Become a Patron!

Alternate Universe

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The computer I built about 7 years ago is a bit long in the tooth. The only things that are NOT getting replaced is the case (Liquid cooled full tower), the power supply, and the ifitisrounditwillreadit drive.
tumblr_msonnwgvbR1rxbzo3o1_500_zpsb51d57bd.gif

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok I will catch up on reading later Good Morning All of you lovely people!!! I want to go back to bed!! I think I have Pleurisy OMG it hurts to breath was up all night felt like someone stuck a knife in my back and everytime I moved it just hurt more. Yet here I am at work again LOL
If it is pleurisy take care of it asap. I had it in my mid 30s and seriously thought I was a goner. Hospital drained stuff from around my lungs that came out looking like Mt. Dew! They beat it down with antibiotics but took weeks to get truly better.

Get better soon!

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Aw thats so sweet but honestly she is very pretty just one of those girls who thinks she will always get by on her looks. I am pushing 50 and she is 28
Well I guess you win then!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Blades on the way from Thailand.....I'll be in shavetopia.
From what I can tell, you actually live in the US, but now I gotta ask how you shave to actually use soap and get your blades from Thailand?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
From what I can tell, you actually live in the US, but now I gotta ask how you shave to actually use soap and get your blades from Thailand?
I am a wet shaver. I alternate between a Merkur 34c safety razor...and a wee collection of Dovo and Boker straight razors. In my Merkur I use ONLY Feather double edge blades...and the best prices are Thailand direct.

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am a wet shaver. I alternate between a Merkur 34c safety razor...and a wee collection of Dovo and Boker straight razors. In my Merkur I use ONLY Feather double edge blades...and the best prices are Thailand direct.
I love my dovo straight razor...closest shave I've ever had

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
got 2 more iSticks in today. yay!

and to think, i once thought box mods were so fugly, that i'd never buy one.

guess i was wrong:

CAM00077.jpg

impressive, dear....but those naughtylesses look kinda ridiculous on the iSticks. just sayin.......

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think I am to Stressed! After 8 months without a drop of Alcohol I started imbibing Sunday. Right now after work today I am sipping on McMasters and Diet Coke listening to
Gonna back a ways but I am 58 so its fitting. Made a appointed with my Physiologist for Tues AM see if I can start going to the CD-MI Group Therapy again. As for the Vaping part Broke out the iHybrid Pure and Vaping away on some 24mg Jucie

best of luck getting back on the wagon, dear. fallen off a few times myself. don't beat yourself over it.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
best of luck getting back on the wagon, dear. fallen off a few times myself. don't beat yourself over it.
Nope Shit Happens Changed
music Genres

Best thing no urge to buy some stinkys

Last edited:

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pretending to Speak as a Public Health Authority now- If your not listening to this your going to Hell in a handbag

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
World Series Game 7 is ON!!

Serious history being made.
KC is eerily mirroring their last WS win, 29 years ago in the year I graduated H.S....1985.

I'm ready with the Command Centre of Vapin' & Munching and Habanero Supreme Pizza w/ extra pepperjack and toppings.:

Woooooo!

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
impressive, dear....but those naughtylesses look kinda ridiculous on the iSticks. just sayin.......
Don't knock it till you try it
I've tried it and can't knock it
:p :D :p :D

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice! do you make your own crust and sauce? If so, care to share your recipes?

I have before, but usually it's just too much work for a damned pizza in a 1BR apartment. It's also too expensive using the huge 1970's electric oven for one small person that usually eats just a few slices. I use my vintage Kenmore toaster oven...not the silly plastic stuff they have now, it's a real sheet metal beast that holds a 6x9 pan.

I usually buy cheap pizzas and use THEM as my Crust adding my own toppings...like those fresh red habaneros. Two "supreme" pizzas for $6..then I add my stuff. ;)

Last edited:

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i hope the royals win, mostly cause they are at home and it's always fun to see the home team win. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
that^ looks soooooooooo damn good. think i am salivating. View attachment 8052

Thanks! =)

You would be..those Habaneros are HOT...the red things on there.
I gotta be careful not to rub my face or let Tiki lick/rub on my hands before washing my hands...o_O

i hope the royals win, mostly cause they are at home and it's always fun to see the home team win. :)

Me too, they really are trying hard and it's an amazing team just like the 1985 team.

Are you watching it now? it's on Fox so anyone can watch it...I'm using my 1993 HDTV with an OTA DTV box and rabbit ears. :D

Last edited:

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've got one of those skin types that when I use a regular razor, I get like little scrapes. Cuts are rare, it's all just these little scrapes so I use one of those nice Braun self cleaning razors.
You method seems fitting given your chosen path :)

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have before, but usually it's just too much work for a damned pizza in a 1BR apartment. It's also too expensive using the huge 1970's electric oven for one small person that usually eats just a few slices. I use my vintage Kenmore toaster oven...not the silly plastic stuff they have now, it's a real sheet metal beast that holds a 6x9 pan.

I usually buy cheap pizzas and use THEM as my Crust adding my own toppings...like those fresh red habaneros. Two "supreme" pizzas for $6..then I add my stuff. ;)
I used to work work at a pissa shop[ok some keys on my laptop do not work] ! shift our fav employee pissa was a Hawaiian wirh Jalapeno peppers. I still buy frozen cheese piassa and add crushed pineapple Canadian bacon and jalapeno peppers to recreate that

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used to work work at a pissa shop[ok some keys on my laptop do not work] ! shift our fav employee pissa was a Hawaiian wirh Jalapeno peppers. I still buy frozen cheese piassa and add crushed pineapple Canadian bacon and jalapeno peppers to recreate that

Sounds good.:)

Some of the new rising crust pizzas are verry good these days too.

I hear ya on the lappy..
This one has a wonky spacebar. I've taken it apart and cleaned it of hairs and such, but it's got a slightly bent retaining pin I haven't bothered to fix yet.

(I used to work at Keytronics building keyboards, so I can take apart about any KB. ;))

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds good.:)

Some of the new rising crust pizzas are verry good these days too.

I hear ya on the lappy..
This one has a wonky spacebar. I've taken it apart and cleaned it of hairs and such, but it's got a slightly bent retaining pin I haven't bothered to fix yet.

(I used to work at Keytronics building keyboards, so I can take apart about any KB. ;))
Well I try to get maximum use out of my computer products . My Desktop is running Xp Pro and no issues And I had taken laptops apart apart before. This HP has been dropped on the floor with a USB flash drive in it ruining the flash drive and the USB port. I guess I am waiting for Win 10 to have the bugs works out before buying a new laptop. Back in the day is use to build PC's until Buying PCs became cheaper then buying the parts

Last edited:

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn. Can I send you mine for repair? I spilled a cup of coffee on my Logitech a few weeks ago. I disassembled, cleaned and rinsed it and put it all back together. Everything works beautifully except for the caps lock, and that's a function I really want to have.

I've had this keyboard for 11 years or so, and it sees heavy use all day, every weekday at work. I'm really attached to it; the feel of the keys on all current keyboards I've tried just doesn't compare.

Two years ago I found an identical mouse (they were purchased as a pair), and keep it in a drawer in case mine bites the dust. Too bad I didn't get the keyboard with it :(

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn. Can I send you mine for repair? I spilled a cup of coffee on my Logitech a few weeks ago. I disassembled, cleaned and rinsed it and put it all back together. Everything works beautifully except for the caps lock, and that's a function I really want to have.

I've had this keyboard for 11 years or so, and it sees heavy use all day, every weekday at work. I'm really attached to it; the feel of the keys on all current keyboards I've tried just doesn't compare.

Two years ago I found an identical mouse (they were purchased as a pair), and keep it in a drawer in case mine bites the dust. Too bad I didn't get the keyboard with it :(

That blows...which KB is it?
I'd assume it's a mechanical one rather than a membrane type?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds good mate! Is your current PSU up to the new components though? People often forget that the PSU is really the most important piece.

Mine is this one, also about 7yrs old but modular and has been a great PSU.

5lweXl.jpg

hwIkCl.jpg

:
I currently have a Thermaltake modular 1050w psu

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok If Any of You Alternate Universe freaks are still conscious oh 7 duoble McMasters Cokes and still going Going be a sick pay pay tomorrow
LOOL

VU Sponsors