Become a Patron!

Alternate Universe

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't NEED a woman in my life...I want one. Conversely, I don't ever want to be needed, I just want to be WANTED (cue Cheap Trick song).
I really want to believe I will be married one last time....but as i said in another thread that I started.....I want to be an old man, sitting next to my old wife...and have her look at me like she still never wants to know a moment without me, and that I still matter.

Yup, that about sums it up nicely.
I also have zero intentions of changing to fit into someone else's life. Either we fit, or we don't.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a woman in my life. I would like two or three more. Destination Utah.

20693417.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Going to go disassemble/clean out my 'ol CM Storm Spawn mouse and see if I can fix it again.
BBIAB, I hope. ;)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
finally remembered to add Skype to muh contact info....derp.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I got the mouse back into shape again.

P1020729.JPG

Took apart, cleaned it out, and then gave it a good rubdown with isopropyl alcohol on a microfiber towel.
The rubberized coating on the left click button was coming off gradually, so I took it all off down to the plastic. (Yes, OCD peeps, there is SOME left, I couldn't get it all without wrecking the other button which is not peeling.)

Much better now and no little bits of rubber falling into the mouse's innards.

I followed that with a rub with lemon furniture polish on a paper towel to protect the finish and the rubberized parts. Feels like new again. :)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

View attachment 8006

Took apart, cleaned it out, and then gave it a good rubdown with isopropyl alcohol on a microfiber towel.
The rubberized coating on the left click button was coming off gradually, so I took it all off down to the plastic. (Yes, OCD peeps, there is SOME left, I couldn't get it all without wrecking the other button which is not peeling.)

I followed that with a rub with lemon furniture polish on a paper towel to protect the finish and the rubberized parts. Feels like new again. :)
You are henceforth "The Mousefather"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You are henceforth "The Mousefather"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, thanks. :)

Actually, that would be this guy:

Douglas-Engelbart-_-father-of-Mouse1.jpg

In 1967, Douglas Engelbart applied for the patent of computer Mouse and got that in 1970. Initially name was registered as “X-Y position indicator for a display system” . He registered patent for mouse but unfortunately never got royalties for his invention for which he is best known. As it was first patented by SRI and then was licensed by Apple Computer and in 1983, Apple released it with the Lisa computer.
Source: http://freefeast.info/personality-motivation/famous_it_personalities/douglas-engelbart-father-of-mouse-life-of-douglas-engelbart/

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 8006

What's wrong with it. Microswitch failures?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What's wrong with it. Microswitch failures?

Nah, they are Omron switches and will likely outlast ME. The wheel/middle button assembly is Japanese too.
However, Tiki-fur getting into the mouse does not help the mechanical contact between button and switch. ;)

This mouse: http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/products/mice/spawn/

I'm a claw/pinch gripper, so this size and form is perfect for my hands.

I've had it since 2007...only upgraded the firmware a few times for various surfaces and DPI ranges.
It is 3500 DPI as OEM, mine is 4000 DPI now. Usually run 1800 for browsing and normal usage.

Going from this mouse to a generic MS/Logitech optical wheel-mouse is like going from a Lambo to a Honda: it might get ya there, but not near as fun. ;)

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope, fur don't help. Seems like a fine piece though. Not that I would cheat on my G500. :oops:

I don't blame ya there. It's a great mouse too.

I almost got one of those as the G5 model, but now, the G500 is a bit overkill for my uses as a mostly non-gamer. Also better for a traditional grip I think. The narrow styles hurt my hand after awhile.

Too many buttons for me too - I like the 7 that I have. :)

I paid $30 for it on Ebay back in 2007, when it was selling for $60+ retail...hehehe

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow...that is just insane. So sad for all of the projects and time invested into an Antares launch. :(

I been reading about that launch for a few days now...over 5,000lbs of supplies for the ISS...wow.

(CNN) -- An unmanned NASA-contracted rocket exploded early Tuesday evening along the eastern Virginia coast, causing a huge fireball but no apparent deaths.

According to NASA, the Orbital Sciences Corp.'s Antares rocket and Cygnus cargo spacecraft were set to launch at 6:22 p.m. ET from the Wallops Flight Facility along the Atlantic Ocean. It was set to carry some 5,000 pounds of supplies and experiments to the International Space Station.

"There was failure on launch," NASA spokesman Jay Bolden said. "There was no indicated loss of life."

Bolden added, "There was significant property and vehicle damage. Mission control is trying to assess what went wrong."
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/28/us/nasa-rocket-explodes/

Funny, this happened previously:
http://www.airspacemag.com/daily-pl...ights-antares-rocket-launch-180953176/?no-ist

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I apologize folks, my router has been gettin ddos'd like it's Y2K...

VU Sponsors