Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Corn Whiskey
-New Christy Minstrels

My grandma had this album. My baby brother loved this song, and went around singing the words he could remember, mostly just "corn whiskey corn whiskey corn whiskey I cry... If I don't get corn whiskey I surely will die". When he was 3-4 years old.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good mornin family :wave:
Warmin up nicely today 67 now:rolleyes:
I hope the day is being kind to everyone:)

May be an image of text

May be an image of 1 person and text

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be a doodle of heart and text

October 9th Born on this day in Music History
Yusef Lateef (1920), O.V. Wright (1939), Pat Burke - The Foundations (1937), John Lennon (1940), John Entwistle - The Who (1944),Nona Hendryx (1944), Jeannie C. Riley (1945), Jackson Browne (1948), Dave Samuels of Spyro Gyra (1948), Rod Temperton (1949), James Fearnley - The Pogues (1954), Ini Kamoze (1957), Thomas Wydler - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (1959), Kenny Garrett (1960), Mat Osman - Suede (1967), Vickie Perks - We've got a Fuzz Box and we're Gonna Use it (1968), PJ Harvey (1969), Nicky Byrne - Westlife (1978), Sean Lennon ( 1975)
Chart News
1961 Ray Charles at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Hit The Road Jack'
1965 The Beatles at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Yesterday'
1964 Normie Rowe at No.1 on the Australian chart with Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be / ShakinAll Over
1971 Rod Stewart at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Maggie May'
1976 Walter Murphy and the Big Apple Band at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'A Fifth Of Beethoven'
1976 Dr Feelgood at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Stupidity'
1978 Dragon at No.1 on the Australian chart with Are You Old Enough?
1993 Nirvana at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'In Utero.'
1993 Take That at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Relight My Fire'.
1993 The Pet Shop Boys at to No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Very.'
1999 Mariah Carey featuring Jay-Z at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Heartbreaker.'
2005 Franz Ferdinand at No.1 on the UK album chart with You Could Have It So Much Better .
2006 Razorlight at No.1 on the UK chart with 'America'
2010 Bruno Mars at No.1 on the US chart with Just the Way You Are
2010 Tinie Tempah featuring Eric Turner at No,1 on the UK chart with Written in the Stars
2021 Coldplay and BTS at No.1 on the US singles chart with ‘My Universe’
Gig News
1971 The Who played at the University of Surrey, Guildford
1978 The Human League performed at Sheffield University, England.
1981 The Rolling Stones played at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles, California. Support act was Prince, who dressed in his controversial bikini briefs and trench coat ran off stage after 15 minutes due to the crowd booing and throwing beer cans at him.
2000 Robbie Williams played the first of two sold out nights at Birmingham NEC, England.

VU Sponsors