Become a Patron!

ALLERIA RTA v2 BY AUGVAPE

Dampfsucht

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I need to contact Robert again about the glass kit. My spare chamber glass arrived cracked when I received it. I was texting with Robert the weekend just prior to the Boreas shipping about this issue. No replacement glass was available at that time.

Dampfsucht

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm glad the Alleria came with extra glass. It's a great tank. Gotta have a back-up chamber though.

F

fckaugust8th

I need to contact Robert again about the glass kit. My spare chamber glass arrived cracked when I received it. I was texting with Robert the weekend just prior to the Boreas shipping about this issue. No replacement glass was available at that time.
They have it now, I ordered on Wed. evening, received it on Saturday. Subtank Supply Rocks!

awoodby

Member For 4 Years
WTF did you not understand? well, I will say it in the simplest way possible, if you did not get it this time i can not help you, tanks are like food flatware, would you drink soup with a painted spoon? or do you prefer food grade stainless steel?

Anodized aluminum, paint isn't going to chip off.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anodized aluminum, paint isn't going to chip off.
Ok, i get it, but still, i feel much more comfortable and safe using plain SS tanks, can't stop worrying about inhaling one loose post screw one day though :D

F

fckaugust8th

The Alleria has a glass chamber! No painting there. My question is about the inner glass sleeve. Is it pyrex glass? Is the COE 33?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Alleria has a glass chamber! No painting there. My question is about the inner glass sleeve. Is it pyrex glass? Is the COE 33?
Its glass..I would assume Pyrex. Is there a difference is either choice.

F

fckaugust8th

Thanks for the quick reply. There is a difference. Pyrex (borosilicate glass) is COE 33. I want to 1) use colored frit (glass powder) to put a thin line on the bottom part of the glass sleeve so I can see how open/closed the juice flow is. 2) in order to do that, I need to actually melt the frit onto the glass sleeve and then anneal it properly. The frit COE has to be the same as the glass tube used for the sleeve. Different COE glass has different ramp up /ramp down temp. schedule as well as different annealing temperatures.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for the quick reply. There is a difference. Pyrex (borosilicate glass) is COE 33. I want to 1) use colored frit (glass powder) to put a thin line on the bottom part of the glass sleeve so I can see how open/closed the juice flow is. 2) in order to do that, I need to actually melt the frit onto the glass sleeve and then anneal it properly. The frit COE has to be the same as the glass tube used for the sleeve. Different COE glass has different ramp up /ramp down temp. schedule as well as different annealing temperatures.
O fer colorin, gotcha...I guess it'll make the difference then. Im not sure but you could always try it on the spare glass and hope nothing happens if it does mess up..

F

fckaugust8th

Im not sure but you could always try it on the spare glass and hope nothing happens if it does mess up..
I would do that if I hadn't break the first sleeve! I guess the best thing would be to dig up some pyrex glass tubing of the same diameter and go from there.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Interesting idea...hmm...got me thinking:)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

F

fckaugust8th

"Interesting idea...hmm...got me thinking"
Now all I have to do is find out the inside diameter and the thickness of the glass sleeve.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yea I would say 14.5-15mm but the tolerances dont need to be exact as long as you have orings that make it sealed

It helps, but maybe @roxynoodle will chime in with more info like inside diameter, length and glass wall thickness.:D
She didnt help build the Alleria, thats a Augvape design.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I can't find my damn calipers or I could tell you. But, yeah, the Alleria is Augvape's. I just tested it and made a couple suggestions that were put on the current version.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I want to try out the Druid by Augvape...that seems like a RDA I could use to its potential

F

fckaugust8th

Awwww, maan. But she knows all that stuff, don't she? Guess I have to dig out the caliper. ...We just moved and only God and my wife (kinda the same thing) know where all that stuff is.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Awwww, maan. But she knows all that stuff, don't she? Guess I have to dig out the caliper. ...We just moved and only God and my wife (kinda the same thing) know where all that stuff is.

I've been here 23 years, and I've been looking for them for weeks!

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I got my old analogue ones out of the barn. What do you need measurements of?

F

fckaugust8th

I got my old analogue ones out of the barn. What do you need measurements of?
Thank you Roxy, didn't mean to bother you, I was being lazy:blowkiss:I was looking for the inner diameter, length and wall thickness of the chamber glass. Please don't waste you time on that, I'll just take the spare to the glass supply store on my next trip. One question I have is if the wall thickness is critical, I would probably find pyrex tube but the walls may be a little thicker.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thank you Roxy, didn't mean to bother you, I was being lazy:blowkiss:I was looking for the inner diameter, length and wall thickness of the chamber glass. Please don't waste you time on that, I'll just take the spare to the glass supply store on my next trip. One question I have is if the wall thickness is critical, I would probably find pyrex tube but the walls may be a little thicker.

OD = 16mm
ID = 14mm
thickness = 1mm
height = 22.16mm

F

fckaugust8th

Has anyone tried the Theorem yet? I know we're in hog heaven with the Boreas and Alleria, but I'm just curious and while waiting for the Merlin, I thought I'd get something else for possible MTL.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Has anyone tried the Theorem yet? I know we're in hog heaven with the Boreas and Alleria, but I'm just curious and while waiting for the Merlin, I thought I'd get something else for possible MTL.

I ordered one last night from eciggity.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ordered one last night from eciggity.
At $26 shipped I'm very very tempted. I love my Avocado and Haze, and it looks like the theorem fixed some of the quirky issues I had with those two, plus the notch coils which I want to try.

I do wish they'd include a set of black o-rings as beautiful of a blue as that is, you know color matching and all that. But, with all the o-rings and what not I have around I'm sure I have something that'll fit.

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I ordered batteries, too, so got the free shipping. $22.40 for it was a good deal.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ordered batteries, too, so got the free shipping. $22.40 for it was a good deal.
Good idea, I don't normally like ordering batteries from anything but a devoted battery vendor, but ehh I have plenty of mods running where I'm not pushing the batteries really at all so they can fill in there.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Good idea, I don't normally like ordering batteries from anything but a devoted battery vendor, but ehh I have plenty of mods running where I'm not pushing the batteries really at all so they can fill in there.

I know, but I got LG poopsticks. Hopefully they're not fakes. My rx200s could use a couple more sets so I decided to take advantage of the sale and get free shipping instead of go with my usual vendor, illumn.

VU Sponsors