ryJutnP.jpg

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok, another internet proble. i'm connected thru wi-fi, cuz i can't hit my broadband. puter tell me i'm manually connected to a port.

how do i change that? or do i need to?

when i try to install stuff, or use certain features, it says i'm not connected to the internet. but i am. :mad:

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Explain that again... You are connected through WIFI AND plugged into the Ethernet port?

The 'not connected to the internet' could be because of the Firewall blocking a port, or because your internet connection is mis-configured, so need to understand how you are connected.

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Explain that again... You are connected through WIFI AND plugged into the Ethernet port?

The 'not connected to the internet' could be because of the Firewall blocking a port, or because your internet connection is mis-configured, so need to understand how you are connected.

no, i want to connect wirelessly to the modem. which i am,by wi-fi mode. my other lapotop isn't like that.

so i do have a connection. just half the stuff i'm trying to use can't find the connection.

and NO! idon't understand any of this! i'm just and idiot! o_O

should i set proxy settings to automatic?

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good Morning All

Was really happy when I got up, NO SNOW!!!

And of coarse now its snowing....:(
Wonder if we are going to get that polar vortex thing again this winter....

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So, one computer is connected via wifi and the other isnt? Im lost here..

Also, if you are connected by wifi AND plugged in to ethernet, the ethernet take priority and the wifi will only be used in case the ethernet goes down..

Which programs wont update?

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wonder if we are going to get that polar vortex thing again this winter....
I read a blurb from the NOAA that they didnt believe we will .. the pacific is suppose to warm up giving up a wet winter instead of a bitterly cold one.

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So, one computer is connected via wifi and the other isnt? Im lost here..

Also, if you are connected by wifi AND plugged in to ethernet, the ethernet take priority and the wifi will only be used in case the ethernet goes down..

Which programs wont update?
not using any plugs on any laptap. my old one is connected thru the network, my new is will only connect by w-fi mode. trying to use broadband mode.

ANY other program, other than web browsers, says i'm not connected. but it's the same connection i'm using to post now. spybot and cccleaner say i'm not connected.

oh, and it's windows 8. i hate it. :mad:

at least Kelli told me how to get my start menu back. that helps some!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So the microwave over range stopped working. Research is that it is one of a couple of parts that cost an arm and a leg to replace, so just ordered a new one.

I blame @Midniteoyl

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Otters are amazing to watch, I love them!!

Hi Whiskey. Watched these guys a couple months ago in Morro Bay. There was a mom with not-yet-weaned pup that were fascinating. Teaching it everything including diving for food, and always in contact. Except when it was how to anchor yourself in the kelp time, for which she remained within squeaking distance one kelp patch over, pretending to sleep.

P6101318.jpg

Last edited:

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Whiskey. Saw this a couple months ago in Morro Bay. There was a mom with not-yet-weaned pup that were fascinating to watch. Teaching it everything including diving for food, and always in contact. Except when it was how to anchor yourself in the kelp time, for which she remained within squeaking distance one kelp patch over, pretending to sleep.

_lMHdUj8WjVh_yY66mpDrQvG1D3akwGlC0Bu4SttPxneC8cNX0nIyvlGKqvEqeNax6eyMGpZYt8=w1896-h869
Ohhhh haaaaaaaaaaaa:):)
tumblr_mi4sgtRZfl1r09lako1_500_zps42a271fb.jpg

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We have enough critters ATM. 2 dogs and 2 cats inside. 4 stray cat that mom feeds everyday all the birds, squirrels, and raccoons and every spring we have a ground hog that lives under the shed to have her litter. I will say that watching the baby groundhogs play is a great way to pass a Sunday morning.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Time to start getting my beach body ready for next year!!! By beach body I mean cage ready lol
How bout running 5 miles a day and doing 100 situps a day for me :)

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
not using any plugs on any laptap. my old one is connected thru the network, my new is will only connect by w-fi mode. trying to use broadband mode.

ANY other program, other than web browsers, says i'm not connected. but it's the same connection i'm using to post now. spybot and cccleaner say i'm not connected.

oh, and it's windows 8. i hate it. :mad:

at least Kelli told me how to get my start menu back. that helps some!
I'm still not really getting you.. what does 'my old one is connected through the network' mean? Do you mean 'Home Group'? Internet Connection Sharing? This is where I am lost. How you are connected determines what could be wrong and what the fix is.

Here's prolly the best way to correct the problem assuming you are connected directly to the router via cable or WiFi: Follow the appropriate instructions here http://www.7tutorials.com/how-delete-forget-wireless-network-profiles-windows-81 to make Windows 'forget' (delete) your connection(s).. Then let Win8 find the network again and connect automatically (type in any WiFi passwords if asked). Dont try to play with the settings. If asked, leave the Firewall settings at Default for a 'Private Network'. If you arent asked about the firewall, then check the connection. If it still doesnt work, go to Control Panel > Windows Firewall and reset it to Default by hitting 'Restore Defaults' on the left hand side.

VU Sponsors