Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That blows...which KB is it?
I'd assume it's a mechanical one rather than a membrane type?
Come on Man take a risk buy a new keyboard-Please don't hate me!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I've got one of those skin types that when I use a regular razor, I get like little scrapes. Cuts are rare, it's all just these little scrapes so I use one of those nice Braun self cleaning razors.
You method seems fitting given your chosen path :)
I was taught by my father who was taught by his and so on. I find shaving a very relaxing and masculine past time that should be taken at great leisure. One of the benefits of blade shaving is that your 5 o'clock shadow doesnae arrive until 5 o'clock two days later!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ahhh, you are more than good to go then. Nice PSU! :D

I miss my old PC Power & Cooling 500W...it was seriously overbuilt. Nowadays, IDK if they are made the same...
I've always been a big fan of Thermaltake's products. My previous PSU was a Enermax 750w

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've always been a big fan of Thermaltake's products. My previous PSU was a Enermax 750w

One bit of kit I'm proud of is my Xigmatek LOKI HSF..it's a beastly hunk of metal.:D

xigmatek_loki_001.jpg

dzNedaPl.jpg

Clears the side door fans just barely. .is upgradable with different brackets to future CPU's too.

I know, you have liquid cooling...lucky! :p

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One bit of kit I'm proud of is my Xigmatek LOKI HSF..it's a beastly hunk of metal.:D Ok 15 yrs yrs ago I was building Pc;s IO remeber when Dell Came out with 100GB Hard Drive +=Instant Boner! Clue me in What is going on these days with with over clocking and cooling

xigmatek_loki_001.jpg

dzNedaPl.jpg

Clears the side door fans just barely. .is upgradable with different brackets to future CPU's too.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn, 3-2 Giants in the 9th...KC's up next with Baumgardner pitching AGAIN.

C'mon KC...even just one bloody run to tie it up...plzzzz?

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's a whole lot of computing muscle behind an entry level video card. You don't game, or RTS only?
If A Guy Does Not 3 D game Photoshop or Edit Video its easy to buy a PC or Laptop at a entry level price right the only issues are are touch screen and
and screen resolution

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Microsoft Flight Simulator X is very old 32 bit stuff.....high end video cards really dont do much to help it along......beefy CPU's on the other hand.....

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

With you. My Thermaltake Tough Power has powered four generations of CPU/MB/GPU upgrades in my gaming box. Still haven't found a reason to replace it. DIY proof of (economical) concept. :)

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That blows...which KB is it?
I'd assume it's a mechanical one rather than a membrane type?
Y-RJ20
It was part of the MX-Duo combo sold at all of the big box stores.

It is actually a membrane keyboard (if I understand the terminology right), but the key feel is not cheep and squishy like most of the new models.

I found a brand new one on Ebay this week for about $80. I figured I'd try rebuilding it one more time, and then it's quits. Or I'll learn to live without the caps lock :rolleyes: :D

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I used to have the MX Duo.....then I ventured into the world of Razr

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What is exactly the point of the blue print I am very curious

erm, what blue print? i'm a little color blind.

edit: doh! you mean the sig? i did that, back when i joined the site. i was trying to get some kind of Gatto quote, but i had to shorten it alot. there's a 5 part vid, The Ultimate History Lesson A Weekend With John Taylor Gatto. it's pretty amazing. unfortunately, it was done, right before John had a stroke. he's a little rambling and has to be brought back on track, a few times.

John puts together many pieces of history to show how public schools are used to brainwash and control us. might sound far-fetched at first, but he lays the case out beautifully. i left those 2 pieces of a quote it, because it is those capitalists, who had a major impact on our education system, like the Rockefeller Foundation. Additionally very large corporations mass produce things. when your mass producing things in the millions, you need to get folks to want to buy them, before you even make them.

enter Edward Bernays. propaganda becomes "public relations". mass media, as the moguls buy up the media, becomes to tool to make us want, what the moguls are going to sell. it's very interesting and there's a plethora of references, in the vid.

you're old enough, you should enjoy it!

Last edited:

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
morning Rog. i answered you question...once i saw the blue! o_O

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One bit of kit I'm proud of is my Xigmatek LOKI HSF..it's a beastly hunk of metal.:D

xigmatek_loki_001.jpg

dzNedaPl.jpg

Let me guess that was for an early gen AMD chip huh? Those things ran freaky hot!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Morning everyone.

@adk1989 may you be blessed with clear weather until the weekend.

@franciscan nice to see someone who enjoys watching drivers who know how to make right turns :)

@Tripster hope the fog clears today wish that a simple cup of coffee helped, but know that it doesn't :(

@Whiskey Enjoy the drive. There are smiles waiting for you at the end of it that makes it all worthwhile :)

@kelli Can't wait to see how you die today :)

@m3rma1d how the heck is Texas? Have not heard anything recently and wondering if you are quartined yet?

@Sambuca have to agree on the tanks... but as long as they satisfy you then enjoy them

Everyone else that I forgot, have a great day too!

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

xigmatek_loki_001.jpg

How many times did you cut yourself during installation? :)
I added a similar Cooler Master unit to my build last year. Given the somewhat tight confines of the case (built to fit in an entertainment unit), my knuckles took a serious beating...

The best thing I did for that system: A 250GB SSD. It's amazing how fast that thing boots, especially compared to a standard speed hard drive.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
vZ4PNBb.png

Seven year old liquid cooled tech. Bit of a hash up but it's been rock solid all these years.

Do you have to flush that system? I've had two different liquid cooled setups (two different computers at work) that have failed over the last year due to buildup in the lines / clogging / whatever. They didn't completely die, but everything started running hot, so the decision was made to replace them. Given that we now have about a dozen folks with liquid systems, I've been meaning to research this and see if we need to add it to our list of yearly maintenance.

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Called my obgyn to make an appointment and they had to put me on a damned waiting list. I sure hope my cysts don't rupture while I'm still waiting...
Come to Chicago I will hook you up with my Dr. when she wants something done I get in the next day, she is awsome been going to her for 20 years she is also great at figuring things out, I once had a physical therapist call me an enigma because everything she tried got the opposite reaction from me, alas my Dr figured out why and sent me to a better therapist.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Our internet will disappear tomorrow...I think but we're getting faster and reliable internet soon.

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If it is pleurisy take care of it asap. I had it in my mid 30s and seriously thought I was a goner. Hospital drained stuff from around my lungs that came out looking like Mt. Dew! They beat it down with antibiotics but took weeks to get truly better.

Get better soon!
Thanks, I need to go get it looked at before my son gets home, last thing I need is him back in the hospital, He is coming home today its not an infection its acute rejection we are stopping the plasmapheresis and starting IVIG so I need to stay clear away, hubby is picking him up from Madison Wi. today

VU Sponsors