Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good evenin Family:wave:
Had to take Jean for a doctor appointment this morning and when we finally got home decided to burn all our downed branches from the year and all the branches I trimmed off bushes and trees here, barely made it before dark. We only get a short period that we can burn legally. Neighbor kids came over and helped.:)
I hope the day was kind to everyone

May be an image of 1 person and text

May be an image of text

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
October 16th Born on this day
Bert Kaempfert (1923), Sugar Pie DeSanto (1935), Emile Ford (1937), Nico - Velvet Underground (1938), Dave Loveday - The Fourmost (1942), Fred Turner - Bachman Turner Overdrive (1943), Glodean White (1946), Bob Weir - The Grateful Dead (1947), Carla Benson (1947), Rita Graham of The Raelettes/Mirettes (1949), Cordell "Boogie" Mosson in Parliament / Funkadelic (1952), Tony Carey - Rainbow (1953), Kellie Marie (1957), Gary Kemp - Spandau Ballet (1959), Bob Mould - Hüsker Dü i(1960), Flea - Red Hot Chili Peppers (1962), Simon Bartholomew - The Brand New Heavies (1965), Wendy Wilson - Wilson Phillips (1969), John Mayer (1977), Loreen (1983)
Chart News
1956 Frankie Laine at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'A Woman In Love'
1969 Bobbie Gentry at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'I'll Never Fall In Love Again'
1972 Hot Butter at No.1 in Australia with Popcorn
1976 Rick Dees and his Cast Of Idiots at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Disco Duck'
1976 Stevie Wonder at No.1 on the US album chart with 'Songs In The Key Of Life'
1988 Whitney Houston at No.1 on the UK chart with 'One Moment In Time.'
1999 Santana at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Smooth'
2005 Sugababes at No.1 on the UK album chart with Taller In More Ways'
2008 Britney Spears at No.1 on the US singles chart with Womanizer
2010 CeeLo Green at No.1 in the UK with Forget You
Gig News
1962 Little Richard appeared live at the Gaumont Theatre, Southampton.
1962 Motown Records package tour started in Washington DC, featuring Marvin Gaye, The Supremes, Mary Wells, The Miracles and 12 year old Stevie Wonder.
1973 Wishbone Ash supported by Home appeared at Sheffield's City Hall
1974 The Grateful Dead played at the Winterland Arena, San Francisco, California

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
October 17th
Born on this day in the history of music
Jeannine" Deckers 'The Singing Nun' (1933), Rico Rodrigues - The Specials (1934), Michael Eavis (1935), Alan Howard - The Tremeloes (1941), Jim Seals - Seals & Croft (1941), Gary Puckett - The Union Gap (1942), Catfish Collins-James Brown/Parliament-Funkadelic (1943), Michael Hossack - The Doobie Brothers (1946), Alan Jackson (1958), Dana Colley-Morphine (1961), Anne Rogers - Popinjays (1962), Rene Dif - Aqua (1967), Ziggy Marley (1968), Eminem (1972), Wyclef Jean - The Fugees (1969), Chris Kirkpatrick - *NSYNC (1971), Nikki Lane - 1983
Chart News
1953 Frankie Laine at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Hey Joe!'
1960 The Drifters at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Save The Last Dance For Me'
1964 Manfred Mann at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Do Wah Diddy Diddy'
1970 The Jackson Five at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'I'll Be There'
1977 Andy Gibb at No.1 in Australia with I Just Want to Be Your Everything
1981 Christopher Cross at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Arthur's Theme, (Best That You Can Do)'
1987 Bruce Springsteen at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Tunnel Of Love'
1987 Lisa Lisa and Cold Cut at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Lost In Emotion'
1987 The Bee Gees at No.1 on the UK chart with 'You Win Again'
1992 Prince scored his fourth UK No.1 album with 'Symbol'.
1992 Tasmin Archer's debut single 'Sleeping Satellite' was at No.1 in the UK,
1998 English singer Billie scored her second consecutive UK No.1 single with 'Girlfriend.'
1998 Phil Collins at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Hits'
1998 The Barenaked Ladies at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'One Week'
2004 Usher and Alicia Keys at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'My Boo'
2004 R.E.M at No.1 on the US album chart with 'Around The Sun'
2009 Barbra Streisand at No.1 on the US album chart with Love Is the Answer
2009 Jay Sean featuring Lil Wayne at No.1 in the US with Down
2015 The Weeknd at No.1 in the US with The Hills
Gig News
1967 Traffic, The Young Rascals, Vanilla Fudge, Art and Keith West played at the De Montfort Hall, Leicester.
1969 Led Zeppelin played at Carnegie Hall in New York City.
1987 The Style Council played at the Apollo in Manchester.
1992 The Frank And Walters appeared at The Junction, Cambridge with Radiohead as support.
Music News
1977 Lynyrd Skynyrd released 'Street Survivors' this was to be the final album with the original lineup

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok haven't done this in a while but my good thing for today is an old friend I used to work with stopped by, I seen him about 2 weeks ago at the store and said Hey Don when you gonna come over and fix my roof where the tornado messed up the shingles, he said I'll get over there one of these days, well today was one of these days, he stayed for supper and a chat. now my shingles aren't crooked, some were only hangin on by one nail:bliss:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Could Your Voice Signal Type 2 Diabetes?

Experts have long hypothesized that our blood sugar (glucose) levels may affect how our voices sound. It’s based on Hooke’s law, which explains that changes in the tension, mass, or length of our vocal folds—linked to glucose levels—can alter their vibrational frequency. In a study, 505 participants wore continuous glucose monitors and recorded their voices several times a day for two weeks. What they found is that as glucose levels went up, so did the pitch of their voices. If you notice a change in your voice, you may want to get your blood sugar checked. (More)

Why Aging Accelerates at 44 and 60

It’s often assumed that aging happens in a straight line, but research suggests that it speeds up during two key milestones: our mid-40s and again at age 60. Around age 44, we start to see changes in how our bodies metabolize lipids (fats) and alcohol. Then, at age 60, significant shifts occur in our immune system and carbohydrate metabolism, along with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease. Recognizing these changes can help us to take proactive steps to manage our health as we age. (More)

Stay Healthy and Fight Cancer with Parsley

Parsley is more than a garnish on the side of your plate; it’s a powerful herb packed with many health benefits. This green herb is loaded with essential vitamins, minerals, and disease-fighting chemical compounds. Plus, apigenin, a flavonoid in parsley, can help in the fight against cancer. Dried parsley is especially rich in apigenin, containing about 13,000 mg per 100 grams, while fresh parsley contains approximately 215 mg of apigenin per 100 grams. (More)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
NEW Episode of the HEAL with Kelly Podcast -
Understanding and Managing Pain with Osteopath
Vicky Vlachonis
In this episode of the HEAL with Kelly Podcast, I’m joined by my dear friend, Vicky Vlachonis, a renowned integrative health expert, osteopath, author and the founder of Saint Supply medicinal olive oil. Together we delve into the mind-body-soul connection, highlighting the importance of addressing both emotional and physical pain for true healing. We also touch on the power of forgiveness, emotional release, and the role of daily rituals in achieving lasting vitality. We also explore how unresolved trauma and emotional blocks can manifest as physical pain, with Vicky sharing her holistic approach to pain resolution.

She also introduces us all to her high phenolic organic drinking olive oil, Saint Supply, known as the "Living Elixir”. She also explains how this scientifically backed olive oil supports memory, lowers cholesterol, and reduces heart attack risk, making it a vital part of whole-body nourishment. Tune in now to learn about this delicious staple in my daily diet, and to also discover how to connect the dots between emotional and physical pain, nourish your body and soul, and live in alignment with your truth.
You can also listen to this episode and all other episodes of the HEAL with Kelly Podcast now on both SPOTIFY or APPLE.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are You or a Loved One Struggling With or Concerned About Fertility? This Will Help!
Are you curious about how to naturally preserve fertility and boost reproductive health? In this clip from last week’s episode, Dr. Taz Bhatia shares invaluable insights on the connection between fertility, gut health, and reducing inflammation. She explains how fertility is a reflection of our overall energy and well-being, and provides practical tips on how to replenish vital nutrients and use holistic practices to support long-term reproductive vitality. Whether you're thinking about your fertility journey or simply want to optimize your health, this episode is packed with actionable advice you won’t want to miss!
You can also watch the full podcast episode featuring Dr. Taz Bhatia on YouTube by CLICKING HERE, or listen to it now on either SPOTIFY or APPLE.

VU Sponsors