Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
63979fd339f9104fd2099609852263a6.gif

..:).....................................................................:) .....................................

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My good thing for today:

When I redecorated my apartment after renovations in 2015 I bought a chair I have really enjoyed. Most of the accent armchairs you can buy are no more wide or deep than a dining chair, but I didn't want a big ugly recliner. This chair has a capacious seat for madame chairman's butt, and so comfy I fall asleep in it all the time. It's what I call my big chair.

Williams chair crop.jpg

It was only 179.00, and the listing said "vegan leather". I had no idea what that meant, but it sounded good, so I bought it. When he assembled it for me, my handyman said it would probably start peeling, but from 2015 until this year, nine years, it has stayed looking great, wipes clean, no issues. This year it decided to start peeling like mad. I thought I would just buy another one just like it, since it stayed nice nine years for 179.00, but it's off the market. I searched for days, couldn't find another one. So I bought a different chair, then cancelled the order. Ordered peel & stick leather repair tape, cancelled the order. I looked at a top grain leather chair for only 529.00, but I didn't really like the design of it. Then the lightbulb went on. I called a local upholsterer, got a quote to reupholster my chair in top grain leather, 650.00 incl. the hide, the labor, pickup and delivery.

The shop is on the way to pick it up now. I am so so so happy to be able to keep this beautiful comfy chair, not to have to compromise or get used to something else.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Aug 30th in music

August 30th Born on this Day in History of Music
Kitty Wells (1919), John Phillips - Mamas and Papas (1935), John Peel (1939), John McNally - The Searchers (1941), Charles Colbert - American Breed (1939), Fred Tackett - Bob Dylan, Little Feat (1945), Micky Moody - Juicy Lucy (1950), Dana (1951), Kenny Andrews - Darts (1952), Ronald Beitle - Wild Cherry (1954), Martin Jackson - Magazine (1955), Gerald Albright (1957), Keith McKenzie - The Shamen (1961), Paul Oakenfold (1963), Peter Cunnah - D:Ream (1966), George Ryan Ross III - Panic at the Disco (1986)
Chart News
1969 Elvis Presley at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'From Elvis in Memphis'
1969 Zager and Evans at No.1 on the UK chart with 'In The Year 2525'
1975 KC and the Sunshine Band at No.1 on the US chart with, 'Get Down Tonight'
1976 Elton John and Kiki Dee at No.1 in Australia with ‘Don’t Go Breaking My Heart’
1975 Rod Stewart at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Atlantic Crossing'
1982 Ray Parker Jr. at No.1 in Australia with ‘The Other Woman’
1986 Steve Winwood at No.1 on the US chart with, 'Higher Love'
1997 The Notorious B.I.G. featuring Puff Daddy &Mase at No.1 on the US chart with 'Mo Money Mo Problems'
2003 Blu Cantrell feat Sean Paul at No.1 on the UK chart with ‘Breath’, Beyonce at No.1 on the US charts with ‘Crazy In Love’ and R. Kelly had the Australian No.1 single with ‘Ignition (Remix).’
2014 David Guetta featuring Sam Martin at No.1 on the UK chart with ‘Lovers on the Sun’
Gig News
1965 The Beatles played at the Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, California.
1969 The second Isle of Wight festival took place. Playing were Bob Dylan, The Band, Blodwyn Pig, Blonde On Blonde, Bonzo Dog Dooh Dah Band, Edgar Broughton Band, Joe Cocker, Aynsley Dunbar, Family, Fat Mattress, Julie Felix, Free, Gypsy, Richie Havens, The Moody Blues, The Nice, Tom Paxton, Pentangle, The Pretty Things, Third Ear Band and The Who.
1970 The Rolling Stones kicked off a 20-date European tour in Malmo Sweden.
1972 John Lennon and Yoko Ono played Madison Square Gardens to raise money for the One to One charity.
1992 Appearing at this year’s Reading Festival, England, Suede, Ride, Pavement, Public Enemy, Manic Street Preachers, (bassist Nicky Wire smashes his guitar in two and hurls it into the crowd, hitting a security guard who needs 16 stitches). Nirvana played what was to become their last UK concert.
1995 Carly Simon and James Taylor were reunited for a live performance in front of 10,000 fans on Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts.
1999 R.E.M. appeared at the Chastain Park Amphitheatre Atlanta with Wilco.

VU Sponsors