she said little spurts.
giggle.gif

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@cherrycakes
Good morning young lady.
I'm really sorry to hear that you DR.s are being of little to no help for you.
I hope you get things back on track soon. I hate to think of how miserable it must be having to deal with all that pain and discomfort.
Positive vibes towards you sweetie
tumblr_makfvxOm4b1r2a5luo1_500.jpg
Thank you so much @Fishee
You are a wonderful person.
Kind, caring, and loving, with a good heart.

In my opinion these are the best qualities a person can have, and the true markers of success. It's so hard to be positive sometimes.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Exactly and I gained weight i told my DR i would rather be in pain we played with a few things but the Norco 10 3.25 takes the edge off so I am good. I hope you feel better soon hun, keep goin to DRs someone will figure it out
I recently starting the Butrans pain patches and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I was taking 3-6 Norco 10's a day and finally ask my doc if there was an alternative because I don't like taking the same pain med for too long, and I have enough other meds trying to kill off my liver and kidneys.
They are good for a week and I'm just finishing my 3rd week so yay, get to put on a new patch today :) and I'm down to 1-2 Norco a day now.
They have one of those common co-pay savings cards which is good because otherwise they'd be $70 per month after my insurance, and I'm participating in their patient experience survey program which gets me a $10 Amazon gift card a week. I thought the survey was a requirement for the co-pay card, but apparently it is more like a clinical triel / data gathering for future marketing program so when my first Amazon card showed up the other day I was like "BONUS!" turned around and ordered some japanese cotton pads :)
Based on my experience so far, I definitely recommend trying them. I have heard that they don't work for everyone, but I had good luck with the Nicoderm patches so I was expecting them to at least help... just hope I don't get addicted to them the way I did with the Nicoderm...

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just to let you know....... I'm still lurking in the background..... You Lady's and Gents are great... So much entertainment value yet so little time...

Hugs from Gramps

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I recently starting the Butrans pain patches and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I was taking 3-6 Norco 10's a day and finally ask my doc if there was an alternative because I don't like taking the same pain med for too long, and I have enough other meds trying to kill off my liver and kidneys.
They are good for a week and I'm just finishing my 3rd week so yay, get to put on a new patch today :) and I'm down to 1-2 Norco a day now.
They have one of those common co-pay savings cards which is good because otherwise they'd be $70 per month after my insurance, and I'm participating in their patient experience survey program which gets me a $10 Amazon gift card a week. I thought the survey was a requirement for the co-pay card, but apparently it is more like a clinical triel / data gathering for future marketing program so when my first Amazon card showed up the other day I was like "BONUS!" turned around and ordered some japanese cotton pads :)
Based on my experience so far, I definitely recommend trying them. I have heard that they don't work for everyone, but I had good luck with the Nicoderm patches so I was expecting them to at least help... just hope I don't get addicted to them the way I did with the Nicoderm...
I'm glad to see they are working out for you and the Amazon gift card is a nice perk.

Last edited:

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I never take more then 3 a day sometimes I take none or one, I have tried patches they just don't work. If you are taking all kinds of meds may I suggest taking vitamin COQ10 it help rejuvinate the organs that are being messed up. My Dr is European and great at helpping me find a more holistic approach Good Luck to you!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I need a damn old lady pill organizer to keep track of all this shit I got to take now
That may be, but you DO need a new gynecologist... they don't LIKE to do hysterectomies on women who have not had children but they an oath to help you with your pain, not dictate their concerns about your choice for progeny.

Wife and I have been there because of the cancer scare, but she had just had our daughter when that happened so it opened up a lot of talking about it and decided to do what then was an experimental "LEEP procedure" because we went to the medical center that pioneered it. Anyplace else and she would have had the hysterectomy.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I called them I always have weird reactions to medication like metformin levothyroxine and lyrica I just can't take them this is actually gabapentin and not lyrica but I'm having the same reaction I did on the lyrica
Gabapentin? That's a seizure and nerve pain med. I take that as a daily for my peripheral neuropathy. That seems like a really weird pill to prescribe for the kind of pain you've been talking about.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks glassgrl.

my heart goes out to those of you in physical and mental distress. (well, what part of my heart that still works. :p)

so if i misspeak and offend anyone, it is not my intention. i just misspeak a lot.
That's okay, I've softened them up for you :)

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Gabapentin? That's a seizure and nerve pain med. I take that as a daily for my peripheral neuropathy. That seems like a really weird pill to prescribe for the kind of pain you've been talking about.
I think they believe I have nerve damage

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i saw those hell raiser movies years ago. kinda forgot most of what was in them. but i remember that pinhead guy. creepy.
Well there is a box... a guy with pins in his heads that has an awesome outlook on life... another guy wears steampunk welding googles and has a pretty f'd up face who just sort of pops in and out of the shadows... normally a bald girl with her neck sort of pealing up like a collar iirc... somebody at some point in time gets ripped apart by a bunch of really big fish hooks on chains... oh and a bunch of people die, but not in a corny sort of way.

It's really weird some of the stuff that I DO remember...

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well there is a box... a guy with pins in his heads that has an awesome outlook on life... another guy wears steampunk welding googles and has a pretty f'd up face who just sort of pops in and out of the shadows... normally a bald girl with her neck sort of pealing up like a collar iirc... somebody at some point in time gets ripped apart by a bunch of really big fish hooks on chains... oh and a bunch of people die, but not in a corny sort of way.

It's really weird some of the stuff that I DO remember...
The whole thing is pretty kinky

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I really needed one of those and I need a small pill case to put in my purse because I'm supposed to take the gabapentin 3 times a day which means I will have to take one at work and I don't want to put the pill bottle in my purse because its huge
That ONE mid-day pill is really hard to remember to take, especially when your day doesn't have a schedule. At the same time I started the patch I asked my doc for an alternative to the 3x a day and he put me on the new extended release version. It has a titration schedule, and the pills are friggin huge horse pills. I don't titrate up until tonight and you have to eat when you take them, but ask me again in another week or two what I think.
So far I'm not sure. I seem to be falling more, really clocked my head good several days ago and it is still tender to touch and I've had migraines every day since, but I'm hoping that stabilizes over time otherwise the meds might become more dangerous than they are worth...

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That ONE mid-day pill is really hard to remember to take, especially when your day doesn't have a schedule. At the same time I started the patch I asked my doc for an alternative to the 3x a day and he put me on the new extended release version. It has a titration schedule, and the pills are friggin huge horse pills. I don't titrate up until tonight and you have to eat when you take them, but ask me again in another week or two what I think.
So far I'm not sure. I seem to be falling more, really clocked my head good several days ago and it is still tender to touch and I've had migraines every day since, but I'm hoping that stabilizes over time otherwise the meds might become more dangerous than they are worth...
Yeah I'll have to remember to take it at lunch or something

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Most of the crap they tried to put me on ends up causing more bad side effects than fixing a problem (lyrica metformin levothyroxine)
And I know what you mean about horse pills I have spironolactone 100 milligram that get stuck in my throat.

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

sorry to hear about the falls, InMyImage. i only come close to falling, but my legs are very strong. even if i'm unconscious, i remain standing. my legs lock. i tend to move slow, so i'm ready for it at any moment. all those years of walking many, many miles a day have paid off.

i hope it gets easier for you!

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did you have coordination problems before the medicine or could it be the combination of drugs making it worse? Also are you allowed to cut the pill in half?

Personally I'd rather take higher morning and night doses than have to take something 3 times a day

I apologize if I'm not making sense the voice to talk seems to be screwing everything up

Last edited:

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I said I'd go to some multi level marketing meeting for some kind of weight loss product but I really don't want to go. however it might be an interesting experience since I'm so out of it on multiple pills. The person giving it got oral sex from my husband many years ago so I have to give him shit but really I don't care

Last edited:

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That may be, but you DO need a new gynecologist... they don't LIKE to do hysterectomies on women who have not had children but they an oath to help you with your pain, not dictate their concerns about your choice for progeny.

Wife and I have been there because of the cancer scare, but she had just had our daughter when that happened so it opened up a lot of talking about it and decided to do what then was an experimental "LEEP procedure" because we went to the medical center that pioneered it. Anyplace else and she would have had the hysterectomy.
I have a good gynecologist but because it was an emergency appointment they just gave me whoever was available :(

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It seems like Rasta vapors isn't for me either the grizzly bear tastes like soap too :(

letting it steep for a while but I hope the dazed is better

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Carvedilol, Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Furosemide, potassium, Metformin, Glipizide, insulin, prilosec, COq10. Gabapentin, aspirin, Atorvastatin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Wee and non-off-putting list

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
sorry to hear about the falls, InMyImage. i only come close to falling, but my legs are very strong. even if i'm unconscious, i remain standing. my legs lock. i tend to move slow, so i'm ready for it at any moment. all those years of walking many, many miles a day have paid off.

i hope it gets easier for you!
Okay, don't take this wrong, but unconsious standing is just a little unnerving... Although now that I think about it, probably not weird enough to even be noticed nowdays :)

And yeah, both my legs were strong before my first surgery in 2008. The muscles in my right leg have atrophied visibly and I can't maintain any muscle mass in my calf. My left leg has ad to take on a lot more responsibility and my wife has been bugging me to use my walker or at least my cane around the house, but the walker is a PIA and I just forget about the cane unless I'm have a particularly bad day.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Effexor
Ultram
Spironolactone
Armour thyroid
Garabentin
Diclofenac misoprostol
Medrol
Lupron depo

:0

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did you have coordination problems before the medicine or could it be the combination of drugs making it worse? Also are you allowed to cut the pill in half?

Personally I'd rather take higher morning and night doses than have to take something 3 times a day

I apologize if I'm not making sense the voice to talk seems to be screwing everything up
The XR version is just taken at night. I'm a big 6'1" so the size of the pills isn't a problem for me. I don't know what the impact would be of cutting them in half.

I had good coordination before I started having significant problems back in 2005. My daughter was a fastpitch softball pitcher and used to always catch for her and warm up all the pitchers on the team too. Squatting is still better than trying to bend over just because I've been doing it ever since I first hurt my back a little over 20 years ago but now I have to hold onto something to be able to keep myself from falling over on the way up and while I'm in the squatting position.

VU Sponsors