Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess my good thing at the moment is, I'm staying home tonight with a hangover. Not a severe one, but when you don't imbibe often, you have no tolerance. I only had two beers with the plate of nachos I split with a friend at Sam's, got home really late, worked on a project on this forum for a while, finally fell asleep. I just had "morning" coffee a couple of hours ago. At least I haven't eaten yet today, which is good since I want to look my best for a party next weekend.

Anyway, so I'll be here, logged in to play, but not continuously at my desk because I'm doing a little work on my kitchen reorganization now that I'm almost human again.

Don't feel sorry for me. I'm posting a "good thing".

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The rooster and the clock
-Natalie Dessay

An amusing song by Claude Nougaro. The rooster is in love with the clock. The hens are jealous, and time itself is jealous. The love relationship between the cock & the clock is affecting the rooster's performance.

Lyrics translated:

On a farm in Poitou A rooster loved a clock
There is no accounting for taste...
Besides, this rooster had good taste
Because the clock was very beautiful
And its ticking so soft so soft
That time thought above all
On spending its time with it

On a farm in Poitou A rooster loved a clock From dawn to dusk
And even at night like an owl
Love making him a cock-walker
A neck full of cock-a-doodle-doo
The rooster dreamed of his clock From Poitou

They were having secret discussions among the angry hens
"What is this rooster, this cocktail, this strange bird, this old cuckoo
Who despises us and who never gives us a little tap in the wing?"

On a farm in Poitou A rooster loved a clock clock
Ah, ladies, you're talking about a Jules!
There he is, singing on his knees: "Oh my clock, I adore you
Ah! let me court you, You are my hen in the golden hours My love"

It's time to put an end To this ridiculous fable,
To this crest with testicles that sings the dawn at midnight
"He advances or I retreat" our clockmaker said to himself
That trotted on its dial with the tips of its stiletto heels
Listening to his Don Juan dinning his seguedilla to him
To imagine his death no need to be a fortune teller
The clock strikes meal time, it's Coq au vin
On a farm in Poitou
A rooster loved a clock

Last edited:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There's a place called Kate O'Connor's Irish Pub that opened up maybe 15 years ago or so. Food was pretty much what you would expect from an Irish Pub, or at least what we American's assume would be served in one. Not really sure if it was what you would get in a pub in Ireland, but it all made sense to me.

They changed ownership a few months ago. Same name, but this doesn't strike me as Irish Pub fare:

1726963327342.png

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok I am gonna call it a night, pick up my messes, and jump into a hot tub of epsom salt.:bliss:
Thank you to everyone for playin today ;)
Hope to catch everyone tomorrow:wave:

d933163282b4a685f9f9ee3df7668fb1.jpg

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tonight, Tigglee surprised me by actually laying in arm and his back paws on my left hand. He stayed there between 5 to 10 minutes, it was great! Yup, this is the good thing for the day.
:cat:

When I had my own kitties back in the day, I noticed, when the weather cools, they're lovey dovey. When the weather heats up again, they're like "you're just my slave, get lost, I'm going outside".

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
September 22 in music

September 22nd
Born on this day in History
Marlena Shaw (1942), Toni Basil (1943), Paul Peterson (1945), King Sunny Ade (1946), David Coverdale - Whitesnake (1951), Mark Panker - American Music Club (1952), Richard Fairbrass - Right Said Fred (1953), Debby Boone (1956), Nick Cave (1957), Pete Jones - Public Image Ltd (1957), Shirley Jones of The Jones Girls (1958), Nelson - New Model Army (1958), Andrea Bocelli (1958), Joan Jett (1958), Andy Cairns - Therapy? (1965), N'Dea Davenport of The Brand New Heavies (1966), Mystikal (1970), Billie Piper (1982),
Chart News
1958 Connie Francis at No.1 on the UK singles chart with, 'Carolina Moon, Stupid Cupid'
1962 Tommy Roe at No.1 in Australia with ‘Sheila’
1964 Herman's Hermits at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'I'm Into Something Good'
1966 Jim Reeves at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Distant Drums'.
1973 Wizzard at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Angel Fingers'
1973 The Rolling Stones at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Goats Head Soup' 1979 Gary Numan at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Cars'.
1984 John Waite at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Missing You'.
1991 Bryan Adams at No.1 on the UK chart with '(Everything I Do), I Do It For You' for the 12th week
2002 Paul Weller at No.1 on the UK album chart with ‘Illumination’
2012 The Script featuring will.i.am at No.1 in the UK with ‘Hall of Fame’
2012 Taylor Swift at No.1 in the US with ‘We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together’
2022 Lewis Capaldi at No.1 in the UK singles chart with 'Forget Me'
Gig News
1960 The Beatles played at the Indra Club, Grosse Freiheit, Hamburg, West Germany.
1962 Johnny Cash at The White Horse Academy, Trenton, New Jersey.
1972 David Bowie performed at the Music Hall in Cleveland, Ohio.
1983 Everly Brothers performed at the Royal Albert Hall in London.
1984 Echo And The Bunnymen, Spear Of Destiny, The Sisters Of Mercy, The Redskins and The Chameleons all appeared at the first York Rock Festival, York, England.
1985 Joni Mitchell, Willie Nelson, Neil Young, Bob Dylan and Tom Petty played at the first Farm Aid concert at the Memorial Stadium at the University of Illinois, Champaign.

VU Sponsors