Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok gonna call it a night, 4:30 comes too early when you get old :facepalm:
Thank you to everyone for playin today;)
Hope to catch everyone tomorrow:wave:
Story pin image

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sept. 19 in music history

September 19th
Born on this day in Music History
Brook Benton (1931), Brian Epstein (1934), Nick Massi - The Four Seasons (1927), Bill Medley - The Righteous Brothers (1940), Paul Williams - Songwriter and President of ASCAP (1940), Cass Elliot - Mamas and the Papas (1941), Freda Payne (1942), David Bromberg (1945), John Coghlan - Status Quo (1946), Lol Creme - 10CC (1947), Twiggy (1949), Daniel Lanois (1951), Nile Rodgers - Chic (1952), Rusty Egan - The Rich Kids (1957), Lita Ford (1958), Jerome Benton -The Time (1962), Jerome Benton of The Time, The Family and Prince's Revolution (1962), Jarvis Cocker - Pulp (1963), Trisha Yearwood (1964), Candy Dulfer (1969), Jóhann Jóhannsson (1969), Paul Winterhart - Kula Shaker (1971), A.Jay Popoff - Lit (1973), Ryan Dusick - Maroon 5 (1977) , Sara Quin - Tegan and Sara (1980)
Chart News
1960 Chubby Checker at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'The Twist'.
1969 Creedence Clearwater Revival at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Bad Moon Rising'
1970 Diana Ross at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough'
1981 The Rolling Stones album 'Tattoo You' at No.1 on the US chart
1992 The Shamen at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Ebeneezer Goode'.
1998 Robbie Williams at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Millennium'
1999 Eiffel 65 at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Blue (Da Ba Dee')
1999 Lou Bega at No.1 in Australia with ‘Mambo No.5 (A Little Bit of …)
1999 Christina Aguilera at No.1 on the US album chart with 'Christina Aguilera'
2004 Embrace at No.1 on the UK album chart with ‘Out Of Nothing’
2004 Eric Prydz at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Call On Me.'
2009 Whitney Houston at No.1 on the US album chart with ‘I Look to You’
2015 Justin Bieber at No.1 on the US Chart with 'What Do You Mean?'
2019 Cardi B featuring Megan Thee Stallion at No.1 on the US chart with 'WAP'
Gig News
1961 The Beatles played at the Cavern Club in Liverpool.
1963 The Who performed at the Oldfield Hotel, Greenford, England.
1969 Child (featuring Bruce Springsteen) performed at the Free University, Richmond, Virginia.
1970 The first UK Glastonbury Festival took place featuring Marc Bolan, Ian Anderson, Keith Christmas, Quintessence, Amazing Blondel and Sam Apple Pie.
1979 The No Nukes concert was held at New York’s Madison Square Garden. Performers included Stephen Stills, David Crosby, Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, The Doobie Brothers, Poco, Tom Petty, Carly Simon, James Taylor and Bruce Springsteen.
1981 Simon and Garfunkel reunited for a concert in New York's Central Park.
1987 Pink Floyd played JFK Stadium in Philadelphia
Music News
1973 Gram Parsons died

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok since nobodies home I am goin to tell you a sad story
One of Jeans sisters grand kids has autism real bad. The poor kid first shown signs of it a few days after havin a seizure he had after gettin one of his ( now vast many, i think 74 :mad: ) vaccines. he's has had a tough life the mother divorced and basically worthless. Ok he sent Jean a letter wanting her to send in some box tops to get a prize but he didn't give her (Jean) any address info, I am sure his mom didn't help him either. So Jean went down to the store and got the three cereal companies addresses. While gettin the addresses she checked for the prize being offered and found no info. So sent all three a letter telling them the story and how she even questioned the kid about the prize offer and told them it would mean the world to this young boy to actually get a prize. I can remember when there was a prize of some kind in every box:(
Well that was about 5 weeks ago and so far nothing.
Ok here I go with my soapbox again. As much money as these big cereal companies make selling kid sugar coated GMOs, and they do make a fortune and they can't send a poor autistic kid a cheap toy, just out of their heart. Ok climbin down now if I can get my body to work:mad:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is pretty cool!
I didn't know about this until a few days ago, that it goes along with my name. Had no idea when I made up my name on here.

The 12 Native American Zodiac Signs

3. Wolf
(February 19 – March 20)
Season: Month of Rebirth

The wolf is the third of the Native American zodiac signs and it symbolizes speed, power, and endurance. Natives tend to silence their deepest emotions. They are artists with a mysterious and restless side, which makes them appear undecided. It’s easy to hurt them because they are very sensitive. Like the wolf, they need their own personal space, a place to retreat.
Strengths: Your advice is fair and beneficial to those around you. You are warm, sensitive, and creative.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok since nobodies home I am goin to tell you a sad story
One of Jeans sisters grand kids has autism real bad. The poor kid first shown signs of it a few days after havin a seizure he had after gettin one of his ( now vast many, i think 74 :mad: ) vaccines. he's has had a tough life the mother divorced and basically worthless. Ok he sent Jean a letter wanting her to send in some box tops to get a prize but he didn't give her (Jean) any address info, I am sure his mom didn't help him either. So Jean went down to the store and got the three cereal companies addresses. While gettin the addresses she checked for the prize being offered and found no info. So sent all three a letter telling them the story and how she even questioned the kid about the prize offer and told them it would mean the world to this young boy to actually get a prize. I can remember when there was a prize of some kind in every box:(
Well that was about 5 weeks ago and so far nothing.
Ok here I go with my soapbox again. As much money as these big cereal companies make selling kid sugar coated GMOs, and they do make a fortune and they can't send a poor autistic kid a cheap toy, just out of their heart. Ok climbin down now if I can get my body to work:mad:
You know, even if someone is home....you put whatever you want, whatever your heart desires. I hope everyone who comes in here knows this and do so.
This is so sad. I hope she hears something back. And, the bear made it up there, he is able to make it down :) cause there will be another one he will have to climb!

VU Sponsors