Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Ok since nobodies home I am goin to tell you a sad story
One of Jeans sisters grand kids has autism real bad. The poor kid first shown signs of it a few days after havin a seizure he had after gettin one of his ( now vast many, i think 74 :mad: ) vaccines. he's has had a tough life the mother divorced and basically worthless. Ok he sent Jean a letter wanting her to send in some box tops to get a prize but he didn't give her (Jean) any address info, I am sure his mom didn't help him either. So Jean went down to the store and got the three cereal companies addresses. While gettin the addresses she checked for the prize being offered and found no info. So sent all three a letter telling them the story and how she even questioned the kid about the prize offer and told them it would mean the world to this young boy to actually get a prize. I can remember when there was a prize of some kind in every box:(
Well that was about 5 weeks ago and so far nothing.
Ok here I go with my soapbox again. As much money as these big cereal companies make selling kid sugar coated GMOs, and they do make a fortune and they can't send a poor autistic kid a cheap toy, just out of their heart. Ok climbin down now if I can get my body to work:mad:
Bless Jean for getting involved and trying. I am sure these companies get thousands of these types of letters a week and hopefully Jean hears back from them, may take a while though.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good mornin Family :wave:
Hot ole day here today, just so humid:rolleyes: makes me sleepy
I hope everyone is havin a fantastic day:)

May be an image of text

No photo description available.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
September 20th in music
September 20th Born on this day in Music History
Eddie Bo (1930), Eric Gale (1938), Sweet Pea Atkinson - Was Not Was (1945), Mick Rogers - Manfred Mann's Earth Band (1946), Chuck and John Panozzo - Styx (1948), Alannah Currie - The Thompson Twins (1957), Dave Hemmingway - The Housemartins (1960), Tommy Victor - Prong (1961), Robert Wiggins - Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five (1960), Nuno Bettencourt - Extreme (1966), Matthew and Gunnar Nelson - Nelson (1967), Ben Shepherd - Soundgarden (1968), David "Trugoy The Dove' Jolicoeur of DeLa Soul (1968), Tim Rogers - You Am I (1969), Rick Woolstenhulme - Lifehouse (1979), Keith Semple - One True Voice (1981)
Chart News
1969 The Archies at No.1 on the US singles chart with Sugar Sugar.
1969 Blind Faith at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Blind Faith'.
1975 David Bowie at No.1 on the US chart with'Fame'
1975 Janis Ian at No.1 on the US album chart with 'Between The Lines'.
1980 Kate Bush at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Never For Ever.'
1980 Queen at No.1 on the US album chart with 'The Game'
1982 Survivor at No.1 in Australia with ‘Eye of the Tiger’
1986 Huey Lewis and the News at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Stuck With You'
1997 Elton John at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Something About The Way You Look Tonight'
2008 Young Jeezy at No.1 on the US album chart with ‘The Recession’
2009 Muse at No.1 on the UK album chart with ‘The Resistance’
2014 Calvin Harris featuring John Newman at No.1 on the UK chart with ‘Blame’
Gig News
1964 The Beatles played a Charity concert at the Paramount Theatre in New York City
Music News
1969 During a meeting in London between John Lennon, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, Lennon announced he was leaving The Beatles.
1973 Jim Croce died in a plane crash

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is pretty cool!
I didn't know about this until a few days ago, that it goes along with my name. Had no idea when I made up my name on here.

The 12 Native American Zodiac Signs

3. Wolf
(February 19 – March 20)
Season: Month of Rebirth

The wolf is the third of the Native American zodiac signs and it symbolizes speed, power, and endurance. Natives tend to silence their deepest emotions. They are artists with a mysterious and restless side, which makes them appear undecided. It’s easy to hurt them because they are very sensitive. Like the wolf, they need their own personal space, a place to retreat.
Strengths: Your advice is fair and beneficial to those around you. You are warm, sensitive, and creative.

There's a book you might enjoy, Animal Speak by Ted Andrews. It's one I'll never let go of, and over the years I've often referred back to it for symbolism, dream interpretation and other things.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
September 21 in music

September 21st
Born on this day in Music History
Jimmy Young (1921), Don Preston - The Mothers of Invention (1932), Leonard Cohen (1934), Dickey Lee (1936), U-Roy (1942), G C Cameron (1945), Don Felder - The Eagles (1947), Linda G Thompson of Silver Convention (1948), Willie Wilcox - Hall And Oates (1951), Dave Gregory - XTC (1952), Phil Taylor - Motorhead (1954), Corinne Drewery - Swing Out Sister (1959), Faith Hill (1967), Timmy T (1967), Tyler Stewart - Barenaked Ladies (1967), Jon Brookes - The Charlatans (1968), Trugoy - De La Soul (1968), David Silveria - Korn (1972), Liam Gallagher - Oasis (1972), Lindsey Stirling (1986)
Maneater
Chart News
1963 Bobby Vinton at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Blue Velvet'
1963 The Atlantics at No.1 in Australia with ‘Bombora’
1968 Deep Purple at No.4 on the US singles chart with 'Hush'
1968 Jeannie C Riley at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Harper Valley PTA'
1970 Freda Payne at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Band Of Gold'
1974 Barry White at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Can't Get Enough Of Your Love Baby'
1974 Carl Douglas at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Kung Fu Fighting'
1981 Adam And The Ants at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Prince Charming'.
1985 Madonna at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Like A Virgin'
1985 Dire Straits at No.1 on the US chart with 'Money For Nothing'
1991 Color Me Bad at No.1 on the US chart with 'I Adore Mi Amor'
1991 Dire Straits at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'On Every Street'.
1996 R.E.M. at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'New Adventures In Hi-Fi'.
1996 The Fugees at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Ready Or Not'.
2002 Pink at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Just Like A Pill',
2003 Hilary Duff at No.1 on the US album chart with ‘Metamorphosis.’ The Black Eyed Peas at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Where Is The Love.'
2017 Sam Smith at No.1 on the UK chart with ‘Too Good at Goodbyes’
2019 Lizzo at No.1 on the US chart with 'Truth Hurts'
Gig News
1964 The Rolling Stones played at The ABC in Hull, England.
1969 Jimmy Cliff, Johnny Nash, Desmond Dekker and Jackie Edwards performed at London's Empire Pool Caribbean Music Festival.
1979 Siouxsie and the Banshees played at Manchester's Apollo Theatre with The Cure.
1980 The Michael Schenker group made their UK debut at Bristol's Colston Hall.
1988 Def Leppard played at Meadowlands Arena, East Rutherford, New Jersey.
1989 U2 played at Perth Entertainment Center in Australia
1991 Status Quo put themselves in the Guinness Book Of Records by appearing four venues in one day, Sheffield, Glasgow, Birmingham and London, performing all four in a 12-hour period.
2002 Paul McCartney performed at The Bradley Center, Milwaukee.

VU Sponsors