VU Patreon
6832f6892bb1874819c5f3118e918b1b.gif

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Maybe this one? It's from 5 years ago.

The more we see these things captured on video in this internet era, the weaker becomes any notion that animals don't have the same kind of intelligence as humans. The stray cats have decimated the squirrel population on my block, but when we had a robust squirrel population, every time I walked outside some of them would stop what they were doing and make eye contact with me for a few seconds. One time when I went for a walk a little young one came down a tree to look at me, "hi", then scampered back up. When I returned from the walk, the same one came back down again, "bye".

They'll stop digging when you come along, because they don't want you to know where they're hiding a nut. Then when you get indoors and look out the window, you'll see they have resumed digging.

I like the little baby critter you posted today.
P

Yup, that's the one. Thanks for finding it :cool:

When we lived in the 'big city' of Topeka, lol, I use to throw purple grapes to the Robin's and sometimes a few Cardinals. They would show up in the mornings at the same time each day. It was cute watching them hop over to eat the grapes. I really miss feeding them. Country Robins and Cardinals are different, they are not social at all.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

"Hey how 'bout ya Alabama? Roll on!"

They come to Bergton, VA fair one year. They were only supposed to be there for one set of songs as a surprise guest. One of the other groups had gotten delayed, Alabama graciously agreed to pull a set, maybe four songs. The other group unfortunately got really tied up. Alabama wound up being at the fair all three nights, playing all night each night.

They took some real trash talk for it. The truth of it was nobody at the fair wanted the other group to show. The other group was just as good. Trouble being, the other group was only "playing". Alabama had lived our brand of country and knew how to have a fiddle in the band!

In case you missed the sign, "Texas, it's not just in Texas!"

This from a Floor I Duh born Virginia country boy turned West By Gaawd Ginny, Hillbilly. Country be country, all the same red,white & blue.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Get on up and dance

LOL

Let's Dance

I'm still not admitting he's gone. Bowie is forever! And yes, I'd tremble and melt into him. Not that I'm one needing asbestos to handle.

ROFLMA!!! Oh goodness. Sorry, just had a spark of memory.

That jerk assistant department head, told me one night, "Oh Ben, you're such a masculine man. It's rare to see such a masculine guy." LOL

Told my wife. "Sounds like he was trying to hit on you."

"Well, sorry, his snivelling self isn't near my type. I just let it drop, crickets not chirping and all."

"Oh you're so cruel."

I sang back a few lines from Spacehog's _Cruel to be kind_, she shook her head and called me a weirdo.

"You said okay to having me, ... Too Late!"

We laughed a while.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I Just Died In Your Arms- Cutting Crew
She wrote this after discovering there was a hole in the locker room wall of her high school gym, carved out by a peeping tom. She reckoned by the distance and direction, the peeper wouldn't have seen much other than legs and arms. It led to this whole song idea.

Legs and Arms

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

One song I want played full out "loud & proud" over huge amplified speakers, at any kind of wake, celebration of my life. I also ask no one cries over me for at least three days. I'll need that as "head start" to finally be away from this cold, cold world. Don't want to come "back 'round" because think I'm done.

Let "Pookie" & "Bobby" carry me home. No tears, only joy that I've lived, loved, laughed and spread light.

Got to recalling a song taught me by a Ranger the other night while working on something with wife.

"I want to be a Ranger/
We don't live in any Danger/
Be a Ranger/
Never know a Stranger/
When a Ranger/
Never strike in Anger/ ..."

She looked a little befuddled, then got all wee little voiced. "My dad told me something like that once. He had to have Delta Force stage overnight. He said one of them sang that, or something very much like it."

I nodded, "yeah, had a former Delta teaching me that along with other 'stuff' when I was a little boy. Thought it was just more of my uncle "Buddy's" fun & games."

Of course, Buddy had taught me hard core infantry. He and Pap both did, until after about two years they dropped me off with this former Delta. "We can't teach you anymore 'games', go see him." I visited with him for about four years off and on, soaked all of it up I could like a sponge. Stuff inside, still milling around, brewing, rising to surface at odd times.

On a recent chat with my mom, I admitted to her jumping from planes. She chuckled and then was serious, "Buddy told me about your firs HALO". I just shook my head, asked, "Gee mom did I ever raise any Hell you didn't know about?"

"Very little and very granular details, son, for the best nobody knew too."

*chuckles* Got to love a mom like that, I guess. She probably knows where I left my very first Silly Putty glob. I've missed my fav-o-rite toy so long! Would she ever tell me? Probably not and it was her what taught me water boarding immunity, so no torturing it out of her. *sighs & lol*

"That's it, keep laughing son!"

Clarifying: No, I was never a Ranger. Knew plenty of them, hung around doing lots of fun stuff they did. Never been anything but some regular guy. Got fortunate to know some of our Nation's best. Some passed along wisdom, advice, a bit of training. Again, I'm still just some regular guy. Not saying I am anything but. You might know what tricks magicians use, doesn't make you a magician.

I'd never seek false glory. True glory is owed to those who go out and do. I by far know, yes, I got stones. Also, know I got nowhere near enough stones to go out and do like those that do. They deserve all glory and credit owed. Just happy to have known some of them as friends, in passing. They truly do inspire one to keep moving forward.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Spirits of the material world
This is a beautiful instrumental that sounds like an old fashioned church hymn, but it's an original composition from the late Charlie Haden. I love the soul settling quality of it, the combined piano and bass, then the separate piano meditation, then the separate bass meditation.

Spiritual

Last edited:

VU Sponsors