Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Something weird just happened here. I have Google Assistant in my Family room and Kitchen and upstairs master bedroom. I am listening to a podcast while I moderate the forum in my office far away from all the assistants. All the sudden I hear my Google assistant talking, then started playing one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands, Mary on a Cross by Ghost. Just so random, is it a sign from a loved one?

o_O

I read these electronic "entities" communicate with all of your devices over your wireless.

Or maybe it is a sign from a loved one.

Or it's Friday the 13th.

1726252055937.png

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be a doodle of text

Jimi , you are such a great friend! Awesome that you help so many people!

:hug:
Thank you my friend, I was always taught to help if you can.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon family :wave:
Got up and went fishin today, got to our lake we usually fish, (one I deemed safe to eat the fish and there's a big sign closed to fishing till duck season is over:mad:, so we drove to the other end of this area, 8 miles or different lakes tiil we got to the other end where there is another lake I deem safe. It was all grown up and we could only stand in a couple spots:( but we caught 26 fish, 1 bass 3 red ear and the rest big bluegills, brim down south. A lot of people don't know is brim/bluegills eat a lot of vegetation bugs and small crustations and some fry ( new born fish ) which makes them low on the food chain and much safer that a lot of others.
I am sore tired and full of fish, it's Friday:rolleyes:

May be an image of text

May be an image of text

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I seen the coolest thing today it was a baby painted turtle, he was about the size of a nickel. I seen him comin for a ways , his little head looked like a little bug swimmin on the water then when he got right in front of me I could see him really well, smallest turtle I have ever seen. This is gonna be my good thing for today:bliss::bliss:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Tangee and Tigglee are so funny. Keep the screen door on the entertainment room closed so they are unable to get in. Tangee, he will be clear in kitchen and once he hears the the click of the lock going up out of position, he dashes to the door, makes it in, jets to hide underneath his favorite spot under the sewing machine (no, I don't sew).
In the meantime, Tigglee is sitting on top of cabinet thingie just looking into the room. Of course, the heart doesn't give me a choice, lol, I go open the door and let him. Lol, while entering he turns into a turtle 🐢 going so slow, sniffing this sniffing that, finally making it in. He is the opposite of Tangee, he walks suspiciously around while sniffing everything. And, Tangee is still underneath the sewing machine acting like he is hiding from me hoping I don't find him, lol.

This be the good thing for the day.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I seen the coolest thing today it was a baby painted turtle, he was about the size of a nickel. I seen him comin for a ways , his little head looked like a little bug swimmin on the water then when he got right in front of me I could see him really well, smallest turtle I have ever seen. This is gonna be my good thing for today:bliss::bliss:

Turtles are so adorable. I've often thought I would like to have one for a pet, but I'm not good at caring for living things, so I won't confer that risk on an innocent turtle.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Paw Paw pies are not too bad, made a few several several yrs back. Hubs parents have some Paw Paw trees at their home. But, if not picked right when they are ripen the animals gobble then up very quickly. Where my bro lives there is actually one Paw Paw tree, lol.

To my knowledge I've never tasted or even seen a paw paw, though I might have without knowing what it was. I'd love to try one, but have never seen them in the stores.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
September 14th Happy Birthday to – Ivory Tilman of The Detroit Emeralds (1941), Alex St. Clair - Captain Beefheart and The Magic Band (1941), Jack Ely - Kingsmen (1943), Joey Heatherton (1944), Pete Agnew - Nazareth (1946), Jon 'Bowzer' - Sha Na Na (1947), Fred 'Sonic' Smith - MC5 (1948), Ed King - Lynyrd Skynyrd, Steve Gaines - Lynyrd Skynyrd (1949), Paul Kossoff - Free (1950), Diva Gray - Change and also Chic (1953), Barry Cowsill - The Cowsills (1954), Steve Berlin - Los Lobos (1955), Morten Harket - AHA (1959), John Power - The La's (1967), Craig Montoya - Everclear (1970), Mark Webber - Pulp (1970), Nas (1973), Ashley Roberts - The Pussycat Dolls (1981), Amy Winehouse (1983), Tinchy Stryder (1987)
Chart News
1963 Allan Sherman at No.1 in Australia with ‘Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh’
1968 Tom Jones at NO.1 in Australia with ‘Help Yourself’
1974 Eric Clapton at No.1 on the US chart with 'I Shot The Sheriff'.
1974 Mike Oldfields at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Hergest Ridge'.
1974 Stevie Wonder at No.1 on the US album chart with 'Fulfillingness First Finale'
1981 Shakin’ Stevens at No.1 in Australia with ‘This Ole House’
1991 Paul Young at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'From Time To Time-The Singles Collection'
1991 Paula Abdul at No.1 on the US chart with 'The Promise Of A New Day'
1996 Peter Andre at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Flava' 1996 Suede atNo.1 on the UK album chart with 'Coming Up'.
2003 Mary J. Blige at No.1 on the US album chart with ‘Love & Life’
2008 Kings Of Leon at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Sex On Fire'
2008 Metallica at No.1 on the UK album chart with ‘Death Magnetic’
2013 Katy Perry at No.1 on the US and UK chart with ‘Roar’
2023 Doja Cat at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Paint the Town Red'
Gig News
1966 Otis Redding played at The Orchid Ballroom, Purley, Surrey, England.
1971 Led Zeppelin played at Berkley Community Theatre, Berkley, California.
1974 Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Joni Mitchell, The Band, Jesse Colin Young and Joe Walsh played at Wembley Stadium, London, England.
1985 Metallica introduced 'Disposable Heroes' at the Metal Hammer festival in Germany
1988 Prince played at the Met Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
1999 The Strokes made their live debut at The Spiral in New York.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Football? But I'm still watching hoops. Fever have been on a roll since the Olympic break. This was last night's highlights, starting it at about 2:10, but I loved Clark's expression after she sank a 3, they show it about 2:25, I cracked up. They lost last night.:( But they were playing arguably the best team in the league, and it was a much closer game than their previous match-ups.

VU Sponsors