SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, if anyone ever wanted to "party like it's 1999" here is your chance.

I read only recently that Prince changed his name to TAFKAP (the artist formerly known as Prince) due to copyright laws, after he broke contract with Warner Bros. over their production schedule. He inked the word "slave" on his cheek for performances, and had to stop using the name "Prince" because WB had trademarked it.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A jigsaw puzzle for Snap...

1727626432318.png

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good mornin Family :wave:
Beautiful day here, gonna work more on gettin the yard in order later:facepalm:
I hope the day is bein kind to everyone;)

May be an image of text that says '็”Ÿๅฎถ -GOOD- Sunday Morning Crafty Family Designs LLO'

May be an image of 1 person, dog, heart and text

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
September 29th
Born on this day in Music History
Gene Autry (1907), Shirley Gunter of Shirley Gunter and The Queens (1934), Jerry Lee Lewis (1935), Joe 'Guitar' Hughes, (1937), Tommy Boyce (1939), Manuel Fernandez - Los Bravos (1943), Mark Farner - Grand Funk Railroad (1948), Mike Pinera - Blues Image (1948), Mari Wilson (1954), Suzzy Roche - The Roches (1956), Mick Harvey - The Birthday Party, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (1958), Iain Baker - Jesus Jones (1965), Tony Foster 'Doggen' - Spiritualized, (1966), Matt & Luke Goss - Bros (1968), Devante Swing - Jodeci (1969), Brett Anderson - Suede (1967), Debelah Morgan (1973), Suzanne Shaw - Hear'Say (1981), Josh Farro - Paramore (1987)
Chart News
1960 Ricky Valance at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Tell Laura I Love Her'
1973 Grand Funk Railroad at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'We're An American Band'
1979 Boney M at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Oceans Of Fantasy'.
1979 The Police at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Message In A Bottle'
1980 Diana Ross at No.1 in Australia with โ€˜Upside Downโ€™
1984 Prince and the Revolution at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Let's Go Crazy'
1990 Maria McKee at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Show Me Heaven'
1990 Nelson at No.1 on the US singles chart with '(Can't Live Without Your) Love and Affection'
2002 Kelly Clarkson at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'A Moment Like This.'
2002 Will Young and Gareth Gates at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'The Long And Winding Road.'
2007 Kanye West at No.1 on the UK with โ€˜Strongerโ€™
Gig News
1967 The Small Faces played at the Royal in Tottenham, London
1969 The Doors performed at Lincoln Center's 7th New York Film Festival, New York City.
1971 Gilbert O'Sullivan played at London's Royal Albert Hall
1980 Elvis Costello supported by The Stray Cats appeared at the Rainbow, London, England.
1991 Metallica started their 'Wherever We May Roam' world tour at the Civic Center in Peoria, Illinois
Music News
2020 Helen Reddy died

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok I haveta admit I don't have a clue what chicken mole is, :facepalm:

It's a delicious sauce made of ground up nuts or pumpkin seeds, ground up dried chile peppers, garlic, broth, and often has ground unsweetened chocolate in it. Some would say yes to the onions, others would say no. You cook the chicken pieces in the sauce, or you can rub it all over your organically raised free range turkey bird for Thanksgiving (free range doesn't have to be organic, but organic has to be free range). I'll look for a recipe for you. It's pronounced "moley" or "molay". It comes from the Puebla region of Mexico.

I have actually made black eyed peas in mole sauce for new years for vegetarians. That was delish.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's a delicious sauce made of ground up nuts or pumpkin seeds, ground up dried chile peppers, broth, and often has ground unsweetened chocolate in it. You cook the chicken pieces in it, or you can rub it all over your organically raised free range turkey bird for Thanksgiving (free range doesn't have to be organic, but organic has to be free range). I'll look for a recipe for you. It's pronounced "moley" or "molay". It comes from the Puebla region of Mexico.

This one looks pretty good. It shows him charring all the veg in a pan, charring and soaking the dried chilis, assembling the nuts and seeds. I don't know what the animal cookies are doing there.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's a delicious sauce made of ground up nuts or pumpkin seeds, ground up dried chile peppers, garlic, broth, and often has ground unsweetened chocolate in it. Some would say yes to the onions, others would say no. You cook the chicken pieces in the sauce, or you can rub it all over your organically raised free range turkey bird for Thanksgiving (free range doesn't have to be organic, but organic has to be free range). I'll look for a recipe for you. It's pronounced "moley" or "molay". It comes from the Puebla region of Mexico.

I have actually made black eyed peas mole for new years for vegetarians. That was delish.
When the moon hits your eye like a sauced chicken thigh that's a mole.:teehee:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Please forgive me, I don't like to boost, but this is wonderful and its been ages waiting to get one, but the main reason I'm telling this is what happened later on, but you need to know why she was in a grumpy mood.

On Friday, bro, nephew, and mum brought over a new Sleep Number mattress. Mum was unhappy because she was left kinda alone. With getting the old mattress out, moving in the new one and getting it set up, she was grumpy. She wouldn't sit on the couch, wouldn't sit at the table, not on the deck, she went to the vehicle and sat. Mind you she had on three shirts to keep warm, and it was 87ยฐ outside.
It was towards the end of getting the bed setup, I told nephew to please go out there to see if she would come in, he did. While he went out, I discussed with bro about going up to Holton and getting pizza, he agreed.
YEY, mum actually listened to nephew and she came in, still grumpy, lol. But, we all got into the vehicle and headed up north. All the sudden mum snapped out of her grumpy mood, she was joking, smiling, laughing and talkative. She even made a fish face, it was hilarious!
I'm grateful that bro agreed to go get pizza, it changed mum to her old self and we all was there to enjoy her :inlove:

Two good things for Friday :)
(It was mum who bought the mattress for me. I've reminded her everyday what she did me, I'm so Very Grateful for her doing this)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I have actually made black eyed peas mole for new years for vegetarians. That was delish.
Wow cool thank you my friend :hug:

VU Sponsors