Become a Patron!

Adding pure nicotine to already premade eliquid

I have premade eliquid already but was thinking of adding 1-2 drops of 100% pure nicotine to it. Would that be okay, or safe? Or would that be just way too much nicotine?
Just so were clear; yes, I mean PURE nicotine. Not just 100mg nicotine, but 100%.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I'm no expert on the subject, and I don't DIY my own juice, but that sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. Nicotine is the one ingredient in juice that I wouldn't screw around with. It is poisonous and when diluted enough in e-juice it's relatively "safe", but in it's pure form, you could really hurt yourself if you aren't careful.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No joke, that stuff requires a bigger ordeal than nitrile gloves for safe handling. Hazmat, head covering, much more ventilation than just an open room in the house. One drop on the skin can induce a heart attack before one could reach the phone to dial 911. Just having it in the house is asking for disaster.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Pure nicotine is too much to handle safely at home imo.
Now if you're an experienced chemist with all the personal protective equipment and have all the know how then disregard what I'm saying.
One time I had nic, don't remember the MG but it was more than 100mg, spilled a little on my arm and I got sick as hell I thought I was going to die. Also pure nice should be pre diluted before working it directly into your juice, even 1 or 2 drops could be too much of it pure depending on what kinda nic level you're used to.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I'm no expert on the subject, and I don't DIY my own juice, but that sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. Nicotine is the one ingredient in juice that I wouldn't screw around with. It is poisonous and when diluted enough in e-juice it's relatively "safe", but in it's pure form, you could really hurt yourself if you aren't careful.

No joke, that stuff requires a bigger ordeal than nitrile gloves for safe handling. Hazmat, head covering, much more ventilation than just an open room in the house. One drop on the skin can induce a heart attack before one could reach the phone to dial 911. Just having it in the house is asking for disaster.

Thank you for letting me know!!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have premade eliquid already but was thinking of adding 1-2 drops of 100% pure nicotine to it. Would that be okay, or safe? Or would that be just way too much nicotine?
Just so were clear; yes, I mean PURE nicotine. Not just 100mg nicotine, but 100%.
just get some 100mg to be safer or get some lab gear a hazmat suit etc that stuff is scary I had some not safe

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At one time, I'd actually thought of getting some and going outside on the porch to dilute it to 100mg just for good ventilation. A few things stopped me though - all I could find was from off the wall websites I'd never heard of or dealt with. And I remembered how clumsy I am....:oops:
Definitely not worth the hassle or the risk. It's seriously deadly stuff.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When I started DIY I thought about getting pure nic and diluting it myself then I did more research and said NO, 100mg/ml is all I want to fool with.
I may not have a reason to live but I sure as hell don't want to die..LOL

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
How big of "drops"? Drops vary in size depending on what they are coming out of. And into how much pre-made juice? A drop in a 10ml bottle could prove fatal, but a drop in a 120ml might not. If you are using pure nic, measurements need to be precise. As noted above, pure nic should only be handled by someone experienced, with the proper safety gear and environment.

Here is a place to calculate percentages and amounts; http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

VU Sponsors