Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
Finally coolin off again, won't be long and well be tryin to stay warm;) the time goes by so fast when you get old:gaah:
I hope everyone is feelin well and havin a great day:)

May be an image of text

May be a doodle of heart

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sunday September 1 in music
September 1st Happy Birthday to Art Pepper (1925)Tommy Evans - The Drifters (1927), Conway Twitty (1933), Alton Ellis (1938), Archie Bell - The Drells (1944), Greg Errico - Sly and The Family Stone (1948), Barry Gibb - The Bee Gees (1946), Russ Field - Showaddywaddy (1949), Peter Hewson - Chicory Tip (1950), Ric Formosa - Little River Band (1954), Bruce Foxton - The Jam (1955), Gloria Estefan (1957), Cass Lewis - Skunk Anansie (1960), Craig McLachlan (1965), J.D. Fortune - INXS (1973), Peter Brown - Wheatus (1976), Babydaddy - Scissor Sisters (1976), Joe Trohman - Fall Out Boy (1984)
Chart News
1962 Tommy Roe at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Sheila'
1973 Rod Stewart at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Sing It Again'
1974 The Osmonds at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Love Me For A Reason'
1984 Tina Turner at No.1 on the US chart with 'What's Love Got To Do With It'
1990 Prince at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Graffiti Bridge.'
1990 Sweet Sensation at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'If Wishes Came True'
2002 Atomic Kitten at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'The Tide Is High'
2002 Coldplay at No.1 on the UK album chart with ‘A Rush Of Blood To The Head’
2012 Taylor Swift at No.1 on the US chart with ‘We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together’
2012 Sam and The Womp at No.1 on the UK chart with ‘Bom Bom’
Gig News
1966 The Byrds played the first of an 11 night run at the Whisky-a-go-go, Hollywood, California
1973 Elton John and Steely Dan appeared at the Balboa Stadium, San Diego, California.
1979 Van Morrison, Talking Heads, Squeeze, The Undertones, Steele Pulse and The Chieftains all appeared at The Edinburgh Rock Festival, Scotland
1980 Stevie Wonder played the first of six sold out nights at Wembley Arena

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
David Lee Roth was hot back in the day, but look at him now, um not so much- lol

View attachment 217979

View attachment 217980

He'd look better if he grew out his hair a little bit. That photo makes it look like his lower tooth is stained, but it's just a recessed tooth, so it shadows out.

When I look in the mirror, the passage of time bugs the crap out of me. There is no look, no makeup, no moisturizer cream, that can stop the way the underlying musculature changes, and changes you forever. Eek. Makes me want to cover up the mirror.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
When I look in the mirror, the passage of time bugs the crap out of me. There is no look, no makeup, no moisturizer cream, that can stop the way the underlying musculature changes, and changes you forever. Eek. Makes me want to cover up the mirror.
I deal with the same issues, time marches on and I learned it is marching across my face.
Worse yet are the cat face ladies with duck lips plastic surgery gone wrong, just um no!

VU Sponsors