I Swear’
2000 Melanie C at No.1 on the UK chart with 'I Turn To You'
2011 Cher Lloyd at No.1 on the UK chart with ‘Swagger Jagger’
Gig News
1965 Jefferson Airplane played at San Francisco's Matrix Club.
1967 Fleetwood Mac made their live debut when they appeared at the National Jazz and Blues Festival in Windsor. Also on the bill was Jeff Beck, Cream, Small Faces, The Move, The Pink Floyd, Donovan and Chicken Shack.
1971 Pink Floyd played their first Australian date when they appeared at the Festival Hall in Melbourne.
1982 Queen played at the Poplar Creek Music Theater, Hoffman Estates, Illinois.
1988 Def Leppard played at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Denver, Colorado.
1992 Neil Diamond played at Madison Square Garden in New York
1994 Woodstock '94 was held in Saugerties, New York, attended by over 350,000 fans, the festival featured Green Day, Nine Inch Nails, Aerosmith and the Red Hot Chili Peppers
Music History
2021 Nanci Griffith died

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok I am gonna call it a night :wave:
I still have a few things to do here:rolleyes:
Thank you to everyone for playin today:hug:
Hope to see everyone tomorrow:)

6b809143f7d4040698296cfee62d7dcf.jpg

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The best part of the day is morning coffee. The other best part of the day is climbing in bed at the end of the day, so sleepy you're out when your head hits the pillow. The worst part of the day is knowing you have to clean up the kitchen and do 15 more tasks at your desk before lights out.

Nite nite.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
August 14th in music history

August 14th Born on this Day in History of Music Buddy Greco (1926), Dash Crofts - Seals and Crofts (1940), David Crosby - Crosby Stills Nash & Young (1941), Connie Smith (1941), Lionel Morton -The Four Pennies (1942), Larry Graham - Sly and The Family Stone (1946), George Newsome - Climax Blues Band (1947), Maddy Prior - Steeleye Span (1947), Bruce Thomas – Elvis Costello & The Attractions (1948), Sharon Bryant - Atlantic Starr (1960), Sarah Brightman (1960), Jez Willis - Utah Saints (1963), Mark Collins - The Charlatans (1965), Trey Spruance - Mr. Bungle (1969), Kevin Cadogan -Third Eye Blind (1970), Ana Matronic - Scissor Sisters (1974), Ed Harcourt (1977)
Chart News
1965 Sonny & Cher at No.1 on the US chart with 'I Got You Babe'
1965 The Beatles at No.1 in Australia with Help! & I'm Down
1968 The Crazy World of Arthur Brown was at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Fire'
1971 The Moody Blues at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Every Good Boy Deserves A Favour'.
1993 Freddie Mercury at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Living On My Own'
1999 Ronan Keating at No.1 on the UK chart with 'When You Say Nothing At All'
2005 Faith Hill at No.1 on the US chart with 'Fireflies'
2011 Nero at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Promises'
Gig News
1970 UK Yorkshire Folk, Blues &Jazz Festival at Krumlin, Yorkshire took place featuring Atomic Rooster, The Kinks, Elton John, Mungo Jerry, Yes and Georgie Fame
1970 Status Quo played at the Magic Circus, Barnstaple, Devon, England.
1971 Queen played at the NCOs' Mess at RAF Culdrose in Culdrose England.
Music News
1967 All UK offshore pirate radio stations were closed down when the marine broadcasting act came into force. Radio Caroline continued to broadcast until March 1968 when the two ships, Mi Amigo and Caroline, used to broadcast Radio Caroline across the UK were towed to Amsterdam to be scrapped. Caroline was broken up for scrap in 1972. Radio Caroline continues to broadcast today albeit not from ships, available online, DAB radio and via music player apps.
2006 Boy George was seen sweeping streets in New York as part of a five-day community service sentence

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hiya Jimi. How you doing today?

I've been meaning to ask, since we haven't been hearing much about Jean lately, if her wound came together and healed right.
I am doin pretty good today, went out and picked the garden , picked up the yard (we get stuff that people throw out on the road that I keep picked up just for looks) but all in all havin a great day, thank you for asking my friend.:hug:

Jean is healin good, the wound healed shut far better than I woulda believed, I'll try to get her to let me get a pic to show everyone, She has several scars from it but just so glad she' past all that. Thank you for asking my friend :hug:

VU Sponsors