Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
What an interesting day today was, started with me breaking another toe I think, all black and blue and wont bend (this was before coffee) so I decided right then it would be a good to go fishin otherwise Jean would drive me nuts wantin me to go get it checked out, I didn't even tell her till we at the lake. Did't catch many fish only about 15. We were fishing about 20 feet apart and all the sudden I hear Jean scream then she's talkin to some body/thing so went to see what happened and she was standin there talkin to a water moccosin snake and gettin ready to swing at it. I got there just in time it was striking at her and she told me she was sittin in her little seat when she felt something wrap around her leg just above the ancle. I told her to leave it alone and move away from it and it would go away.
So then we get home and there's a package on our porch.
Jean had sent another letter to POST cereal company, I told you the story. but we opened it and it was these
P1480936.JPGP1480937.JPG

I am truly impressed with POST. they came next day air with a card.
So we had to run these over to the kid and did he ever like them.
Then came home and cleaned fish, the fun never ends.
Still haven't heard from the other companies.
I hope everyone had a wonderful day, ;)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of owl and text

May be an image of text

I love chili :bliss:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
What an interesting day today was, started with me breaking another toe I think, all black and blue and wont bend (this was before coffee) so I decided right then it would be a good to go fishin otherwise Jean would drive me nuts wantin me to go get it checked out, I didn't even tell her till we at the lake. Did't catch many fish only about 15. We were fishing about 20 feet apart and all the sudden I hear Jean scream then she's talkin to some body/thing so went to see what happened and she was standin there talkin to a water moccosin snake and gettin ready to swing at it. I got there just in time it was striking at her and she told me she was sittin in her little seat when she felt something wrap around her leg just above the ancle. I told her to leave it alone and move away from it and it would go away.
So then we get home and there's a package on our porch.
Jean had sent another letter to POST cereal company, I told you the story. but we opened it and it was these
View attachment 218653View attachment 218654

I am truly impressed with POST. they came next day air with a card.
So we had to run these over to the kid and did he ever like them.
Then came home and cleaned fish, the fun never ends.
Still haven't heard from the other companies.
I hope everyone had a wonderful day, ;)

What an adventurous day. I hope your toe isn't broken. Rest it Jimi, sit back with a big mint tea, elevate that foot, listen to some good podcasts.

Thank heavens that water moc didnt' bite Jean. OMG! I have to wonder if speaking to it made the difference.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sept 23 in music history

September 23rd
Born on this day in Music History
John Coltrane (1926), Ray Charles (1930), Hilly Kristal (1931), Les McCann (1935), Roy Buchanan (1939), John Banks - The Merseybeats (1943), Julio Iglesias (1943), Steve Boone - The Lovin Spoonful (1943), Walter and Wallace Scott - The Whispers (1943), Mary Kay Place (1947), Bruce Springsteen (1949), Leon Taylor(1955), John Rocca of Freeze Ani DiFranco (1960), Jermaine Dupri (1972), Erik-Michael Estrada - O-Town (1979), Natalie Horler - Cascada (1981), Diana Ortiz - Dream (1985)
Chart News
1957 The Crickets at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'That'll Be The Day'
1961 The Shadows at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Shadows'
1961 The Highwaymen at No.1 in Australia with “I’m Gonna Knock on Your Door”
1965 The Walker Brothers at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Make It Easy On Yourself'
1967 The Box Tops at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'The Letter'
1972 Mac Davis at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me'
1974 Paper Lace at No.1 in Australia with ‘The Night Chicago Died’
1978 10cc at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Dreadlock Holiday.'
1985 Huey Lewis and the News at No.1 in Australia with ‘The Power of Love’
1989 Milli Vanilli at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Girl I'm Gonna Miss You'
1989 The Eurythmics at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'We Too Are One'
1995 Shaggy at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Boombastic'
2001 Jay-Z at No.1 on the US album chart with 'The Blueprint'.
2001 Kylie Minogue at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head'
2001 Macy Gray at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'The id'.
2006 Beyonce at No.1 on the US album chart with ‘B'Day.’
2007 James Blunt at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'All The Lost Souls'
2017 Taylor Swift at No.1 on the US singles chart with ‘Look What You Made Me Do’
2021 Ed Sheeran at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Shivers'
2023 Olivia Rodrigo at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Vampire'
Gig News
1966 The 'Rolling Stones played at the Royal Albert Hall London. Supported by The Yardbirds,
1971 Led Zeppelin played at The Budokan Hall, Tokyo, Japan.
1980 Bob Marley made his last stage appearance at the Stanley Theatre in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania during which he collapsed. Marley died 8 months later.
1997 The Rolling Stones played at Soldier Field in Chicago.
2000 Radiohead played at London's Tower Hamlets, Victoria Park

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
BE GENTLE WITH YOUR MOTHER
💕

There are times that a quick, short answer jumps out of your mouth. Full of sharp edges that draw blood. And you look away, so you don’t need to see the pain you know you caused.
Half of what she does, you don’t understand. The things she allows leave you cold and irritate you.
One moment you want to fold her in your arms, the next you wish you could just shake her a bit.
One day, it will all make sense to you.
The things she never told you about are the very things that hollowed out her insides and then built her up again, so she can carry more and more where no one can see the weight. Those things that sometimes break her where you can actually see it, even though you prefer not to.
Her eyes notice everything, yet she keeps so much to herself. She steps back and offers her hope for the sake of her child’s happiness. The gratitude she deserves for doing that is far and few between, yet her flame of gratitude reaches close to the Heavens.
Should you be blessed enough to still have her breathing the air of this earth, it’s time you start digging in your gratitude-archives and find the warmth in your heart, the forgiveness in your voice and the same amazement you had as a toddler for her. I beg of you to please, today and every day, be gentle with your Mother.
Because the day will come that her morning greeting will no longer be.
Her words “I love you my child” will no longer be.
Her voice will no longer be heard.
All that will be left are memories..
Be gentle with your Mother.
With love and a hug,
Credit goes to the respective owner ~
Have great day/nite!Lots of Luv,Hugs & Kisses coming ur way!
❤
🙂
xoxoxo
🙂
❤

Sweet Dreams,Good Nite,Sleep Tight,Don`t let the bedbugs bite!LuvYa!
❤
🙂
xoxoxo
🙂
❤

(¯`´¯).✫
`*.¸ ✻ *
May be a black-and-white image of 1 person

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
SC stands for super concentrate, I haven't seen anywhere sellin it either :confused:
Its really strange! They have a mix of SC Boysenberry and SC Raspberry. Wonder what is so different with SC Raspberry and SC Blueberry. Just really sucks, haven't found a replacement for these two. But, I'm trying that Boysenberry Raspberry, hoping it works well with rest of the recipe, my EDV BluRaz.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Its really strange! They have a mix of SC Boysenberry and SC Raspberry. Wonder what is so different with SC Raspberry and SC Blueberry. Just really sucks, haven't found a replacement for these two. But, I'm trying that Boysenberry Raspberry, hoping it works well with rest of the recipe, my EDV BluRaz.
At this point all we can do is try different things and hope for the best, Damn government

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of text

Sept 24 in music history

September 24th
Born on this day in Music History
Anthony Newley (1931), Mel Taylor - The Ventures (1933), Wayne Henderson of The Jazz Crusaders (1939), Barbara Allbut - The Angels (1940), Gerry Marsden - Gerry and the Pacemakers (1942), Linda McCartney - Wings (1941), Rosa Lee Hawkins - The Dixie Cups (1944), Carson Osten - Nazz/Utopia (1946), Jerry Donahue - Fairport Convention (1946), Kjell Asperud - Titanic (1946), Mark Sandman from Morphine (1952), Cedric Dent of Take 6 (1962), Shawn “Clown” Crahan from Slipknot (1969, Marty Cintron III - No Mercy (1971), Peter Salisbury - The Verve (1971)
Chart News
1960 The Ventures at No.1 for the second week in the Australian chart with ‘Walk Don’t Run’
1966 The Beatles at No.1 for the third week with ‘Yellow Submarine / Eleanor Rigby’
1961 John Leyton at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Johnny Remember Me.'
1966 The Association at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Cherish'.
1975 Rod Stewart at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Sailing'.
1983 Billy Joel at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Tell Her About It'
1983 UB40 at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Labour Of Love.'
1983 Culture Club at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Karma Chameleon'
1988 Bobby McFerrin at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Don't Worry Be Happy'
1988 The Hollies at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother' 2000 Madonna at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Music'
2000 Mariah Carey and Westlife s at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Against All Odds.
2000 Kylie Minogue at No.1 in Australia with ‘On a Night Like This’
2006 Scissor Sisters at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Ta-Dah' and ‘I Don't Feel Like Dancin' at No.1 on the UK singles chart
2011 One Direction at No.1 on the UK chart with ‘What Makes You Beautiful’
2015 Drake featuring Wizkid and Kyla at No.1 on the UK chart with ‘One Dance’
Gig News
1963 The Rolling Stones performed at the Ricky Tick Club, Thames Hotel, Windsor, England.
1965 The Rolling Stones played at The Astoria, London with The Spencer Davis Group, Unit Four + 1 and The Checkmates.
1967 Traffic featuring Steve Winwood made their live debut at the Saville Theatre in London
1965 Bob Dylan played at Austin Municipal Auditorium in Austin, Texas
1972 David Bowie appeared at the New Fisher Theatre, Detroit
1972 Deep Purple played at City Hall, Newcastle upon Tyne
1980 The Son Of Stiff Tour, featuring acts signed to Stiff Records, kicked off in London with Tenpole Tudor, Any Trouble, Joe King Carrasco, The Equators and Dirty Looks.
2003 The Dave Matthews Band played at Central Park in New York City

VU Sponsors