Become a Patron!

Above or Resistance Ohming

SpicyPecan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am brand new to vaping and eventually would like to try subohming however i don't want to jump straight into it. i have heard the smoke can get pretty hot and i would like to ease into it. I can't build coils and right now my needs are for good flavor and decent to big clouds, I'm more concerned with flavor. Any suggestions on tanks ? i received the praxis decimus box mod as a gift just today.

Update: Swapped out the decimus for two kanger starter kits, one mini and one nano. which came with the tank and etc.. thanks for the help !

Last edited:

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Many many subohm tanks on the market for when you get to that step... The few that I remember above 1 ohm are aspire. Nautilus and all other sorts of names. However if don't let the subohm label hinder you. The 0.5 coil heads in most tanks isn't a terribly hot Vape. With the airflow options of most its actually a cool Vape. You just have to realize what you want and read, read, read on tanks. Everyone is different so me telling you about the .5 tanks may be still to hot for you, I just fear that an above 1 tank will leave you wanting more and more money out of pocket.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would order the Praxis tank for the Decimus. It's a flavor tank. Great vapor too. You can adjust the wattage to your preferred strength.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SpicyPecan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was initially just going to buy the spitfire tank which is the praxis tank however after starting to research different tanks i was overwhelmed with the amount of options. I also am concerned about coils and how each brands coils perform.

SpicyPecan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i do realize its personal preference. i have smoked a .5 coil before but it was a friend of mines so I'm not sure what kind of airflow or wattage he had going on.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i do realize its personal preference. i have smoked a .5 coil before but it was a friend of mines so I'm not sure what kind of airflow or wattage he had going on.
More often then not... Even with subohm you can adjust wattage to suit your style... And just ramp up the wattage as your needs increase. Granted you can do the same with higher resistance coils. I always understood it as taking more power for higher resistance coils and lower for low resistance coils so battery life could be a factor. I just took that aspect from car stereo though. Less resistance, less resistant coil. The chip sets in most devices surpass my understanding or want to understand really.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SpicyPecan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks after some research I decided on the Crown tank, and today I saw a rose gold color option is soon coming. That sold me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks after some research I decided on the Crown tank, and today I saw a rose gold color option is soon coming. That sold me.

The Crown is a good tank but the stainless wire coils do like higher wattages.. I vape the .25 around 65-70w
and the .5 ohm at around 55-60w..good flavor/clouds and I love filling it from the top..I like the Crown so much I own three of them...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Crown is a good tank but the stainless wire coils do like higher wattages.. I vape the .25 around 65-70w
and the .5 ohm at around 55-60w..good flavor/clouds and I love filling it from the top..I like the Crown so much I own three of them...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Exactly my experience - and I also own three:D

SpicyPecan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Every review I've watched and read says it's a reliable tank. I would be using the stainless wire coils since my device is not temp controlled and I've heard things about people being nickel sensitive and having reactions.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every review I've watched and read says it's a reliable tank. I would be using the stainless wire coils since my device is not temp controlled and I've heard things about people being nickel sensitive and having reactions.

The Ni200 coils are not very good for the Crown. I use the regular SS coils in power mode, and they're fantastic as long as you use them with enough watts!

What mod are you planning on using it on?

SpicyPecan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My sig and i actually made the decision to not use the decimus and got two kanger starter kits one nano and one mini.

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My sig and i actually made the decision to not use the decimus and got two kanger starter kits one nano and one mini.
Those are really decent starter kits with room to grow in the future. I own a mini starter kit and still take toots off it from time to time.

smoked

Member For 4 Years
I also got the kanger mini and didn't like it with the .5 coil and higher wattage, too hot. However when I switched to the 1.5 coils at 13 to 15 watts low air setting it was great. Still have that sub ohm option if you want that later. Good kit in my opinion.

VU Sponsors