Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yesterday, finally my new cell phone case was delivered and a few days before this the screen protectors arrived. Today, took off the broken phone case and the cruddy, dirty, scratched up screen protector. First replaced the protector then put new case on. It looks and feels like a new phone, without having to buy a new phone, YEY!! Can actually see EVERYTHING on the screen, lol, and this is very good thing.

Yes, I have tendency to drop my phone quite often, thank goodness the case worked until it broke, lol.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good Mornin family :wave:
In for a break from garden/yard work/winter prep stuff, really warmin up today but at least we are still gettin cool nights.;)
I hope things are goin well for Wolfie with her mom, I can tell she has her hands full, went through this with my mom.:(
I hope everyone is havin a great day :)

May be an image of road and text

May be an image of text

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Monday Sept. 16 in music
September 16th
Born on this day in Music History
BB King (1925), Joe Butler - The Lovin Spoonful (1941), Bernie Calvert - The Hollies (1942), Betty Kelly - Martha and The Vandellas (1944), Kenney Jones - Small Faces (1948), David Bellamy - Bellamy Brothers (1950), Ron Blair - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, (1948), Alan Barton - Black Lace (1953), Colin Newman - Wire (1954), Bilinda Butcher - My Bloody Valentine(1961), Stephen Jones - Babybird (1962), Richard Marx (1963), Justine Frischmann - Elastica (1969), Kathi Wolfgramm - The Jets (1970), Shannon Noll (1975), Tina Barrett - S Club 7 (1976), Musiq Soulchild (1977), Katie Melua (1984), Nick Jonas - Jonas Brothers (1992)
Chart News
1956 Anne Shelton at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Lay Down Your Arms.'
1967 Petula Clark at No.1 in Australia with ‘Don’t Sleep in the Subway’
1972 Rod Stewart at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Never A Dull Moment.'
1972 Three Dog Night at No.1 on the US chart with 'Black and White'
1978 Boston at No.1 on the US album chart with 'Don't Look Back'.
1989 Gloria Estefan at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Don't Wanna Lose You'
2001 DJ Otzi at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Hey Baby',
2006 Bob Dylan at No.1 on the US album chart with ‘Modern Times.’
2011 Pixie Lott at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'All About Tonight'
2023 Doja Cat at No.1 on the US singles chart 'Paint the Town Red'
Gig News
1970 Jimi Hendrix joined Eric Burdon on stage at Ronnie Scott’s in London for what would become the guitarist's last ever public appearance.
1971 Led Zeppelin played at Honolulu Civic Auditorium.
1972 Wishbone Ash, Family, Steppenwolf, John Kay Band, Slade, Uriah Heep, Roy Wood and Wizzard, Wild Angels, Glencoe, Sunshine and Cold Comfort Farm played at the Buxton Festival in Derbyshire, England.
1978 Blondie played at London's Hammersmith Odeon, with guests The Boyfriends.
1983 The Smiths played at The Moles Club, Bath, England.
1996 Pearl Jam played at the Key Arena in Seattle, Washington
2004 Babyshambles played at Concorde 2, Brighton, England
Music News
1977 Marc Bolan was killed in a car crash.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Whoa, good thing for today. A/C man got here about 30 min. ago, checked the outside unit, checked the indoor control box, then went looking for the inside unit in the basement. I guess he found it, because the a/c just came on! So nice to feel the humidity lifting, and know I can get things done I was postponing until I could know I wouldn't have to shower after every task, like hanging my new kitchen curtains, mopping the bathroom, moving the elliptical from under my desk to vacuum there.

I don't over-use the a/c, but when you don't have it, oh how you miss it.

When a/c guy is gone I'm having a second big coffee, maybe even with cream & sugar. I haven't eaten yet today. Didn't want the kitchen messed up or be standing at the stove while a/c guy was here.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good Mornin family :wave:
In for a break from garden/yard work/winter prep stuff, really warmin up today but at least we are still gettin cool nights.;)
I hope things are goin well for Wolfie with her mom, I can tell she has her hands full, went through this with my mom.:(
I hope everyone is havin a great day :)
:wave: Hi and good afternoon, Jimi. Thank you :hug:
As you know, it's been like a Rollercoaster ride. Sometimes its a day by day, other times minute by minute. You never know what she is going to say or do next and she has a hard time getting out what she is thinking, but lol, when she's upset she knows how to say it.
She gave my nephew a scare last week. Bro took Maggie (her doggie) to the veterinarian in the morning before heading to work. They called her said she was ready. Without informing nephew, she headed out the door, walked down to go get her. Thankfully, she still has it within her, knew how to get home. Gonna have to put a bell on her (lol) or above the door to let them know when the door opens. It scared the crap out of me when I found out.

You hear about elders on the news just leaving from wherever, oh they are called Silver Alerts, I'm pretty sure. I don't want us to be the ones on the news hearing their loved one is lost.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As you know, it's been like a Rollercoaster ride. Sometimes its a day by day, other times minute by minute. You never know what she is going to say or do next and she has a hard time getting out what she is thinking, but lol, when she's upset she knows how to say it.
She gave my nephew a scare last week. Bro took Maggie (her doggie) to the veterinarian in the morning before heading to work. They called her said she was ready. Without informing nephew, she headed out the door, walked down to go get her. Thankfully, she still has it within her, knew how to get home. Gonna have to put a bell on her (lol) or above the door to let them know when the door opens. It scared the crap out of me when I found out.

You hear about elders on the news just leaving from wherever, oh they are called Silver Alerts, I'm pretty sure. I don't want us to be the ones on the news hearing their loved one is lost.

A thing I've heard is that you keep their shoes from them. I know it seems cruel. Someone I know lost her dad not long after he started having severe dementia, more than just forgetfulness. One night she was headed to his house in her car, on the freeway, and there he was walking down the side of the freeway in his pajamas and cowboy boots. She locked up his shoes and boots after that, and got him slipper socks so he wouldn't have to walk barefoot in the house.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Yes and you never know when she might accidently step out in front of a car or get hurt somehow.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
1000011187.gif
..:).....................................................................:)..........................................

VU Sponsors