Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I just got my Internet back at 5:30am it had been out since 4:30pm yesterday, we have had an awful wind and rain storm here, though not as bad as Florida. I finally decided to get an automatic generator for my house, gets installed next Wednesday. Too many power outages here where I live.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just got my Internet back at 5:30am it had been out since 4:30pm yesterday, we have had an awful wind and rain storm here, though not as bad as Florida. I finally decided to get an automatic generator for my house, gets installed next Wednesday. Too many power outages here where I live.

Do you mind telling us what kind you got?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of heart and text

October 10th
Born on This Day in Music History
Ivory Joe Hunter (1914), Thelonious Monk (1917), Alan Cartwright - Procul Harum (1945), Jerry Lacroix - Blood Sweat &Tears (1945), John Prine (1946), Cyril Neville (1948), Keith Grimes - Eva Cassidy (1951), David Lee Roth - Van Halen (1953), Midge Ure (1953), Tanya Tucker (1958), Kirsty MacColl (1959), Eric Martin - Mr. Big (1960), Martin Kemp - Spandau Ballet (1961), Jonathan Butler (1961), Curtis Hairston (1961), Jim Glennie - James (1963), Johnny Male - Republica (1963), Graham Crabb - Pop will Eat Itself (1964), Mike Malinin - Goo Goo Dolls (1967), Scott Morriss - The Bluetones (1973), Richard Oakes - Suede (1976), Mya (1979),
Lizzy Hale - Halestorm (1983)
Chart News
1960 Larry Verne at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Mr Custer'.
1963 Brian Poole and The Tremeloes at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Do You Love Me.'
1964 Roy Orbison at No.1 on the Australian chart with Pretty Woman
1970 Black Sabbath at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Paranoid.
1970 Neil Diamond at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Cracklin' Rosie'
1977 Donna Summer at No.1 on the Australian chart with I Feel Love
1981 The Police at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Ghost In The Machine'
1987 Whitesnake at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Here I Go Again'
1992 Garth Brooks at No.1 on the US album chart with, 'The Chase'
1992 R.E.M. at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Automatic For The People'
1999 Christina Aguilera at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Genie In A Bottle'
2004 Robbie Williams at No.1 on the UK chart with 'Radio'
2009 Pearl Jam at No.1 on the US album chart with Backspacer
2019 TONES AND I at No.1 on the UK singles chart with ‘Dance Monkey’
2020 Travis Scott featuring Young Thug and M.I.A. at No.1 on the US chart with ‘Franchise’
Gig News
1959 The Quarry Men played at the Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
1963 Little Richard, The Everly Brothers, Bo Diddley, The Rolling Stones, Micky Most, The Flintstones and Bob Bain all appeared at The Gaumont, Wolverhampton, England.
1964 The Beatles appeared at De Montfort Hall in Leicester
1973 Rod Stewart &The Faces and Rory Gallagher appeared at San Diego Sports Arena, San Diego. California.
1983 Wham! played in Aberdeen, Scotland.
2000 Britney Spears played Wembley Arena, London
Music News
1970 The first issue of Sounds the British music paper was published. It was well known initially for giving away posters in the centre of the paper, Sounds closed on April 6, 1991.
2009 Stephen Gately from Boyzone died

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good mornin Family :wave:
Woke up feelin pretty good today, hope what ever I have is on it's way out:bliss:

I'm so glad you're feeling better Jimi. If you went to the doctor he'd probably say you have the Coofid. I spoke to a friend the other day, someone I used to laugh with about the Coofid scam, the "zombie tentacles", the lockdowns (we had lunch together during the 2020 lockdown). So he calls me, sounding congested. He says "doc says I have the Coofid". I said you're kidding. Four years later and they're still peddling that? He's mad at me now.

The only harm the Coofid ever did was disrupting relationships, and it's obviously still doing that. Any harm is from the poison darts it was whomped up to sell.

So where is that Kad? I wish he would come home. I can only speculate, but every time I do I'm wrong. Lately I'm thinking he's having a good personal renaissance after some bad experiences a few years ago, and has things to do and places to be now, besides just working. I hope so, but I miss his humor and intelligence. Hope he doesn't have the Coofid 🙄.

@SirKadly ......................

😭😭😭

VU Sponsors