Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You don't suck lol...but I had to bust my ass today...it was unreal

i always feel badly for you guys who do hard physical labor in all kinds of weather. mine is just mental stress.

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i always feel badly for you guys who do hard physical labor in all kinds of weather. mine is just mental stress.
Lol its only shitty when it's really cold and windy and really really hot...other than that it isn't bad

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol its only shitty when it's really cold and windy and really really hot...other than that it isn't bad
so at least half the time. :p

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I once worked for a boss who served in Vietnam as a chopper pilot. During a really crappy day I mentioned that I was stressed due to the politics of my position. He related a story where he flew a mission to evacuate wounded soldiers, he got shot down and managed to make his way to the forward fire base and was sent back to the airfield where he got in another Huey and was dispatched to pick up another set of wounded soldiers, and he got shot down a second time. He told me that getting shot down in a helicopter twice in one day was stress. I still remember him telling me that story.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I once worked for a boss who served in Vietnam as a chopper pilot. During a really crappy day I mentioned that I was stressed due to the politics of my position. He related a story where he flew a mission to evacuate wounded soldiers, he got shot down and managed to make his way to the forward fire base and was sent back to the airfield where he got in another Huey and was dispatched to pick up another set of wounded soldiers, and he got shot down a second time. He told me that getting shot down in a helicopter twice in one day was stress. I still remember him telling me that story.

yeah everything is relative, right? i'd take my job over being shot down in a helicopter any day. :)

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yeah everything is relative, right? i'd take my job over being shot down in a helicopter any day. :)

Yep, you're right. I'll take my daily stress over that type of life altering stress any day. I'm a Baker, at least I can beat up the bread dough when I get stressed. "Punching the dough" is real.....

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep, you're right. I'll take my daily stress over that type of life altering stress any day. I'm a Baker, at least I can beat up the bread dough when I get stressed. "Punching the dough" is real.....
i work for weasel lawyers, and believe me, i'd like to punch them a lot of the time. :p

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i work for weasel lawyers, and believe me, i'd like to punch them a lot of the time. :p
The sad thing is that when I got out of the service I was considering law school. As far as I'm concerned, I've got way, way too much Karma to work off in this life. If I became a lawyer in this life, I'd be a cricket in the next life with a southern anole (lizard) looking to eat me for dinner.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The sad thing is that when I got out of the service I was considering law school. As far as I'm concerned, I've got way, way too much Karma to work off in this life. If I became a lawyer in this life, I'd be a cricket in the next life with a southern anole (lizard) looking to eat me for dinner.

you probably wouldn't have another life, because if you had become a lawyer, you'd have lost your soul. :p

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For the geeks out there...

Just repaired my old Gateway E-4100 from like 2007. ;)
I got it at a Community Colleges auction for like $35 back then, but still works perfectly after I fixed a previously b0rk3d OS with a Nuke 'n Pave.

• P4 HT 2.8Ghz (virtual dual-core)
  • 512RAM
  • 80GB HDD
  • IntelPro Gigabit Ethernet w/ Intel tools
  • SoundMax Audio / Intel Extreme II Video
  • XP Pro

Don't ya just miss this sort of efficiency sometimes?
This is what a clean install looks like boys....just the defaults plus a couple of H/W tray apps.
I can kill off several more un-needed processes with bit of mucking about.

nPxIu5d.png

BTW, that "PRONoMgr" is a rather hilarious and not-edited file name for the Intel Pro 1000 Wired Connection Tools tray app...LOLZ!!!

Oy, The Intel Programmers didn't have a sense of humour? I think they knew full well how it'd look in TaskMan... ;)

Last edited:

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
you probably wouldn't have another life, because if you had become a lawyer, you'd have lost your soul. :p
Yea, us Vulcan's have soul. We just call it Ojuika.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow sleep days feel good. Two 6-7 hour periods where I completely passed out and got good deep sleeps. Whoo Hoo!

carlton_dance.gif%7Ec200

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

i actually knew 1 very good atty. he taught me everything i need to know, to deal with the NLRB. he had worked there, and when he did, he was the president of the union for the agents. i had fired the union atty from working on any of my cases. he still worked for the union, just not for me. he was total piece of human garbage. he actually came into my office and told me that i couldn't fire him. i laughed! he told me that he had rewritten the contract language for our biggest property, one that i had. i told him that i would rather loose a few cases, rather than endanger anyone by dealing with him. a year or 2 later, he stuck a gun in my face, because i was defending a women, who was accused of stealing, at another property. it wasn't my property, but i used to work there and i knew the lady.

fast forward 5 or 6 years. when i returned to seattle, in 2004, i talked to a buddy, who still worked at the union. that piece of shit atty had been arrested in oregon in an underage prostitution sting. my buddy said that proved me right. i told him that if you couldn't tell the guy was garbage after talking to him for 5 minutes, there was something wrong with you!

but the other guy, although a slow talker, enabled me, or gave the tools, to fix everything that POS atty had done to our members.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow sleep days feel good. Two 6-7 hour periods where I completely passed out and got good deep sleeps. Whoo Hoo!

carlton_dance.gif%7Ec200
Holy crap, just woke up from another one... how is everyone today?

Demoniacal

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Doing good IMI, seems like you're catching up on lost sleep, which is always a good thing, I'm sitting here waiting for 3:00 PM so I can go to Vapercon with Mom and a couple of my friends.

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Holy crap, just woke up from another one... how is everyone today?

how you doing, IMI? i'll pass on the rest of the stuff that happens to you, but i can get jealous of 6-7 hours of deep sleep!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Pop quiz hot shots where is this from? I'm the vindow vasher. I came to vish vash your vindows. (Anyone between ages 30-35 it was a popular book while we were in elemenrty school in the late eighties early nineties.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i actually knew 1 very good atty. he taught me everything i need to know, to deal with the NLRB. he had worked there, and when he did, he was the president of the union for the agents. i had fired the union atty from working on any of my cases. he still worked for the union, just not for me. he was total piece of human garbage. he actually came into my office and told me that i couldn't fire him. i laughed! he told me that he had rewritten the contract language for our biggest property, one that i had. i told him that i would rather loose a few cases, rather than endanger anyone by dealing with him. a year or 2 later, he stuck a gun in my face, because i was defending a women, who was accused of stealing, at another property. it wasn't my property, but i used to work there and i knew the lady.

fast forward 5 or 6 years. when i returned to seattle, in 2004, i talked to a buddy, who still worked at the union. that piece of shit atty had been arrested in oregon in an underage prostitution sting. my buddy said that proved me right. i told him that if you couldn't tell the guy was garbage after talking to him for 5 minutes, there was something wrong with you!

but the other guy, although a slow talker, enabled me, or gave the tools, to fix everything that POS atty had done to our members.

thanks for that story.....i love hearing about weasel attorneys getting their comeuppances. :)

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks for that story.....i love hearing about weasel attorneys getting their comeuppances. :)

he's definitely one who deserved his fate!

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For the geeks out there...

Just repaired my old Gateway E-4100 from like 2007. ;)
I got it at a Community Colleges auction for like $35 back then, but still works perfectly after I fixed a previously b0rk3d OS with a Nuke 'n Pave.

• P4 HT 2.8Ghz (virtual dual-core)
  • 512RAM
  • 80GB HDD
  • IntelPro Gigabit Ethernet w/ Intel tools
  • SoundMax Audio / Intel Extreme II Video
  • XP Pro

Don't ya just miss this sort of efficiency sometimes?
This is what a clean install looks like boys....just the defaults plus a couple of H/W tray apps.
I can kill off several more un-needed processes with bit of mucking about.

nPxIu5d.png

BTW, that "PRONoMgr" is a rather hilarious and not-edited file name for the Intel Pro 1000 Wired Connection Tools tray app...LOLZ!!!

Oy, The Intel Programmers didn't have a sense of humour? I think they knew full well how it'd look in TaskMan... ;)

When I get my new laptop, I will be installing a completely tweaked/modified/slim version of Win 7 32 Bit and Win XP Pro (Dual Boot)...all processes will be under 10 on both OS's.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors